PDA

View Full Version : Interesting state qb stats this year vs last year (common OOC opponents)

msstate7
09-15-2019, 07:04 AM
2018 ULL:
14/21 (.667) 243 yds 11.6 per att 2 td 0 int
2019 ULL:
20/30 (.667) 236 yds 7.9 per att 2 td 0 int

2018 KSU:
11/27 (.407) 154 yds 5.7 per att 2 td 1 int
2019 KSU:
TS - 7/15 (.477) 100 yds 6.7 per att 1 td 2 int
GS - 4/12 (.333) 51 yds 4.3 per att 0 td 0 int
Combined: 11/27 (.407) 151 yds 5.6 per att 1 td 2 int

Numbers are almost exactly the same, uncanny

ATTILLA THE DOG
09-15-2019, 10:18 AM
Fitz does not throw a catchable ball

Sparrows2
09-15-2019, 10:33 AM
Fitz does not throw a catchable ball

Well the stats do suggest that he throws as well as an injured TS who didn?t practice all week and a true freshman.
So there is that.
That was the point you were trying to make right?

WinningIsRelentless
09-15-2019, 10:34 AM
Well the stats do suggest that he throws as well as an injured TS who didn?t practice all week and a true freshman.
So there is that.
Which makes you go wth was JoMo thinking rolling TS out there to begin with.

Sparrows2
09-15-2019, 10:39 AM
Which makes you go wth was JoMo thinking rolling TS out there to begin with.
Well the fact that Shraeder went 4/12 probably answers the question of what he was thinking.
Schraeder played like he is a talented freshmen who you don’t know what you are going to get on any given play

WinningIsRelentless
09-15-2019, 10:48 AM
So there is that.

Well the fact that Shraeder went 4/12 probably answers the question of what he was thinking.
Schraeder played like he is a talented freshmen who you don’t know what you are going to get on any given play

I do believe our offense had more yards when shrader was in the game vs when he wasn?t. And shrader was hindered by a drop and stupid play calling.

Sparrows2
09-15-2019, 10:53 AM
I do believe our offense had more yards when shrader was in the game vs when he wasn?t. And shrader was hindered by a drop and stupid play calling.

Well maybe and I am just spitballing here maybe we wore down the kState defense in the heat and could run the ball but our inability to complete passes over 30% cost us the game

WinningIsRelentless
09-15-2019, 11:01 AM
Well maybe and I am just spitballing here maybe we wore down the kState defense in the heat and could run the ball but our inability to complete passes over 30% cost us the game

I do believe we were tied on the 3rd and 2 call for a slant? I do believe we were up when on 2 and 11 we threw for the end zone? And pass call after the touchdown drive to start the 3rd was stupid unless you were in 3rd and long or 4th and long. The d was dead and we had them on roller skates. Oh and our best defense was our O staying on the field as much as possible.

Sparrows2
09-15-2019, 11:07 AM
I do believe we were tied on the 3rd and 2 call for a slant? I do believe we were up when on 2 and 11 we threw for the end zone? And pass call after the touchdown drive to start the 3rd was stupid unless you were in 3rd and long or 4th and long. The d was dead and we had them on roller skates. Oh and our best defense was our O staying on the field as much as possible.
I agree that he out thought himself in those calls and have said so. I have said that perfect coaching and special team play would have made up for abysmal QB play. That’s fair.
Saying that the game was a gimmee with abysmal QB play is irresponsible

WinningIsRelentless
09-15-2019, 11:11 AM
I agree that he out thought himself in those calls and have said so. I have said that perfect coaching and special team play would have made up for abysmal QB play. That’s fair.
Saying that the game was a gimmee with abysmal QB play is irresponsible

I never said it was a gimme and K State is a good physical team who will when 9 plus games this year.

But when you have a limped shoulder qb who couldn?t hit the Empire State Building yesterday throwing the football, thus shouldn?t be running it either, you are much better off going with your running qbs.

Sparrows2
09-15-2019, 11:16 AM
I never said it was a gimme and K State is a good physical team who will when 9 plus games this year.

But when you have a limped shoulder qb who couldn?t hit the Empire State Building yesterday throwing the football, thus shouldn?t be running it either, you are much better off going with your running qbs.

