Dawgfan77
09-14-2019, 06:06 PM
Cuz this is a train wreck

msstate7
09-14-2019, 06:09 PM
It's Mullen's and _______ (name of a qb) fault

Cooterpoot
09-14-2019, 06:10 PM
I’ll sell candy bars if it’ll pay the buyout.

was21
09-14-2019, 06:11 PM
think Bert Bilema

msu15
09-14-2019, 06:11 PM
I mean he’s a decent recruiter, bout all I got after that performance.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 06:12 PM
I'm don't think he's any good, but I can sell you on him.

- Won 8 games last year & will likely go to a bowl this year. There's only maybe 6 or 7 schools in the country that would even consider firing that coach after 2 years.
- He has what appears to be a good young QB. If we fire Moorhead, does Shrader leave as well?
- While he's recruiting about the same ranking wise as Mullen, there does appear to be more effort & that could/should pay off in the future.
- We have young DL that should improve in time.
- As a program, we simply MUST become better at passing the football to compete for the West. We'll very rarely matchup man for man on the LOS with the blue bloods. So we've got to go over the top to win big. It may take taking a step back to get that culture going.

Basically, if you think Moorhead is the right guy, which I don't but some may, then you can convince yourself that there are enough positives & necessity to evolve offensively that it will pay off down the road.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 06:12 PM
think Bert Bilema

He is very similar to Bert with a different offense.

dantheman4248
09-14-2019, 06:16 PM
A 2/3 deep full of guys who know his system recruited by him could be deadly. He’s too stubborn to adjust to his players but a full 2 deep with his system would likely work and alleviate the weakness S&C has been.

Coach007
09-14-2019, 06:16 PM

3 more years of him. He's earned it

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-14-2019, 06:18 PM

For the record, I'm off the Joe train completely. But you want me to play devils advocate so here it goes...

1) Recruiting. Moorhead certainly seems to be bringing in good talent, so even if we let Joe stay too long the next coach will have plenty to work with as we should still be top 20-25 in the team talent rankings.

2) As a sub component of recruiting, he's done a really good job on the 3 most important areas: OL, DL, and QB. So, you can say we're building a very good foundation but right now we can't see the fruits of it.

3) Many great coaches take a few years to get going. Joe can learn and improve as time goes on... personally, I think if he'd be more of a disciplinarian with the team and focus more on physicality, he'd be a fantastic coach for us. Right now I jut think he's too soft all round, and these kids with a no-nonsense "mess up and get the cane" background don't respect his intellectual approach to everything.

msu15
09-14-2019, 06:18 PM
I'm don't think he's any good, but I can sell you on him.

- Won 8 games last year & will likely go to a bowl this year. There's only maybe 6 or 7 schools in the country that would even consider firing that coach after 2 years.
- He has what appears to be a good young QB. If we fire Moorhead, does Shrader leave as well?
- While he's recruiting about the same ranking wise as Mullen, there does appear to be more effort & that could/should pay off in the future.
- We have young DL that should improve in time.
- As a program, we simply MUST become better at passing the football to compete for the West. We'll very rarely matchup man for man on the LOS with the blue bloods. So we've got to go over the top to win big. It may take taking a step back to get that culture going.

Basically, if you think Moorhead is the right guy, which I don't but some may, then you can convince yourself that there are enough positives & necessity to evolve offensively that it will pay off down the road.

Got to jump in on this one bud. Through 2 and a half years his recruiting ranking his higher by 19 total points than Mullen’s first 3 classes.(Dan’s 2011 finished 41st, puke.)

BulldogBear
09-14-2019, 06:22 PM
A 2/3 deep full of guys who know his system recruited by him could be deadly. He’s too stubborn to adjust to his players but a full 2 deep with his system would likely work and alleviate the weakness S&C has been.

Yep.

But he's yet not used to having an opponent take something away and force him not to do what he wants to do. And until when and huuuge if we do end up with that roster he'll continue to kill us in 3-4 games a year even if we manage to win 1-2 of them.

Coursesuper
09-14-2019, 06:23 PM

Exactly how has he earned it John?

dawgday166
09-14-2019, 06:26 PM
Got to jump in on this one bud. Through 2 and a half years his recruiting ranking his higher by 19 total points than Mullen?s first 3 classes.(Dan?s 2011 finished 41st, puke.)

And look how that class turned out. They didn't turn out "puke". May have really been Dan's best overall class.

ETA: Of course Joe bringing in Tommy gonna wipe out the QB from that class.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 06:27 PM
Got to jump in on this one bud. Through 2 and a half years his recruiting ranking his higher by 19 total points than Mullen’s first 3 classes.(Dan’s 2011 finished 41st, puke.)

You can't compare the program to where it is now from where it was when Mullen took over. Apples & oranges in both brand & money

msstate7
09-14-2019, 06:28 PM

Not exactly equal starting point. Mullen took over a trash program. We handed Moorhead an established program

TrapGame

No. I like you coach but it's next year for me. If NC State pushes our shit in next season I'll be totally off the bandwagon.

