PDA

View Full Version : For Those of You Who Want Him Gone...

Maridian Dawg
09-16-2019, 07:44 PM
I'm not on the JoMo train, and I haven't been since last year after the Florida game, but he'd have to screw up big time for me to fire him this year. So, those of you who want him gone on November 29, 2019, who is on your short list of coaches?

msstate7
09-16-2019, 07:46 PM
Unless we go 3-9, I don't think you can fire him this year unless urban Meyer calls wanting the job haha

Saltydog
09-16-2019, 07:51 PM
Agreed. Those wanting him "gone" simply aren't being rational at this point. Do I think he's a good long term fit for us, "no" but you can't fire him this year unless we completely implode (4-8 or worse).

BhamDawg
09-16-2019, 08:39 PM
I'm not on the JoMo train, and I haven't been since last year after the Florida game, but he'd have to screw up big time for me to fire him this year. So, those of you who want him gone on November 29, 2019, who is on your short list of coaches?

Bill Clark. What he has done at UAB is nothing short of a miracle.

Tbonewannabe
09-16-2019, 08:39 PM
Unless we go 3-9, I don't think you can fire him this year unless urban Meyer calls wanting the job haha

Buddy of mine mentioned it but Bob Stoops would be a good hire after he had a little time off.

Tbonewannabe
09-16-2019, 08:41 PM

Only question with him is how would his recruiting stack up. Even coaching them up, you still need a top 30ish class to compete in the SEC West.

I seen it dawg
09-16-2019, 08:48 PM
I'll say it before they play OM. Justin Wilcox from Cal

Commercecomet24
09-16-2019, 08:56 PM
I'll say it before they play OM. Justin Wilcox from Cal

Great call. I been watching them play. Their defense is not a typical west coast defense. They're nasty and he's got them playing hard! Would be a top notch hire

I seen it dawg
09-16-2019, 08:57 PM
Great call. I been watching them play. Their defense is not a typical west coast defense. They're nasty and he's got them playing hard! Would be a top notch hire

And bring Arroyo the OC from Oregon with him. Do what it takes to keep shoop as dc

ATTILLA THE DOG
09-16-2019, 09:09 PM
I like Scott Satterfield,but really don't care If it is Moorhead or some random nobody. I just want to see a well coached ,hard playing team put on the field. Coaching means more at State than a lot of other places because of our recruiting limitations .

StarkVegasSteve
09-16-2019, 09:10 PM
Top 10 realistically in no particular order:

1. Mike Leach- I still think he has the itch to coach in the SEC and with the people Moorhead has brought in I think he could really utilize the talent we have.
2. Bill Clark- Would probably be number 1 on a lot of people's list. Has deep recruiting connections in the South and as mentioned above, what he's done at UAB has been a miracle.
3. Lane Kiffin- might as well kick the tires on this. I think he'd leave if the right opportunity presented itself. Name has cooled considerably since his first year at FAU, but he's still relatively young. He can recruit and he knows how to coach offense.
4. Mike Norvell- This would probably be my choice. Reported problems aside, this guy is a hell of an offensive mind and he'd kill it with SEC speed in his offense.
5. Bryan Harsin- Seems to have hit his max at Boise and I think he could be ready for a move. Was at Arkansas St. during that run of all their coaches leaving after a year.
6. Brett Venables- He has to leave Clemson eventually so I think you'd have to interview him if he agreed to it. He's been as important a part in their run to the top as Dabo.
7. Seth Littrell- Extremely bright young offensive mind. Has deep recruiting ties in Texas and all over the South.
8. Dave Arranda- This guy's knowledge of the game is otherworldly. Someone is gonna get him in the next two years. I think he's a superstar in the making.
9. Joe Brady- He's extremely young, only 29, but what he's done with the LSU offense would make anyone want to give this guy a shot.
10. Willie Fritz- He's really elevated Tulane and runs basically the same offense Dan ran. A lot of solid recruiting ties in the South.

Commercecomet24
09-16-2019, 09:11 PM
And bring Arroyo the OC from Oregon with him. Do what it takes to keep shoop as dc

Heck yeah while we're dreaming let's do it right. They punched Washington in the mouth at Seattle and just beat on the huskies all night. Way more physical than Washington. Weird seeing a pac12 team play like that!