You mean KT who quit on the team or the suspended Mayden?
Or are you saying we should have run the freshman like we ran Fitz.
Cause I don?t see any of those as better options
Now if Mayden isn?t suspended I appologise for being wrong

defiantdog
09-15-2019, 11:24 AM
2018 ULL:
14/21 (.667) 243 yds 11.6 per att 2 td 0 int
2019 ULL:
20/30 (.667) 236 yds 7.9 per att 2 td 0 int

2018 KSU:
11/27 (.407) 154 yds 5.7 per att 2 td 1 int
2019 KSU:
TS - 7/15 (.477) 100 yds 6.7 per att 1 td 2 int
GS - 4/12 (.333) 51 yds 4.3 per att 0 td 0 int
Combined: 11/27 (.407) 151 yds 5.6 per att 1 td 2 int

Numbers are almost exactly the same, uncanny

Don't bring logic into this

Todd4State
09-15-2019, 11:35 AM
So a healthy Fitzgerald is like playing a hurt senior or a true freshman at QB.

Thanks for proving my point.

DownwardDawg
09-15-2019, 11:36 AM
Our fan base is divided like our nation is these days. Great stats by 7, but if you can’t read sparrows post and realize he makes great points, then it’s because you don’t want to.
Moorehead certainly needs some major improvements in his coaching ability, but the things sparrow posted are real.

I’m more concerned about our lack of physical play and that we look out of shape. I think we are MUCH better at QB than last year when Stevens is healthy.

DownwardDawg
09-15-2019, 11:38 AM

This is the only thing this thread has shown. I’m very leery about Moorehead now, but this thread did nothing to add to that.

msstate7
09-15-2019, 11:41 AM

Didnt realize tommy was hurt vs ULL, my bad

Todd4State
09-15-2019, 11:47 AM
Didnt realize tommy was hurt vs ULL, my bad

Who said completing what was it 67% is bad? Why pick and choose and go from total picture to one game only? It's rhetorical by the way.

I'll tell you what- why don't you compare Fitz's stats against Stephen F Austin vs our guys against Abeline Christian- oh wait our team captain Fitz was suspended.

msstate7
09-15-2019, 11:50 AM
Who said completing what was it 67% is bad? Why pick and choose and go from total picture to one game only? It's rhetorical by the way.

I'll tell you what- why don't you compare Fitz's stats against Stephen F Austin vs our guys against Abeline Christian- oh wait our team captain Fitz was suspended.

I realize today is rough day for you after wanting the country club and fitz gone... they were the only things holding us back from garbage performances like yesterday. Oh well, back to the excuse making drawing board... I'm sure Mullen and fitz are to blame, some how

Todd4State
09-15-2019, 11:51 AM
This is the only thing this thread has shown. I’m very leery about Moorehead now, but this thread did nothing to add to that.

Very very obvious to anyone that doesn't have an agenda. Really priority number one is getting Stevens healthy. Even if that means losing to Kentucky.

Gutter Cobreh
09-15-2019, 11:55 AM

Bingo. Also, don't understand how you can compare common opponents from different years. If you had the exact same players, it would work - but otherwise there is no relevance.

msstate7
09-15-2019, 11:56 AM
Very very obvious to anyone that doesn't have an agenda. Really priority number one is getting Stevens healthy. Even if that means losing to Kentucky.

If we lose to Kentucky, Moorhead is done here. He won't be fired this year, but 2 straight to Kentucky, KSU, and the biggy, Mullen last year... he will lose support. You see that crowd yesterday? Fans were losing faith already...

Todd4State
09-15-2019, 11:56 AM
I realize today is rough day for you after wanting the country club and fitz gone... they were the only things holding us back from garbage performances like yesterday. Oh well, back to the excuse making drawing board... I'm sure Mullen and fitz are to blame, some how

Ah trying to go away from the original topic now that you have been called out and made to look like a fool again.

Who recruited most of the players that played yesterday? Here's a clue- it wasn't Joe. He recruited the freshman that pretty much took a seven foot fall to try to get a first down. And before you go down the path- Joe also didn't recruit the guys that got suspended either.

