PDA

View Full Version : So here's a question, who do you get ready to play QB against Kentucky?

Red Sox Dawg
09-15-2019, 10:35 AM
Is Stevens hurt? Could Shrader be serviceable against Kentucky with a smaller playbook and more practice reps? Should KT get a chance? What is your game plan against Kentucky?

I would throw on first down and run some screens to slow the Kentucky D and make them play the field. Quick passes. Also would spread the field, the bunched tight formations are not working well. Spread the field out for Shrader to work. Yes, I start the Freshmens Beard against Kentucky. I think Tommy is hurt.

Sparrows2
09-15-2019, 10:42 AM
Is Stevens hurt? Could Shrader be serviceable against Kentucky with a smaller playbook and more practice reps? Should KT get a chance? What is your game plan against Kentucky?

I would throw on first down and run some screens to slow the Kentucky D and make them play the field. Quick passes. Also would spread the field, the bunched tight formations are not working well. Spread the field out for Shrader to work. Yes, I start the Freshmens Beard against Kentucky. I think Tommy is hurt.

If Stevens shoulder isn’t better you start the talented freshman and hope you get the talent not the freshman. I assume there is either some issue with Mayden or else Shraeder is beating the breaks off of him in practice

WinningIsRelentless
09-15-2019, 10:52 AM
Schrader gets the first chance then KT if he struggles. TS should be done for.

bluelightstar
09-15-2019, 11:40 AM
It should be KT but that would require some humble pie.

Quaoarsking
09-15-2019, 11:42 AM
The KT fanboys are going to say him, and everyone else is going to say Shrader unless Stevens is at 100%.

dantheman4248
09-15-2019, 12:03 PM
It ain’t about what I would do, it’s about what’s best to succeed under what Moorhead’s gonna do. So I just pray Tommy can go and is 100%. If not, Moorhead won’t adjust to win. He’s too stubborn because he knows how high of a ceiling his system has.

What he *SHOULD* do if Tommy isn’t ready to go is hire someone else to strictly call plays that is good with working with less talented personnel. Shrink the playbook. Cut out the presnap read and decision making being given to a true freshman QB and RTGDFB 50+ times. Shrader with 10 or so, Kylin with 30 or so, Witherspoon with 5 or so, Gibson with 5 or so, and maybe a jet sweep or reverse to a receiver once or twice. Sprinkle in bubble screens, a couple of PA bombs a quarter and keep everything simple and grinding. Also pick up the pace when you have physical runs. Get right back up to the line and punch them in the mouth again. No rest for the weary. That’s what the plan should be when we have a QB who is not fully ready for the complexity of the Moorhead system.

starkvegasdawg
09-15-2019, 12:31 PM

What, exactly, has KT to make you think he deserves to start? Is it when he throws for 135 yards against some FCS school? Can he run? Yes. Absolutely. Can he throw? He can't hit water from a boat half the time.

chef dixon
09-15-2019, 12:43 PM
What, exactly, has KT to make you think he deserves to start? Is it when he throws for 135 yards against some FCS school? Can he run? Yes. Absolutely. Can he throw? He can't hit water from a boat half the time.

Neither can Shrader from what we've seen

Coach007
09-15-2019, 12:48 PM

Kt is done at MS ST unless it's an emergency. The only reason KT is still here is the staff is helping transition instead of throwing him out.

He isn't going to play KT over Shrader because KT is done. You want the experience.

wild_dawg
09-15-2019, 03:00 PM
TS looked good in the first half, his injury seemed to bother him in the 2nd half. Hopefully with another week of recovery he'll be good to go for a full game against UK. I start TS and go with GS if TS struggles. I feel like GS finds a way to win if bring him in with the lead. A comeback win is a tough ask for a true freshman.

starkvegasdawg
09-15-2019, 03:46 PM
Neither can Shrader from what we've seen

He's shown more potential than KT ever has.

chef dixon
09-15-2019, 03:50 PM
He's shown more potential than KT ever has.