Maridian Dawg
09-16-2019, 09:43 PM
I like Scott Satterfield,but really don't care If it is Moorhead or some random nobody. I just want to see a well coached ,hard playing team put on the field. Coaching means more at State than a lot of other places because of our recruiting limitations .
Same here. I just want to see the Mississippi State brand of football being played again. Tough as nails, hard-nosed smashmouth football with a disciplined unit.

Maridian Dawg
09-16-2019, 09:44 PM
i don't think Cohen would go for Leach. I could definitely see Bill Clark or Mike Norvell being a solid coach here.

Doggie_Style
09-16-2019, 09:48 PM

Agreed....JoMo will be our coach at least through 2020 if not 2021...

BankerDog
09-16-2019, 09:55 PM

Two years ago, I was all about it. But this is the same Bill Clark who nearly lost to Alabama State at home this year. I?ll pass this time around.

BankerDog
09-16-2019, 09:59 PM

1. Mike Leach- I still think he has the itch to coach in the SEC and with the people Moorhead has brought in I think he could really utilize the talent we have.
2. Bill Clark- Would probably be number 1 on a lot of people's list. Has deep recruiting connections in the South and as mentioned above, what he's done at UAB has been a miracle.
3. Lane Kiffin- might as well kick the tires on this. I think he'd leave if the right opportunity presented itself. Name has cooled considerably since his first year at FAU, but he's still relatively young. He can recruit and he knows how to coach offense.
4. Mike Norvell- This would probably be my choice. Reported problems aside, this guy is a hell of an offensive mind and he'd kill it with SEC speed in his offense.
5. Bryan Harsin- Seems to have hit his max at Boise and I think he could be ready for a move. Was at Arkansas St. during that run of all their coaches leaving after a year.
6. Brett Venables- He has to leave Clemson eventually so I think you'd have to interview him if he agreed to it. He's been as important a part in their run to the top as Dabo.
7. Seth Littrell- Extremely bright young offensive mind. Has deep recruiting ties in Texas and all over the South.
8. Dave Arranda- This guy's knowledge of the game is otherworldly. Someone is gonna get him in the next two years. I think he's a superstar in the making.
9. Joe Brady- He's extremely young, only 29, but what he's done with the LSU offense would make anyone want to give this guy a shot.
10. Willie Fritz- He's really elevated Tulane and runs basically the same offense Dan ran. A lot of solid recruiting ties in the South.

Gotta have an offensive coach and someone that can develop a QB to be the HC here. Only way we will ever get over the hump. People don?t wanna hear this, but the day Bama and LSU decided to open up their offenses was the day running the ball 80% of the time trying to go toe to toe with those guys were gone. You have to have the ability to throw it in this league now or guys will just stack the box; which is what we saw all of last year and against Kansas St the first half. That said, Brady intrigues me. What he has done with LSU is wonderful. Be then again...LSU has always had WR?s and there is a reason they backed off Guidry and Whop.

Homedawg
09-16-2019, 10:02 PM

I don't want him gone. I want him to do better and succeed. I've stayed numerous times, and the unicorns won't believe it, that he and his staff bust their ass recruiting. He's a really good guy and can represent us well. W that's said, he needs to do a better job on the field. That's been below avg at best.

Homedawg
09-16-2019, 10:05 PM
Buddy of mine mentioned it but Bob Stoops would be a good hire after he had a little time off.

So you think bob stoops would take our job?? Holy cow.

ScoobaDawg
09-16-2019, 10:13 PM

Bob's taking a chance on a low stress.. Job with the new xfl in Dallas. I don't think he has any interest of every going back to any ncaa program.. Even a top one

ScoobaDawg
09-16-2019, 10:16 PM
Agreed....JoMo will be our coach at least through 2020 if not 2021...

At least 2020. That would be 3 years and if he only makes it to a borderline bowl at 6-7 wins. Though I don't see that and as mentioned elsewhere. 2021 is the year we stack up to be potential something special.

Dawgfan77
09-17-2019, 06:46 AM

1. Leach wouldn?t come here
2. Clark I?m iffy on
3. The lane train is struggling at FAU. He is a brand not coach
4. Norvell would be great but his off the field stuff wouldn?t fly
5. Really like Harsin
6. Venneables has no desire to be a HC
7. Littrell is an interesting name.
8. Arranda is going to be a HC. Was a DC at delta state one time
9. Brady coaches under SloMo so big no here
10. Please no to the triple option out of the shotgun

My pick is Napier from ULL

msstate7
09-17-2019, 06:52 AM
Dave Clawson. He's about to make his 4th straight bowl at wake forest. If someone can win at wake forest, they can coach.

