PDA

View Full Version : Stevens is better today than he was Saturday of last week.

Coach007
09-16-2019, 05:49 PM
Per Moorhead. If he is better today than last week and Saturday, you would think he starts this week.

EDIT: the headline.... He's better than last week. Better than sat.

Todd4State
09-16-2019, 05:56 PM
That's pretty interesting to me. Honestly, it tells me that we shouldn't have played him at all versus K-State.

msstate7
09-16-2019, 05:59 PM
That's pretty interesting to me. Honestly, it tells me that we shouldn't have played him at all versus K-State.

I would guess tommy probably is to blame some for that. You know he wanted to play, and probably lied a little to the doctors

dantheman4248
09-16-2019, 06:06 PM
I would guess tommy probably is to blame some for that. You know he wanted to play, and probably lied a little to the doctors

If lying to the doctors is all it took how come Tommy got through but Cam didn't? This is something that should have been seen in warmups that he was way more inaccurate than normal and had no feel for the ball.

BogeyGolfer
09-16-2019, 06:13 PM
Per Moorhead. If he is better today than last week and Saturday, you would think he starts this week.

Too bad JoMo's play calling is the same...

Todd4State
09-16-2019, 06:14 PM

Young athletes are notoriously competitive- especially at the SEC level. That's part of the reason why they are SEC caliber players to start with. I know what you mean but I don't know about lying. Some of these players are extremely tough and handle pain very well and can perform at a fairly high level through it sometimes. They have to be held back in therapy sometimes because they are used to going 100% and they want to get back on the field ASAP and they think that overworking will get them there sooner.

Based on what I've heard it sounds to me more like he and we thought he could go- and he did for basically one half. And then his shoulder basically gave out and needed to rest.

If he is feeling much better than we was a week ago that is extremely encouraging. I was worried that he basically re-injured his shoulder and was going to have to start over again. To me, it sounds like we are very fortunate he didn't injure himself worse.

Coach007
09-16-2019, 07:02 PM

He wanted to go back in at half time.

He probably feels like it's do or die......

Commercecomet24
09-16-2019, 07:27 PM
From what I've heard Tommy's armed stiffened up during halftime and he just couldn't get loose after the break. He wanted and tried to play but we all see what happened. Missed Guidry for what would've been a td(if Guidry don't drop it) and the last int.

timotheus
09-16-2019, 07:31 PM
If how he tried to ease himself away from contact is an indicator, he's one good hit away from being out several weeks. Joe is a master of the coach lingo.

Jack Lambert
09-16-2019, 07:32 PM
Coach better make some good decisions. This is a very important game. He has to win it.

Dawgfan77
09-16-2019, 07:32 PM
From what I've heard Tommy's armed stiffened up during halftime and he just couldn't get loose after the break. He wanted and tried to play but we all see what happened. Missed Guidry for what would've been a td(if Guidry don't drop it) and the last int.
That?s verbatim what rose bowl was saying

msstate7
09-16-2019, 07:33 PM
If how he tried to ease himself away from contact is an indicator, he's one good hit away from being out several weeks. Joe is a master of the coach lingo.

Tommy clearly wasn't standing in there. I understand why, but he's gonna have to if he plays this week. Kentucky is gonna come after him

RocketDawg
09-16-2019, 07:36 PM

Joe knows best, but today is Monday; Saturday he appeared to be in pain. I don't see how you get a shoulder well in that short a timeframe.

Jack Lambert
09-16-2019, 07:40 PM
Joe knows best, but today is Monday; Saturday he appeared to be in pain. I don't see how you get a shoulder well in that short a timeframe.

Didn't play the second half. Probably spent all of Saturday night, Sunday and today on the trainers table. They can work miracles.

Coach007
09-16-2019, 07:41 PM
Tommy clearly wasn't standing in there. I understand why, but he's gonna have to if he plays this week. Kentucky is gonna come after him

We need to block better this week on the OL. And YES Stevens has to put people in the right protections.

Commercecomet24
09-16-2019, 08:00 PM
That?s verbatim what rose bowl was saying

It's what I was told Saturday after the game. And the way he threw the second half it sure looked like it.

chef dixon
09-16-2019, 08:10 PM

Right. Especially when he looked like aggravated it and took some shots to the shoulder during the game.

