PDA

View Full Version : Take a deep breath

BuckyIsAB****
09-15-2019, 08:14 PM
The suspensions, injuries and a sleepy first half from the players (and fans including myself) was just too much to overcome against a well coached team. They aint bad, they never are. We made too many mistakes and probably played Stevens a series or two too long. If he was healthy we probably beat them by 2 TDs. Hopefully he will be closer to 100 percent Saturday. He took a novacain shot before the game, any other position could take that and survive it. But if you're a QB and its in your throwing shoulder you can count on it being numb which is why his throws were off.

We are going to have the suspended guys this saturday. I expect us to win the game and I say that with confidence. Gay, Murphy, Autry all are going. Hopefully Williams and Stevens are ready to roll on offense. If they are we can win it comfortably. We need a good showing from the crowd. I wil lbe there first game I will have attended since 2017

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2019, 08:17 PM
The novacain shot makes sense.

He appeared to lack feel for the football more than a lack of arm strength. If his shoulder was sore or hurting, there is no way he makes that pass to Osiris before the half. The numbing effect of the shot makes sense

BuckyIsAB****
09-15-2019, 08:20 PM
The novacain shot makes sense.

He appeared to lack feel for the football more than a lack of arm strength. If his shoulder was sore or hurting, there is no way he makes that pass to Osiris before the half. The numbing effect of the shot makes sense

I cant think of another SEC coach that has had to deal with the shit Moorhead has to start the year. We need to be all in for him this Saturday. The culture isnt broken, not close but if we start losing a lot it could start to roll downhill. We need to make a statement Saturday. Fans included. I didnt go last weekend and I dont blame anyone who didnt. Im normally not this guy but this program needs its fans this weekend.

Todd4State
09-15-2019, 08:25 PM
I cant think of another SEC coach that has had to deal with the shit Moorhead has to start the year. We need to be all in for him this Saturday. The culture isnt broken, not close but if we start losing a lot it could start to roll downhill. We need to make a statement Saturday. Fans included. I didnt go last weekend and I dont blame anyone who didnt. Im normally not this guy but this program needs its fans this weekend.

It has been one thing after the other.

That said, I think we should probably sit Tommy at least this upcoming weekend and re-evaluate after that. Rely heavily on Kylin and go full bore with the defense and full strength. If I'm Joe I might go 2013 Egg Bowl with Tommy like we did with Dak and play him only if absolutely necessary. If we're only going to get one half out of Tommy I would much rather it be the second half.

BuckyIsAB****
09-15-2019, 08:32 PM
It has been one thing after the other.

That said, I think we should probably sit Tommy at least this upcoming weekend and re-evaluate after that. Rely heavily on Kylin and go full bore with the defense and full strength. If I'm Joe I might go 2013 Egg Bowl with Tommy like we did with Dak and play him only if absolutely necessary. If we're only going to get one half out of Tommy I would much rather it be the second half.

Shrader aint ready man. Hes not very good in the pocket. Our WRs aint good enough to carry him either and the OL being banged up isnt good enough either even with Kylin. Kylin is great but he is also injury prone and with Gibson being hurt as well you are left with Witherspoon and he is like Shrader, gonna be good one day but hes not ready for the SEC right now.

No Stevens saturday and we better hope we score on special teams or defense or they just play like shit bc it will be dogfight without Stevens

TrapGame
09-15-2019, 08:39 PM
The suspensions, injuries and a sleepy first half from the players (and fans including myself) was just too much to overcome against a well coached team. They aint bad, they never are. We made too many mistakes and probably played Stevens a series or two too long. If he was healthy we probably beat them by 2 TDs. Hopefully he will be closer to 100 percent Saturday. He took a novacain shot before the game, any other position could take that and survive it. But if you're a QB and its in your throwing shoulder you can count on it being numb which is why his throws were off.

We are going to have the suspended guys this saturday. I expect us to win the game and I say that with confidence. Gay, Murphy, Autry all are going. Hopefully Williams and Stevens are ready to roll on offense. If they are we can win it comfortably. We need a good showing from the crowd. I wil lbe there first game I will have attended since 2017

This makes me feel much better. Gay, Murphy and Autry back gives me a lot of confidence about the defense. If Tommy is healthy enough we can win this game.

