PDA

View Full Version : Was Stevens hurt or benched?

Jack Lambert
09-15-2019, 10:21 AM
I was at the game and he went into the tent and never saw the field again. Last night while watching Mullen almost Mullen a game away to KY, the ESPN ticker said he was benched.

VandelayIndustries
09-15-2019, 10:23 AM
Saw that on the Ticker as well, he was hurt though. He was overthrowing everything

Red Sox Dawg
09-15-2019, 10:25 AM
He looked hurt and appeared to be protecting his shoulder. Either way he needed to come out.

TrapGame
09-15-2019, 10:27 AM
He favored that shoulder on the sideline the rest of game.

Sparrows2
09-15-2019, 10:29 AM
I was at the game and he went into the tent and never saw the field again. Last night while watching Mullen almost Mullen a game away to KY, the ESPN ticker said he was benched.

He was hurt tried to play and gut it out, was terrible because he was hurt and was benched because he was terrible

So the answer to your question was he hurt or benched is yes

RiverCityDawg
09-15-2019, 11:08 AM
Hurt and tried to give it a go because our other options are a quitter, a cheater and a true freshman that's not ready. Became clear the true freshman was worth a try because his injury was impacting his ability to get the ball to receivers and it was getting worse. "If's ands and but's", but had he been 100% I think we would probably have won.

Rick Danko
09-15-2019, 11:09 AM
Watching on TV it was obvious his shoulder was not 100%. Then right before halftime (and before he made a great throw to Mitchell for TD so my argument may be dumb) he was targeted and the defender clearly went for his shoulder. Now, I?m sure I?ll get eviscerated for this, but seems like a good thread to point out, we lost the 17?ing game, maybe just maybe KSU was a decent team with a good coach, while we had to throw our true freshman out there. On top of that, our defense is missing 3 key starters on a already depleted defense that lost three first rounders and probably 90% of the starting snaps on d line from last year. But yeah, let?s fire the ****ing coach over a loss to a power 5 school. Some people on this board are delusional and need to get a ****ing life. I?m sorry, edit this post, ban me, I don?t care. I am so damn sick of our fan base and their constant negativity....

DownwardDawg
09-15-2019, 11:45 AM
He was still hurt from last week. It was obvious watching on tv from the first play. But he really looked hurt on that last play when he got hit as he slid. He grabbed at his shoulder and was noticeably in pain.

Gutter Cobreh
09-15-2019, 11:51 AM
Watching on TV it was obvious his shoulder was not 100%. Then right before halftime (and before he made a great throw to Mitchell for TD so my argument may be dumb) he was targeted and the defender clearly went for his shoulder. Now, I?m sure I?ll get eviscerated for this, but seems like a good thread to point out, we lost the 17?ing game, maybe just maybe KSU was a decent team with a good coach, while we had to throw our true freshman out there. On top of that, our defense is missing 3 key starters on a already depleted defense that lost three first rounders and probably 90% of the starting snaps on d line from last year. But yeah, let?s fire the ****ing coach over a loss to a power 5 school. Some people on this board are delusional and need to get a ****ing life. I?m sorry, edit this post, ban me, I don?t care. I am so damn sick of our fan base and their constant negativity....

Great post! Have some rep.!

BuckyIsAB****
09-15-2019, 11:56 AM
Hurt and tried to give it a go because our other options are a quitter, a cheater and a true freshman that's not ready. Became clear the true freshman was worth a try because his injury was impacting his ability to get the ball to receivers and it was getting worse. "If's ands and but's", but had he been 100% I think we would probably have won.

KT is also in tutor gate too so I guess you can say a quitter and a cheater

Irondawg
09-15-2019, 12:49 PM
You sure KT is in the tutor situation - he wasn’t announced as a suspension

Matt3467
09-15-2019, 01:44 PM
Stevens shouldn't be playing next week vs Kentucky. Maybe week 5 but he needs 2 weeks minimum before I'd feel comfortable seeing him back out there.