That's entirely subjective to this point

trojandawg
09-15-2019, 03:51 PM
Shrader looked good, but let?s not forget KT won a bowl game and looked good doing it too with a skeleton staff and facing off against a heismsn winner. He is 2-0. Tommy is 2-1. Shrader is 0-0 because he hasn?t started yet. Moorhead wouldn?t start him because he doesn?t know how to use him. Moorhead has zero innovation in his thick skull. Offensive genius my ass.

Maroonthirteen
09-15-2019, 03:56 PM
Shrader. The only guy you can count on at this point. Also he badly needs first team reps in practice. So when he finds himself in the 2 minute drill or 4th and long.... he is prepared.

MaroonFlounder
09-15-2019, 03:57 PM
Youth movement time. Shrader deserves to start. Stevens is hurt just enough to be a liability. Plus, he doesn't have that inner timer that a QB needs. He will get clobbered vs SEC teams.

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2019, 03:58 PM
Gotta go with Stevens if he's healthy. He's by far the best option for this team right now when healthy.

That being said, his fragility is a real issue. Your greatest ability is your availability.

DownwardDawg
09-15-2019, 04:02 PM
Gotta go with Stevens if he's healthy. He's by far the best option for this team right now when healthy.

That being said, his fragility is a real issue. Your greatest ability is your availability.

This all day. And then Shrader if Tommy can’t go.

Jack Lambert
09-15-2019, 04:07 PM
If Stevens shoulder isn’t better you start the talented freshman and hope you get the talent not the freshman. I assume there is either some issue with Mayden or else Shraeder is beating the breaks off of him in practice

On that scoring drive Shraeder did some stupid freshman stuff that he got lucky on. He is going to be great but I worry about him being a true freshman. I would start KT if Stevens can't go.

Todd4State
09-15-2019, 04:10 PM
It ain’t about what I would do, it’s about what’s best to succeed under what Moorhead’s gonna do. So I just pray Tommy can go and is 100%. If not, Moorhead won’t adjust to win. He’s too stubborn because he knows how high of a ceiling his system has.

What he *SHOULD* do if Tommy isn’t ready to go is hire someone else to strictly call plays that is good with working with less talented personnel. Shrink the playbook. Cut out the presnap read and decision making being given to a true freshman QB and RTGDFB 50+ times. Shrader with 10 or so, Kylin with 30 or so, Witherspoon with 5 or so, Gibson with 5 or so, and maybe a jet sweep or reverse to a receiver once or twice. Sprinkle in bubble screens, a couple of PA bombs a quarter and keep everything simple and grinding. Also pick up the pace when you have physical runs. Get right back up to the line and punch them in the mouth again. No rest for the weary. That’s what the plan should be when we have a QB who is not fully ready for the complexity of the Moorhead system.

I agree. What I would do is not announce who the QB will be until game time. I would rest Tommy and get both Shrader and KT ready and play whichever one looks best. And would probably honestly play both. But I would be leaning heavily on Hill this week and next. We need to get Gibson back too. He would help immensely.

Kt is done at MS ST unless it's an emergency. The only reason KT is still here is the staff is helping transition instead of throwing him out.

He isn't going to play KT over Shrader because KT is done. You want the experience.

Well, it's an emergency.

Todd4State
09-15-2019, 04:11 PM
On that scoring drive Shraeder did some stupid freshman stuff that he got lucky on. He is going to be great but I worry about him being a true freshman. I would start KT if Stevens can't go.

Exactly. Which is why I would get KT ready too.

Jarius
09-15-2019, 04:12 PM

Yesterday was an emergency, boss. If you aren’t going to play the best player because you are scared to piss that player off then kick the guy off the team. He is useless. When the hell did a player get to tell a coach when he is and is not going to play? Jesus.

TrapGame
09-15-2019, 04:18 PM
Shrader is the future. Take your lumps this season and learn. It will payoff big time next season.

Sparrows2
09-15-2019, 04:22 PM
Yesterday was an emergency, boss. If you aren?t going to play the best player because you are scared to piss that player off then kick the guy off the team. He is useless. When the hell did a player get to tell a coach when he is and is not going to play? Jesus.

