PDA

View Full Version : Negative posters and Game attendance

Sparrows2
09-19-2019, 05:55 PM
I am beginning to think that is a class of MSU fans for whatever reason are only going to attend a very limited if indeed any number of games.
They understand that this doesn?t make them very good supporters, so to salve their conscience they go out of their way to post reasons they are not good fans
Bowl game is too far
Tired of the (Unsert one Liberty, scheveport, Peach, Gator)
We didn’t-beat ole miss
We lost to an OOC team
We don’t beat enough top 10 teams
We don’t beat Bama
Mullen talks too much trash
Mullen lacks passion
We are tired of winning 8 games, we have to get to the next level
Generally I wouldn’t care but it seems these people or only happy if they can repetitvly repeat it 10 times a day to convince other people to not go to justify their poor support
I forgot to add
Too hot
Too early
Too late
No jumbo hot dogs
The players are thugs
The players are soft
We run the ball too much
We don’t run it enough

Homedawg
09-19-2019, 06:05 PM
Well I think most on here would call me negative at least in the regard to our coach. And I'm going to the game and have been to the other two home games. So are you trying to say only the positive people attend?? Well I just proved that to be wrong but carry on w you pass the buck blame game.

Maroonthirteen
09-19-2019, 06:18 PM
Double post

Maroonthirteen
09-19-2019, 06:22 PM
Bottom line, State has a really small fan base of hardcore fans. We just have a lot of casual fans.

But I was thinking about this too. I was listening to brandon walkers show. He tells the story of not even going to the game vs Maine (because he had a date and we sucked) and sitting in a restaurant in Starkville as the game finished.

Bo Bounds a few weeks ago, USM game, mentioned he went to Starkville. Tailgated. Dropped his kids off and went and watched on tv at a restaurant.

I know of many State fans in Columbus but only a very few that actually go to games.

99jc
09-19-2019, 06:22 PM
I go to all games even though I despise the Moorhead hire and always have. if we get beatdown by Kentucky I am through until he is gone. by the way I was at the Kentucky beatdown last year in Lexington....was you?

Sparrows2
09-19-2019, 06:28 PM
Well I think most on here would call me negative at least in the regard to our coach. And I'm going to the game and have been to the other two home games. So are you trying to say only the positive people attend?? Well I just proved that to be wrong but carry on w you pass the buck blame game.

I didn’t say all negative posters don’t go to games
I don’t really care if you go to games or not
But it’s very apparent there is a class of posters who don’t go to games and spend a lot of time explaining and justifying why they don?t go and convincing others it?s stupid to go

Maroonthirteen
09-19-2019, 06:31 PM
Bo Bounds today..... I like his show.... but he said today at least 5 times that State will get blown out Saturday.

There is no way in hell any media or radio personality in Arkansas says that about he Razorbacks going into any game. It’s just a very depressed culture (when it comes to instate football ) in the state of Mississippi.

msstate7
09-19-2019, 06:34 PM
Bo Bounds today..... I like his show.... but he said today at least 5 times that State will get blown out Saturday.

There is no way in hell any media or radio personality in Arkansas says that about he Razorbacks going into any game. It’s just a very depressed culture (when it comes to instate football ) in the state of Mississippi.

I doubt bo thinks we'll get blown out. Maybe he's just laying it on thick like that so when we win, he can sell buying back in on joe. Then again, maybe bo really thinks it

Cooterpoot
09-19-2019, 06:38 PM
What part of “every school is having attendance issues” do some of you not get? The best team in America is dealing with the same problems.

Dawg2003
09-19-2019, 06:38 PM
You have to take what these radio announcers say with a grain of salt. They are trying to get ratings by catastrophizing situations and stirring up controversy.

Cooterpoot
09-19-2019, 06:40 PM
Bounds is a garbage college football hack. Why people listen to him is completely lost on me.

Maroonthirteen
09-19-2019, 06:53 PM
Bounds is a garbage college football hack. Why people listen to him is completely lost on me.

He has good content and guest. My alternative is Memphis radio. But I could not care less about nba free agency in the middle of college football season

Cooterpoot
09-19-2019, 06:55 PM
I’d listen to music then.

