Apoplectic
09-14-2019, 10:04 PM
Before the klan or vols do

Homedawg
09-14-2019, 10:08 PM
Can't win here. Won't recruit and won't be physical

KOdawg1
09-14-2019, 10:11 PM
Nah he fits here just as much as Joe does. We need someone who is going to bring back physicality to our program. Someone the players fear and respect

BuckyIsAB****
09-14-2019, 10:13 PM
Way early for this thread. It would 4-8 3-9 to fire him this year

KOdawg1
09-14-2019, 10:16 PM
He wont be fired this year. Next year is the year he coaches for his job

Commercecomet24
09-14-2019, 10:17 PM
Can't win here. Won't recruit and won't be physical

This and leach knows it too

HoopsDawg
09-14-2019, 10:21 PM

I just don't think we can fire him this year unless we go 3-9. And we aren't going 3-9. Arkansas, UT, and Ole Miss are too horrible to lose all 3.

We've missed on 2 great fits especially Neal Brown. Can't get him now. Need to develop a list for after next season.

Bothrops
09-14-2019, 11:04 PM
Wouldn't do that well here. Probably wouldn't do well enough at Tennessee either. When we make our next hire, we need a guy that likes to spread the field, but we need a mean son of a bitch on gameday.

BuckyIsAB****
09-14-2019, 11:09 PM
I just don't think we can fire him this year unless we go 3-9. And we aren't going 3-9. Arkansas, UT, and Ole Miss are too horrible to lose all 3.

We've missed on 2 great fits especially Neal Brown. Can't get him now. Need to develop a list for after next season.

If we beat UK, Arky, UT and OM and ACU I wont be too mad at him. Win the bowl game and you feel pretty good honestly. Im sure a lot of that will depend on how we look against LSU, Bama, A&M, and Auburn. I dont think any of them except for Bama are as good as they think they are. LSU looked mighty sluggish at times tonight and Auburn hasnt looked that good in a game yet. Oregon is probably fools gold they play no one really

Commercecomet24
09-14-2019, 11:14 PM
If we beat UK, Arky, UT and OM and ACU I wont be too mad at him. Win the bowl game and you feel pretty good honestly. Im sure a lot of that will depend on how we look against LSU, Bama, A&M, and Auburn. I dont think any of them except for Bama are as good as they think they are. LSU looked mighty sluggish at times tonight and Auburn hasnt looked that good in a game yet. Oregon is probably fools gold they play no one really

This is where I'm at as well.

Bothrops
09-14-2019, 11:55 PM

ACU is the only sure win left. Without a reliable quarterback UK is a loss, Tenn could be a loss, Arkansas is up in the air, and Ole Miss is a probably a loss.

mparkerfd20
09-15-2019, 12:09 AM
ACU is the only sure win left. Without a reliable quarterback UK is a loss, Tenn could be a loss, Arkansas is up in the air, and Ole Miss is a probably a loss.

I think UK beats us, but you're crazy if you think Arkansas even comes close. I really think we go 6-6. Beat UT, Ark, OM, and ACU. Lose one of those and we dont go bowling. We won't be within 2 scores of LSU, Bama, AUB, or A&M.

Bothrops
09-15-2019, 12:19 AM
I think UK beats us, but you're crazy if you think Arkansas even comes close. I really think we go 6-6. Beat UT, Ark, OM, and ACU. Lose one of those and we dont go bowling. We won't be within 2 scores of LSU, Bama, AUB, or A&M.

Well I agree with that last part, but as shitty as Arkansas is, Starkel is going to improve them little- by little- by little, and the game is on the road. They are still horrible though and we should win, but it's a while off. I'm not sure if we are going to get much use out of Tommy. Auburn and LSU would finish him off. We are in a bad spot.

CadaverDawg
09-15-2019, 12:33 AM
Record means nothing to me at this point....I'm just ready to see some good fundamental football and for our team to look prepared and well coached. Winning games over teams because they just happen to be more shitty than us, does not deserve credit or earn any free passes for the season in my eyes. If we win 7 games looking like we looked today, it's no different than winning 3. Show me something to make me think you can lead this program....I haven't seen it yet.

Coursesuper
09-15-2019, 08:11 AM
Let's see, if I were in his shoes the question would be, I can live in Washington state in the fall and summer and spend my winters in my house on Siminton Street on Key West. Or I can live in Starkville and have to do it 24-7 365 to try to compete for scraps. He ain't coming to Starkville chief.

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2019, 08:18 AM
Record means nothing to me at this point....I'm just ready to see some good fundamental football and for our team to look prepared and well coached. Winning games over teams because they just happen to be more shitty than us, does not deserve credit or earn any free passes for the season in my eyes. If we win 7 games looking like we looked today, it's no different than winning 3. Show me something to make me think you can lead this program....I haven't seen it yet.