Unless Key is also caught up in Tutor gate
You can un suspend him at halftime

Todd4State
09-15-2019, 04:23 PM
Unless Key is also caught up in Tutor gate
You can un suspend him at halftime

If he was we still have four games to use him at this point at least.

bluelightstar
09-15-2019, 04:27 PM
Shrader is the future. Take your lumps this season and learn. It will payoff big time next season.

A bowl game is still the goal, right? In my view you don’t sacrifice the season and go youth movement until you can’t reach a bowl. Until then, you play the QB who can get you there.

Sparrows2
09-15-2019, 04:38 PM
A bowl game is still the goal, right? In my view you don?t sacrifice the season and go youth movement until you can?t reach a bowl. Until then, you play the QB who can get you there.

Agreed but I haven?t seen proof that Key or Mayden can complete more than 50% of their passes

Dawg61
09-15-2019, 04:39 PM
I'd start KT cause I want to win.

bluelightstar
09-15-2019, 04:41 PM
Agreed but I haven?t seen proof that Key or Mayden can complete more than 50% of their passes

Well, Shrader couldn’t do it either. Not a single passing yard in the 4th quarter. He will get better with time (maybe?) but we are going to struggle to score at all with him now.

chef dixon
09-15-2019, 04:44 PM

Yep, but I don't think Joe has the balls to swallow his pride and do it at this point. And now he is supposedly injured? Or part of tutor gate? Who knows but the whole situation of our team so far under his watch, especially heading into this season, reeks of amateur hour.

Sparrows2
09-15-2019, 04:50 PM
Yep, but I don't think Joe has the balls to swallow his pride and do it at this point. And now he is supposedly injured? Or part of tutor gate? Who knows but the whole situation of our team so far under his watch, especially heading into this season, reeks of amateur hour.

You get that Key is a 40% something passer right?
I mean that’s abysmal as we saw from shraeder
If I KNOW that’s what I get from Key and I like most offenses need 60% to keep defenses from putting 8 or 9 in the box let’s roll the dice with the freshman or Mayden
Assuming Stevens is hurt

Coach007
09-15-2019, 04:56 PM
Yesterday was an emergency, boss. If you aren’t going to play the best player because you are scared to piss that player off then kick the guy off the team. He is useless. When the hell did a player get to tell a coach when he is and is not going to play? Jesus.

Yesterday was not an emergency. The plan is for KT to transfer and nothing is changing that. Nothing.

Our staff is trying g to help a kid that has been here. We are doing the right thing for him. Shrader is the #2 guy and that is all there is to it

chef dixon
09-15-2019, 04:56 PM
You get that Key is a 40% something passer right?
I mean that’s abysmal as we saw from shraeder
If I KNOW that’s what I get from Key and I like most offenses need 60% to keep defenses from putting 8 or 9 in the box let’s roll the dice with the freshman or Mayden
Assuming Stevens is hurt

I'm well aware of that fact. The board loves to bring up at every opportunity. He only has 60 something pass attempts in his career. Its just not enough to know how he will perform if he played right now. I do know he has produced points when he plays and the stats back that up. Don't look now but Shrader already has 1/3 of the pass attempts of KT and is coming in at 47%, and a cool 33% yesterday.

Coach007
09-15-2019, 04:58 PM

Has zero to do with pride. Lmao!!!

CadaverDawg
We lost to KState so it's not like we'll be playing for the West this year....so I'm getting a head start on the future and starting the Freshman the rest of the way regardless of Stevens' health. I like Tommy but he looks scared against that D several times yesterday, while Shrader couldn't have looked more fearless.

The more experience Shrader gets this year, the less bumps he takes next year, so he is my QB1 the rest of the way.

Cooterpoot
I mean, we couldn?t even complete a damn pass in the 4th qtr with Shrader. Why anyone thinks he?s ready to play amazes me. Had he been ready, we?d have thrown it.

dantheman4248
09-15-2019, 05:00 PM
I mean, we couldn?t even complete a damn pass in the 4th qtr with Shrader. Why anyone thinks he?s ready to play amazes me. Had he been ready, we?d have thrown it.

