PDA

View Full Version : Bama punishes students leaving early, come on Strick!

joben3
10-26-2013, 12:34 PM
Make it happen...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9880250/alabama-crimson-tide-punish-students-leaving-early

Political Hack
10-26-2013, 12:44 PM
and that's how it's done.

joben3
10-26-2013, 12:45 PM
Agreed, that will keep people at the games... Saban is the man.

Thick
10-26-2013, 12:52 PM
Love it! I also love the candidness of Saban!!

maroonmania
10-26-2013, 12:57 PM
and that's how it's done.

Yea that's great and all but I don't even think MSU has block seating for students. I know that Auburn and Alabama both do with the Greeks. We could institute block seating and then use that as a tool to keep students at the games but currently I don't know what Strick can do.

BulldogDX55
10-26-2013, 01:01 PM
I am a grad student at State who often sits in the student section, and I would love a way to punish the students who leave early.

Sadly, we cannot use the method that Bama used because we do not have group block seating. I am yet to hear an idea that would not be overly complex or expensive that would work in the way that we all want, that is, keeping the students around because we are the loudest section in the stadium.

joben3
10-26-2013, 01:08 PM
I am a grad student at State who often sits in the student section, and I would love a way to punish the students who leave early.

Sadly, we cannot use the method that Bama used because we do not have group block seating. I am yet to hear an idea that would not be overly complex or expensive that would work in the way that we all want, that is, keeping the students around because we are the loudest section in the stadium.

I agree. when the students are there it is loud. Wish we could keep everyone there.

Political Hack
10-26-2013, 01:30 PM
step one: block seating in 2014.
step two: policy on "use or lose" your block seating.
step three: groups with the best attendance, "fan of the game" winners, etc.. gets first slot selection for 2015.

Squidawg11
10-26-2013, 01:32 PM
How about give the Greeks block seating as an incentive to stay? The Greeks catch a lot of flack, but they were the only ones in the student section at the Kentucky game. It is the independents that left early.

dawgs
10-26-2013, 02:38 PM
Wait, people paid for tickets and chose to leave a 50 point blowout early and get called out for it? Maybe people just have better shit to do than watch pointless football for an extra hour.

BulldogDX55
10-26-2013, 02:43 PM
Wait, people paid for tickets and chose to leave a 50 point blowout early and get called out for it? Maybe people just have better shit to do than watch pointless football for an extra hour.

Have you been asleep for the last two weeks?

Political Hack
10-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Have you been asleep for the last two weeks?

he's talking about the Bama game. the fact the Saban is demanding attendance in blowouts just adds more fuel to the fire that we should do something to make sure students are staying during close games.

civildawg
10-26-2013, 03:18 PM
Start winning and people will stay. Don't act like this is all on students a lot of non students leave early also (including myself) because our product on the field is piss poor

TheRef
10-26-2013, 03:22 PM
How about give the Greeks block seating as an incentive to stay? The Greeks catch a lot of flack, but they were the only ones in the student section at the Kentucky game. It is the independents that left early.

Not so fast my friend. I know many Independents, or GDI's as some Greeks call us, that stayed the whole game. I also know many Greeks that left during the game. So don't be pulling any blanket statements too quickly.

J-Dawg
10-26-2013, 03:33 PM
Croom was piss poor this is just "meh".

Squidawg11
10-26-2013, 03:49 PM
Not so fast my friend. I know many Independents, or GDI's as some Greeks call us, that stayed the whole game. I also know many Greeks that left during the game. So don't be pulling any blanket statements too quickly.

I was Greek but I hate the term GDI. It makes non-Greeks who use it look like obnoxious rednecks and the Greeks that use it look like stuck up pricks. I saw with my own eyes that 80% of what remained in the student section was Greek. Greeks make up 30% of the student population. I am sure there were non-Greeks that remained and Greeks that left, but as a whole it was the Greeks that stayed.

RougeDawg
10-26-2013, 03:54 PM
Start winning and people will stay. Don't act like this is all on students a lot of non students leave early also (including myself) because our product on the field is piss poor

So you are saying that Bama is having the same issue because they aren't winning?

civildawg
10-26-2013, 03:58 PM
No bama is having this issue because they are blowing out everyone. People need to realize that football is past its peak and that the option to watch 10 games on tv for free instead of just one in person for hundreds of dollars is what the real problem is

TheRef
10-26-2013, 05:05 PM
I was Greek but I hate the term GDI. It makes non-Greeks who use it look like obnoxious rednecks and the Greeks that use it look like stuck up pricks. I saw with my own eyes that 80% of what remained in the student section was Greek. Greeks make up 30% of the student population. I am sure there were non-Greeks that remained and Greeks that left, but as a whole it was the Greeks that stayed.

Okay. Sorry. I see where you're coming from and I agree. Good day, Sir.

Dawgowar
10-26-2013, 05:11 PM
Have people gather compromising photos of students and flash them on the screen during the game if they leave. In this era of surveillance and facial recognition we should be able to pull it off.

Bucky Dog
10-26-2013, 05:13 PM
You are an idiot! Don't come to anymore games. This is just the problem everyone is saying you need to change. Stay at home and watch your 10 games at the same time while we yell for State!

civildawg
10-26-2013, 05:26 PM
Go back to genes page please

Bucky Dog
10-26-2013, 05:59 PM
Go back to genes page please

That's all you've got?! Again, you're and idiot!