PDA

View Full Version : My two cents....

wild_dawg
09-15-2019, 07:55 AM
1. What concerns me most is not the loss itself, its the pattern with JoMo. This has been his 3rd loss where he has simply had cut and dry better talent than the other team. I can accept one every now and then, football can be weird and it happens, but three is very concerning. At the end of the day, its not acceptable.

2. We got beat on the line of scrimmage. We made several plays but overall it was not a good day. I was expecting the d-line to struggle some (although they made some nice adjustments at HT) but I did not see it coming from the O-Line.

3. The heat and lack of fans has resulted in us having no home field advantage the past 2 games. Fans at games make a difference. I know its hot and the elderly, young, and those with medical issues and shouldn't be in the heat for 3 1/2 hours but we've got to find ways to fill the stadium. Hopefully improved weather will help fix that.

4. I'm as optimistic as they come and I'm still on the JoMo train (pray for me) but I'm about to fall off. A loss next week would be it for me. Four losses to less talented teams in less than two years does not work. I do think we find a way to win next week though.

5. This has been branded as a rebuilding year for awhile, lets remember that. We played some very young players yesterday that put us in some difficult situations.

6. Garrett is going to be a stud. He looked like a freshman, but you can tell the kid has grit and talent.

7. I will be there cowbell in hand next weekend and I hope you will be too. Mississippi State is a special place so lets enjoy the 7 Saturdays a year we get, Hail State!

msstate7
09-15-2019, 07:59 AM
Kentucky is a huge game for Moorhead. Hopefully he comes up with a big win like auburn last year.

TrapGame
09-15-2019, 08:11 AM
Well stated wild dawg. I'm with you on pretty much every point. I like Joe and I want him to succeed but there are some red flags that can't be ignored at this point.

UK falling about last night gave me a sliver of hope. But, if we get skull dragged by UK I'm done.

I want to see some fire out of Joe. I want to see the offense and defense play with some swagger. This lazy nonchalant shit has to stop. I think Joe thought he was playing last years K State and he got chumped.

timotheus
09-15-2019, 08:21 AM
I figure the UK defense will key on Hill just as KSU did and then our QB situation will then doom any shot of holding on and winning in the end. Uk will play tougher than MSU. Just my opinion from sitting and watching. Joe coaches as if he is speaking in an auditorium to a group of medical students. KSU defeated MSU yesterday on more grit and simple determination.

redstickdawg
09-15-2019, 08:37 AM
Kentucky is a huge game for Moorhead. Hopefully he comes up with a big win like auburn last year.

Kentucky will skull drag this bunch, unfortunately.

timotheus
09-15-2019, 09:09 AM
KSU played D like a typical high school team would against a team with a Stud RB. They keyed on him each play and gambled with Osirous and the guys to not beat em in the end. But man o man did they outwork MSU in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

dantheman4248
09-15-2019, 09:47 AM

Unfortunately it depends on Tommy’s health I believe. We get a 100% Tommy for the whole game and we win. We don’t and Moorhead has only shown the ability to win like that twice (Auburn and A&M). Though A&M felt more like a blind squirrel finding a nut in Fitzgerald with this offense and Auburn saw Moorhead steer into the talent.

If Shrader starts then he needs to run the same attitude / game plan from Auburn last season. Do not throw a True Freshman to the wolves by letting him read defenses at the line. Call a play and simplify the game to where the only reads he should do are on DEs on option plays.

timotheus
09-15-2019, 09:52 AM
Joe won't do that though.. He is a master at making something that should be simple into something very complicated.

HoopsDawg
09-15-2019, 10:03 AM
Joe won't do that though.. He is a master at making something that should be simple into something very complicated.

This.

Dawgology
09-15-2019, 12:46 PM

The season is over and there is no bowl game. It?ll be a 4-5 win season unfortunately. Then our AD will give JoMo another season for the wheels to really come off. Then we rebuild for 3 years after that. It?s going to be awesome.

msugolf
09-15-2019, 12:52 PM
The season is over and there is no bowl game. It?ll be a 4-5 win season unfortunately. Then our AD will give JoMo another season for the wheels to really come off. Then we rebuild for 3 years after that. It?s going to be awesome.

Well when you consider the schedule flips next year and we add another road game at NCState, you aren't far off from being right.

TrapGame
09-15-2019, 12:54 PM
Well when you consider the schedule flips next year and we add another road game at NCState, you aren't far off from being right.

That NC State game could be brutal.

wild_dawg
09-15-2019, 02:53 PM

The season isn't over after one loss.

Dawgology
09-15-2019, 03:09 PM
The season isn't over after one loss.