Problem the 4th quarter was we did throw it...

CadaverDawg
09-15-2019, 05:01 PM

If you want to see a duplicate of last season's offense, that's what KT will be. I dont know why so many fail to realize that without a QB that can complete 60+%, Joe's O doesn't work. It's not KT's fault, but it is what it is. Shrader is our best chance to win behind Stevens as long as Circus Show Joe is our head coach.

chef dixon
09-15-2019, 05:02 PM
Has zero to do with pride. Lmao!!!

Seems like it does. Joe has made his decisions. Its pretty obvious at this point KT isn't going to play, I'm not arguing that so you can relax.

CadaverDawg

What do we have to lose?

bluelightstar
If you want to see a duplicate of last season's offense, that's what KT will be. I dont know why so many fail to realize that without a QB that can complete 60+%, Joe's O doesn't work. It's not KT's fault, but it is what it is. Shrader is our best chance to win behind Stevens as long as Circus Show Joe is our head coach.

Our offense with Shrader yesterday was also a repeat of last year’s offense...

Coach007
09-15-2019, 05:06 PM
Seems like it does. Joe has made his decisions. Its pretty obvious at this point KT isn't going to play, I'm not arguing that so you can relax.

No no. Tommy won... KT made HIS decision and Moorhead is honoring that while helping him.

Jarius
09-15-2019, 05:06 PM
Yesterday was not an emergency. The plan is for KT to transfer and nothing is changing that. Nothing.

Our staff is trying g to help a kid that has been here. We are doing the right thing for him. Shrader is the #2 guy and that is all there is to it

If the goal is to win the game it was very much an emergency. If you think Shrader is a better quarterback than KT right now you are completely lost.

CadaverDawg
09-15-2019, 05:07 PM
Our offense with Shrader yesterday was also a repeat of last year’s offense...

Not really. Shrader has at least shown the ability to complete passes. We all know Keytaon is not starting next year, Shrader is. And most of us already know that KT is transferring at the end of the year. So why the hell would you even want to put KT in? It's not like Joe is going to suddenly start calling a Mullen QB run offense...and we saw what Fitz did in this offense last year. KT is not a good passer, so it will be more of the same.

Jarius
09-15-2019, 05:08 PM

Shrader is not our best chance to win if TS is hurt. Not even close. Did you watch him play football yesterday? He is nowhere near ready. KT is not a good quarterback and he is ten times the qb of Shrader at this point in their careers.

Coach007
09-15-2019, 05:08 PM
Had KT not entered the portal and was going to be here, KT would have played almost as much as Stevens... but that was KT's decision

Coach007
09-15-2019, 05:10 PM
If the goal is to win the game it was very much an emergency. If you think Shrader is a better quarterback than KT right now you are completely lost.

I do think he is. And even if not, I 100% agree with playing the people who are going g to be here next year.

KT made his decision. It was HIS to make.

chef dixon
09-15-2019, 05:12 PM
No no. Tommy won... KT made HIS decision and Moorhead is honoring that while helping him.

We've been over this, but there was no competition. Joe made the decision KT would never be his QB when he started searching the transfer portal. Joe made his bed and now he has to live with it... so far looks like he's shitting all over it.

CadaverDawg
09-15-2019, 05:12 PM
Shrader is not our best chance to win if TS is hurt. Not even close. Did you watch him play football yesterday? He is nowhere near ready. KT is not a good quarterback and he is ten times the qb of Shrader at this point in their careers.

Laughable. In THIS offense, Shrader gives us a better chance to win, and also gives us a better chance of not having to watch us lose to shit teams next year like we're going to this year. KT playing this season is the equivalent of bringing Nick back.....not going to win you any more games, and will only set us back further going into next year. And I'm already tired of watching this shit, so whatever helps us not have to see this next year, I'm all for it.

