PDA

View Full Version : Might be kinda easy to be an elite OC ...

dawgday166
09-17-2019, 07:52 PM
When you have a future NFL QB, RB (top 5 pick), TE, WR (x2 in 2016) at Penn St. in 2017/2016.

msstate7
09-17-2019, 07:55 PM
2 starting nfl RBs, sanders starts for eagles

dawgday166
09-17-2019, 08:04 PM
That's some hellacious college talent at the skill positions.

ETA: I looked it up cause I was pretty sure he had McSorley, Barkley, and a WR that went pro (was looking for him). When I found the others I was like "holy shit" did he have some good talent on those teams. I could sleep easier at night as a college OC if I was coaching those guys every day. And I don't keep up with pros enough to know about the other RB who was on that team.

Talk about lightning in a bottle for Joe. Now I'm officially depressed.

DownwardDawg
09-17-2019, 08:16 PM
No doubt! Think about Saban. Must be easy to win national championships with a college team full of future NFL starters every dang year. Players change everything.

Coach007
09-17-2019, 08:24 PM
That's some hellacious college talent at the skill positions.

ETA: I looked it up cause I was pretty sure he had McSorley, Barkley, and a WR that went pro (was looking for him). When I found the others I was like "holy shit" did he have some good talent on those teams. I could sleep easier at night as a college OC if I was coaching those guys every day. And I don't keep up with pros enough to know about the other RB who was on that team.

Talk about lightning in a bottle for Joe. Now I'm officially depressed.

Yeah but we have seen the betterment of the Offense in a year with a QB he wants and the WRs playing at a higher level.

dawgday166
09-17-2019, 08:25 PM
Yeah but we have seen the betterment of the Offense in a year with a QB he wants and the WRs playing at a higher level.

Oh yea ... we playing lights out now ****

msstate7
09-17-2019, 08:29 PM

Last season in total offense nationally, we were 71st. We've yet to play an sec game this year, and we're currently 71st nationally in total offense. In yds/play last year, we were 33rd nationally. This season, we're 56th through 3 games

dawgday166
09-17-2019, 08:30 PM
Last season in total offense nationally, we were 71st. We've yet to play an sec game this year, and we're currently 71st nationally in total offense. In yds/play last year, we were 33rd nationally. This season, we're 56th through 3 games

No, no, no ... we playing lights out.

HoopsDawg
09-17-2019, 08:30 PM

Wow 71st even though we have played USM and UL. That's rough.

dawgday166
09-17-2019, 08:32 PM
Wow 71st even though we have played USM and UL. That's rough.

Go look at explosive plays ... Joe's #1 metric for winning ball games.

Homedawg
09-17-2019, 08:36 PM

Two games w less than 400 yards against non sec teams. Joy. Goes along w lsat years crap show. But I will give him the rest of the season to see if it gets better.

Jack Lambert
09-17-2019, 09:13 PM
This is some stupid shit. It's a second year coach.

dawgday166
09-17-2019, 09:15 PM

So you think Joe can get that kind of talent here then? If so, maybe I won't be so depressed then *

ETA: Of all those positions the most I'm concerned with is QB. I think it is much easier to get a QB to fit Louisville's or KState's offense than it is ours.

Homedawg
09-17-2019, 09:17 PM

Maybe. But at some point he needs to show he's an offensive guy. Hasn't yet. We shall see.

Homedawg
09-17-2019, 09:18 PM
This should be his year. He has "his" qb. Heard it for months. Hope so.

Jack Lambert
09-17-2019, 10:16 PM
Maybe. But at some point he needs to show he's an offensive guy. Hasn't yet. We shall see.

How many offensive NFL guys did mullen leave him last season? He was coaching guys mullen recruited for mullen's offense. He is in his second year some of you need to take a break.

timotheus
09-17-2019, 10:17 PM
Lose to UK and it may be his last year as this would mean several more losses on the way due to an unprepared offense and a rec league special teams.

Todd4State
09-17-2019, 10:18 PM
Recruiting is important. You have to have good players to make any system work.

Homedawg
09-17-2019, 10:30 PM
Recruiting is important. You have to have good players to make any system work.

It is. I agree. It's the most important part. Then you have to coach them. He has his qb. I'll let his year play out. No suspensions on offense that matter w the exception of dolla bill. He needs to be better than what he's been w our offense. Period. .

timotheus
09-17-2019, 10:32 PM
He'd be a genius at milsaps........

HoopsDawg
09-17-2019, 10:34 PM
How many offensive NFL guys did mullen leave him last season? He was coaching guys mullen recruited for mullen's offense. He is in his second year some of you need to take a break.

We haven't had a true NFL receiver since Moulds. Kylin Hill is a player. We have enough talent at TE and WR to move the chains.

Homedawg
09-17-2019, 10:37 PM

So we need to wait til year 5 to see if he's the right guy?? And no I'm not saying fire the guy at all

timotheus
09-17-2019, 10:38 PM
Kylin is much about Kylin. Watch closely in pass protection situations and he's not so much

Todd4State
09-17-2019, 10:52 PM
It is. I agree. It's the most important part. Then you have to coach them. He has his qb. I'll let his year play out. No suspensions on offense that matter w the exception of dolla bill. He needs to be better than what he's been w our offense. Period. .

No question but his QB has also been out hurt for 1/3 of the season and his other QB is a true freshman. When his QB has been healthy (Stevens) the offense worked fine.

When Dan was here his first three years we finished 9, 10, and 9th in scoring offense and we really didn't get into the top half of the league until 2014.