Hell, Joe may surprise us and beat a couple he's not supposed to but until then I've cooled a little.

ShotgunDawg
I think the suspensions will also be put into the JoMo piggy bank to give him another year

dawgday166
09-14-2019, 06:31 PM

Let me see if I understand. You're saying if Joe gets his players in here that will alleviate the weakness S&C seems to be this year? Am I understanding that right?

TrapGame
09-14-2019, 06:32 PM
Not exactly equal starting point. Mullen took over a trash program. We handed Moorhead an established program

But a shitty recruiter is a shitty recruiter. Being a competent recruiter is Joe's BIG saving grace right now.

MedDawg
09-14-2019, 06:34 PM
We lost to them by a KO return TD with a no-call block in the back.

It's possible that Kansas State is a good team. They might be better than UK, Auburn, and A&M, so we still have a chance to beat those teams.

Although you'd never guess it by the board comments, we actually outgained KSU in both passing and rushing, mostly with a true freshman QB, who will get better. That's encouraging for the rest of this season and the next few years.

TrapGame
09-14-2019, 06:42 PM
We lost to them by a KO return TD with a no-call block in the back.

It's possible that Kansas State is a good team. They might be better than UK, Auburn, and A&M, so we still have a chance to beat those teams.

Although you'd never guess it by the board comments, we actually outgained KSU in both passing and rushing, mostly with a true freshman QB, who will get better. That's encouraging for the rest of this season and the next few years.

You know that's not what they want to hear around here. Point is we had some poor coaching decisions with lack of able bodies due to suspensions and a starting QB that was not 100% ready to play.

dantheman4248
09-14-2019, 06:44 PM
Let me see if I understand. You're saying if Joe gets his players in here that will alleviate the weakness S&C seems to be this year? Am I understanding that right?

This is a ?give me reasons to believe thread?

You could argue that could by having backups competently perform their job, it could alleviate us getting hurt. Imagine we have two Tommy types on the team, we win today no? Even if the starter is hurt. That?s the argument.

MedDawg
09-14-2019, 06:45 PM

dawgday166
09-14-2019, 06:47 PM
You know that's not what they want to hear around here. Point is we had some poor coaching decisions with lack of able bodies due to suspensions and a starting QB that was not 100% ready to play.

The whole selling point with Joe was his scheme was so innovative that he didn't need to out talent the other team, and if someone couldn't be blocked his scheme would be able to just kind compensate for that, etc. etc. I remember watching him on the very topic of not being able to block a defender, and he was supposed to be able to scheme for that. He could do more with lesser talent.

Well ... I ain't seeing that. Now he has to have "his" QB. We don't have enough talent at WR. Our OL sucks. All this is because of Mullen's sorry recruiting. Kylin supposed to be next Barkley but ... he ain't. So if Joe can't do what it was sold to us that he can do then ... what next??

ETA: Cause no matter what ... he's not gonna get drastically better talent than Dan did. My only hope in recruiting is to have more balanced classes but, not sure on that yet either.

dawgday166
09-14-2019, 06:53 PM
This is a ?give me reasons to believe thread?

You could argue that could by having backups competently perform their job, it could alleviate us getting hurt. Imagine we have two Tommy types on the team, we win today no? Even if the starter is hurt. That?s the argument.

We have enough depth to win today ... if they're coached well. And they ain't. Any team that has smacked us in the mouth hard comes out on top. KY, FL (both should've been wins), LSU (probably should've been), and I believe we could've had a shot at Bama last year too. Then Iowa now KSU. We are a soft team. D was stout as hell last year but we soft all over this year.

MetEdDawg
09-14-2019, 06:59 PM
I think the suspensions will also be put into the JoMo piggy bank to give him another year

To me this is a massive factor for this year that can't be overlooked.

Here's why I'm behind Joe. He's smart. And I don't care what anyone else says. Not being great somewhere when you were a genius everywhere else doesn't mean you aren't smart.

But we have to recruit. Period. It doesn't matter what else we do. If we want to be consistently competitive we have to recruit. He can do that. This year still has Mullen all over it. Our DL is bad 100% because of Mullen. Our lack of depth at secondary is 100% because of Mullen. Our crappy WRs are 100% because of Mullen. There are one or two pieces in those areas but for the most part that's Dan's fault. You can talk about coaching all you want. But you can only take lack of talent so far. And at those positions we are lacking quality D1 talent.

The suspensions are a killer. That takes depth and has taken at least 2 upperclassmen defensive starters. Don't tell me that doesn't have an effect. We lost a lot and this team is having a difficult time with it.

Injuries are also plaguing this team. Stevens comes in, KT decides its time to leave. So now a true freshman is your backup and he's been thrown into the middle of multiple games two weeks in a row. Sorry folks but there's no way any of y'all would have felt good about Shrader having to be the guy for 5+ quarters this year already.

