PDA

View Full Version : We should be playing almost everybody that's healthy this weekend

Coach007
09-19-2019, 09:33 AM
I wouldn't see why we would not.

Jack Lambert
09-19-2019, 10:05 AM
It has to suck looking at your roster and having 9 guys that has to sit 8 games, when to use the 4 games and then try to figure which Freshman long with them you are going to red shirt, who is not red shirting and fitting them into the equation.

Scared_Hitless
09-19-2019, 10:27 AM
All hands on deck the next two weeks. Patchwork TN then bring them back for A&M game. For a guy like Autry if he wants to play Ole Miss that USM game is going to cause issues.

Homedawg
09-19-2019, 10:30 AM
It has to suck looking at your roster and having 9 guys that has to sit 8 games, when to use the 4 games and then try to figure which Freshman long with them you are going to red shirt, who is not red shirting and fitting them into the equation.

10 guys. But yes, that's tough

Saltydog
09-19-2019, 11:38 AM
Nope, better play them against UT and forget the aTm game. Far too many folks here have already penciled in a W against UT. It's not a given, AT ALL.

Tbonewannabe
09-19-2019, 12:19 PM
Nope, better play them against UT and forget the aTm game. Far too many folks here have already penciled in a W against UT. It's not a given, AT ALL.

That UT team still has a lot of talent and it is at UT. The only game you pencil in as a W is Abilene. I would think we will win UT, Ark, Abilene, and UM but who knows when you have injuries and suspensions that you have to deal with.

timotheus
09-19-2019, 12:38 PM
Assuming a victory at this point with this outfit is being way too positive. I'm not convinced the arky game and egg bowl aren't going to be barn burners.

Tbonewannabe
09-19-2019, 12:48 PM
Assuming a victory at this point with this outfit is being way too positive. I'm not convinced the arky game and egg bowl aren't going to be barn burners.

In 2014, Arksansas was 6-6 in the regular season and it took us getting an Int in the endzone to hang on to win. That was with one of our greatest teams and the best QB in MSU history. I don't take any SEC wins as forgone conclusions.

Maroonthirteen
09-19-2019, 12:56 PM
In 2014, Arksansas was 6-6 in the regular season and it took us getting an Int in the endzone to hang on to win. That was with one of our greatest teams and the best QB in MSU history. I don't take any SEC wins as forgone conclusions.

Hell, I’m pretty sure..... 2013 Arkansas was winless in the sec coming into our game in Little Rock. Thank goodness for Nickoe stripping that Arkansas RB headed into the Endzone.

Maroonthirteen
09-19-2019, 01:03 PM
From what I know, we are talking about two contributors regarding the suspensions. Gay and Autry.

Gay needs to play vs UK, UT, Ark and OM
Autry: UK, UT and then see how the record looks for Ark or OM participation. If we are 3-4 heading into Ark, play Autry. 4-3 hold him out for OM.

But with all that said, that is a long stretch to hold players in and out of games.

Tbonewannabe
09-19-2019, 01:21 PM
Hell, I’m pretty sure..... 2013 Arkansas was winless in the sec coming into our game in Little Rock. Thank goodness for Nickoe stripping that Arkansas RB headed into the Endzone.

Amazing how much tougher it becomes when you have to play a true freshman QB.

yjnkdawg
09-19-2019, 02:41 PM
From what I know, we are talking about two contributors regarding the suspensions. Gay and Autry.

Gay needs to play vs UK, UT, Ark and OM
Autry: UK, UT and then see how the record looks for Ark or OM participation. If we are 3-4 heading into Ark, play Autry. 4-3 hold him out for OM.

But with all that said, that is a long stretch to hold players in and out of games.

I don't know if this is the best actual scenario, but hindsight is always the easiest way to suggest something should have been done another way. My thinking is that Gay will play in the KY, LSU, Bama, and then possibly the OM game, which I think will be dependent on what transpires after the KY game on how our season transpires, who is available to play. etc. On Autry, I think it will be KY, LSU, and either Bama or OM also dependent on what transpires during the season and who is available to play. Umless it would be for senior day against OM (I don't think that would be a deciding factor), I think Autry will play against Bama. If he is available.

I don't see our athletic department, or Dr. Keenum putting an automatic L on any game before we take the field.

WPS
09-19-2019, 02:45 PM

That Arkansas team was much better than their record. Had a top 10 defense and only lost to Alabama by one point, lost to A&M in OT, and blew out ranked LSU and Ole Miss. Held Texas to 59 total yards in the bowl game.

You can never usually take any conference game for granted though. Even our best teams that have won 10-11 games have had 2-3 games against terrible teams where they caught some lucky breaks to win.

Homedawg
09-19-2019, 02:55 PM
I don't know if this is the best actual scenario, but hindsight is always the easiest way to suggest something should have been done another way. My thinking is that Gay will play in the KY, LSU, Bama, and then possibly the OM game, which I think will be dependent on what transpires after the KY game on how our season transpires, who is available to play. etc. On Autry, I think it will be KY, LSU, and either Bama or OM also dependent on what transpires during the season and who is available to play. Umless it would be for senior day against OM (I don't think that would be a deciding factor), I think Autry will play against Bama. If he is available.

I don't see our athletic department, or Dr. Keenum putting an automatic L on any game before we take the field.

if we play Gay against the teams you named, it's official, Moorhead has lost his mind. The problem w your automatic L comment is this, other than AC coaches won't and shouldn't put an auto win on anyone either. We have to maximize these guys to win the most game. Playing them against bama and Lsu isn't it.

Cooterpoot
09-19-2019, 03:15 PM
All starters that aren’t hurt, will play this week. Jo knows it’s nut cutting time.

sleepy dawg
09-19-2019, 03:15 PM
I play them in all the easiest games left on the schedule minus Abilene Christian. For some that's 4 games and for other that's 3 games I believe and I'd prioritize it based on how easy they should be.

I want all 10 available for Arkansas.
I want all 10 available for Ole miss.
I want all 10 available for Kentucky.
I want whoever is left playing in Tennessee.

At this point, I don't think we have any easy games except for Abilene C.

Jack Lambert
09-19-2019, 03:19 PM
10 guys. But yes, that's tough

I thought it was 10 guys total which included one basketball guy.

Homedawg
09-19-2019, 04:18 PM
I thought it was 10 guys total which included one basketball guy.

no 10 plus Nick.