BuckyIsAB****
09-15-2019, 08:42 PM
This makes me feel much better. Gay, Murphy and Autry back gives me a lot of confidence about the defense. If Tommy is healthy enough we can win this game.

I think we win and if Stevens is close to 100 we could cover. I just hope the fans are there. We need to have it rocking just for perception at least.

Yes I know thats an OM word and thing but we need a good showing bc empty seats matter to kids

Todd4State
09-15-2019, 08:45 PM
Shrader aint ready man. Hes not very good in the pocket. Our WRs aint good enough to carry him either and the OL being banged up isnt good enough either even with Kylin. Kylin is great but he is also injury prone and with Gibson being hurt as well you are left with Witherspoon and he is like Shrader, gonna be good one day but hes not ready for the SEC right now.

No Stevens saturday and we better hope we score on special teams or defense or they just play like shit bc it will be dogfight without Stevens

I don't disagree with any of that. But my fear is if we keep running Tommy out there he may never get better- or even worse lost for the entire year. And then the year is completely shot at that point.

BuckyIsAB****
09-15-2019, 08:47 PM
I don't disagree with any of that. But my fear is if we keep running Tommy out there he may never get better- or even worse lost for the entire year. And then the year is completely shot at that point.

Saturday is the biggest game of the Moorhead era so far. He is playing I would bet my arm on it

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2019, 08:52 PM

Good points. Let go in for him Saturday

msstate7
09-15-2019, 08:52 PM
Saturday is the biggest game of the Moorhead era so far. He is playing I would bet my arm on it

Yeah, this game is massive for Moorhead. He can't lose this game

TrapGame
09-15-2019, 08:56 PM
Yeah, this game is massive for Moorhead. He can't lose this game

Yep, that's why I'm thinking we get something like the AU game last year.

BuckyIsAB****
09-15-2019, 08:59 PM
People probably should have been much more concerned over KSU than we were. I understand why we were not bc we should be and probably were a better team than them.

But with all the injuries and suspensions, they had more talent than we did Saturday and they didnt make the mistakes we did. Thats why they won. Our LBs must be better than they are. 40 and 10 have been nothing but pluggers for 2 games in a row. They have been awful in coverage and granted, that is never going to be their strong suit anyway but 40 was much better at it a year ago than he is now and I am just convinced that 10 is never going to be worth the hype and all the crap we took to get him here. We went to bat for him its time for him to be a Dawg especially with what we are having to deal with right now. The DL really has been better than expected. Our best players have to be better. 6 is our best player on defense and he might be the best player on the team. He is going to play on Saturday. It may take him a while to knock the rust off but I expect by mid 2nd quarter we will see why he is going to go in the first round.

msstate7
09-15-2019, 09:00 PM
Yep, that's why I'm thinking we get something like the AU game last year.

That auburn game was the most impressed I've been with our coach. Hopefully this will be another really big win for him

BuckyIsAB****
09-15-2019, 09:03 PM
That auburn game was the most impressed I've been with our coach. Hopefully this will be another really big win for him

Moorhead made a decision last year. He decided that putting in his system and running what he wanted instead of what those kids could do would be better for the program long term. If he didnt last year would have been year 0 if that makes sense, and this year would have been year 1.

If you make that decision it damn sure better look better the next year. So far the results have been mixed at best. With Stevens you could see at times we were a pretty dangerous offense, a big time step up in the passing game. Without Stevens we might as well be back with Fitzgerald playing.

Moorhead made that call last year, and I know injuries suck but injuries happen everywhere. We are gonna see how good of a coach he is this weekend. He has got to put all the cards on the table in my opinion.

Commercecomet24
09-15-2019, 09:07 PM
Lot of strong points in this thread especially from you Bucky. I just cannot believe if tommy was 100% Saturday we don't win that game. The ball was sailing and he doesn't throw those ints or miss Guidry for a td if he's 100%.

Bothrops
09-15-2019, 09:10 PM
I'd start Tommy against Kentucky, but if he has to come out, I wouldn't play him against Auburn so he can be 100% against Tennessee, which is not till Oct 12th.

Coach007
09-15-2019, 09:12 PM

I pulled for Mullen because Mullen was MSU. He was our coach, he knew what he needed and did a good job. WOuld have loved for him to stay. Not my call though.