Joe has had a rough start to the year with suspensions, injuries, and some lack of talent. I don't think we should have lost to KSU. But I get why we did. We have a talent crisis on the team at multiple positions. And this incoming class full of JUCO should highlight that.

Scared_Hitless
09-14-2019, 07:48 PM
My thing is how many games did Mullen play against P5 in his tenure we had some 6-6 seasons that may have been different with the new P5 rule. Joe only gets 3 free wins in rebuilding years Mullen had 4. I know it is minimal but it makes a difference for a program like us. In down years we will have to battle to beat a KState or NC State series coming up.

I am hesistant on Joe overall recruiting still looks good. Coaching in game he seems like a 2nd year coach. His offense seems to be limited it does not scheme ppl open and relies on talent. This is tbd overall though I love Mississippi State always have always will. I will root for him till the day he succeeds or is let go. And even if he fails I will thank him. Garrett Shrader put his body on the line trying to win for his coach. He deserves better than our fans are giving him.

R2Dawg
09-14-2019, 07:59 PM

Exactly, and there is why he is losing the fanbase.

R2Dawg
09-14-2019, 08:04 PM
I agree with others, the suspensions are huge this year in a rebuilding year. Injuries also. This might be why I am willing to give him another year but he has to show something this year. We should win 6 and look more organized, play calling, substitution and give great effort, but been waiting for that for 1.5 years too. Shoop at least appears to have made adjustments in game.

msugolf
09-14-2019, 08:06 PM
To me this is a massive factor for this year that can't be overlooked.

Here's why I'm behind Joe. He's smart. And I don't care what anyone else says. Not being great somewhere when you were a genius everywhere else doesn't mean you aren't smart.

But we have to recruit. Period. It doesn't matter what else we do. If we want to be consistently competitive we have to recruit. He can do that. This year still has Mullen all over it. Our DL is bad 100% because of Mullen. Our lack of depth at secondary is 100% because of Mullen. Our crappy WRs are 100% because of Mullen. There are one or two pieces in those areas but for the most part that's Dan's fault. You can talk about coaching all you want. But you can only take lack of talent so far. And at those positions we are lacking quality D1 talent.

The suspensions are a killer. That takes depth and has taken at least 2 upperclassmen defensive starters. Don't tell me that doesn't have an effect. We lost a lot and this team is having a difficult time with it.

Injuries are also plaguing this team. Stevens comes in, KT decides its time to leave. So now a true freshman is your backup and he's been thrown into the middle of multiple games two weeks in a row. Sorry folks but there's no way any of y'all would have felt good about Shrader having to be the guy for 5+ quarters this year already.

Joe has had a rough start to the year with suspensions, injuries, and some lack of talent. I don't think we should have lost to KSU. But I get why we did. We have a talent crisis on the team at multiple positions. And this incoming class full of JUCO should highlight that.

This all may very well be true but for me it comes down to "do I enjoy watching us play" and honestly I don't. This offense is a complete bore; slow and long developing. Our excitement level is a fat zero.

And him getting his players or more talent in here won't change his scheme. I see these other teams playing fast, being aggressive and we don't have that.

In our last 10 games against P5 teams we've only had 3 games where we went over 400 yards of total offense and 2 of those teams were Arky and OM (2 of the worst defenses I've ever seen). 4 of those games we didn't even get to 250 yards.

His offense will not work against top level teams PERIOD! He'd have to recruit in the top 5 for about 3-4 years in a row to get the talent needed to do what he wants and that's a pipe dream. To me this is Slytanic all over again ....good recruiter, parents/players love him, wait till he gets his guys, yada yada yada.

Sorry I'm just not interested. Not a fun team to watch even when we are beating a G5 team.

Coursesuper
09-14-2019, 08:10 PM
This all may very well be true but for me it comes down to "do I enjoy watching us play" and honestly I don't. This offense is a complete bore; slow and long developing. Our excitement level is a fat zero.

And him getting his players or more talent in here won't change his scheme. I see these other teams playing fast, being aggressive and we don't have that.

In our last 10 games against P5 teams we've only had 3 games where we went over 400 yards of total offense and 2 of those teams were Arky and OM (2 of the worst defenses I've ever seen). 4 of those games we didn't even get to 250 yards.

His offense will not work against top level teams PERIOD! He'd have to recruit in the top 5 for about 3-4 years in a row to get the talent needed to do what he wants and that's a pipe dream. To me this is Slytanic all over again ....good recruiter, parents/players love him, wait till he gets his guys, yada yada yada.

Sorry I'm just not interested. Not a fun team to watch even when we are beating a G5 team.

Here Here!

Lord McBuckethead
09-14-2019, 08:56 PM
Look, everyone hates a 17ing loss. But lets get real here for a moment. Defense is young. Cam was out. Gay being out and playing with 75 schollies is tough.

