PDA

View Full Version : One thing that gives me hope for the future

KOdawg1
09-16-2019, 09:23 PM
is that Shrader appears to be the real deal. Him getting PT this year is big. He'll make strides and be a good QB next year, and by his junior season, he has the potential to be one of the top QBs in the SEC. Him going all out on that 4th down play showed guts, and I think his teammates will rally around him because of it. If anything or anyone could possibly save Moorhead, it'll be Garrett Shrader

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2019, 09:27 PM
Agree to some degree.

- Shrader is a winner. He's athletic & plays with reckless abandon. In time, this group of players will take on his identity & it'll give us our best QB since Dak.
- I don't love the way he throws. It's be a work in progress to make him anymore than an average passer. He catapults the ball which is usually an arm stroke that lacks feel.
- I really love Hilinski at South Carolina. He's a dude IMO

Political Hack
09-16-2019, 09:28 PM
JoMo's tenure at State will rest squarely on Garrett Shrader's shoulders.

Commercecomet24
09-16-2019, 09:30 PM
Agree to some degree.

- Shrader is a winner. He's athletic & plays with reckless abandon. In time, this group of players will take on his identity & it'll give us our best QB since Dak.
- I don't love the way he throws. It's be a work in progress to make him anymore than an average passer. He catapults the ball which is usually an arm stroke that lacks feel.

Give him a chance. You ever see Bernie Kosars throwing motion? Once described as a man throwing a wet bar of soap lol. think Garrett will be alright.

KOdawg1
09-16-2019, 09:33 PM
Agree to some degree.

This is the key. We were talking in the UK-UF thread about how we need a tougher mentality like we used to have. Well, GS is tough. He's shown us that. And if you have a tough QB, others will follow.

His throwing motion is weird though, but hopefully, the staff can work on it so that he can make the throws he needs to

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2019, 11:25 PM
He did play with great effort but for me, I would rather him much rather put his head down and run that cat over than try to jump clean over him. Option A is more likely to happen simply due to physics.

He does play his ass off and he is tough. A winner. But he cant throw...that sounds really familiar

Todd4State
09-17-2019, 12:10 AM
JoMo's tenure at State will rest squarely on Garrett Shrader's shoulders.

This pretty much sums it up.

Todd4State
09-17-2019, 12:13 AM
This is the key. We were talking in the UK-UF thread about how we need a tougher mentality like we used to have. Well, GS is tough. He's shown us that. And if you have a tough QB, others will follow.

His throwing motion is weird though, but hopefully, the staff can work on it so that he can make the throws he needs to

I agree. You can tell that he has uncommon competitiveness and toughness.

I'm not too worried about his throwing motion and all of that at this point. We're probably trying to redshirt him if we can- but if not we still have three years to clean it up.

To me he looks better than he did in the spring game already. From sitting in the stands it looks to me like sometimes the game gets a little fast for him at times in the passing game but he is a true freshman.

Doggie_Style
09-17-2019, 06:31 AM
He did play with great effort but for me, I would rather him much rather put his head down and run that cat over than try to jump clean over him. Option A is more likely to happen simply due to physics.

He does play his ass off and he is tough. A winner. But he cant throw...that sounds really familiar

Hahaha,,,,after watching GS play Saturday that was the thing that popped in my head.....he?s a lot like Fitz!

Scared_Hitless
09-17-2019, 10:46 AM
He is very athletic and seems to have some real grit. This team needs some grit. One thing that was touted was his passing, but based on his limited gametime it needs some work. I think the team will rally around him next season. I wish he had a better RB to accompany him for next year. No disrespect to Weatherspoon, but he is not going to be a bruiser and I imagine we will be very finesse next season.

Rayburn8
09-17-2019, 11:03 AM
Agree to some degree.

Part two will correct himself. He throws like that because he lacks SEC arm strength. The buzz for him was that he can throw but he needs a year in the weight to get bigger and stronger. I think you’ll see a huge jump in his throwing motion next year.

ShotgunDawg
09-17-2019, 11:12 AM
Part two will correct himself. He throws like that because he lacks SEC arm strength. The buzz for him was that he can throw but he needs a year in the weight to get bigger and stronger. I think you’ll see a huge jump in his throwing motion next year.

Hopefully but I won't hold my breath on a guy changing his throwing motion.

I seen it dawg
09-17-2019, 01:34 PM
Hopefully but I won't hold my breath on a guy changing his throwing motion.

Dak wasn't Tom Brady mechanics when he got on campus....