Having said that, we are in this situation in part due to him. After this season, there will be only 1 guy at DT that was recruited by Mullen. Right now there is only 2 guys at DT that Mullen recruited able to play this season.. and one isn't good enough to beat out a freshman.

Coach007
09-15-2019, 09:18 PM
But with all the injuries and suspensions, they had more talent than we did Saturday and they didnt make the mistakes we did.

With injuries and suspensions I believe we have less than 65 players. 7 of those are Punters and Kickers.

Todd4State
09-15-2019, 09:29 PM

I don't think that's a wise decision for the program, the team, or Tommy. Moorhead isn't going to get fired if he loses to UK Saturday. People will be pissed, upset, concerned, and etc. However, if Tommy gets hurt and is out for the year any hopes that we have of even going to a bowl are gone. Even losing to UK there is a path to a bowl for us. Because as you mentioned- Shrader isn't ready. There's a big difference between going 6-6 with a Birmingham Bowl bid and going 3-9 in the big picture of things.

Todd4State
09-15-2019, 09:30 PM
With injuries and suspensions I believe we have less than 65 players. 7 of those are Punters and Kickers.

Why in the hell do we have that many kickers on scholarship?

BuckyIsAB****
09-15-2019, 10:08 PM
I pulled for Mullen because Mullen was MSU. He was our coach, he knew what he needed and did a good job. WOuld have loved for him to stay. Not my call though.

Having said that, we are in this situation in part due to him. After this season, there will be only 1 guy at DT that was recruited by Mullen. Right now there is only 2 guys at DT that Mullen recruited able to play this season.. and one isn't good enough to beat out a freshman.

There are things to be mad at Mullen about but DL recruiting aint one of them

Coach007
09-15-2019, 10:31 PM
There are things to be mad at Mullen about but DL recruiting aint one of them

There is DL and there is DT.

Most certainly true, Mullen's staff screwed up that up. There are no Jrs and 1 So. After one season being gone, there was nothing left.

Cooterpoot
09-15-2019, 10:39 PM
Why in the hell do we have that many kickers on scholarship?

We dont.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-15-2019, 11:28 PM

Yes, if Stevens was healthy we win. No question in my mind about it.

But that doesn't explain the A) lack of physicality, B) the entire team save Shrader quitting before the clock ran out of a 1 score game, or C) the truly horrible ST play. All of that's on Moorhead. Seriously though, what WRs can't be bothered to run routes at the end of a 1 score game? I've never seen that before. What does that say about our culture that we gave up harder than any team I've ever seen?

With few less injuries we beat KState. KState is a decent club. Our program is going downhill. All of those statements can be true at the same time, and I believe they are

BuckyIsAB****
09-15-2019, 11:45 PM
Yes, if Stevens was healthy we win. No question in my mind about it.

But that doesn't explain the A) lack of physicality, B) the entire team save Shrader quitting before the clock ran out of a 1 score game, or C) the truly horrible ST play. All of that's on Moorhead. Seriously though, what WRs can't be bothered to run routes at the end of a 1 score game? I've never seen that before. What does that say about our culture that we gave up harder than any team I've ever seen?

With few less injuries we beat KState. KState is a decent club. Our program is going downhill. All of those statements can be true at the same time, and I believe they are

The special teams is worse bc we are having to play worse players or tired players due to the suspensions. I dont think there was a lack of physicality. We outrushed them. They also never respected the pass when Shrader was in bc they knew he cant beat them from the pocket. Our LBs and safeties have to be better, particularly against play action (both of those spots are hurt by suspensions and injury) and the end of the game was a shit show. No doubt we looked like we had no clue or that we didnt care. I think the WRs were expecting Shrader to spike it but he didnt. That is a kid who is really in over his head but he plays hard. He is going to be a good one but that was a big mistake. This time last year he was playing at a small private school against a bunch of inferior athletes.

Saban would have problems right now with the laundry list of shit we have going on.

Maroonthirteen
09-16-2019, 05:39 AM
Nobody “quit” on Shrader or their teammates at the end of the game.

Everyone In The stadium was expecting Shrader to spike the ball and kill the clock. No idea why he didn’t. But it was obvious everyone on the field expected him to spike it.