Now even with all of that, the offense, led by a true freshman still had shots to beat them. Thats why. This is not our year. And look, Joe does some stupid shit. Slow playing when we should be snapping the ball every 10 seconds with a quick attack. I swear, if Stevens is healthy and we snap the ball with 18 left on the clock, suddenly our offense will start clicking by forcing the d into very tough situations. Joe stupid shit sucks, but should he be canned, hell no.

BrunswickDawg
09-14-2019, 09:15 PM
My thing is how many games did Mullen play against P5 in his tenure we had some 6-6 seasons that may have been different with the new P5 rule. Joe only gets 3 free wins in rebuilding years Mullen had 4. I know it is minimal but it makes a difference for a program like us. In down years we will have to battle to beat a KState or NC State series coming up.

I am hesistant on Joe overall recruiting still looks good. Coaching in game he seems like a 2nd year coach. His offense seems to be limited it does not scheme ppl open and relies on talent. This is tbd overall though I love Mississippi State always have always will. I will root for him till the day he succeeds or is let go. And even if he fails I will thank him. Garrett Shrader put his body on the line trying to win for his coach. He deserves better than our fans are giving him.

Interesting point about the added P5 game -

Mullen faced 4 regular season P5 non-conference teams (if you count BYU) and went 1-3. I'll give a little bit of a pass in '09 to the 11-3 GT team, but fact is having that additional P5 opponent makes a difference.

msstatelp1
09-14-2019, 09:29 PM
No coach worth a shit will take this job if you fire him. Fire a second year coach who had to face the suspensions and injuries that JoMo has is how you end up with a Matt Luke, Rich Rod, or Jeremy Pruitt (after Tennessee fires him) type coach.

Todd4State
09-14-2019, 09:42 PM
Hire a new S&C coach, hire a new special teams coach, tell the players to not cheat and then hope the JUCO's are worth a darn.

I know no one wants to hear it but coaches do need some reasonable time to get their players in that fit their system and two years isn't enough. Give him two more years after this and see how things look.

We also have the rest of this year too. You never know how things will end up. Heck- we lost to Oklahoma State, Kentucky, and a bad LSU team in 1998 and won the SEC West.

And as has been stated above there are holes from recruiting that the previous staff didn't address.

Todd4State
09-14-2019, 09:44 PM
Exactly, and there is why he is losing the fanbase.

Perception vs. reality. Dan only won one more game than Croom did in 2009. And we were only two years off of going to the Liberty Bowl. Croom left holes and even though we are a better program now Dan left Joe holes too because of his recruiting. And I guarantee you it would have bit Dan in the ass like it's biting Joe in the ass right now.

sandwolf
09-14-2019, 11:18 PM

You can't compare total recruiting points today to 2011. Today, if you sign with a Power 5 school, you get 3 stars automatically.....they didn't do that shit in 2011. They give out way more stars/points today than they did 10 years ago.....more stars=more excitement=more subscriptions.

sandwolf
09-14-2019, 11:39 PM
Perception vs. reality. Dan only won one more game than Croom did in 2009. And we were only two years off of going to the Liberty Bowl. Croom left holes and even though we are a better program now Dan left Joe holes too because of his recruiting. And I guarantee you it would have bit Dan in the ass like it's biting Joe in the ass right now.

People got fired up in '09 because you could immediately see the difference in the product that was put on the field, even though it didn't necessarily show up in the win column in year 1. The team played hard and disciplined, and the offense was crisp and cohesive and they knew what they were doing.....anyone who had been watching Croom's teams for the past 5 years knew that we had upgraded in a big way, and then it translated to the field in year 2. Today the opposite is happening.....people are jumping ship on Moorhead because they see the product and they know that it is a substantial downgrade.

Todd4State
09-15-2019, 12:07 AM
People got fired up in '09 because you could immediately see the difference in the product that was put on the field, even though it didn't necessarily show up in the win column in year 1. The team played hard and disciplined, and the offense was crisp and cohesive and they knew what they were doing.....anyone who had been watching Croom's teams for the past 5 years knew that we had upgraded in a big way, and then it translated to the field in year 2. Today the opposite is happening.....people are jumping ship on Moorhead because they see the product and they know that it is a substantial downgrade.

The offense works fine when Tommy is healthy. I definitely understand the concerns. The team wasn't ready on any side of the ball today. Joe's offense works much better than Croom's. A lot of our fans have forgotten just how bad it was.

dawgday166
09-15-2019, 12:09 AM
The offense works fine when Tommy is healthy. I definitely understand the concerns. The team wasn't ready on any side of the ball today. Joe's offense works much better than Croom's. A lot of our fans have forgotten just how bad it was.

Against who? Tommy may be great but he ain't gonna be great when he's laying on his back all the time.

Goldendawg
09-15-2019, 12:11 AM

I remembered how bad it was after we gained 3 yards rushing in the 1st quarter today and went 3 and out 7 times and yeah, I was there for the entire game.

