PDA

View Full Version : Play W Gay and Autry vs Kentucky

biggun
09-16-2019, 07:41 AM
Add games for W Gay - Tennessee, Arkansas, and Ole Miss.

Autry - Kentucky, Tennessee and Ole Miss ; since wasted vs USM

These are the only SEC games we have a chance to win so let?s pray Joe makes the right decision with these guys.

yjnkdawg
09-16-2019, 07:59 AM

These are the only SEC games we have a chance to win so let?s pray Joe makes the right decision with these guys.

Autry wasn't wasted against USM. Have any of you who have that mindset, ever considered that injuries and depth factors also play a role into deciding when a suspended player will play. JoeMo has been dealt a bad hand this year with the suspensions and injuries that we have had. I imagine Gay will be available for LSU and Bama, but I guess we will see how that goes. I agree on Autry and Gay should be available for the OM game dependent on no more injuries where there might need to be more shuffling around, if that occurred.

WinningIsRelentless
09-16-2019, 08:11 AM
We should have played them both Saturday with Marcus Murphy.

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2019, 08:19 AM
Autry wasn't wasted against USM. Have any of you who have that mindset, ever considered that injuries and depth factors also play a role into deciding when a suspended player will play. JoeMo has been dealt a bad hand this year with the suspensions and injuries that we have had. I imagine Gay will be available for LSU and Bama, but I guess we will see how that goes. I agree on Autry and Gay should be available for the OM game dependent on no more injuries where there might need to be more shuffling around, if that occurred.

He was wasted vs USM

yjnkdawg
09-16-2019, 08:34 AM
He was wasted vs USM

Think what you want. You need to be in an actual real life coaching situation, instead of coaching from a message board. You may find out your reality concerning our football program isn't actually reality and it's a lot more difficult on the coaching decisions with our suspensions and injuries then you perceive it to be. OH, yeah and if we had gotten beaten by USM, you would have been one of the first bitching on why JoeMo didn't play Autry, I would imagine.

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2019, 08:36 AM
if we had gotten beaten by USM

This was never in the cards. Wasn't going to happen.

He was completely wasted vs USM

TALL DAWG
09-16-2019, 08:38 AM
Think what you want. You need to be in an actual real life coaching situation, instead of coaching from a message board. You may find out your reality concerning our football program isn't actually reality and it's a lot more difficult on the coaching decisions with our suspensions and injuries then you perceive it to be. OH, yeah and if we had gotten beaten by USM, you would have been one of the first bitching on why JoeMo didn't play Autry, I would imagine.

I believe what Shotgun means is he was not needed vs USM as
we should have been able to beat USM w/o him which is 100% correct.

Jack Lambert
09-16-2019, 08:44 AM

I agree!

Matt3467
09-16-2019, 08:51 AM
This was never in the cards. Wasn't going to happen.

He was completely wasted vs USM

I wish we'd get out of this mindset. Lee Autry wasn't wasted vs USM. Lee Autry wasted his own year.

If it was up to me I'd not play a single one of those fools and they'd be lucky to come back next year and play. If any ordinary kid did what they did they'd be expelled immediately no questions asked.

RezDog7
09-16-2019, 08:56 AM
I wish we'd get out of this mindset. Lee Autry wasn't wasted vs USM. Lee Autry wasted his own year.

If it was up to me I'd not play a single one of those fools and they'd be lucky to come back next year and play. If any ordinary kid did what they did they'd be expelled immediately no questions asked.

Correct

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2019, 08:57 AM

We all get that Autry wasted his own year. Everyone agrees with that. However, that doesn't change the fact that he only has 4 games to play & we MUST be delicate & strategic with which 4 games those are. There was nothing strategically beneficial to playing him vs USM. Nothing. It was a brutal decision

dantheman4248
09-16-2019, 08:59 AM
Correct

Incorrect. First time cheaters almost never get expelled. They get hit with an F and have to retake the class while going on academic probation. They don't get expelled on a first time minor offense.

DanDority
09-16-2019, 09:27 AM
Incorrect. First time cheaters almost never get expelled. They get hit with an F and have to retake the class while going on academic probation. They don't get expelled on a first time minor offense.