It's not "rough" for me because I understand two things:

1. We weren't going to get any better with Dan.

2. Even if Moorhead fails we will just hire someone else. Who probably will do well.

Todd4State
09-15-2019, 11:58 AM
If we lose to Kentucky, Moorhead is done here. He won't be fired this year, but 2 straight to Kentucky, KSU, and the biggy, Mullen last year... he will lose support. You see that crowd yesterday? Fans were losing faith already...

No he won't. Not after this year any way. Our attendance has been declining any way as it has been all across college football.

Saltydog
09-15-2019, 12:29 PM
Hate to say it but we're losing to UK even if he is 100%. We can't handle their physicality.

WinningIsRelentless
09-15-2019, 12:32 PM

Actually I question why he even brought in TS. The kid has been injured his whole career so what made him think it would be any different. All you did with that is pissed off KT for basically no reason.

WinningIsRelentless
09-15-2019, 12:33 PM

And using your logic on KT your boy TS quit on his team.

Sparrows2
09-15-2019, 12:37 PM
And using your logic on KT your boy TS quit on his team.

Yep and I will be shocked if Penn state starts Stevens next week
Oh wait....but Mississippi State should if he is healthy

WinningIsRelentless
09-15-2019, 12:40 PM
Yep and I will be shocked if Penn state starts Stevens next week
Oh wait....but Mississippi State should if he is healthy

They can?t he quit on them. We could start KT because he is still here so he didn?t quit.

DownwardDawg
09-15-2019, 12:44 PM
Hate to say it but we're losing to UK even if he is 100%. We can't handle their physicality.

I hate to agree with you about this, but I agree! I see no way we can handle them.

Sparrows2
09-15-2019, 12:47 PM
They can?t he quit on them. We could start KT because he is still here so he didn?t quit.
Let’s dont get things twisted
Apparently KT quit and either couldn’t find a home because
He also was suspended for 8 games and found out the suspension traveled with him or
Or
He just couldn’t find a home and Joe told him he could redshirt and only play in 4 games

Either way he was the 3rd option last week

Dawgology
09-15-2019, 12:51 PM
Our fan base is divided like our nation is these days. Great stats by 7, but if you can?t read sparrows post and realize he makes great points, then it?s because you don?t want to.
Moorehead certainly needs some major improvements in his coaching ability, but the things sparrow posted are real.

I?m more concerned about our lack of physical play and that we look out of shape. I think we are MUCH better at QB than last year when Stevens is healthy.

The problem is that sparrows posts say that if we played better we would win. Well...no shit. But playing better and preparedness is on the coach along with game planning. This is how a coach takes less talented team and beats a more talented team. Like happened yesterday. It?s coaching. That?s the number 1 problem.

Sparrows2
09-15-2019, 01:19 PM
The problem is that sparrows posts say that if we played better we would win. Well...no shit. But playing better and preparedness is on the coach along with game planning. This is how a coach takes less talented team and beats a more talented team. Like happened yesterday. It?s coaching. That?s the number 1 problem.

No I didn?t say if we play better we win. I said our starting QB isn?t hurt we get competent QB play and win easily

Dawgology
09-15-2019, 03:11 PM
No I didn?t say if we play better we win. I said our starting QB isn?t hurt we get competent QB play and win easily

But that’s basically any team. With good QB play a team can win. Stevens was hurt all week and not practicing.

ScoobaDawg
09-15-2019, 03:16 PM

Exactly... These numbers aren't a fair comparison. Tommy is a way better passer.. But is Injured. It was clear on the 4-5 longer passes he didn't have consistent touch (yes he spun that one on a dime for the td).

We have to get him healthy... Wondered your thoughts on what could be going on with his shoulder. Tightness affecting accuracy.. But nothing they would ice or brave for?

dantheman4248
09-15-2019, 03:28 PM

Loser take by someone who has no idea what they’re talking about. Go bet money on UK then if it’s a sure thing MSU loses to UK. They should give you great ML odds with the line at -8.5.

trojandawg
09-15-2019, 04:04 PM
Hurt Stevens is not helping us win now this year and won?t be here for the next year. Might as well play Shrader and Thompson. Best on the field results wins.