Good post. I agree

Cooterpoot
09-15-2019, 08:18 AM
Firing Joey Jones today would give me hope that Moorhead actually has a damn sack. Should’ve been done last year.

timotheus
09-15-2019, 08:22 AM
Wouldn't do that well here. Probably wouldn't do well enough at Tennessee either. When we make our next hire, we need a guy that likes to spread the field, but we need a mean son of a bitch on gameday.

I would say that he's coaching down at USM...........

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2019, 08:24 AM
I think Leach is a hell of a coach, & would be fun at MSU, but he doesn't fit us.

For the MSU football program to be running on all cylinders, we've got play a style that promotes & maximizes the the abilities of the type of players that we can consistently recruit & does so with a type A personality that players fear to a healthy degree.

Not sure who that guy is right now, but I just don't think Leach would be the guy. He would do a solid job at MSU because he's a really good coach, but he wouldn't take us to the next level.

MSU needs to replicate Wisconsin. Not necessarily in exact style but in the way that Wisky keeps changing coaches but the culture, physicality, & scheme don't really change.

MSU's biggest mistake is chasing schemes. When you keep chasing schemes, you never build an identity. We built an identity under Mullen for 9 years that we essentially decided to throw in the garbage can for no real reason.

TrapGame
09-15-2019, 08:24 AM

Yeah. I thought Dan elevated the program to the point where beating shitty teams was to be expected. If we have regressed to the point where lesser opponents are real threats then we got a problem Houston. This season reminds me of Mullen's first year where we were just happy to play Houston and LSU close. If that's the case we have a serious crack in the foundation.

Maroonthirteen
09-15-2019, 08:35 AM
Could you imagine Leach working with Cohen and Keenum and all the stuffed shirts they represent? That would be a train wreck that would make a hilarious reality show.

redstickdawg
09-15-2019, 08:41 AM

I agree and it's a fool that counts Ark, OM or UT as certain wins with the regression we're seeing in discipline and lack of effort.

Saltydog
09-15-2019, 09:03 AM
We won't win at UT. Book it.

TrapGame
09-15-2019, 09:12 AM

If Joe gets outcoached by Pruitt and Stoops I'll start a GoFundMe page for the buyout and any extra moolah for the next coach. Serious as ****ing heart attack!

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2019, 10:31 AM
The problem with the Moorhead hire isn’t Moorhead. It’s that we got away from who we are and what we are in favor of what we wished to be.

TrapGame
09-15-2019, 10:40 AM
The problem with the Moorhead hire isn’t Moorhead. It’s that we got away from who we are and what we are in favor of what we wished to be.

Nine years of building a program. That's a long damn time. I somewhat agree that Cohen should have looked for a successful up and coming coach with more of a Mullen outlook.

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2019, 10:53 AM
Nine years of building a program. That's a long damn time. I somewhat agree that Cohen should have looked for a successful up and coming coach with more of a Mullen outlook.

Cohen attempted to change an identity that didn't need changing. He should've doubled down on the program going in the right direction with a coach that took us more in the right direction.

College football isn't the NFL. You can't bring in a new GM & alter your roster with elite talent to fit the new scheme overnight. Mostly schools have recruited the same type of players from the same place for 50+ years. That wasn't going to change, so why change what was working?

Choctaw Dawg
09-15-2019, 11:01 AM
I honestly don't see why not with leach. the man has led Texas Tech and Washington State, two programs that have never been respectable, and made them competitive in their conference. Of course you can look at his recruiting and find faults but come on, he's coaching in Pullman Washington for crying out loud and doing good with the team he's got.

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2019, 11:09 AM
I honestly don't see why not with leach. the man has led Texas Tech and Washington State, two programs that have never been respectable, and made them competitive in their conference. Of course you can look at his recruiting and find faults but come on, he's coaching in Pullman Washington for crying out loud and doing good with the team he's got.

He's an outstanding coach. Just not sure we can recruit the type of player needed for his system in Mississippi & he'd get obliterated in recruiting Mississippi.

Just not sure he fits us

DownwardDawg
09-15-2019, 11:50 AM

Great post my friend.

Bothrops
09-15-2019, 11:54 AM

It's possible, and if that happens the train comes off the track and takes the rails with it.

Bothrops
09-15-2019, 11:54 AM
He's an outstanding coach. Just not sure we can recruit the type of player needed for his system in Mississippi & he'd get obliterated in recruiting Mississippi.

Just not sure he fits us

This

Bothrops
09-15-2019, 11:55 AM

Apples to oranges.