PDA

View Full Version : Now that I've had a chance to sleep on it, calm down, and gain some perspective

starkvegasdawg
09-15-2019, 10:09 AM
I'm still pissed as hell we lost. Not only lost but by and large physically dominated by a team from a conference where physicality is purely optional.

Coursesuper
09-15-2019, 10:14 AM
You could see it from the opening kick, they were the aggressor all day.

TrapGame
09-15-2019, 10:17 AM
We were more physical in the second half but by then K State knew they had us. Rumor is Joe went on a fiery F bomb rant during halftime.

Mjoelner34
09-15-2019, 10:50 AM
We were more physical in the second half but by then K State knew they had us. Rumor is Joe went on a fiery F bomb rant during halftime.

In front of the team or in front of a mirror?

Saltydog
09-15-2019, 11:09 AM
Lol, rep. given.....

starkvegasdawg
09-15-2019, 12:06 PM

https://media.makeameme.org/created/im-good-enough-5bc0cc.jpg

DownwardDawg
09-15-2019, 12:49 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to starkvegasdawg again.

TrapGame
09-15-2019, 12:51 PM

Point is, if true, Joe has problems motivating the team until he has to. Joe should've had the team foaming at the mouth ready to jump them at kick off.

State82
09-15-2019, 01:07 PM

Now that, and the TD Dak just let fly, made me spit beer everywhere.

TXDawg
09-15-2019, 01:49 PM

They didn’t “have us” until the kick return TD which was an absolute travesty of a no-call.

Before that kick return, we were up 7 and ALL of the momentum. That was a back breaker and it never should’ve happened.

Bothrops
09-15-2019, 06:18 PM
They didn’t “have us” until the kick return TD which was an absolute travesty of a no-call.

Before that kick return, we were up 7 and ALL of the momentum. That was a back breaker and it never should’ve happened.

This is correct I believe, if the kick off td doesn't happen, we win that game.

TrapGame
09-15-2019, 06:24 PM

We were looking like a bunch of quivering snatches in the first half. We play with a little blood in the eye in the first half that kick return probably wouldn't have mattered except to cut our lead enough to make more of a game.

MetEdDawg
09-15-2019, 07:21 PM
Point is, if true, Joe has problems motivating the team until he has to. Joe should've had the team foaming at the mouth ready to jump them at kick off.

Here's my question. How much should Joe have to motivate the team? I've always thought this was the sign of a bad team was one that had to be artificially motivated by external sources.

If you are putting your ass on the line in a physical game like football and can't get motivated to play and beat the guy across from younwithout someone chewing your ass, that's a personal problem, not a coaching problem.

TrapGame
09-15-2019, 08:01 PM
Here's my question. How much should Joe have to motivate the team? I've always thought this was the sign of a bad team was one that had to be artificially motivated by external sources.

If you are putting your ass on the line in a physical game like football and can't get motivated to play and beat the guy across from younwithout someone chewing your ass, that's a personal problem, not a coaching problem.

And that's what it looks like it has to take to get these guys' heads into the game. They were not focused in the first half. It was obvious.

timotheus
09-15-2019, 08:08 PM
Heck folks, JoMo isn't into the games because he just lacks the where with all to compete at this level. We have several remaining SEC games this year in which our front lines on both sides will be totally destroyed. He has no strategy other than the fact that he thinks he can run down the play clock and then catch the defense off guard. It looks real good on the dry erase board.

Bdawg
09-15-2019, 08:12 PM

That's lack of leadership. Team captains and leaders should have the pulse of the team in the locker room and should be doing something about it if they feel the vibe isn't right. But you are also right, in a physical match between two opponents, you should never have to be motivated to whip the persons ass in front of you when he is trying to whip yours.

Fader21
09-15-2019, 08:13 PM
Heck folks, JoMo isn't into the games because he just lacks the where with all to compete at this level. We have several remaining SEC games this year in which our front lines on both sides will be totally destroyed. He has no strategy other than the fact that he thinks he can run down the play clock and then catch the defense off guard. It looks real good on the dry erase board.

You think he isn't into the games because he doesn't yell and scream every time something bad happens? This is the biggest BS I have ever seen. Joe is into all the games. Also the whole waiting till play clock is over blown. I counted multiple times where the ball was snapped way before single digits were left on the play clock including 5 times where he was motioning for them to run the play faster.

timotheus
09-15-2019, 08:17 PM
I don't disagree with you on that Fader, but when the most productive plays are a result of the QB having to contort his body at an angle and then luckily find a receiver, the O just isn't working. I believe that he does think he is in fact into the games but just hasn't realized exactly what kind of animal this SEC business is. The coach speak sounds good until you have to line up against an opponent for an hour.

Todd4State
09-15-2019, 08:31 PM

That's lack of leadership. Team captains and leaders should have the pulse of the team in the locker room and should be doing something about it if they feel the vibe isn't right. But you are also right, in a physical match between two opponents, you should never have to be motivated to whip the persons ass in front of you when he is trying to whip yours.

The fact that:

1. Last year our starting QB got suspended for a game and seemed more concerned with going to beauty pageants than learning our offense.

2. We have a guy incapable of taking care of a dog.

3. We have a guy that is too irresponsible to take care of his driver's license.

4. We have a guy that got a DUI.

5. Our other back up QB got suspended.

6. We had 10 guys that were cheating on an entire class.

All says a LOT about the players currently on the team. It's pretty embarrassing as an alum. It also kind of makes me wonder if we were going down the Rick Stansbury path with Dan since he recruited pretty much every single one of those players.

BulldogBear
09-15-2019, 08:33 PM
This is correct I believe, if the kick off td doesn't happen, we win that game.

True, but I also believe if we hadn't settled for a FG on the previous drive the KO return wouldn't have mattered to anyone but betters. It would have changed the way both we and the cats had to play the rest of the game.

Bdawg
09-15-2019, 08:52 PM
The fact that:

1. Last year our starting QB got suspended for a game and seemed more concerned with going to beauty pageants than learning our offense.

2. We have a guy incapable of taking care of a dog.

3. We have a guy that is too irresponsible to take care of his driver's license.

4. We have a guy that got a DUI.

5. Our other back up QB got suspended.

6. We had 10 guys that were cheating on an entire class.

All says a LOT about the players currently on the team. It's pretty embarrassing as an alum. It also kind of makes me wonder if we were going down the Rick Stansbury path with Dan since he recruited pretty much every single one of those players.

Or could go on the flip side, maybe we do have a few leaders but are full turds( like the examples you listed)