PDA

View Full Version : Charles Moore Leaving Auburn

confucius say
09-17-2019, 12:22 PM
What gives?

vv83
09-17-2019, 12:22 PM
Leaving Auburn already. I don't understand what went down with his recruitment but damn someone screwed him over big time. He could be playing for us right now with the suspensions

Jack Lambert
09-17-2019, 12:25 PM
They treat you like a king when they recruit you and then.....

confucius say
09-17-2019, 12:26 PM
And what juco is he going to?

vv83
09-17-2019, 12:27 PM
They treat you like a king when they recruit you and then.....

Wonder if he got injured again or something. Assume he'll be here in 2 years if we want him.. looks like he's enrolling at Jones CC

Coach007
09-17-2019, 12:28 PM
Enrolled and Jones CC

vv83
09-17-2019, 12:31 PM
Enrolled and Jones CC

I think Patterson plays there

Coach007
09-17-2019, 12:35 PM
I think Patterson plays there

We won't take Moore, and Patterson is doubtful.

confucius say
09-17-2019, 12:50 PM

Why?

BeardoMSU
09-17-2019, 12:54 PM
We won't take Moore

And you know this how?

Ifyouonlyknew
09-17-2019, 12:54 PM

I think it's a little early to say on Moore & Patterson is at Hinds.

Wet Dawg
09-17-2019, 01:02 PM
Leaving Auburn already. I don't understand what went down with his recruitment but damn someone screwed him over big time. He could be playing for us right now with the suspensions

From what I have been told he is not the type of guy you want in the locker room. He has a "me first" mentality along with some religious baggage.

vv83
09-17-2019, 01:05 PM
From what I have been told he is not the type of guy you want in the locker room. He has a "me first" mentality along with some religious baggage.

Yeah but he was a definite take for us if he stayed committed

dawgs
09-17-2019, 01:07 PM

What is religious baggage? Some religious folks view anyone with different views as their own as bringing "baggage", some atheists view anyone with any religious leanings to have "baggage", or maybe he's a Scientologist or something and we can all agree that's "baggage".

BeardoMSU
09-17-2019, 01:08 PM
some religious baggage.

Scientology?**

Cooterpoot
09-17-2019, 01:17 PM
Won’t be the last MS kid to leave AU...................

Dawgology
09-17-2019, 01:18 PM
Scientology?**

Banch Davidian?

I seen it dawg
09-17-2019, 01:34 PM
This just took longer than a lot of us thought

confucius say
09-17-2019, 01:38 PM
This just took longer than a lot of us thought

What you think the problem was?

Doggie_Style
09-17-2019, 01:50 PM

Jones I think

I seen it dawg
09-17-2019, 01:53 PM
What you think the problem was?

He wasn't a Rhodes scholar and the knee injury and recovery took the cushion he had with his talent vs scholastic level

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-17-2019, 01:58 PM

on to Jones.....then next stop... OM

Dawg61
09-17-2019, 02:06 PM
Maybe religious baggage is a new way of saying serious baggage that only Wet Dawg uses?

https://media.giphy.com/media/ALvdHigd2gBqw/giphy.gif

TUSK
09-17-2019, 02:13 PM
Scientology?**

I'm gonna take the points and roll with "NXIVM"...

BeardoMSU
09-17-2019, 02:16 PM
I'm gonna take the points and roll with "NXIVM"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsFzc0wAtFs

Doggie_Style
09-17-2019, 02:18 PM
What is religious baggage? Some religious folks view anyone with different views as their own as bringing "baggage", some atheists view anyone with any religious leanings to have "baggage", or maybe he's a Scientologist or something and we can all agree that's "baggage".

I think he was a member of a Black Hebrew Israelite church.....they have some pretty radical ideas especially concerning race. I could see where it could be a locker room issue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israelite_Church_of_God_in_Jesus_Christ

Mjoelner34
09-17-2019, 02:44 PM
Banch Davidian?

No. That's just been some DB's we've had judging by the way they were torched.

TUSK
09-17-2019, 02:59 PM
I like the direction of this thread.

msu15
09-17-2019, 05:26 PM
Doggie Style is correct

Todd4State
09-17-2019, 05:39 PM
Here's the thing:

As evidenced by Saturday....um....our entire football history....we aren't talented enough to turn away people that can potentially help us out.

Going away to Auburn may have been the thing that Moore needed to reframe his life. The good news is this could be the second chance he needs to figure it out and make it right. I'd hate to turn away a quality player because they got bad advice from a person that they trusted if they wanted to come back and be on the team and their play on the field merited a scholarship from MSU. Same with Diwun Black possibly.

