PDA

View Full Version : Defensive stats

Madisonmd
09-15-2019, 08:30 AM
Watching game yesterday, felt like KSU did a great job controlling LOS on offense. Just looked at defensive tackle stats. Of all players that played DT for us yesterday, only 1 made a tackle! Crumedy had 2. No one else even had an assist. Tough to win the LOS scrimmage battle in that situation.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-15-2019, 08:38 AM
And yet, ultimately, we have tip 269 yards of O and only 150 on the ground. Whether the DTs held their own or not the D did fine overall

msstate7
09-15-2019, 08:41 AM
And yet, ultimately, we have tip 269 yards of O and only 150 on the ground. Whether the DTs held their own or not the D did fine overall

I was very impressed with shoop adjusting in 2nd half

Cooterpoot
09-15-2019, 08:44 AM
Jo’s baby, the offense sucked and special teams was shit show. I can give a little bit of a pass to the offense due to Steven’s injury but Joey Jones should be fired today.

timotheus
09-15-2019, 08:45 AM
Shoop is doing all that he can with the situation. No Dantzler, Autry, Gay or Murphy would stifle most Defensive units plenty.

Pollodawg
09-15-2019, 08:52 AM
What this has, you can’t fix in-season. They’re not tough, mentally or physically. When I saw Stevens throw that second INT and look over at the bench like a 5-year-old who can’t find his momma, it occurs to me that’s why he’s a career backup.
And Kylin Hill praising the team after a loss. You should be so pissed you can’t see straight. All I need to know about this program now.

We don’t hold hands. It ain’t story time. Get your crap together.

Pollodawg
09-15-2019, 08:53 AM
Shoop ain’t the problem.

Sparrows2
09-15-2019, 08:55 AM
Jo’s baby, the offense sucked and special teams was shit show. I can give a little bit of a pass to the offense due to Steven’s injury but Joey Jones should be fired today.

Actually you suck as a fan
Because you have an agenda from your air conditioned recliner
Everyone’s offense sucks when your starting QB doesn’t practice all week because he is hurt and you have to replace him with a true freshman and your offense that was completing 70% goes 11/27 and 4/14 in the second half

timotheus
09-15-2019, 08:57 AM
Couple more lack of effort and no attention to detail games and I will call for Shoop to then be the HC. Either this or he leaves and MSU is looking for a new DC in a year.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-15-2019, 09:00 AM
Everyone’s offense sucks when your starting QB doesn’t practice all week because he is hurt and you have to replace him with a true freshman and your offense that was completing 70% goes 11/27 and 4/14 in the second half

Once again, nobody is saying that the QB injury isn't part of why we lost. Most agree that if Stevens was healthy we'd win.

But Stevens being hurt doesn't explain why the OL unperformed, why the ST coach Joe hired sucks ass, or why the team literally gave up at the end in a 1 score game. All of that is on Moorhead. The fact some wide open WR's were missed I agree isn't his fault.

timotheus
09-15-2019, 09:03 AM
JO runs the O the same whether the QB is injured some or whether its a true F with limited experience and still expects to yield the same results as if he had 5 star hard nosed guys at each position. He looks a gasp after a foiled play and looks like he's wondering why that play won't work when it looked so good up on the dry erase board. The effort displayed yesterday will result in losses to both UK and UT which will then make arky and Um games be barn burners. just my thoughts yippeee

confucius say
09-15-2019, 09:14 AM
Once again, nobody is saying that the QB injury isn't part of why we lost. Most agree that if Stevens was healthy we'd win.

But Stevens being hurt doesn't explain why the OL unperformed, why the ST coach Joe hired sucks ass, or why the team literally gave up at the end in a 1 score game. All of that is on Moorhead. The fact some wide open WR's were missed I agree isn't his fault.

Why do you think the OL underperformed?

Sparrows2
09-15-2019, 09:16 AM

This has been explained adnauseum but I will try again in case your inability to understand is not an agenda
The OL is underperforming because of injuries. We have multiple different starters backups every game. OL is NOT plug and play. Its coordination of a UNIT, that’s just how OL works
Special team coaching sucked
Who the hell gave up? The offense on the last drive was disorganized because .....wait for it .....you have a true freshman as your leader on the field
No one gave up, you are mistaking leaderless with effort

Cooterpoot
09-15-2019, 09:32 AM
Everyone?s offense sucks when your starting QB doesn?t practice all week because he is hurt and you have to replace him with a true freshman and your offense that was completing 70% goes 11/27 and 4/14 in the second half

LOL, you failed reading comprehension.

Cooterpoot
09-15-2019, 09:34 AM
Why do you think the OL underperformed?

Because they did. I told you guys we still had some issues on the online before the season. I just didn’t think they’d show up vs KSU. I miss the toughness Coach Mother17r required. He sucked as a recruiter but his OL was always tough.

Coursesuper
09-15-2019, 09:37 AM
LOL, you failed reading comprehension.

To arrogant and convinced of their own " fan superiority " for such trifles.

TrapGame
09-15-2019, 09:43 AM
Shoop ain’t the problem.

Shoop is the silver lining. If he bolts after this season we better hire someone pretty damn good.

Cooterpoot
09-15-2019, 09:48 AM
We’ve got a couple coaches on this staff that straight up suck, but Shoop ain’t one of them.

confucius say
09-15-2019, 10:07 AM
Because they did. I told you guys we still had some issues on the online before the season. I just didn’t think they’d show up vs KSU. I miss the toughness Coach Mother17r required. He sucked as a recruiter but his OL was always tough.

Based on what metric?

Red Sox Dawg
09-15-2019, 11:34 AM

I don't get the lack of toughness argument. Ask the KSU player the Stewart Reese blew up if we were tough. I rewatched the game this morning. Toughness wasn't the problem. Missing blocks was the problem.