PDA

View Full Version : Should Skinner still be starting?

Schultzy
10-26-2013, 08:53 AM
He is perfect for the old 4-3 defense as a Middle linebacker vs the wishbone but I think he is a step slow for today's offenses.
He has gotten lost on long runs against osu and the long td run vs lsu this year plus he isn't good in pass coverage.
Big hitter and was one of my favorites his first few years but it seems like one of the Browns with their speed would be a big help now.

Tbonewannabe
10-26-2013, 09:01 AM
He led the team in tackles Thursday. No opinion because both Browns has speed he doesn't, just thought it was funny you bring this up now.

msstate7
10-26-2013, 09:05 AM
I wanna do whatever needs to be done to get us faster against spread teams.

HancockCountyDog
10-26-2013, 09:25 AM
Is Wells hurt? I haven't noticed him the last few games and he was all over the field the first few games.

Thick
10-26-2013, 09:40 AM
Is Wells hurt? I haven't noticed him the last few games and he was all over the field the first few games.

Yeah he played, but didn't see much of him either.

Schultzy
10-26-2013, 12:09 PM

Wells was in pass coverage and you didn't see him much because his guy was covered. Uk spread the tight end to the slot on inside run plays.

HoopsDawg
10-26-2013, 12:11 PM
He is perfect for the old 4-3 defense as a Middle linebacker vs the wishbone but I think he is a step slow for today's offenses.
He has gotten lost on long runs against osu and the long td run vs lsu this year plus he isn't good in pass coverage.
Big hitter and was one of my favorites his first few years but it seems like one of the Browns with their speed would be a big help now.

I think he is our best LB and a pro prospect, so yeah, he should be starting.

Schultzy
10-26-2013, 12:18 PM

Better than Wells?

CadaverDawg
10-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Wells was in pass coverage and you didn't see him much because his guy was covered. Uk spread the tight end to the slot on inside run plays.

This^.

Wells can do it all. He is a stud that deserves WAY more recognition than he gets.

Schultzy
10-26-2013, 12:20 PM

Better than Wells? Better than McKinney?!