PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Fristoe

ZedFedder
09-16-2019, 08:54 PM
A baseball recruit that just committed.

He is the #1 player in the state of Kentucky for the 2020 class, #75 nationally. He is a RHP that was originally committed to Kentucky that throw low to mid 90s with a decent breaking ball from what I can tell. 6'4" with a frame to fill out to add even more velocity.

Lemonis and crew have done a great job salvaging this class getting commits like this and Mikey Tepper who are both top 100 nationally who decommitted late.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-16-2019, 09:01 PM
I'm very happy with the recruiting of Lemonis and staff. This is a good pickup.

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2019, 09:15 PM
He's a bonafide, future upper 90s Friday night starter.

Gonna be tough to get this one on campus, but since he's a high school right handed pitcher, there is a solid chance.

Homedawg
09-16-2019, 09:58 PM
I'm very happy with the recruiting of Lemonis and staff. This is a good pickup.

This staff is legit. They like lem and he lets them work. Now we will lose both of them at some point but that's how it goes.

AlSwearengen
09-16-2019, 10:01 PM
He's a bonafide, future upper 90s Friday night starter.

Gonna be tough to get this one on campus, but since he's a high school right handed pitcher, there is a solid chance.

I read somewhere along the way that he is a good student. That can’t hurt.

Todd4State
09-16-2019, 10:31 PM
I really like this pick-up! We've got a good class coming in with a little bit of everything except a catcher. But I'm not sure that we necessarily need one in this class.

ScoobaDawg
09-16-2019, 10:35 PM
Huge get... Gotta get guys like this on campus though

AlSwearengen
09-16-2019, 11:03 PM
Todd, or anyone else that may know. What is the word on Kellum Clark from Brandon? Is he likely to go pro? And are we after any other impact type players for the ‘20 class?

Todd4State
09-16-2019, 11:13 PM
Todd, or anyone else that may know. What is the word on Kellum Clark from Brandon? Is he likely to go pro? And are we after any other impact type players for the ‘20 class?

He has the talent and potential to get drafted pretty high. But I think we have a decent chance to get him to school. At this stage I'd guess there is a 75% chance we get him to school. If we get him he is going to be a legit corner power bat for us. Most years he would be the top power hitter in Mississippi but this year he is overshadowed by Blaze Jordan.

basedog
09-17-2019, 07:10 AM
Cade Smith is getting much attention from ML. Topping 94mph, what the scouts love about him, strike thrower, quick worker and has commands of all his pitches. Ain't gonna walk many, will challenge batters. Starting pitching when he was a 9th grader, been pitching Travel ball in some huge tournaments from Calif to Florida. Scouts are in house visits a lot now. Loves Msu, great kid who has been raised right! Very dedicated with discipline.

ShotgunDawg
09-17-2019, 07:46 AM
Cade Smith is getting much attention from ML. Topping 94mph, what the scouts love about him, strike thrower, quick worker and has commands of all his pitches. Ain't gonna walk many, will challenge batters. Starting pitching when he was a 9th grader, been pitching Travel ball in some huge tournaments from Calif to Florida. Scouts are in house visits a lot now. Loves Msu, great kid who has been raised right! Very dedicated with discipline.

Fristoe is a better MLB prospect than Smith currently, but together they have the ability to anchor a national championship caliber rotation.

basedog
09-17-2019, 08:37 AM
Fristoe is a better MLB prospect than Smith currently, but together they have the ability to anchor a national championship caliber rotation.

You may be right as I don't know anything about Fristoe but I do know about Smith and what the in house visits from several different organizations are saying to him and what they like about him. I also know he is getting better all the time, still growing and getting better. He has another in house visit today btw.

AlSwearengen
09-17-2019, 10:40 AM
As it stands now, that gives us 3 pitchers in the 75-100 PG ranking range. Smith, Tepper, and Fristoe would be a pretty sweet haul. We were pretty concerned about the ‘20 class a couple of months ago.

Basedog, I can’t remember, is Cade Smith your grandson?

basedog
09-17-2019, 11:32 AM
As it stands now, that gives us 3 pitchers in the 75-100 PG ranking range. Smith, Tepper, and Fristoe would be a pretty sweet haul. We were pretty concerned about the ‘20 class a couple of months ago.

Basedog, I can’t remember, is Cade Smith your grandson?

Yes, be nice, LOL. He has much upside, he knows where or what he wants to do after this year. This scouts and executes want to know him personally as well as his mom and dad. He isn't or they aren't sugar coating anything by misleading ML or Msu. What some love about him is out pitch which he can throw all for strikes. Hey, I'm just gonna enjoy the moment, he loves Msu. He has a slight lower body injury which will keep him from pitching in Jupiter in a few weeks. He has been lights out on the "circuit", enough it ain't about me but I'm a realistic.

AlSwearengen
09-17-2019, 11:42 AM
Yes, be nice, LOL. He has much upside, he knows where or what he wants to do after this year. This scouts and executes want to know him personally as well as his mom and dad. He isn't or they aren't sugar coating anything by misleading ML or Msu. What some love about him is out pitch which he can throw all for strikes. Hey, I'm just gonna enjoy the moment, he loves Msu. He has a slight lower body injury which will keep him from pitching in Jupiter in a few weeks. He has been lights out on the "circuit", enough it ain't about me but I'm a realistic.

Yeah, I thought that was him. It is hard keeping up with everyone when we have commits in the ‘20, ‘21, and ‘22 classes that we have to follow.

basedog
09-17-2019, 11:45 AM
Yeah, I thought that was him. It is hard keeping up with everyone when we have commits in the ‘20, ‘21, and ‘22 classes that we have to follow.

I guess I mentioned he being my Grandson, don't remember, actually I don't need to say to much about him. His actions will speak for themselves. Very humble kid, doesn't drink, smoke and stays out of trouble, runs with the "right" crowd.

msbulldog
09-17-2019, 12:19 PM
I know you're very proud of him Basedog, and you have every right to be. +1

basedog
09-17-2019, 12:25 PM
I know you're very proud of him Basedog, and you have every right to be. +1

Thanks msbulldog! I know this hard to believe by some but I'm mostly proud of what kind young man he is becoming. Oh he has athletic skills but as a human being he is pretty awesome! Very humble and great manners. LOL

Jack Lambert
09-17-2019, 12:27 PM
what round will he get drafted?

ShotgunDawg
09-17-2019, 12:35 PM
what round will he get drafted?

Middle of 2nd round to middle of the 3rd if he agrees to the signing bonus. Potential 1st rounder if he comes to school.

I seen it dawg
09-17-2019, 01:36 PM
Damn i can't believe we hired this dude named Lemons....