That would be two losses since I was referring to Kentucky which would take two out of the “win column” everyone had marked down at the beginning of the year. Which teams outside of Abilene and Arkansas are worse than Kansas State this year on our schedule? Maybe Tennessee but it’s at TN and we have JoMo. We would be staring a 5 win season in the eyes. Maybe 6 wins if we take the Egg Bowl.

wild_dawg
09-15-2019, 06:28 PM
That would be two losses since I was referring to Kentucky which would take two out of the “win column” everyone had marked down at the beginning of the year. Which teams outside of Abilene and Arkansas are worse than Kansas State this year on our schedule? Maybe Tennessee but it’s at TN and we have JoMo. We would be staring a 5 win season in the eyes. Maybe 6 wins if we take the Egg Bowl.

KSU is better than Arkansas, ACU, UT, and the jury is still out on UK. They looked okay yesterday but blew it, and haven't looked impressive in the non conference. Next week will determine the trajectory of the rest of our season.

defiantdog
09-15-2019, 06:40 PM
KSU is better than Arkansas, ACU, UT, and the jury is still out on UK. They looked okay yesterday but blew it, and haven't looked impressive in the non conference. Next week will determine the trajectory of the rest of our season.

At least Kentucky's fans and team showed up yesterday. Kentucky will beat us by at least 7 points. I don't think our OL can block them, our offense won't get any momentum since it takes an hour to snap the ball, and our special teams will give them great field position all day. I don't see this team flipping a switch and playing aggressive football. They're slow and uninterested.

BuckyIsAB****
09-15-2019, 08:44 PM
1. What concerns me most is not the loss itself, its the pattern with JoMo. This has been his 3rd loss where he has simply had cut and dry better talent than the other team. I can accept one every now and then, football can be weird and it happens, but three is very concerning. At the end of the day, its not acceptable.

2. We got beat on the line of scrimmage. We made several plays but overall it was not a good day. I was expecting the d-line to struggle some (although they made some nice adjustments at HT) but I did not see it coming from the O-Line.

3. The heat and lack of fans has resulted in us having no home field advantage the past 2 games. Fans at games make a difference. I know its hot and the elderly, young, and those with medical issues and shouldn't be in the heat for 3 1/2 hours but we've got to find ways to fill the stadium. Hopefully improved weather will help fix that.

4. I'm as optimistic as they come and I'm still on the JoMo train (pray for me) but I'm about to fall off. A loss next week would be it for me. Four losses to less talented teams in less than two years does not work. I do think we find a way to win next week though.

5. This has been branded as a rebuilding year for awhile, lets remember that. We played some very young players yesterday that put us in some difficult situations.

6. Garrett is going to be a stud. He looked like a freshman, but you can tell the kid has grit and talent.

7. I will be there cowbell in hand next weekend and I hope you will be too. Mississippi State is a special place so lets enjoy the 7 Saturdays a year we get, Hail State!

With all the suspension and injuries we had we did not have the more talented team saturday. Sorry its just the truth. Take all of that and realize it took 3 turnovers and a kickoff return for a TD to beat us

BuckyIsAB****
09-15-2019, 08:46 PM
KSU played D like a typical high school team would against a team with a Stud RB. They keyed on him each play and gambled with Osirous and the guys to not beat em in the end. But man o man did they outwork MSU in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

This shows me how much you know about good high school football in this state haha

timotheus
09-15-2019, 09:09 PM
Who said it was good football sir? stuff your silly little haha business. I sat and observed exactly what KSU did on D to first and foremost limit Hill and then basically took their chances with the rest of our skill players. I see you refrained from commenting on the bad football both our front lines displayed?

HoopsDawg
09-15-2019, 09:23 PM
With all the suspension and injuries we had we did not have the more talented team saturday. Sorry its just the truth. Take all of that and realize it took 3 turnovers and a kickoff return for a TD to beat us

This post reminds me of Croom quote when he said Maine had more talent than us.

timotheus
09-15-2019, 09:26 PM
There were points during that game yesterday that felt just like the croom years........I am sick of the excuses and the fancy plays that always work on the dry erase board.