Sparrows2
09-15-2019, 05:15 PM

Can you cite metric as to why you think Key is better?
Or is it strictly on the eye of the beholder?
Because Schrader has completed 48% of his passes this year and key completed 46% last year

CadaverDawg
09-15-2019, 05:16 PM
Had KT not entered the portal and was going to be here, KT would have played almost as much as Stevens.

This couldn't be more false. Haha even for you this is a silly statement

Coach007
09-15-2019, 05:17 PM
We've been over this, but there was no competition. Joe made the decision KT would never be his QB when he started searching the transfer portal. Joe made his bed and now he has to live with it... so far looks like he's shitting all over it.

Then KT should have stepped up his game. Period. We lost a tough game and played a ton of true freshmen. I am happy about the future.

I am sure Moorhead is happy to have gotten the next Qb for Penn St to follow him. He knows what he needs and you dont get a say.

Sparrows2
09-15-2019, 05:17 PM

Again and again
Key completed 46% of his passes last year
He’ll yeah we checked the transfer portal
Should have been fired if he didn’t

Coach007
09-15-2019, 05:19 PM
This couldn't be more false. Haha even for you this is a silly statement

100% certain had he not entered the portal, he would be the 2

Todd4State
09-15-2019, 05:19 PM
Again and again

Yes- it was pretty much either go with a guy that fits Dan's offense more and was under 50% for his career or go with a true freshman. Getting Stevens was the right decision.

CadaverDawg
09-15-2019, 05:20 PM
Because Schrader has completed 48% of his passes this year and key completed 46% last year

Exactly. I love KT just like everyone else....but Shrader is the better QB. If Mullen's system were being run, he wouldn't be, but in Joe's he is. And it's not really even close.

CadaverDawg
09-15-2019, 05:20 PM
100% certain had he not entered the portal, he would be the 2

That's not what you said

chef dixon
09-15-2019, 05:21 PM
Then KT should have stepped up his game. Period. We lost a tough game and played a ton of true freshmen. I am happy about the future.

I am sure Moorhead is happy to have gotten the next Qb for Penn St to follow him. He knows what he needs and you dont get a say.

I'm not asking for a say. Where do you even get that from? He's getting paid to do this, not me. I'm just pointing out its not going so well for him.

chef dixon
09-15-2019, 05:24 PM
Again and again

I never said it was the wrong decision to look for a QB. I am saying that Joe put his eggs in that basket and we looked like shit yesterday, no better than any game I ever saw KT play significant minutes in.

Sparrows2
09-15-2019, 05:29 PM
I never said it was the wrong decision to look for a QB. I am saying that Joe put his eggs in that basket and we looked like shit yesterday, no better than any game I ever saw KT play significant minutes in.

So I get your point and the only explanation as to why Schrader and not Key is against USM he flashed the talent by going 7/11, something I have never seen Key do.
Yesterday we got the freshman look not the talent look

Jarius
09-15-2019, 05:30 PM
Laughable. In THIS offense, Shrader gives us a better chance to win, and also gives us a better chance of not having to watch us lose to shit teams next year like we're going to this year. KT playing this season is the equivalent of bringing Nick back.....not going to win you any more games, and will only set us back further going into next year. And I'm already tired of watching this shit, so whatever helps us not have to see this next year, I'm all for it.

Laughable? What in the world? He is a true freshman that is completely lost. He doesn’t even know how to run a 2 minute offense yet. Running the football with 30 seconds left in the game. Nick was fine against bad defenses last year. His problem was against good defenses. We were not playing a good defense yesterday and KT would have more than likely performed much better. We were 2-0 going into the game. Throwing in the towel and building for next year was completely ridiculous.

Sparrows2
09-15-2019, 05:33 PM
Laughable? What in the world? He is a true freshman that is completely lost. He doesn’t even know how to run a 2 minute offense yet. Running the football with 30 seconds left in the game. Nick was fine against bad defenses last year. His problem was against good defenses. We were not playing a good defense yesterday and KT would have more than likely performed much better. We were 2-0 going into the game. Throwing in the towel and building for next year was completely ridiculous.
He didn’t look lost against USM
With talented freshmen sometimes you get the talent sometimes you get the freshman

chef dixon
09-15-2019, 05:34 PM
So I get your point and the only explanation as to why Schrader and not Key is against USM he flashed the talent by going 7/11, something I have never seen Key do.
Yesterday we got the freshman look not the talent look

With that said, I'm not expecting KT to play. I do think we need to roll with Shrader the rest of the way for the future. Joe also needs to open up the playbook with him some and needs to cut out the designed QB runs or we won't have any QBs left. I've been really disappointed in his lack of creativity.