CadaverDawg
09-15-2019, 12:39 AM

^This^

dantheman4248
09-15-2019, 12:44 AM
Offense had a lot of room to go up from 3-2 and 45-0.

Dan is better making shit talent play good and fitting his system to players. However, his system has a cap and we saw it.

Joe can’t take talent that doesn’t fit his system and win. It’s evident. However his system has a higher ceiling and it remains to be seen what “his players” can do in his system here.

defiantdog
09-15-2019, 01:56 AM
It'll be worse when Kentucky goes woodshed on us next week

Maroonthirteen
09-15-2019, 06:34 AM
Offense had a lot of room to go up from 3-2 and 45-0.

Dan is better making shit talent play good and fitting his system to players. However, his system has a cap and we saw it.

Joe can?t take talent that doesn?t fit his system and win. It?s evident. However his system has a higher ceiling and it remains to be seen what ?his players? can do in his system here.

I agree with this.

JoMo has his faults at the moment. But he is recruiting well.

Also anyone that thinks we can fire coaches just whenever hasn?t paid attention to college football. Alabama?s coaching office was a revolving door after firing Stallings. Alabama had some lean years 1997 to 2007. Look at Arkansas and Tennessee.... bad hire after bad hire.

So in response to the OP, that?s the sell. He is recruiting well. He will get better with more experience as HC. You have to keep consistency in your program.

R2Dawg
09-15-2019, 08:16 AM

If you compare Dan's first year to Croom's last that is apples and oranges. All you had to do is watch to two teams play and see the Dan difference. Dan's first team would destroyed Croom's last. We got screwed against Houston and GT. Our schedule was tougher Dan's first year than Croom's last.

Just like 2012 undefeated, we believe tour. Sometimes it is about how you look on the field doing it, not just about the record. Same last year and this year with Jo. 8-5 last year looks OK record wise but what made up that 8-5 wasn't good.

Lord McBuckethead
09-15-2019, 09:13 AM
Mullen lost to South Alabama. Done with this argument.

Turfdawg67
09-15-2019, 09:33 AM
I remembered how bad it was after we gained 3 yards rushing in the 1st quarter today and went 3 and out 7 times and yeah, I was there for the entire game.

And in just about every one of those 3 and outs, a receiver either dropped a pass or an obviously hurt Stevens overthrew them. Any of those catches extends the drive.

Turfdawg67
09-15-2019, 09:34 AM

In year 7 or 8...

TrapGame
09-15-2019, 09:35 AM

Because he wore shorts.**

TrapGame
09-15-2019, 09:38 AM
And in just about every one of those 3 and outs, a receiver either dropped a pass or an obviously hurt Stevens overthrew them. Any of those catches extends the drive.

This is one of the few things that keeps me from going full dark side. A 100% healthy Stevens makes the wide open throws he missed yesterday. He also probably would have run more too. I think we win with a healthy Stevens all four quarters.

dantheman4248
09-15-2019, 09:43 AM
This is one of the few things that keeps me from going full dark side. A 100% healthy Stevens makes the wide open throws he missed yesterday. He also probably would have run more too. I think we win with a healthy Stevens all four quarters.

Fully healthy Stevens and we win handily. No dumb fumble by him, 7 pts off the board for KSU, 7 back to us. At least two other drives end with TDs instead of bad throws or freshman qb inconsistency. We win about 45-24.

Turfdawg67
09-15-2019, 09:49 AM

And some of us painfully remember...

https://i.postimg.cc/YCVj6pzk/IMG-0661.jpg

Sparrows2
09-15-2019, 09:54 AM
In year 7 or 8...

At home

Doggie_Style
09-15-2019, 09:59 AM
Because he wore shorts.**

Yes.....he did

Todd4State
09-15-2019, 09:59 AM
Against who? Tommy may be great but he ain't gonna be great when he's laying on his back all the time.

Every opponent this year when he was healthy. Healthy being the key word here.

Todd4State
09-15-2019, 10:05 AM
If you compare Dan's first year to Croom's last that is apples and oranges. All you had to do is watch to two teams play and see the Dan difference. Dan's first team would destroyed Croom's last. We got screwed against Houston and GT. Our schedule was tougher Dan's first year than Croom's last.

Just like 2012 undefeated, we believe tour. Sometimes it is about how you look on the field doing it, not just about the record. Same last year and this year with Jo. 8-5 last year looks OK record wise but what made up that 8-5 wasn't good.

A lot of that is perception. Remember how we lost to LSU in 2009 because we got cute when all we had to do was hand the ball off? Or Houston when Dan failed to request a replay?

It's much easier to replace a coach that was not liked by much of our fanbase.

I think a lot of the problem between Joe and the fans right now is many fans right now have an irrational fear that Joe is going to bring us back to the 80's or whatever. The reality is even if that did happen it's not something that can't be fixed. Just like Rick Ray didn't ruin basketball permanently.