Maroonthirteen
09-19-2019, 06:58 PM
What part of “every school is having attendance issues” do some of you not get? The best team in America is dealing with the same problems.

I agree. I think the weather has effected States attendance more than anything. But 25k last week and 30k for USM is fall off a cliff issues.

timotheus
09-19-2019, 07:13 PM
But it’s very apparent there is a class of posters who don’t go to games and spend a lot of time explaining and justifying why they don?t go and convincing others it?s stupid to go

better start identifying who u thinks attends and who choose not too. i call bullshat on u

Scared_Hitless
09-19-2019, 07:43 PM
Rise in tv access has led to a sharp decline in attendance. Every game is on tv alot harder to gear up for Abilene Christian and most would rather watch at home. Is what it is

Jack Lambert
09-19-2019, 08:06 PM
I go to all games even though I despise the Moorhead hire and always have. if we get beatdown by Kentucky I am through until he is gone. by the way I was at the Kentucky beatdown last year in Lexington....was you?

I was at the LSU and Out Back bowl.

msstate7
09-19-2019, 08:09 PM
I was at the LSU and Out Back bowl.

Then you are allowed 2 negative posts if you choose to use them**

Coursesuper
09-19-2019, 08:24 PM
Negative poster, positive poster, Jesus, is the 5th grade, get a life. This is absolutely asinine.

PGHBulldogBG
09-19-2019, 08:28 PM
We had a perfect coach in Troy Alabama that we didn’t hire. WVU will probably be competing for the big 12 title with OU in 3 years

R2Dawg
09-19-2019, 08:41 PM
I am beginning to think that is a class of MSU fans for whatever reason are only going to attend a very limited if indeed any number of games.
They understand that this doesn?t make them very good supporters, so to salve their conscience they go out of their way to post reasons they are not good fans
Bowl game is too far
We didn’t-beat ole miss
We lost to an OOC team
We don’t beat enough top 10 teams
We don’t beat Bama
Mullen lacks passion
Generally I wouldn’t care but it seems these people or only happy if they can repetitvly repeat it 10 times a day to convince other people to not go to justify their poor support
I forgot to add
Too hot
Too early
Too late
No jumbo hot dogs
The players are thugs
The players are soft
We run the ball too much
We don’t run it enough

So you respond with a negative post about MSU fans?? I've seen most posters that you would call negative also post positive things when there is something positive. I call them realist. The other side are the snowflakes and sunshine pumpers. I'll take those with a dose of reality any day. Just because there are fans that don't make every game doesn't mean they are not real fans. Some fans, many at MSU, have other important priorities in life; if you have or had kids you know what I mean.

But I'll be there Saturday even though Jo got some work to do to convince me he knows what he is doing.

DancingRabbit
09-19-2019, 08:56 PM
So you respond with a negative post about MSU fans?? I've seen most posters that you would call negative also post positive things when there is something positive. I call them realist. The other side are the snowflakes and sunshine pumpers. I'll take those with a dose of reality any day. Just because there are fans that don't make every game doesn't mean they are not real fans. Some fans, many at MSU, have other important priorities in life; if you have or had kids you know what I mean.

But I'll be there Saturday even though Jo got some work to do to convince me he knows what he is doing.

I don't think the OP was needed or pulled off that well.

But you attacked MSU fans just like he did. You just attacked "the other side". Snowflake, sunshine pumpers - wtf?

BuckyIsAB****
09-19-2019, 10:52 PM
It was 108 on the heat index the past two weekends in Starkville at 11 am. Thats why people said hell no and Im one of them. I will be there this weekend. This board needs a win worse than a fish needs water. This place is unreal right now

Homedawg
09-19-2019, 11:38 PM
It was 108 on the heat index the past two weekends in Starkville at 11 am. Thats why people said hell no and Im one of them. I will be there this weekend. This board needs a win worse than a fish needs water. This place is unreal right now

It was two weeks ago. It wasn't last sat. Hot yes. 108 heat index it wasn't.

starkvegasdawg
09-20-2019, 12:33 AM

It was up over a hundred. I think I saw 102 or 103. But remember, that is measured in the shade. In direct sun sitting on metal bleachers bolted into concrete, you can add another 15-20 degrees. So that 102 just became 120 for the vast majority of those at the game.

