PDA

View Full Version : We are definitely using Adidas bats!

Thick
10-26-2013, 08:21 AM
Spoke to the Mr. Woidtke, the Easton representative for MSU forever. He told me that it was true. MSU has been with Easton for damn near 30 years, maybe longer. He said Adidas apparently really sweetened the deal with cash.

msstate7
10-26-2013, 09:02 AM
Hopefully we use them so well they get banned next season

Original48
10-26-2013, 09:26 AM
Now if we could just get the soccer team off the Saucony cleats..

Thick
10-26-2013, 09:35 AM
Hopefully we use them so well they get banned next season

It's funny you say that, because the Easton rep said that the Adidas bat is "hot", and will have to be modified to be legal.

engie
10-26-2013, 09:49 AM
It's funny you say that, because the Easton rep said that the Adidas bat is "hot", and will have to be modified to be legal.

So, he admits the Adidas bats are better? Interesting...

I seriously doubt we or adidas make this deal if the bats hadn't already been certified by BBCOR. How stupid would that be?

Jacksondevildog
10-26-2013, 09:56 AM
They are BBCOR certified. They just mean that they are performing at a slightly better level than the Easton's from last year.

Drugdog
10-26-2013, 10:30 AM
Now if we could just get the soccer team off the Saucony cleats..

Are we still using the Russell polyester coaching shorts?

Will James
10-26-2013, 10:43 AM
They are BBCOR certified. They just mean that they are performing at a slightly better level than the Easton's from last year.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Mr-Burns-Saying-Excellent.gif

Thick
10-26-2013, 11:08 AM
So, he admits the Adidas bats are better? Interesting...

I seriously doubt we or adidas make this deal if the bats hadn't already been certified by BBCOR. How stupid would that be?

Well, some people think DeMarini bats are hotter then any made coming out of the wrapper, and they are BBCOR certified. It's probably just sour grapes by Easton.

We need to some feedback from people that have been to fall scrimmages. Have they seen more missiles then normal at DNF?

MsStateBaseball
10-26-2013, 11:18 AM
I wouldn't think much different at all. All bats have sweet spots. This fall is simple, we have better hitters via recruiting.

engie
10-26-2013, 11:25 AM

Exactly. In which case, I'm psyched...

Wonder who all else Adidas got to do this? I'd be pumped if we were virtually the only ones... They'd basically be naming us their flagship baseball school, which I feel like they've already kinda done with all the special caps, unis, promotions, etc...

Jacksondevildog
10-26-2013, 11:30 AM
Talking to one of our players, the performance is around the same as the bats last year. They didn't notice a real big change. Like one of the posters said below, our hitting is deeper and more talented this year. The bats still suck. They just do not suck as bad as they did a few years ago.

Thick
10-26-2013, 12:01 PM
We, supposedly, are the only school to have this deal to date.

maroonmania
10-26-2013, 12:49 PM

I would think you mean a little more than that when you say "will have to be modified to be LEGAL."

scottycameron
10-26-2013, 01:57 PM
I didn't know adidas made bats. Soccer bats? Cricket?