PDA

View Full Version : Troy throwing all over the steel curtain USM D

msugolf
09-14-2019, 08:24 PM
Troy qb has already thrown for over 500 yards on USM. So much for the eagles being a defensive juggernaut.

dawgday166
09-14-2019, 08:27 PM
He making NFL reads too then.

msstate7
09-14-2019, 11:34 PM
Barker (Troy QB)...
29/43 (.674) 504 yds 11.7 per att 4 td 0 int

Bothrops
09-15-2019, 12:00 AM
So are you trying to say our offense is a gimmick? Hehe..

dantheman4248
09-15-2019, 12:16 AM
Fine i’ll take the bait since we’ve got two losers who delight in trying to be correct instead of having any willingness to be positive about our team at 2-0.

Tommy was well on his way to a massive day vs. USM before being injured.

USM had not allowed a 100 yd rusher or 30+ points since 2017. Yea weak schedule, but still saying something about them.

Defense gets exposed. Following week a team follows blueprint put out on them. Groundbreaking.

Troy lost btw. And got a lot of yards / points in the 4th when trailing.

Hmm... USM has a very anemic offense huh... right?

Oh they had players out last week? That matters? Since when?

Also to the specific NFL reads comment. This is the last time I’ll explain it to you and your loser mentality. I did not call ULL or USM’s defenses as being NFL caliber. I said Tommy is making NFL level reads. He’s doing what you need to do to be successful in the NFL. His IQ should land him a backup job somewhere. He’s reading the defense well presnap, looking off and going through progressions, and finding the open man. Hell today he was solid at that, his arm/body failed him. If you wanna hold that injury against our QB you’re a loser as a fan and should look in the mirror. Seriously. Look how pathetic you are after your college lost. Trying to attack people who had good vibes and were enjoying a breath of fresh air in QB style with wins.

As the greatest winner of our time would say, “Stop. Get some help.”

dawgday166
09-15-2019, 12:20 AM
Troys QB sure fire NFL QB too then.

dantheman4248
09-15-2019, 12:33 AM
Troys QB sure fire NFL QB too then.

Another loser post.

Did you watch the game?

Does Troy’s coach employ a system where the QB reads the defense and adjusts at the line?

Further, Does he have the athletic talent for the NFL?

Does he have the size for the NFL?

If you’re gonna blame Tommy for getting an injury then why not him for a torn ACL?

Why don’t you stick to boxscore watching instead of commenting on things. You’ve shown no ability to critically think outside of the stats you want to use to make yourself feel superior for saying MSU sucks on a pro MSU board. Confrats. Same ole MSU. You win the loser award for picking your own team to lose.

Todd4State
09-15-2019, 12:38 AM
Fine i’ll take the bait since we’ve got two losers who delight in trying to be correct instead of having any willingness to be positive about our team at 2-0.

Tommy was well on his way to a massive day vs. USM before being injured.

USM had not allowed a 100 yd rusher or 30+ points since 2017. Yea weak schedule, but still saying something about them.

Defense gets exposed. Following week a team follows blueprint put out on them. Groundbreaking.

Troy lost btw. And got a lot of yards / points in the 4th when trailing.

Hmm... USM has a very anemic offense huh... right?

Oh they had players out last week? That matters? Since when?

Also to the specific NFL reads comment. This is the last time I’ll explain it to you and your loser mentality. I did not call ULL or USM’s defenses as being NFL caliber. I said Tommy is making NFL level reads. He’s doing what you need to do to be successful in the NFL. His IQ should land him a backup job somewhere. He’s reading the defense well presnap, looking off and going through progressions, and finding the open man. Hell today he was solid at that, his arm/body failed him. If you wanna hold that injury against our QB you’re a loser as a fan and should look in the mirror. Seriously. Look how pathetic you are after your college lost. Trying to attack people who had good vibes and were enjoying a breath of fresh air in QB style with wins.

As the greatest winner of our time would say, “Stop. Get some help.”

It's Joe's fault that Tommy got hurt.**

dantheman4248
09-15-2019, 12:40 AM
It's Joe's fault that Tommy got hurt.**

I feel like there’s posters on here that will agree with you unironically tbh.

trojandawg
09-15-2019, 12:54 AM
Tommy holds on to the ball too long. The coach should teach him to hit the mascot with it or take off. He took some hits he never should have taken.

trojandawg
09-15-2019, 12:55 AM
If our coach was such an offensive genius we should have been hanging 50 plus the first three games. We can?t even hit 40.

Offshore Dawg
09-15-2019, 08:42 AM
If our coach was such an offensive genius we should have been hanging 50 plus the first three games. We can?t even hit 40.

It might be because the defense can't get off the field to let the offence have more snaps, Try including snap counts when you compare stats.

dawgday166
09-15-2019, 09:18 AM
Another loser post.

Ya know, when you make completely asinine comments like "Tommy is making NFL reads against ULL & USM" or that because of that and "he's completing over 70%" to say he's better than Dak, after just those 2 games as a starter and when Dak is in the top QBR lifetime in the NFL right now (which means against REAL NFL defenses in case you didn't know that).

When you make those kinda stupid ass statements sometimes you just oughtta own it and say something like "Yea, I kinda jumped the gun a little with those statements" and laugh about it, instead of defending them to the hilt like you are a QB guru yourself, which I can tell and assure you you're not. In fact, I'm almost convinced you and 007 have been watching football for 10 years or less. Maybe less than 5. Ya'll ain't quite as bad as Sparrows but close.

Now maybe Tommy will turn out to be better than Brady for all I know but it's way too early to tell that right now

dantheman4248
09-15-2019, 09:30 AM
Again your reading comprehension is lacking. Never once did I say he’s better than Dak right now. I said Tommy is a better QB here than Dak ever was. Dak was a better college football player than Tommy will ever be. Do you think Tim Tebow was a good QB or a good college football player? Do you even know how to make that distinction? Probably not because you can’t look beyond a box score.

It’s not that I’m a “QB guru”. It’s that you literally have no idea what you are talking about. You keep arguing things I did not say. I’ve said Tommy is playing with high IQ. Doing what you would expect on an NFL QB rather than a college one. Of course if you put current Dak in this system right now he would be better. That’s a dumb argument that I haven’t said. I said Tommy was a better QB than college Dak.

Here’s an exercise for you to have some understanding:
2014 vs. 2015 Dak. Which is the better QB and which is the better college player? And why?