Doggie_Style
09-20-2019, 06:36 AM
Bowl game is too far
We didn?t-beat ole miss
We lost to an OOC team
We don?t beat enough top 10 teams
We don?t beat Bama
Mullen lacks passion
Generally I wouldn?t care but it seems these people or only happy if they can repetitvly repeat it 10 times a day to convince other people to not go to justify their poor support
I forgot to add
Too hot
Too early
Too late
No jumbo hot dogs
The players are thugs
The players are soft
We run the ball too much
We don?t run it enough

TLDR

TALL DAWG
09-20-2019, 07:07 AM

Who is this Bounds of which u speak?*

timotheus
09-20-2019, 07:19 AM
Bo

KentuckyDawg13
09-20-2019, 07:36 AM
^THIS!

biggun
09-20-2019, 07:45 AM

Why the hate on Bo????? Just because he thinks we will lose on Saturday???? Come on

Jack Lambert
09-20-2019, 07:57 AM
Then you are allowed 2 negative posts if you choose to use them**

It wound not solve anything.

MagicDawg
09-20-2019, 08:36 AM
Best I can follow:

* If you feel generally okay or better about the state of the program at any given moment, then fans who have similar attitudes are "real" and people who don't are "being negative."
* If you feel generally neutral or worse about the state of the program at any given moment, then fans who have similar attitudes are "realistic" and people who don't are "pumping sunshine."
* There are people in attendance every week who fall into both categories and who use their attendance as leverage for their arguments.

Probably some truth in all three points.

I seen it dawg
09-20-2019, 09:42 AM

Are you ****ing serious? Didn't i tell you in another thread to take this stupid shit somewhere else? And now you create a thread on barking at posters who do or do not go to games and then get on the board with opinions? Dude your time here may be short lived bc I'm tired of seeing this stupid shit.

Jack Lambert
09-20-2019, 09:44 AM

Let's be honest when you hit 100 does it matter from that point? It is hot.

Sparrows2
09-20-2019, 12:23 PM
Are you ****ing serious? Didn't i tell you in another thread to take this stupid shit somewhere else? And now you create a thread on barking at posters who do or do not go to games and then get on the board with opinions? Dude your time here may be short lived bc I'm tired of seeing this stupid shit.

Feel free, your apparent emotional satisfaction from doing whatever you are theatening is apparently WAY more important than what I get from posting.
I am glad I can contribute to your self esteem

Duckdog
09-20-2019, 01:00 PM
add no fried bologna sammiches

yjnkdawg
09-20-2019, 01:06 PM
It was up over a hundred. I think I saw 102 or 103. But remember, that is measured in the shade. In direct sun sitting on metal bleachers bolted into concrete, you can add another 15-20 degrees. So that 102 just became 120 for the vast majority of those at the game.

What you said makes perfectly good sense, with the facts to back it up, Vegas and you are a Weather Guy too.

Bothrops
09-20-2019, 01:13 PM

There is no way in hell any media or radio personality in Arkansas says that about he Razorbacks going into any game. It?s just a very depressed culture (when it comes to instate football ) in the state of Mississippi.

Blown out? Wtf....If that were to happen, Joe Moorhead will not be able to recover from the fallout. Yeah..I don't think he believes that.

R2Dawg
09-20-2019, 05:17 PM
I don't think the OP was needed or pulled off that well.

But you attacked MSU fans just like he did. You just attacked "the other side". Snowflake, sunshine pumpers - wtf?

Yep sure did; did it on purpose just to let others know how it feels. I didn't start this stupid thread. No place for this BS. I would have locked the thread at first post if it were me.

Read my posts, I don't call out others until others are unnecessarily attacked. Everyone thinks they are the "real" fan. Everyone has opinions and nothing wrong with that so stop attacking folks for having one. Doesn't make anyone less a fan.

