PDA

View Full Version : question for the Board

tcdog70
09-17-2019, 10:40 AM
who like the bunched formation? If KState was going to load the box-why run a bunched formation to make it harder to run? It seemed that we never touched the linebackers-they just ran free.

also if we spread the formation-why not put one of our big(tall) receivers in the slot and throw him a slant. Other teams kill us with this route. JoMo the guru seems to run a limited play selection. i guess a mis-direction would be too much to hope for. like a jet sweep to Zuber or Dear.

msu15
09-17-2019, 11:15 AM
I’ve hated that bunch formation ever since he started running it last year.

Scared_Hitless
09-17-2019, 11:35 AM
I have asked this all season, I do not see the purpose unless we intend to pass. But it is killing our RB when the whole defense is grouped together. One thing about Mullen he didnt pass, but at least he went 3 and 4 wide majority of the time. They gotta put someone out there to cover them.

AROB44
09-17-2019, 11:38 AM
Zuber or Dear???? Really???

Tbonewannabe
09-17-2019, 12:23 PM

Dear looked good running the jet sweep when he was a freshman.

Tbonewannabe
09-17-2019, 12:23 PM
It is funny that you bring this up because my buddy said the same thing every time we ran the bunched formation on Saturday. Tim is that you?

Jack Lambert
09-17-2019, 12:26 PM
Dear looked good running the jet sweep when he was a freshman.

I could have sworn Dear got in at running back for a play. I don't see very well and my son was not with me. He is usually my eyes.

R2Dawg
09-17-2019, 12:43 PM
who like the bunched formation? If KState was going to load the box-why run a bunched formation to make it harder to run? It seemed that we never touched the linebackers-they just ran free.

also if we spread the formation-why not put one of our big(tall) receivers in the slot and throw him a slant. Other teams kill us with this route. JoMo the guru seems to run a limited play selection. i guess a mis-direction would be too much to hope for. like a jet sweep to Zuber or Dear.

I don't like it either. No room and too many people in middle of field to run for very much other than a yard or two. If we use it, we should speed Zuber on reverse and either give it to him or fake and roll QB on bootleg with TE dragging across. That would work as all the trash in the middle with a fake to Hill whom everyone is keying on. We'll never do it.

Maroonthirteen
09-17-2019, 12:49 PM
A few times we ran the bunch formation.... our WR left the DE and went to the next level
To block the LBs. All 3 of them. Each time the DE ?crashed the mesh? and dropped the QB or RB for a loss.

I?m sure the offensive wizard will Figure out the adjustment this week.

MaroonFlounder
09-17-2019, 06:04 PM
also if we spread the formation-why not put one of our big(tall) receivers in the slot and throw him a slant.

Because Shrader can't throw a slant. It's well behind the receiver EVERY TIME.

Stevens arm ain't right. Not sure as much about slant route passes for him, but he is overthrowing almost all intermediate and deep passes.

tcdog70
09-17-2019, 07:17 PM

Hell yes-really.they are our return Men. You don't think they could run a jet sweep?