They aren't given a full scholarship either!

smootness
09-16-2019, 09:57 AM

Injuries and depth could easily be a factor in games later this year as well, and are in fact more likely to be a factor in later games. Playing him against USM was not smart.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
09-16-2019, 10:18 AM
Playing our one SEC quality DT against USM is inexcusable... We HAVE to play Gay and Autry this weekend and we need Murphy and Whop for special teams and additional depth. If we lose to UK this season could spiral out of control.... need all hands on deck. This is a huge game for Jo Mo.

confucius say
09-16-2019, 10:19 AM
We all get that Autry wasted his own year. Everyone agrees with that. However, that doesn't change the fact that he only has 4 games to play & we MUST be delicate & strategic with which 4 games those are. There was nothing strategically beneficial to playing him vs USM. Nothing. It was a brutal decision

A coach looks at it and says, ok, Jackson is moved to offense bc Parker and Wilkerson are out. If no autry, That leaves jones and five freshmen on the entire roster, Lovett, crumedy, pick, Devon Robinson, and cam young. If two get hurt, heaven forbid the first two, you are left with three true freshman to play the entire game in 105 heat index in a game he knows he cannot lose in this state.

That is how a coach thinks, right or wrong. Simply a numbers game.

Johnson85
09-16-2019, 10:23 AM

That would be a fireable offense for MOorhead, and as frustrated as people are, luckily Moorhead is not that stupid. He wasted Autry being overly conservative. Based on that decision, I suspect we see Gay against UK, UT, Arkansas, and Ole Miss. Those are game we can win that we have to win. WIth Autry having been wasted against USM, I think we sit him out against either Ark or UM, depending on who is looking weaker at the end of the year and how other injuries have played out.

R2Dawg
09-16-2019, 11:29 AM

Totally agree with that. We have to win those games and Gay Autry give us the best chance. We likely will not beat the others anyway. And yep wasted Autry vs USM.

Matt3467
09-16-2019, 01:19 PM

The majority of all colleges that I'm aware of have policies for cheating that include suspensions for multiple semesters up to and including expulsion. These kids were treated differently because of their football status and it's not right. The semester/s suspension is on top of being placed on academic probation and thats if they're lucky to not be kicked out altogether. My college didn't play around as they would expel right away and rightfully so.

dantheman4248
09-16-2019, 01:51 PM
The majority of all colleges that I'm aware of have policies for cheating that include suspensions for multiple semesters up to and including expulsion. These kids were treated differently because of their football status and it's not right. The semester/s suspension is on top of being placed on academic probation and thats if they're lucky to not be kicked out altogether. My college didn't play around as they would expel right away and rightfully so.

My college takes it a case by case basis. Any normal student caught with this would get an F and retake the class. If they had “academic” scholarships those would be suspended. The football players got basically the equivalent. They took a loss of “70%” of their athletic year for cheating for 50% of an academic year. They punished them evenly with which they are here. Also my college was the same college as those kids and I just graduated. I have more of a pulse on that than you.

These were kids taking a gimme class that is all online and needs 0 knowledge with minimal effort. They didn’t cheat on major senior design projects. This is a laziness issue rather than a dishonesty issue. The punishment actually fits the crime AND WHO COMMITTED IT very well imo.

Matt3467
09-16-2019, 02:08 PM
My college takes it a case by case basis. Any normal student caught with this would get an F and retake the class. If they had “academic” scholarships those would be suspended. The football players got basically the equivalent. They took a loss of “70%” of their athletic year for cheating for 50% of an academic year. They punished them evenly with which they are here. Also my college was the same college as those kids and I just graduated. I have more of a pulse on that than you.

These were kids taking a gimme class that is all online and needs 0 knowledge with minimal effort. They didn’t cheat on major senior design projects. This is a laziness issue rather than a dishonesty issue. The punishment actually fits the crime AND WHO COMMITTED IT very well imo.

"These were kids taking a gimme class that is all online and needs 0 knowledge with minimal effort. They didn’t cheat on major senior design projects. This is a laziness issue rather than a dishonesty issue"

Wow, really? I'm not even going to take you seriously after that. You must be the type to hand out participation trophies as well?

It's a huge HONESTY and INTEGRITY issue. Laziness may play a part but don't minimize what it really is. If it really was a "gimme class" that requires "0 knowledge with minimal effort" then how is that an excuse and why do it? You're wrong, but maybe that's just me since I wasn't blessed with the athletic ability to get passes in school and had to actually apply myself in the classroom.