TNDawg35
09-15-2019, 01:44 PM

This is the first time I have seen someone speak the truth on the whole QB thing...

AROB44
09-15-2019, 01:50 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Rick Danko again.

MaroonFlounder
09-15-2019, 05:08 PM
KT is also in tutor gate too so I guess you can say a quitter and a cheater

KT is not a tutor gate casualty.

Jack Lambert
09-15-2019, 06:01 PM
Stevens shouldn't be playing next week vs Kentucky. Maybe week 5 but he needs 2 weeks minimum before I'd feel comfortable seeing him back out there.

Double post.

Jack Lambert
09-15-2019, 06:03 PM

I agree.

yjnkdawg
09-15-2019, 07:41 PM

Great Post. Rep given.

I don't see that the overall MSU fan base is looking to fire JoeMo right now or at the end of the season. Chip Kelly is 0-3 at UCLA, and the university couldn't even get the majority of their fans to attend the Oklahoma game in the Rose Bowl when they gave tickets away. So lets use UCLA's plan*** Those wanting to fire JoeMo threads right now are coming from a few posters on message boards who are basically clueless on the whole picture, but like to attempt to show their knowledge of the situation or whatever it is. Anyway, they won't get their wish this year unless something unforeseen at this time happens. The negativity is coming from some vocal posters on MSU message boards who basically live on message boards, have their own agenda, come out of the wood work when they can talk negative about our athletic programs, or have that I'm right, and I told you so mentality.

timotheus
09-15-2019, 07:58 PM
I disagree with you yjnk sir. I have attended regularly since Emory Bellard and I think JoMo would be a genius at milsaps and that he is way way over his head in the SEC. Uk will run on us and then run some more next weekend and our offense will continue to flounder about like they have been regardless of who the QB is. This is about like what we see when we turn on the TV at 1130 on saturday night in the mountain west. It is my opinion that the players do not respect him and if they did they wouldn't display the behavior that I have now witnessed for 16 games. I hope that I am proven wrong but we will have to beat Ole Miss to win a 6th game and hopefully make another bowl game. The folks I have sat with also agree with me and are very much stand of ish about the situation.

yjnkdawg
09-15-2019, 08:36 PM
I disagree with you yjnk sir. I have attended regularly since Emory Bellard and I think JoMo would be a genius at milsaps and that he is way way over his head in the SEC. Uk will run on us and then run some more next weekend and our offense will continue to flounder about like they have been regardless of who the QB is. This is about like what we see when we turn on the TV at 1130 on saturday night in the mountain west. It is my opinion that the players do not respect him and if they did they wouldn't display the behavior that I have now witnessed for 16 games. I hope that I am proven wrong but we will have to beat Ole Miss to win a 6th game and hopefully make another bowl game. The folks I have sat with also agree with me and are very much stand of ish about the situation.

I know a lot of people who aren't happy (upset) with what has happened with some of the play calls, execution, and demeanor on the field (including me), but not wanting to go so far as fire JoeMo right now or at the end of this season. I never saw a loss coming to KSU, but the suspensions and the injuries have really messed up our rotation. I agree on the some things are on the head coach and need to be cleaned up. Especially all this on the field jawing with the other team players. Which is a lack of discipline, and should be eliminated. Those opposing players are getting in some of our players' heads, and some of our players are taking the bait. Maybe JoeMo doesn't have a tough enough demeanor to coach in the SEC, or maybe his offensive scheme won't work in the SEC? All that remains to be seen. However those who want him gone now, or at the end of this year need to tell us who we are going to hire (or who would want to come here) if JoeMo was only given two years at MSU? That's just not logical or realistic thinking. I also think JoeMo needs to evaluate our ST and S&C programs very carefully and see if we are getting what we need there (SEC Quality), and then make the necessary corrections or coaching changes needed to obtain that.