I remember about 3-4 months ago there were MSU fans that didn't want Cole Smith back either because he went to LSU. I think we're all happy that he is here now because he will eventually fill a need for us at center.

Cooterpoot
09-17-2019, 05:46 PM
Haven?t been impressed with Moore since he was younger. I don?t see him ever making a difference anywhere he goes. And his baggage is heavy.

timotheus
09-17-2019, 06:05 PM
I believe his dad lives in alabama?

TUSK
09-17-2019, 06:37 PM
Here's the thing:

As evidenced by Saturday....um....our entire football history....we aren't talented enough to turn away people that can potentially help us out.

Going away to Auburn may have been the thing that Moore needed to reframe his life. The good news is this could be the second chance he needs to figure it out and make it right. I'd hate to turn away a quality player because they got bad advice from a person that they trusted if they wanted to come back and be on the team and their play on the field merited a scholarship from MSU. Same with Diwun Black possibly.

I remember about 3-4 months ago there were MSU fans that didn't want Cole Smith back either because he went to LSU. I think we're all happy that he is here now because he will eventually fill a need for us at center.

yep.... gotta take highly rated cats, regardless if you are gonna take "some chances" down the road....

I'm down with your take.

Irondawg
09-17-2019, 07:28 PM
Some highly rated players simply are not good or have so much baggage they can’t overcome it. Up to the staff to decide if they even want to try or not. Half the times guys like this flame out in JUCO and are never heard from again

maroonmania
09-17-2019, 10:05 PM
Some highly rated players simply are not good or have so much baggage they can’t overcome it. Up to the staff to decide if they even want to try or not. Half the times guys like this flame out in JUCO and are never heard from again

Yep, if Renardo Sidney taught us anything, its that there are times when a player's baggage can outweigh anything you might get from his talent.

Todd4State
09-17-2019, 10:21 PM
yep.... gotta take highly rated cats, regardless if you are gonna take "some chances" down the road....

I'm down with your take.

Yeah. There are no trophies for finishing in 5th place with "your guys that all really wanted to be here."

msu15
09-18-2019, 12:35 AM
Yep, if Renardo Sidney taught us anything, its that there are times when a player's baggage can outweigh anything you might get from his talent.

Literally and figuratively lol

dawgs
09-18-2019, 02:30 AM

A single basketball player has much more impact on chemistry than a single football player due to simple math.

timotheus
09-18-2019, 05:52 AM
State better try very hard to get this guy to campus and hope his mind is refreshed and focused. This caliber guy is worth looking into regardless of circumstances.

ShotgunDawg
09-18-2019, 07:12 AM
Everyone is dealing with incomplete information. Let's wait & see how he does at Jones before making any large statements about what we should & should not do.

That being said, we signed an ineligible punter last year & a RB that still hasn't not practiced with team. If we can sign those guys, I can't see why giving Charles Moore a shot would be an issue.

StateDawg44
09-18-2019, 07:20 AM
Everyone is dealing with incomplete information. Let's wait & see how he does at Jones before making any large statements about what we should & should not do.

That being said, we signed an ineligible punter last year & a RB that still hasn't not practiced with team. If we can sign those guys, I can't see why giving Charles Moore a shot would be an issue.

Very rich coming from you.

Cooterpoot
09-18-2019, 09:02 AM
There’s no incomplete info on Moore. Everyone knows what his deal is.

Fader21
09-18-2019, 09:29 AM
There’s no incomplete info on Moore. Everyone knows what his deal is.

Not everyone. This thread is the first time I ever heard of someone having baggage due to a religious affiliation....I guess if I am not counting Freeze.

StateDawg44
09-18-2019, 10:24 AM
Not everyone. This thread is the first time I ever heard of someone having baggage due to a religious affiliation....I guess if I am not counting Freeze.

I visit the recruiting thread every once and a while. Definitely wouldn't say that I "follow recruiting" or anything.

But, the baggage that people are referring to was definitely talked about. Whether it's true is another thing. I have no clue, but I do remember reading about it well before commitment day.

msbulldog
09-18-2019, 12:00 PM
It was definitely discussed here and 247.

Doggie_Style
09-18-2019, 01:10 PM

Spoken like a true 'Edomite'.....LOL.....you don't make up for two screw ups by making a third...

LC Dawg
09-18-2019, 01:11 PM
Even if Moore had come here there is a good chance this detour to Jones would have still happened. The guy has gotten some bad advice over the last few years. Even though he went to Auburn I was rooting for him to succeed. I hope he does well at Jones.