NCDawg
09-15-2019, 01:31 PM

I think you are correct. This team appears very undisciplined. I notice our good RB talking smack with the opposition, along with some of our other players on the team. Our HC says nothing to them and appears stoic on the sidelines. I'm not sure that Moorhead commands the respect of the team.

Coach007
09-21-2019, 07:45 PM
It's Mullen's and _______ (name of a qb) fault

Is this enough of a selling point? 77%??

msstate7
09-21-2019, 07:47 PM
Is this enough of a selling point? 77%??

Huh? 77% of what?

Coach007
09-21-2019, 07:51 PM
Huh? 77% of what?

Competition of passes by a true freshman. You know... your first post was in reference to Fitz in Moorhead's system.

BhamDawg205
09-21-2019, 07:51 PM
Great win MSU... Verdict still out on Jo. Ok 007 you've become what you been clamoring about. WE GET IT. Don't ruin tonight's win.

msstate7
09-21-2019, 07:52 PM
Great win MSU... Verdict still out on Jo. Ok 007 you've become what you been clamoring about. WE GET IT. Don't ruin tonight's win.

He's a troll. Has to be

Coach34
09-21-2019, 07:58 PM
Bottom line is we only scored 21 points on offense with over 400 yards of offense. Good win today but we got lucky- I'll take it.

Coach007
09-21-2019, 07:59 PM
He's a troll. Has to be

Yet you are not for doing the same thing. GOT IT.

I will leave this alone because I think everybody sees the point of what you and a few have been doing. Nobody is safe to applaud the team nor the success because you and a few seek them out to bash them.

No more.

Not going to sit back while you are allowed to do that. Don't like it, then stop it from your end. From here out, I will call out that to the owners and mods.

#HAILSTATE!

timotheus
09-21-2019, 08:00 PM
it's a positive today. gotta perform much better to move up in the SEC as we all want

Red Sox Dawg
09-21-2019, 08:00 PM
Lucky we only won by 2 Touchdowns. I’ll take it. Bet the Coach and players don’t feel it was luck. Great win Dawgs. 28-13

dantheman4248
09-21-2019, 08:02 PM
Bottom line is we only scored 21 points on offense with over 400 yards of offense. Good win today but we got lucky- I'll take it.

Got lucky that the defense helped us to a 15 point win. Imagine. “Got Lucky”. Jesus christ you’re insufferable. Got bet against us again. I’m sure you’ll be able to pay for sizzler at some point.

msstate7
09-21-2019, 08:03 PM

I will leave this alone because I think everybody sees the point of what you and a few have been doing. Nobody is safe to applaud the team nor the success because you and a few seek them out to bash them.

No more.

Not going to sit back while you are allowed to do that. Don't like it, then stop it from your end. From here out, I will call out that to the owners and mods.

#HAILSTATE!

I've made several post today saying joe and shrader did a good job. I give credit when it's due, and I criticize when it's due. This was a good win, but you're acting like we just won the west or something. We were favored. We were at home. Fpi and s&p+ said we were supposed to win. We took care of business, and I'm proud joe got it done.

Dawg61
09-21-2019, 08:04 PM

No more.

#HAILSTATE!

007 is drunk I think. Dude is full out melting after we won.

dawgday166
09-21-2019, 08:04 PM
I'm not sold or un-sold. But it will take awhile to sell me. Maybe a couple of years ... not sure yet.

Homedawg
09-21-2019, 08:11 PM
Great win. Especially w a true fr. I'm excited about it. However, one win in a game we should win, doesn't overcome 4 losses that we shouldn't have. To go along w 2 other embarrassing offensive performances. Just doesn't.

DancingRabbit
09-21-2019, 08:13 PM
He's a troll. Has to be

LOL

I seen it dawg
09-21-2019, 08:14 PM
Great win. Especially w a true fr. I'm excited about it. However, one win in a game we should win, doesn't overcome 4 losses that we shouldn't have. To go along w 2 other embarrassing offensive performances. Just doesn't.

We've only lost 1 game this year.

Commercecomet24
09-21-2019, 08:36 PM
I've made several post today saying joe and shrader did a good job. I give credit when it's due, and I criticize when it's due. This was a good win, but you're acting like we just won the west or something. We were favored. We were at home. Fpi and s&p+ said we were supposed to win. We took care of business, and I'm proud joe got it done.

One thing about 7 he can melt pretty good but he will admit when he's wrong and give props when it's due. And he's always on top of stats and metrics

BhamDawg205
09-21-2019, 11:16 PM
I'm not sold or un-sold. But it will take awhile to sell me. Maybe a couple of years ... not sure yet.

I think the majority are in " wait and see"... We as a fan base should want and demand the ability to compete. We should be able to celebrate in victory while pointing out obvious flaws.

Reunion Dog
09-21-2019, 11:19 PM
True. The male Cheerleader from Jackson Prep 17'd us in basketball. Rick Ray just added 4 years of prime time kenlin to the fire...