To me, seems like Moorhead doesn't have a clue right now when it comes to our QB room. It is a complete shit show.

Homedawg
09-16-2019, 09:16 PM

Joe knows he has to win sat. This is a big week for him and our base. W that said, our medical staff isn't going to put a player in danger if its going to cause long term harm.

Todd4State
09-16-2019, 10:29 PM

Pro and SEC sports teams have top of the line stuff to treat injuries and they focus on treating them a lot more than what you would see at your normal clinic.

If it's a strain (just guessing)- two weeks of healing is very realistic as far as healing. Especially with top of the line training and equipment. It also helps being 22-23.

ScoobaDawg
09-16-2019, 10:34 PM
Either way... I truly hope he is healed for this weekend. We need him badly. Garrett is gonna be something special but just not special enough to be the man as a freshman

Todd4State
09-16-2019, 10:58 PM
Either way... I truly hope he is healed for this weekend. We need him badly. Garrett is gonna be something special but just not special enough to be the man as a freshman

I'm really excited about Garrett. That helicopter play showed me that he may have some Dak-ish leadership potential.

Unfortunately he's not ready yet- but I think he is going to be potentially a very special player for us once he develops too.

tcdog70
09-17-2019, 10:43 AM
he reminds me of a Freshman John Bond

Lord McBuckethead
09-17-2019, 11:14 AM

Shit, how old are you?

Coach007
09-17-2019, 11:20 AM
Shit, how old are you?

LOL!!!!

You ain't right man!

gravedigger
09-17-2019, 12:50 PM

I agree

Maroonthirteen
09-17-2019, 12:55 PM

I don’t know. Shrader throws better than freshman Bond.

Jack Lambert
09-17-2019, 01:18 PM

How old are you***

I watched John Bond live my self.

wmccgc
09-17-2019, 01:22 PM
How old are you***

So did I, and Shrader definitely reminds me of Bond. That was my thought exactly.

confucius say
09-17-2019, 01:32 PM

I said at halftime that he needed to keep
Lightly tossing and moving his shoulder for fear of exactly that. Trainers have to know that

parabrave
09-17-2019, 01:36 PM

With the way DEs are flying into the backfield because somebody won't belp out our tackles that one good hit might be Saturday.

Maroonthirteen
09-17-2019, 02:15 PM
How old are you***

I didn’t watch him much. Only when we played in Starkville. Otherwise, I listened to Jack describe the result of the passes.

biggun
09-17-2019, 02:35 PM

Garrett could be special this season with better WR?s.

Bothrops
09-17-2019, 03:21 PM

You mean run better routes.

Homedawg
09-17-2019, 03:47 PM

Maybe so. But he was 4-12 w one Zuber drop. I get it, he's only gonna get better. But the two late laterals he threw were really careless and won't work very often.

chef dixon
09-17-2019, 04:49 PM
Maybe so. But he was 4-12 w one Zuber drop. I get it, he's only gonna get better. But the two late laterals he threw were really careless and won't work very often.

I agree with this big time. I'm not seeing him as even close to ready as a lot of our fans are thinking. Our playbook is severely limited and those two laterals were complete bonehead plays. I think he has shown some promise, no doubt, but it hasn't looked any different than any Moorhead offense he has fielded here so far.

Todd4State
09-17-2019, 05:13 PM

He reminds me of Matt Jones formerly of Arkansas.

RocketDawg
09-17-2019, 05:15 PM
How old are you***

But do you remember Sean Connery as James Bond?

tcdog70
09-17-2019, 07:36 PM
Shit, how old are you?

Shit Boy I saw Tommy Pharr play Football.

tcdog70
09-17-2019, 07:44 PM

Based on 0 passing yards in the 4th quarter and His 4-12 for the game. Give Me Bond and McDole. Bond beat Bama and Ole Miss as a freshman.

TUSK
09-17-2019, 07:54 PM
Lotta Ageism in this thread...***************

dawgday166
09-17-2019, 08:06 PM

Now we're comparing Shrader to Matt Jones after one half of football LOL.

ETA: Now we're on to the next Savior. But we're sticking with the current Savant.