Todd4State
09-15-2019, 04:04 PM
Exactly... These numbers aren't a fair comparison. Tommy is a way better passer.. But is Injured. It was clear on the 4-5 longer passes he didn't have consistent touch (yes he spun that one on a dime for the td).

We have to get him healthy... Wondered your thoughts on what could be going on with his shoulder. Tightness affecting accuracy.. But nothing they would ice or brave for?

I can only speculate until MSU releases something definitive- which I'm sure they won't unless he is out for the year. But watching him in warm ups and the game I suspect best case we're looking at a strain of the pec or more likely rotator cuff (based on how I observed Tommy acting on the sideline this week and USM and not having anything else to go off of) and worst case looking at something like a rotator cuff tear or labrum tear. The good news is I think based on how he was throwing the ball it's more likely towards the "good" than the bad.

I'm just going to guess here- but what I would do is mostly let him rest it for two weeks, stretch it, ice it, do very light strengthening with it focusing on the rotator cuff and surrounding muscles, and honestly probably let him sit out against Kentucky and probably most likely Auburn. That would give him the bye week to get more rest and time to test it out before we play Tennessee.

Based on what I saw I don't think he's far off from coming back but he probably in all honesty shouldn't have played Saturday. But with athletes they are typically very competitive people and want to play and sometimes they'll tough things out or do too much exercise trying to get better and set themselves back.

Todd4State
09-15-2019, 04:06 PM
Hurt Stevens is not helping us win now this year and won?t be here for the next year. Might as well play Shrader and Thompson. Best on the field results wins.

If Stevens can come back later he should play.

ScoobaDawg
09-16-2019, 02:12 AM
I can only speculate until MSU releases something definitive- which I'm sure they won't unless he is out for the year. But watching him in warm ups and the game I suspect best case we're looking at a strain of the pec or more likely rotator cuff (based on how I observed Tommy acting on the sideline this week and USM and not having anything else to go off of) and worst case looking at something like a rotator cuff tear or labrum tear. The good news is I think based on how he was throwing the ball it's more likely towards the "good" than the bad.

I'm just going to guess here- but what I would do is mostly let him rest it for two weeks, stretch it, ice it, do very light strengthening with it focusing on the rotator cuff and surrounding muscles, and honestly probably let him sit out against Kentucky and probably most likely Auburn. That would give him the bye week to get more rest and time to test it out before we play Tennessee.

Based on what I saw I don't think he's far off from coming back but he probably in all honesty shouldn't have played Saturday. But with athletes they are typically very competitive people and want to play and sometimes they'll tough things out or do too much exercise trying to get better and set themselves back.

Thanks I know it's hard to know more than speculation since nothing will likely be released but i did see he had a cortisone shot pre-game. So something was inflamed.
Watching the USM game again. He was 9/9 with several laser balls. and then 6:30 in the 2nd quarter. 1st down. get's hit by a corner blitz in his face, while waiting on a route to open up . the tackle wrapped his back leg and took him down.. didn't look like a hard landing on the shoulder. as the hit came, he tucked the ball into his body with the roll. Then TO usm, they show no concern when talking with him.. coaches laughing.
2nd and 18, the ball he gets s flushed, thinks of running.. trys to buy time to pass.. USM defender lunges at his legs, he lands on his throwing shoulder.. but again didn't look terribly violent as he rolls through it quickly. Back angle shows ball is in front of right pec - elbow extended from body and MAY have landed on it first. The next play he drops back and throws from the 29 yard line to the 50 yard line so 21 yards in the air. he overthrows by a 3-5 feet. the spiral is still very tight.
He immediately grabs for the front of his right shoulder or pec area. Right where the SEC logo is on the chest area.

Next we see him jogging into the locker room. (arms swinging)
Last time we see him start of 3rd quarter, he's walking around.. nothing on his body that we can see.. no ice pack or anything to immobilize (possibly under jersey?). I guess they could have applied the Ice to him during halftime, which would have been over 20 minutes..

Just have to see what happens this week. If he truly pushed to come back this week too early i hope he didn't damage it worse. We need him.