BrunswickDawg
09-17-2019, 07:19 AM
Dave Clawson. He's about to make his 4th straight bowl at wake forest. If someone can win at wake forest, they can coach.

With Clawson as their offensive coordinator, Tennessee suffered its worst statistical offensive season in over 30 years

Can he handle the SEC? Also doesn't being head coach at Fordham disqualify any future coach?***

MrKotter
09-17-2019, 07:24 AM
1. Leach wouldn?t come here
2. Clark I?m iffy on
3. The lane train is struggling at FAU. He is a brand not coach
4. Norvell would be great but his off the field stuff wouldn?t fly
5. Really like Harsin
6. Venneables has no desire to be a HC
7. Littrell is an interesting name.
8. Arranda is going to be a HC. Was a DC at delta state one time
9. Brady coaches under SloMo so big no here
10. Please no to the triple option out of the shotgun

My pick is Napier from ULL
What is this off the field stuff with Norvell? I have heard a few different rumors but nobody seems to know for certain yet they bring it up as fact.

msstate7
09-17-2019, 07:26 AM
Can he handle the SEC? Also doesn't being head coach at Fordham disqualify any future coach?***

Good point haha

On the tenn deal, not sure what happened. He seems to have a good track record as a HC. He was hired immediately at bowling green after tenn. I'm probably weighing him too much for what he's done at WF, but I do want us to look at guys that win despite being at a talent disadvantage

Cooterpoot
09-17-2019, 07:39 AM

He?s done nothing. And yeah, I know the program was killed. But they aren?t dominating the worst conference in America. We can do way better. But theres a lot of bad names on here. Our fans are too short-sighted. And no, I really don’t have a specific coach right now because Moorhead won’t get fired til next year. I tend to lean toward top OCs with SEC ties though.

BrunswickDawg
09-17-2019, 07:44 AM

Lists like these always crack me up because it shows how bipolar we can be as fans. Our fans clamor for 1) RTDB; 2) Hardnosed physicality; 3) Discipline; 5) HC experience; 6) Recruiting savant; 7) In depth knowledge and experience in dealing with the wars of the SEC -

And this list has
1) Air Raid coach whose teams were terrible at UK and is known to hate recruiting
2) A guy with zero SEC experience on his resume whose team was 105 in total offense so far this season
3) Possibly the biggest a hole in CFB who was a train wreck as an SEC HC, a train wreck at USC, and has FAU looking awful.
4) Another Air Raid guy with zero SEC experience
5) A guy from the Boise tree (which means a whole lot of passing and finesse) with no SEC experience
6) A DC with no HC experience, no SEC experience
7) Another pass first guy with no SEC experience
8)Arranda - Maybe the closest fit, but no HC experience and we have no idea what type of Offense he would run.
9) An RPO guy - was Joe's GA at PSU, and has ZERO experience. Really. The guy may be a savant, but he has 2 years a LB coach, 2 years as a GA, 2 years as an analyst for the Saints, and has 3 games as the Passing Game Coordinator at LSU. Not the OC, not the Associate HC, Passing Game Coordinator. You want THAT guy to build a program? Our OC? Hell yeah - I wonder why Joe didn't bring him on. Head Coach - no way
10) Maybe a close fit - but no SEC experience (I like Fritz from his time at Ga So)

All that being said - these guys have won some games (most of them have). But so had Joe - whose resume looked as good or better than most of these guys.

PMDawg
09-17-2019, 07:45 AM
I don't want him gone. I want him to do better and succeed. I've stayed numerous times, and the unicorns won't believe it, that he and his staff bust their ass recruiting. He's a really good guy and can represent us well. W that's said, he needs to do a better job on the field. That's been below avg at best.

This. All of it. There's just not a realistic scenario where he's not our coach for the rest of this season and at least the majority of next season. So I'm rooting for him to figure it out.

Pipedream
09-17-2019, 08:22 AM
Neal Brown then Scott Satterfield are calls 1A and 1B.