RocketDawg
09-20-2019, 07:35 PM

Even a temperature reading in the shade in the stadium would likely be a bit higher than at the ASOS, which has very specific siting requirements. The sun beating down with little or no wind makes it that much worse. I think the relative humidity was a bit lower this past weekend than it was at the USM game though, which would help the heat index.

RocketDawg
09-20-2019, 08:17 PM

I knew I could find it somewhere. The maximum heat index for last Saturday, Sept 14, at the Golden Triangle airport was 101.4, but it didn't occur during the game. The highest heat index during the game was 98.9 at the 2 p.m. reading, but it could have been right at 100 during the game since those are hourly readings. Probably felt considerably worse in the stadium though, particularly on the east side.

http://climate.ncsu.edu/dynamic_scripts/cronos/query.php

yjnkdawg
09-20-2019, 11:40 PM
I knew I could find it somewhere. The maximum heat index for last Saturday, Sept 14, at the Golden Triangle airport was 101.4, but it didn't occur during the game. The highest heat index during the game was 98.9 at the 2 p.m. reading, but it could have been right at 100 during the game since those are hourly readings. Probably felt considerably worse in the stadium though, particularly on the east side.

http://climate.ncsu.edu/dynamic_scripts/cronos/query.php

As Vegas posted earlier. in this thread, the official heat index temperature is recorded in a shaded area (that is the true air temperature). The heat index temperature outside of that area and in the direct sunlight can go as much as 15 degrees higher depending on other factors. The structure of a stadium (concrete, metal, etc.) can add to it. So, based on what you posted, the heat index values outside of the shaded areas could exceed 108 degrees.

sleepy dawg
09-21-2019, 09:10 AM
Bowl game is too far
We didn?t-beat ole miss
We lost to an OOC team
We don?t beat enough top 10 teams
We don?t beat Bama
Mullen lacks passion
Generally I wouldn?t care but it seems these people or only happy if they can repetitvly repeat it 10 times a day to convince other people to not go to justify their poor support
I forgot to add
Too hot
Too early
Too late
No jumbo hot dogs
The players are thugs
The players are soft
We run the ball too much
We don?t run it enough

I agree for the most part. I think its not so much about negativity though as much as everyone just wants to make excuses for everything. We're a fan base of excuse makers. We don't just take ownership anymore. Nobody will just say they didn't go to the game because they didn't feel like it. Nobody really gives a shit why you didn't go to the game, so just keep it to yourself. If you don't want to go to the game, don't go to the game, but don't come on here with all your excuses as to why you're not. It happens all the time and comes across like you're trying to validate your reasons and need others to tell you its okay to stay home.

THE Bruce Dickinson
09-21-2019, 11:16 AM
What part of ?every school is having attendance issues? do some of you not get? The best team in America is dealing with the same problems.

The best teams in America have attendance problems when they are playing state directional schools. We have attendance problems when we are playing Top 25 Power 5 opponents. There is a difference.

RocketDawg
09-21-2019, 11:24 AM
As Vegas posted earlier. in this thread, the official heat index temperature is recorded in a shaded area (that is the true air temperature). The heat index temperature outside of that area and in the direct sunlight can go as much as 15 degrees higher depending on other factors. The structure of a stadium (concrete, metal, etc.) can add to it. So, based on what you posted, the heat index values outside of the shaded areas could exceed 108 degrees.

Well, Yjnk, for it's worth ... the heat index is only based on official temperature and humidity. Yes, it feels a lot hotter in the direct sun but that's not the heat index. Wearing dark clothes makes you fell hotter than wearing light colored clothes. It's an approximation of how hot it feels when you're shaded based on the temperature and humidity (or dew point). In the stadium, it's more of a measure of how hot it feels when you're sitting on the east side.

https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/html/heatindex_equation.shtml

I seen it dawg
09-21-2019, 01:09 PM
Feel free, your apparent emotional satisfaction from doing whatever you are theatening is apparently WAY more important than what I get from posting.
I am glad I can contribute to your self esteem

My self esteem feels a lot better. **** off. Goodbye.