Jarius
09-15-2019, 05:35 PM

The metric of him being a junior and his second year in the offense and the metric of everyone who keeps up with MSU football knowing Shrader was way down the depth chart throughout fall camp. Hell Joe even said during fall camp reports that the battle for qb1 was between the 2 older quarterbacks. KT is not playing because of other reasons. It is not because Shrader is ahead of him in being a better qb right now.

Jarius
09-15-2019, 05:36 PM
He didn’t look lost against USM
With talented freshmen sometimes you get the talent sometimes you get the freshman

Kansas State would beat USM by 4 touchdowns. We were not playing USM yesterday. We needed to try and win the game. If KT is not going to play he needs to get off the team.

Sparrows2
09-15-2019, 05:43 PM
Kansas State would beat USM by 4 touchdowns. We were not playing USM yesterday. We needed to try and win the game. If KT is not going to play he needs to get off the team.

I decided to not bash players but simply say shraeder looks like the better QB to me

CadaverDawg
09-15-2019, 05:47 PM
Laughable? What in the world? He is a true freshman that is completely lost. He doesn?t even know how to run a 2 minute offense yet. Running the football with 30 seconds left in the game. Nick was fine against bad defenses last year. His problem was against good defenses. We were not playing a good defense yesterday and KT would have more than likely performed much better. We were 2-0 going into the game. Throwing in the towel and building for next year was completely ridiculous.

Yes, laughable, because you're speculating. You have no way of knowing KT would be better. But Shrader hasn't looked that bad, and is 100% the future...not KT. I would have more confidence in Shrader beating UK than I would KT, because I saw what a Mullen QB looked like in Joe's system last year vs UK....no thanks.

BrunswickDawg
09-15-2019, 05:49 PM
Why do I feel like we are arguing about whether we should be playing Kyle York or Mike Henig

Jarius
09-15-2019, 05:52 PM
Yes, laughable, because you're speculating. You have no way of knowing KT would be better. But Shrader hasn't looked that bad, and is 100% the future...not KT. I would have more confidence in Shrader beating UK than I would KT, because I saw what a Mullen QB looked like in Joe's system last year vs UK....no thanks.

I am making a very educated guess based on the talk of anyone in the know of our quarterback competition throughout the spring and fall. Shrader was not even on the radar to be the second team quarterback until KT quit the team. Kentucky is average on defense. Our quarterback did fine against average defenses last year. They are not last year’s Kentucky defense just like we are not last year’s MSU defense.

Sparrows2
09-15-2019, 05:55 PM
Why do I feel like we are arguing about whether we should be playing Kyle York or Mike Henig

It’s a fair question except I don’t think those guys ever had offers from Bama, Florida and Penn state.
But then neither did Dak so as I say it’s a fair question

bluelightstar
09-15-2019, 05:55 PM

I disagree. He looked bad yesterday after his first drive. He isn’t ready and we are not going to a bowl game if he is the starter. Maybe KT isn’t going to get us there either but I would like to find out. We had a 2-man QB race between Stevens and KT and Shrader was not on the radar at all. Now suddenly he’s so good that KT can’t play? No way is that what is actually going on here.

Bothrops
09-15-2019, 05:59 PM
Would start Tommy but make it clear to communicate his pain level to me as he gets deeper into the game. At the first report of not being comfortable, or a couple of bad throws, he sits for the rest of the game, and doesn't play next week at all. Then you go with Shrader.

CadaverDawg
09-15-2019, 06:00 PM
Agree to disagree. I'm not interested in a 7-5 shitty offense with KT who won't be here next year over a 6-6 shitty offense with our future at QB getting valuable experience. But that's just me.