Lord McBuckethead
09-17-2019, 08:30 AM
People are being realistic when they see what is going on, on the field, and how it seems we are playing. Some people have called for Moorhead to be replaced because what they see doesn't pass the eye test and hasn't manifested results on the scoreboard. No one (other than 1 or 2 different posters) want to see MSU lose. I am sure everyone would prefer for Moorhead to figure it out and start competing game in and game out. Take last weekend for instance. We really didn't "compete". We were beat in every facet of the game. KSU came into our stadium and from the opening whistle put it to us. If they didn't fumble two punts, the game would have been ugly. Too many men on the field coming out of a timeout or change of quarter. Players throwing elbows and late hits on players, rookie bullshit.

If I were Moorhead and I saw a player participating in extra curricular activities being a dumbass, I would yank him immediately and have a chat on the sideline. Hill too. You can't be getting your ass kicked and be a thug at the same time. Looks like amateur hour.

So, should Moorhead get the ax? Heck no. Should the fan base let him know that this shit will not be tolerated. Hell yes.

We are 2-1 with games against UK, UT, Ark, UM, Auburn, Bama, LSU, aTm and Abline Christian left. I demand our team to be ready for UK, UT, UM, AC, and Ark. UK being the toughest one of that list. 7-5 is expected. I demand they be ready in those games, but the others have to be competitive. If we continue to see the dumb bullshit we saw this past Saturday, then this conversation after UK will explode. 17 the little things. 17 all the cliches. Moorhead better figure out how to do the little things and the big damn things and fast. Cause where I am sitting, looks like a bunch of things are missing at the moment. Starting with discipline by the players, and a strategy by the coaches.

Tbonewannabe
09-17-2019, 08:36 AM
Lists like these always crack me up because it shows how bipolar we can be as fans. Our fans clamor for 1) RTDB; 2) Hardnosed physicality; 3) Discipline; 5) HC experience; 6) Recruiting savant; 7) In depth knowledge and experience in dealing with the wars of the SEC -

And this list has
1) Air Raid coach whose teams were terrible at UK and is known to hate recruiting
2) A guy with zero SEC experience on his resume whose team was 105 in total offense so far this season
3) Possibly the biggest a hole in CFB who was a train wreck as an SEC HC, a train wreck at USC, and has FAU looking awful.
4) Another Air Raid guy with zero SEC experience
5) A guy from the Boise tree (which means a whole lot of passing and finesse) with no SEC experience
6) A DC with no HC experience, no SEC experience
7) Another pass first guy with no SEC experience
8)Arranda - Maybe the closest fit, but no HC experience and we have no idea what type of Offense he would run.
9) An RPO guy - was Joe's GA at PSU, and has ZERO experience. Really. The guy may be a savant, but he has 2 years a LB coach, 2 years as a GA, 2 years as an analyst for the Saints, and has 3 games as the Passing Game Coordinator at LSU. Not the OC, not the Associate HC, Passing Game Coordinator. You want THAT guy to build a program? Our OC? Hell yeah - I wonder why Joe didn't bring him on. Head Coach - no way
10) Maybe a close fit - but no SEC experience (I like Fritz from his time at Ga So)

All that being said - these guys have won some games (most of them have). But so had Joe - whose resume looked as good or better than most of these guys.

That is why it is a crap shoot and I hope Joe gets it back on the rails. We need to get to 6 wins and another bowl game to keep the streak alive. If he loses to UK though, he is going to be looking into the stands at 50% attendance because there is already a lot of apathy. He desperately needs to win UK and either win or be close to Auburn. With the suspensions and injuries, he has a tough hill to climb.

I don't think he will get fired this year barring 3-10 with blow out losses but his seat will be pretty hot if he misses a bowl game with this schedule. 6 wins should be the minimum with 7 almost a given and 8 was supposed to be highly probable.

Tbonewannabe
09-17-2019, 08:40 AM
People are being realistic when they see what is going on, on the field, and how it seems we are playing. Some people have called for Moorhead to be replaced because what they see doesn't pass the eye test and hasn't manifested results on the scoreboard. No one (other than 1 or 2 different posters) want to see MSU lose. I am sure everyone would prefer for Moorhead to figure it out and start competing game in and game out. Take last weekend for instance. We really didn't "compete". We were beat in every facet of the game. KSU came into our stadium and from the opening whistle put it to us. If they didn't fumble two punts, the game would have been ugly. Too many men on the field coming out of a timeout or change of quarter. Players throwing elbows and late hits on players, rookie bullshit.

If I were Moorhead and I saw a player participating in extra curricular activities being a dumbass, I would yank him immediately and have a chat on the sideline. Hill too. You can't be getting your ass kicked and be a thug at the same time. Looks like amateur hour.