ScoobaDawg
09-16-2019, 12:57 AM
Goodness some of you have been waiting years to be able to jump off the bandwagon so fast... So long...

timotheus
09-16-2019, 05:51 AM
This offense would work as he desires if he had 5* talent at each position and I'm not too sure that will ever occur. I'll feel more comfortable when the O line can slow down the opposing D line from beating them out of their stance.

biggun
09-16-2019, 07:47 AM

Without K State?s turnovers, we would have gotten blown out of our own stadium

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-16-2019, 07:54 AM

The same could be said of our turnovers.

dantheman4248
09-16-2019, 08:02 AM

Without literally tipping the ball into the air on a dropped pass or a hurt shoulder causing our QB to drop the ball, we take 14 off the board from them and possibly add more to us. Bad take.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-16-2019, 11:32 AM
It seems that some teams are able to get in our head and I think K-State did that yesterday by "playing to the whistle". It seemed like every play we got up either complaining about something or were pushing and shoving after every time they got tackled. We didn't force many negative plays on D and I don't remember us squaring up any of their guys on good hits. For all the depth Joey Jones claimed on special teams in the offseason, it sure isn't showing up. I'm most disappointed in that and that our key players aren't making an impact and in some cases if they are, it's negative. It felt as if we were the Big-12 team and they were from the SEC. Time to find out who the DAWGS on the team are and let them eat...if they'r not suspended smdh!

Homedawg
09-16-2019, 11:51 AM
Without literally tipping the ball into the air on a dropped pass or a hurt shoulder causing our QB to drop the ball, we take 14 off the board from them and possibly add more to us. Bad take.

OH, so them fumbling not one, but two punts, which kept their defense on the field and fumbling away one of our int, those dont count but ours do? And to add, they dropped a first down as well. It amazes me that people forget or dont want to remember the stuff the opposition did to kill themselves as well.

dantheman4248
09-16-2019, 12:26 PM
OH, so them fumbling not one, but two punts, which kept their defense on the field and fumbling away one of our int, those dont count but ours do? And to add, they dropped a first down as well. It amazes me that people forget or dont want to remember the stuff the opposition did to kill themselves as well.

Bro did you read the comment I responded too? How can you be this dense?

We dropped numerous first downs too. My whole point of my post was that you can’t cherry pick one side. Jesus **** you’re just looking to be angry at me. Bad post. Try again. Reading is hard.

Homedawg
09-16-2019, 01:01 PM
Bro did you read the comment I responded too? How can you be this dense?

We dropped numerous first downs too. My whole point of my post was that you can’t cherry pick one side. Jesus **** you’re just looking to be angry at me. Bad post. Try again. Reading is hard.

we dropped 2. so great. And no, I don't try to be mad at you. I couldn't care less. Not one bit

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2019, 10:58 PM
This post reminds me of Croom quote when he said Maine had more talent than us.

Well Croom wasnt dealing with injuries and suspensions either so. To compare Maine to Kansas St is a bit of a stretch. We tried to see if we could beat them without the suspended players, we didnt. If Stevens, Williams, Dantzler, Gibson are all healthy is probably a different outcome. We would be better on kickoff and special teams bc we would have better depth. We should have all our bullets saturday.

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2019, 11:02 PM

All thats true but thats football. They tried to give it to us and we couldnt take advantage. With Shrader in the game they and nobody else will have to respect any kind of pass bc he cant beat anyone from the pocket right now. He doesnt trust himself and neither does Moorhead. We watched a 3rd and 9 and Moorhead ran it knowing they were daring him to throw. We watched a 4th and 16 play where Shrader ran it instead of even attempting a pass. We watched a horrible last possession down by 7 in which we didnt throw a pass. It was 2 scrambles. That shows how ready Shrader is.

I cant think of another coach in the SEC that is dealing with what Moorhead is dealing with right now. I for one did not understand how bad it would hurt but it is showing. Combine that with injuries to our best players (Stevens, Dantzler, Williams) and suspending our best D player (Gay) it was too much too overcome

Tbonewannabe
09-17-2019, 11:10 AM
All thats true but thats football. They tried to give it to us and we couldnt take advantage. With Shrader in the game they and nobody else will have to respect any kind of pass bc he cant beat anyone from the pocket right now. He doesnt trust himself and neither does Moorhead. We watched a 3rd and 9 and Moorhead ran it knowing they were daring him to throw. We watched a 4th and 16 play where Shrader ran it instead of even attempting a pass. We watched a horrible last possession down by 7 in which we didnt throw a pass. It was 2 scrambles. That shows how ready Shrader is.

I cant think of another coach in the SEC that is dealing with what Moorhead is dealing with right now. I for one did not understand how bad it would hurt but it is showing. Combine that with injuries to our best players (Stevens, Dantzler, Williams) and suspending our best D player (Gay) it was too much too overcome

It wasn't a designed run, Shrader just thought he had enough room to make the first down after escaping the pocket. Moorhead said in his press conference that Shrader should have thrown the ball somewhere to give them a chance.

timotheus
09-17-2019, 06:19 PM
The rpo's that end up in a completion look just like a busted play with a QB scramble anyway so yea we should just throw it somewhere.