Commercecomet24
09-15-2019, 06:01 PM
Agree to disagree. I'm not interested in a 7-5 shitty offense with KT who won't be here next year over a 6-6 shitty offense with our future at QB getting valuable experience. But that's just me.

CD always just lays it out there. Rep my man!

bluelightstar
09-15-2019, 06:01 PM

I actually agree with you in principle. I just didn’t see enough from Shrader to make me think he’s getting us to 6-6.

Sparrows2
09-15-2019, 06:03 PM
I disagree. He looked bad yesterday after his first drive. He isn?t ready and we are not going to a bowl game if he is the starter. Maybe KT isn?t going to get us there either but I would like to find out. We had a 2-man QB race between Stevens and KT and Shrader was not on the radar at all. Now suddenly he?s so good that KT can?t play? No way is that what is actually going on here.

I think Joe was being respectful of Key.
I think Keys fate was sealed last year when he went 13 of 31 against SFA
I think Joe was done with him at that point

CadaverDawg
09-15-2019, 06:09 PM
I think Joe was being respectful of Key.
I think Keys fate was sealed last year when he went 13 of 31 against SFA
I think Joe was done with him at that point

I agree

Jarius
09-15-2019, 06:17 PM

Are you interested in 4-8 or 3-9 with no bowl game because if we get similar qb play to yesterday that’s what we are looking at. And Tommy Stevens won’t be here next year either but no one has a problem with him playing if he is not injured. Throwing the season down the drain in week 3 is just insane.

CadaverDawg
09-15-2019, 06:27 PM
Are you interested in 4-8 or 3-9 with no bowl game because if we get similar qb play to yesterday that’s what we are looking at. And Tommy Stevens won’t be here next year either but no one has a problem with him playing if he is not injured. Throwing the season down the drain in week 3 is just insane.

Actually I said I'd go Shrader even if Stevens is healthy. And there's no way of knowing KT will get us bowl eligible any more than Shrader.

Cooterpoot
09-15-2019, 06:37 PM
Stevens is better than Shrader when healthy. We won?t win 6 games with Shrader.

Jack Lambert
09-15-2019, 06:38 PM

I'm impress that Hill still had a 100 plus yards rushing.

CadaverDawg
09-15-2019, 06:44 PM
Stevens is better than Shrader when healthy. We won?t win 6 games with Shrader.

Didn't say Stevens wasn't better than Shrader. But if we're going to look like ass regardless, go ahead and throw in the rookie and let him take his lumps. That's all I was saying.

msstate7
09-15-2019, 06:53 PM
Didn't say Stevens wasn't better than Shrader. But if we're going to look like ass regardless, go ahead and throw in the rookie and let him take his lumps. That's all I was saying.

I agree. Go ahead and let shoop take over HC too during this youth movement haha

Maroonthirteen
09-15-2019, 06:56 PM
Why is going with Shrader a youth movement?

Stevens is hurt. It was obvious Saturday.

Those in the know, have layed it out for us regarding KT.
Mayden .... tutorgate

Shrader has to take snaps with the 1s this week.

Sparrows2
09-15-2019, 07:01 PM
I agree. Go ahead and let shoop take over HC too during this youth movement haha

Yes that would be the most MSU move ever
We finally are able to attract high quality QB?s something that has held us back for literally decades despite fielding decent defenses
So let?s turn the program over to a defensive coach so we can return to those days

msstate7
09-15-2019, 07:07 PM
Yes that would be the most MSU move ever
We finally are able to attract high quality QB?s something that has held us back for literally decades despite fielding decent defenses
So let?s turn the program over to a defensive coach so we can return to those days

Pop a Xanax. I was playing, thus the haha

Dawg61
09-15-2019, 07:57 PM

I think KT is better than Schrader right now. KT also already has about a half dozen school records in just 2.75 games. How many does Schrader have?

timotheus
09-15-2019, 08:11 PM
JoMO don't like KT just like he didn't like aeris williams because he was flashy and quick enough. KT will be attending school somewhere else next year.