So, should Moorhead get the ax? Heck no. Should the fan base let him know that this shit will not be tolerated. Hell yes.

We are 2-1 with games against UK, UT, Ark, UM, Auburn, Bama, LSU, aTm and Abline Christian left. I demand our team to be ready for UK, UT, UM, AC, and Ark. UK being the toughest one of that list. 7-5 is expected. I demand they be ready in those games, but the others have to be competitive. If we continue to see the dumb bullshit we saw this past Saturday, then this conversation after UK will explode. 17 the little things. 17 all the cliches. Moorhead better figure out how to do the little things and the big damn things and fast. Cause where I am sitting, looks like a bunch of things are missing at the moment. Starting with discipline by the players, and a strategy by the coaches.

Also, you want to say "but we lost our QB and played a freshman" well so did USCe and they hung with Bama for a while. They made the game a lot closer than we have other than 2014 and 2017 with a true freshman QB. Our freshman QB is supposed to be the ideal QB for Moorhead's offense so that should't be too much of an excuse.

Pinto
09-17-2019, 08:44 AM
I want us to keep and eye on Klieman. I love the way his team played Saturday.

If we have 6 wins or less, I hope we don’t add the fourth year to Joe’s contract.

TrapGame
09-17-2019, 08:54 AM
I want us to keep and eye on Klieman. I love the way his team played Saturday.

If we have 6 wins or less, I hope we don’t add the fourth year to Joe’s contract.

I like Joe but the message you send to him is no extras on the contract. We need to see some changes. Giving a coach another year on his contract for a mediocre season just means that much more money he gets when you eventually have to cut him loose.

Dawgology
09-17-2019, 09:09 AM
He?s done nothing. And yeah, I know the program was killed. But they aren?t dominating the worst conference in America. We can do way better. But theres a lot of bad names on here. Our fans are too short-sighted. And no, I really don’t have a specific coach right now because Moorhead won’t get fired til next year. I tend to lean toward top OCs with SEC ties though.

They won their conf championship last year...

Scared_Hitless
09-17-2019, 09:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeRL27FfkW4

Give me this guy

It_Could_Happen
09-17-2019, 09:51 AM
What is this off the field stuff with Norvell? I have heard a few different rumors but nobody seems to know for certain yet they bring it up as fact.

The rumors are that Norvell spends a lot of time in Tunica playing cards... personally I don?t think it?s a big deal, and he would be my first choice. He runs a spread based offense, but his teams hit you in the mouth running the football, and his defense is ranked in the top 5 in total defense in 2019.

Jack Lambert
09-17-2019, 09:52 AM
Only a message board would you have a discussion about replacing a coach who is in his second year.

Coursesuper
09-17-2019, 09:52 AM

The way I look at Bill Clark is he is doing more with less than most coaches in the country. His teams play hard from whistle to whistle, execute their schemes at high level, are well organized and don't ever quit.

There is a lot to be said for that kind of coaching.

Tbonewannabe
09-17-2019, 10:30 AM
The way I look at Bill Clark is he is doing more with less than most coaches in the country. His teams play hard from whistle to whistle, execute their schemes at high level, are well organized and don't ever quit.

There is a lot to be said for that kind of coaching.

A lot can be said but in the SEC, you have to recruit to compete. If he could recruit at a high level and have all the positives then he is a good hire. The bottom line is to even give Bama a game, you have to recruit in the top 25 at least unless you can get a bunch of fluke turnovers like UM did that one year. Saban typically has his team play disciplined football so those type of opportunities are very few.

One thing I like about Moorhead is that he has improved recruiting.

Fader21
09-17-2019, 10:35 AM
I will play too just because with a degree in Sports Management I love the idea of having names in my pocket and keeping up with this type stuff.

1. I would probably call Scott Satterfield
2. Billy Napier this guy will be at a Power 5 in two years.
3. I am still a big PJ Fleck guy (I always watch anything with him on it, maybe a little bit of a man crush, no **** of course)
4. Mel Tucker- A defensive minded guy that has the SEC experience, just got to find a good OC that would follow him.
5. Josh Heupel- Good resume, SEC experience but limited, unknown on how good of a recruiter

munk_munk92
09-17-2019, 10:41 AM
First off, i don't think anybody WANTS Jomo gone. We just want him to do his job and get this team playing at a high level. I would bet most people here like the guy. But people are scared of going back to the croom days. I personally think he will get it together eventually and you can tell he is learning on the job. He will get us there and then people are going to be worried that he's leaving every other year.

