PDA

View Full Version : Did JoMo address Stevens coming out in post game?

Maroonthirteen
09-14-2019, 05:19 PM
Maybe his shoulder is bothering him. He certainly didn?t look like the same guy.

However I find it interesting that we ran Stevens so much during the game. Two straight power runs on the goal line at one point.

Sparrows2
09-14-2019, 05:43 PM
He probably felt it was obvious after the pick and then throwing the next pass not in the same zip code as the reciever

msu15
09-14-2019, 05:45 PM
On the radio he said that having Tommy in the game was hurting the team.

Bothrops
09-14-2019, 05:50 PM
I think the fans deserve to know what the actual health status is with Tommy. No more bullshit, spill the beans, mother****ers

Homedawg
09-14-2019, 05:51 PM
He probably felt it was obvious after the pick and then throwing the next pass not in the same zip code as the reciever

You got it backwards. Missed Guidry wide open on sideline, then the pick. Then when took him out. But all the same. He was rattled and bad.

Sparrows2
09-14-2019, 05:54 PM
Which means our Qb were 4/14 in the 2nd half
But hey the fact we couldn’t win was effort and coaching

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-14-2019, 06:07 PM

We literally had receivers not run any route on the last play- how can you not see effort was a problem?

We literally gave up a TD on kickoff coverage and did nothing good ourselves all game- how can you not say poor ST play was a problem?

We committed several dumb penalties, missed tackles, blew assignments on the back end, and had god awful clock management- how can you not say poor coaching was a problem?

Yes I think if the healthy Tommy of ULL or USM was playing we'd have won. Yes I think if Shrader came in and played like Dak vs the Giants we'd have won. But ALSO if we clean up 1/2 of the things above we'd have won...

So we have 1) poor coaching overall, 2) poor coaching on ST, 3) Poor effort (which is coaching), 4) poor QB play (due to injury and Shrader being a true Fr). Any one of them being fixed and we win. To say Joe shouldn't have the bulk of the blame here is insane

Coach007
09-14-2019, 06:12 PM
JoMo stated that at halftime his shoulder was getting tight and Tommy felt like he could not go.

We literally gave up a TD on kickoff coverage and did nothing good ourselves all game- how can you not say poor ST play was a problem?

Tell that to the 10 players suspended. Most of them would be on kick off coverage.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-14-2019, 06:53 PM
JoMo stated that at halftime his shoulder was getting tight and Tommy felt like he could not go.

Tell that to the 10 players suspended. Most of them would be on kick off coverage.

DO you know why most of them would be on ST coverage, even though only 2 are starters?

It's because special teams is a joke that requires ZERO athletic advantage to be decent at, so you keep your starters safe and put in the scrubs.

ST is the easiest position to replace. Oh, Marcus Murphy can't do punt coverage? OK, Jarian Jones will do just as good.

dawgday166
09-14-2019, 06:55 PM
You got it backwards. Missed Guidry wide open on sideline, then the pick. Then when took him out. But all the same. He was rattled and bad.

That's what I'm seeing too. And he ain't seen real pressure yet or been hit real hard either. That's why I'm not convinced he would've made any difference if healthy. Maybe so ... but I don't think he's our savior right now, healthy or not.

dawgday166
09-14-2019, 06:58 PM

As Joe said in a Monday press conference last year. He had to get the culture right, since it wasn't at the level he wanted it to be at. I thought he meant he was gonna elevate it ... but maybe he prefers more loose standard. I hate culture was so screwed up under Mullen ... relative to players doing what they should be doing.

Brahmabull
09-14-2019, 06:59 PM
So if our QB’s were so bad in the second half, what are we doing passing on 3rd and 2 deep in our own territory!? That is piss poor playcalling.

dawgday166
09-14-2019, 07:03 PM
Said Tommy's shoulder tightened up during half time.

Todd4State
09-14-2019, 07:35 PM
As Joe said in a Monday press conference last year. He had to get the culture right, since it wasn't at the level he wanted it to be at. I thought he meant he was gonna elevate it ... but maybe he prefers more loose standard. I hate culture was so screwed up under Mullen ... relative to players doing what they should be doing.

How was the culture screwed up under Mullen?

dawgday166
09-14-2019, 07:38 PM
How was the culture screwed up under Mullen?

It wasn't near as I can tell. Joe acted like he was trying to "elevate" it last year tho. Got real testy in PC over it. I believe it was when Aeris was suspended (boy did he get shafted by Joe).

Yet since Joe took over we've had numerous suspensions and now we're on probation due to players cheating on coursework.

R2Dawg
09-14-2019, 08:16 PM

The buck stops with coaches. Who's fault was ST TD? Our ST have been ill prepared all year, that is on coaching. If TS was hurt and couldn't perform, we should have never played him. Did JM make the wrong choice for QB? I don't know.

R2Dawg
09-14-2019, 08:17 PM
Said Tommy's shoulder tightened up during half time.

He didn't look very good lose in first half either. One or two good throws and that was about it.