PDA

View Full Version : Looking at the Portal

Coach007
09-16-2019, 10:58 PM
We all know what we have and have not. I wanted to see what was out there and what could help us. And since we are talking what ifs... I think Schools Like ours can really do some work in the portal.

1- QB... We will be thin and it would be great to bring in some maturity along with talent. There is a guy in there that is RS SO, and will graduate in DEC. He was the #4 QB in the nation with a rating of .9516. 6'3, 200 pounds. He played in 1 game in 2018 was 71.4% with 235 yards passing, 2 Tds and ran

2- WR- We could always use another LOL. Williams was ranked #6 in the nation in 2018, 6'4 200.

3- CB- 4* LSU guy. 6'3 185 pounds.. Netherly.

How do you play the future of the portal? Seems there will always be bigger players ready to go make their mark.

Todd4State
09-16-2019, 11:09 PM
1. QB- I think we need to see what Key and Mayden officially do first. But if they leaves and most people including me think he will- yeah if the right one is out there.

2. WR- I don't think we need one personally. Payton probably should be starting over Guidry and will be a senior next year. Osirus will be a senior and has taken a big step forward. Austin Williams can play the slot if needed plus we have Tulu coming in as a four star who should contribute at slot plus Heath who is the top JUCO WR in the country and a four star guy. We're also getting Ducking who we'll see what we've got next year.

3. CB- Even less of a need with Tyler Williams, Jarrian Jones, Emerson, and Forbes who could play as a freshman. Reed and Furdge are depth guys. Safety is bigger need on paper.

I might add a veteran RB through the portal or JUCO if and when Kylin leaves. Personally, I'd probably prefer JUCO to get two years out of someone unless there is a no brainer impact guy that we could get in the portal.

timotheus
09-16-2019, 11:13 PM
KT will either leave or stay and never be a factor. Joe does not like him.