WPS
09-17-2019, 10:58 AM
The rumors are that Norvell spends a lot of time in Tunica playing cards... personally I don?t think it?s a big deal, and he would be my first choice. He runs a spread based offense, but his teams hit you in the mouth running the football, and his defense is ranked in the top 5 in total defense in 2019.

A lot of Arkansas fans wanted him over Morris but rumors I heard during then was that he also really likes his co-eds and party favors. After Petrino not surprised that wouldn't fly.

Tbonewannabe
09-17-2019, 10:59 AM
First off, i don't think anybody WANTS Jomo gone. We just want him to do his job and get this team playing at a high level. I would bet most people here like the guy. But people are scared of going back to the croom days. I personally think he will get it together eventually and you can tell he is learning on the job. He will get us there and then people are going to be worried that he's leaving every other year.

I would say that maybe a handful of people want him gone and will not change their mind outside of getting to 8-9 wins with Bama being one of those. I am to the point of just wanting to get to 6 wins and be competitive in the losses along with finishing strong in recruiting.

Tbonewannabe
09-17-2019, 11:01 AM
A lot of Arkansas fans wanted him over Morris but rumors I heard during then was that he also really likes his co-eds and party favors. After Petrino not surprised that wouldn't fly.

Norvell is doing too good of a job to have that little interest from P5 teams. There is definitely something that is keeping him from a higher profile job. The rumor of gambling is a strong reason but banging coeds doesn't go over well either.

Maridian Dawg
09-17-2019, 07:29 PM
I don't necessarily want him gone, I just want to see a well prepared, well disciplined team run out on the field in maroon. I don't care who coaches us as long as we are prepared and stick to our identity.

Dawgfan77
09-18-2019, 06:59 AM
You are incorrect sir. We play with no organization in year two we continue to make dumb decisions with personal. IE running 13 guys on the field after a stop in play and then have to burn a timeout. No I?m game adjustments from the offense no coaching on the sidelines during the game. IN 16 games he is what he is and that?s not a good thing. Joe needs to be let go barring a miracle

Liverpooldawg
09-18-2019, 07:08 AM
He gets at least one more year, more likely two. I'll support him as long as he is here. I don't get trying to undermine a coach. He is here and I want him to win.

TrapGame
09-18-2019, 08:10 AM
He gets at least one more year, more likely two. I'll support him as long as he is here. I don't get trying to undermine a coach. He is here and I want him to win.

Amen.

StarkvilleGuru
09-18-2019, 08:52 AM
Most people on this thread seem to have an issue with coaches like Harsin that "have no SEC experience." I think this is a good thing. Harsin always expects to win his conference, and can bring that winning mentality to State. I'm tired of coaches with "SEC experience" coming to MSU and being fine with finishing third or fourth in our division.

Tbonewannabe
09-18-2019, 10:34 AM

He definitely gets another year barring losing out in horrible fashion which no true MSU fan would want. Even the 2008 Egg Bowl, I wanted us to win until we looked so inept that running up the score increased the likelihood of canning Croom.

I think the idea of Joe's offense is one we need to compete with great teams. You are a lot more likely to upset Bama if you have explosive plays rather than trying to grind out 10-14 play drives against that defense. 2017 was the only year that we actually competed with them in that form.

TrapGame
09-18-2019, 10:40 AM
He definitely gets another year barring losing out in horrible fashion which no true MSU fan would want. Even the 2008 Egg Bowl, I wanted us to win until we looked so inept that running up the score increased the likelihood of canning Croom.

I think the idea of Joe's offense is one we need to compete with great teams. You are a lot more likely to upset Bama if you have explosive plays rather than trying to grind out 10-14 play drives against that defense. 2017 was the only year that we actually competed with them in that form.

If we completely shit the bed this season and win 4 games or less then I think it's time to read the writing on the wall. But, I don't see that in this team or coach.

And I am in no way rooting for a 4 win season!

NCDawg
09-18-2019, 11:06 AM

I doubt Neal Brown would accept the job now. He's got a good job at West Viriginia. We probably could have hired him a couple of years ago, but Cohen preferred Moorhead.

StarkVegasSteve
09-18-2019, 01:41 PM

We could've gotten either of these guys two years ago, but with Brown at WVU and Satterfield at Louisville we'd have to pay A LOT of money to get either of them now.