Lord McBuckethead
09-17-2019, 08:35 PM
Lol, just joshin with you old fellas. Some of you guys are probably older than my harley, but younger than my t bucket.

Homedawg
09-17-2019, 09:03 PM

Matt Jones ran a 4.3. They are nothing alike except white.

Maroonthirteen
09-17-2019, 09:12 PM
Back to the original point, Joe has been pretty tight lipped about Stevens health. To say he is better this week than Last week.... is to make Kentucky prepare for the pass. Because we don?t want them to sell
Out to stop the run like KState did. However I fully expect Stevens
To start. And last less than a half.

R2Dawg
09-17-2019, 09:14 PM
Based on 0 passing yards in the 4th quarter and His 4-12 for the game. Give Me Bond and McDole. Bond beat Bama and Ole Miss as a freshman.

Bond also the only player in SEC to beat LSU 4 times.

Homedawg
09-17-2019, 09:20 PM
Bond also the only player in SEC to beat LSU 4 times.

You mean only sec starting qb?

Todd4State
09-17-2019, 10:23 PM
Now we're comparing Shrader to Matt Jones after one half of football LOL.

ETA: Now we're on to the next Savior. But we're sticking with the current Savant.

Matt Jones ran a 4.3. They are nothing alike except white.

Shreader is built similarly and they have a similar style of play.

timotheus
09-17-2019, 10:30 PM
Joe wants him to stand in the pocket and move the safeties with his eyes but he bolted too early and thus the offense doesn't work because the O is set up to be explosive downfield off of an RPO. It's not a true RPO if the protection is weak and the QB simply bolts.

StateDawg44
09-18-2019, 07:08 AM
Too bad JoMo's play calling is the same...

Sooooo..... too bad Jomo's play calling is improving by the week???? Weird complaint.

vv83
09-18-2019, 09:31 AM

To be fair, Garrett could technically do it too

tcdog70
09-18-2019, 11:08 AM
To be fair, Garrett could technically do it too

hmmm--could do it-vs did it

and that is fair?

Jack Lambert
09-18-2019, 11:18 AM
Lol, just joshin with you old fellas. Some of you guys are probably older than my harley, but younger than my t bucket.

You could have a Panhead and I could still be older then your Harley. Yes I am old but I sitll have 19" biceps and can bench 400 pounds.

parabrave
09-18-2019, 02:00 PM
You could have a Panhead and I could still be older then your Harley. Yes I am old but I sitll have 19" biceps and can bench 400 pounds.

And don't remember to add in the 52inch waist!!!!!!! Jarine

Jack Lambert
09-18-2019, 02:23 PM
And don't remember to add in the 52inch waist!!!!!!! Jarine

Actually I am 230 pounds with 36" waist. I have a teen age son who makes me gt to the gym five days a week and sometimes six. I am really too old but I do it. He keeps showing me pictures of me when I was 26 and thinks I can do that again. No way I can look like that but he does keep me in shape for my age.

Offshore Dawg
09-18-2019, 08:35 PM
Actually I am 230 pounds with 36" waist. I have a teen age son who makes me gt to the gym five days a week and sometimes six. I am really too old but I do it. He keeps showing me pictures of me when I was 26 and thinks I can do that again. No way I can look like that but he does keep me in shape for my age.

Jack, whatever your age it sounds like you are doing good.

parabrave
09-18-2019, 08:40 PM

Ask him to put a 100lb ruck on and tell him you will see him 12 miles away in 3 hours. Of course you will drive to the finish line.

Todd4State
09-18-2019, 08:41 PM

That's pretty ironic since the football player Jack Lambert's workout consisted of doing some flat bench, some curls, and then smoking a cigarette.

Jack Lambert
09-19-2019, 03:36 PM
That's pretty ironic since the football player Jack Lambert's workout consisted of doing some flat bench, some curls, and then smoking a cigarette.

And he was only 215 pounds but could run through a brick wall. My favorite football player of all time. Side note he played college football with Nick Saban.

Jack Lambert
09-19-2019, 03:36 PM
Jack, whatever your age it sounds like you are doing good.

I am 54.

Coach007
09-19-2019, 03:42 PM

Gotta get that juice! LOL!