I’ll sell candy bars if it’ll pay the buyout.

Exactly how has he earned it John?

We have enough depth to win today ... if they're coached well. And they ain't. Any team that has smacked us in the mouth hard comes out on top. KY, FL (both should've been wins), LSU (probably should've been), and I believe we could've had a shot at Bama last year too. Then Iowa now KSU. We are a soft team. D was stout as hell last year but we soft all over this year.

Here Here!

A lot of that is perception. Remember how we lost to LSU in 2009 because we got cute when all we had to do was hand the ball off? Or Houston when Dan failed to request a replay?

It's much easier to replace a coach that was not liked by much of our fanbase.

I think a lot of the problem between Joe and the fans right now is many fans right now have an irrational fear that Joe is going to bring us back to the 80's or whatever. The reality is even if that did happen it's not something that can't be fixed. Just like Rick Ray didn't ruin basketball permanently.

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2019, 11:25 PM

Doesn't 21 points with over 400 yards of offense mean that we should've scored a lot more?

Seems like KY got lucky that it wasn't 35 or 42 - 13

dawgday166
09-21-2019, 11:26 PM
True. The male Cheerleader from Jackson Prep 17'd us in basketball. Rick Ray just added 4 years of prime time kenlin to the fire...

Lol .. I didn't say fire Joe nor did I say anything that isn't true. KY never really smacked us in the mouth hard today.

ETA: And I didn't see anything that assures me we're well coached yet either. Team still playing undisciplined and, going back to AU game last year, we looked very well coached then. Joe could still lay a big egg this year after today's game. When we get a little bit more consistent, I'll start warming up to Joe a little more. I predicted this win and figure we'll lose in Knoxville.

Cooterpoot
09-21-2019, 11:34 PM
Jo knew that was a must win and so did his boss. Next one is TN. Sneak out a win vs A&M and we’re back on schedule.

dawgday166
09-21-2019, 11:35 PM
Doesn't 21 points with over 400 yards of offense mean that we should've scored a lot more?

A little over 400 yds in today's CFB is about average or so. Not earth shattering.

dawgday166
09-21-2019, 11:38 PM
I think the majority are in " wait and see"... We as a fan base should want and demand the ability to compete. We should be able to celebrate in victory while pointing out obvious flaws.

Can't say anything negative now �� I imagine Joe and the staff after team watches film will tell them "guys, y'all played a perfect game. Nuthin to fix, take the day off."

DancingRabbit
09-21-2019, 11:40 PM
Can't say anything negative now �� I imagine Joe and the staff after team watches film will tell them "guys, y'all played a perfect game. Nuthin to fix, take the day off."

Dude, sorry we won.

dawgday166
09-21-2019, 11:44 PM
Dude, sorry we won.

Lol ... Hadn't said anything negative tonight and that wasn't negative either. Didn't mean to ruffle your skirt. **

DancingRabbit
09-21-2019, 11:46 PM
Lol ... Hadn't said anything negative tonight and that wasn't negative either. Didn't mean to ruffle your skirt. **

I think I'm taking on a he-man here. I hope you're a walk-on fan.

dawgday166
09-21-2019, 11:47 PM
Whatever

BhamDawg205
09-21-2019, 11:51 PM

LOL You know like most things these days.... There seems to be no middle ground, you either against Jo or for Jo. No one is above praise or criticism. Jo is building this program in his image. That means tearing down what Mullen did to the studs and foundation, sink or swim. Some of us Ole schools just want more consistency and discipline along the way. He's still figuring things out. Year 3 is make or break for me.

dawgday166
09-21-2019, 11:57 PM
LOL You know like most things these days.... There seems to be no middle ground, you either against Jo or for Jo. No one is above praise or criticism. Jo is building this program in his image. That means tearing down what Mullen did to the studs and foundation, sink or swim. Some of us Ole schools just want more consistency and discipline along the way. He's still figuring things out. Year 3 is make or break for me.

What I really love are the game threads. One minute a player is getting dog cussed by someone as the worst there is and the next he's the best to ever play at MSU. Seems like most folks don't realize there are ebbs and flows in most games. That's why I rarely post in game threads.

GeorgeKaplan
09-22-2019, 12:02 AM
For the record, I'm off the Joe train completely. But you want me to play devils advocate so here it goes...

1) Recruiting. Moorhead certainly seems to be bringing in good talent, so even if we let Joe stay too long the next coach will have plenty to work with as we should still be top 20-25 in the team talent rankings.

2) As a sub component of recruiting, he's done a really good job on the 3 most important areas: OL, DL, and QB. So, you can say we're building a very good foundation but right now we can't see the fruits of it.

3) Many great coaches take a few years to get going. Joe can learn and improve as time goes on... personally, I think if he'd be more of a disciplinarian with the team and focus more on physicality, he'd be a fantastic coach for us. Right now I jut think he's too soft all round, and these kids with a no-nonsense "mess up and get the cane" background don't respect his intellectual approach to everything.

Own it, man. You are the hot take on the message boards so own it for good, right. Joe is just incompetent.

A few questions:
when have we gotten a five star OL before Joe?
when have we gotten a Florida State commit before Joe?
in the last 10 years, when have we gotten a top 100 RB from GA?

Your wife or significant other should take your keyboard from you. Not to beat you with it--just prevent you from making an ass of yourself.

BhamDawg205
09-22-2019, 12:36 AM
What I really love are the game threads. One minute a player is getting dog cussed by someone as the worst there is and the next he's the best to ever play at MSU. Seems like most folks don't realize there are ebbs and flows in most games. That's why I rarely post in game threads.

Yea sometimes reading is the best policy. A lot of posters probably have better manners in person... Hmm well at least I hope so.

GeorgeKaplan
09-22-2019, 12:42 AM

Our starting QB with four years experience in the offense was hurt, but WE were the ones that got lucky yeah?

You're like Kramer doing stand-up here. Stop already. Lml

dantheman4248
09-22-2019, 01:47 AM

He calls bets he loses as the other team getting lucky. Sucker took the +6 bait on UK hook line and sinker.

Hilarious that his ban bet he A. couldn?t uphold and B. lead to a moderator telling the board to stop ban bets cause the mos not gonna enforce them.

This is an MSU board. Betting against the team so blatantly on something that is 50/50... why are you here?

Commercecomet24
09-22-2019, 02:01 AM
Our starting QB with four years experience in the offense was hurt, but WE were the ones that got lucky yeah?

You're like Kramer doing stand-up here. Stop already. Lml

Yeah you don't win because you're lucky you win because you make more plays and we made more plays therefore we won. We made more plays than they did. Period.

msstate7
09-22-2019, 07:22 AM

400 yards isn't very good anymore. Last season, 400 total offense a game would've been 10th in the Sec (where we finished, coincidentally). This season, it would be 12th in the sec. Yesterday, i thought we looked better offensively, but we got a ways to go; we're 11th in total offense and 9th in scoring offense... we are 7th in yds/play though, but 10th in total plays. This week, we face the best defense on our schedule imo... big test

MetEdDawg
09-22-2019, 07:33 AM
400 yards isn't very good anymore. Last season, 400 total offense a game would've been 10th in the Sec (where we finished, coincidentally). This season, it would be 12th in the sec. Yesterday, i thought we looked better offensively, but we got a ways to go; we're 11th in total offense and 9th in scoring offense... we are 7th in yds/play though, but 10th in total plays. This week, we face the best defense on our schedule imo... big test

I think we can chalk that up to the fact a true freshman has played more quarters as our starting QB than the grad transfer who was in the offense. But we knew this going in and with a freshman, 400 yard average per game would be huge for us.

msstate7
09-22-2019, 07:37 AM
I think we can chalk that up to the fact a true freshman has played more quarters as our starting QB than the grad transfer who was in the offense. But we knew this going in and with a freshman, 400 yard average per game would be huge for us.

I thought the offense played well yesterday... I'm happy with Moorhead and shrader. I was just saying 400 isn't what it used to be. If we play like we did yesterday, that's good enough to get us to 7 wins... we'll have to play a good deal better to beat aTm on the road imo; I don't think we can beat auburn, LSU, or Bama (3 of the best in the country)

Ari Gold
09-22-2019, 07:53 AM
Saw the thread title...

Didn’t read ONE comment , just looked at who all posted

And no surprise it’s the same posters day after day , week after week, and I’m sure with the same tired posts..

confucius say
09-22-2019, 08:27 AM

Whoa now. C34 came on here yesterday and said we were the underdog if no TS. Nobody disagreed with him. And on the prediction thread I started this week nobody said we were the favorite without TS.

We have huge holes for sure. But That was a toss up or worse for us according to the football people on here and we won by 15. Calling it a game we should win after the fact looks petty.

Turfdawg67
09-22-2019, 10:43 AM

Gee... haven't heard that take. Do you just feel the need to copy and paste in every single thread, multiple times. We get it! Move on.

dantheman4248
09-22-2019, 11:02 AM

Yea you gotta just not take gameday threads seriously. It’s more for capturing how each moment feels to the fan base on the message board than any insightful discussion.

I seen it dawg
09-22-2019, 01:35 PM
He calls bets he loses as the other team getting lucky. Sucker took the +6 bait on UK hook line and sinker.

Hilarious that his ban bet he A. couldn?t uphold and B. lead to a moderator telling the board to stop ban bets cause the mos not gonna enforce them.

This is an MSU board. Betting against the team so blatantly on something that is 50/50... why are you here?

I told people the ban bets were stupid and not gonna happen in a thread before the ban bet in question.

I've never seen so much whining and crying on this board from some posters. And it's always the same ones reporting posts or sending PMs crying about shit. Stop being such bitches.