PDA

View Full Version : NSFW: The Effort Level of Your 2019 MSU Football Team Sucks

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 05:05 PM
I don't know how to make GIFs, but I can damn sure use paint.

Here are screenshots of the last 2 plays vs K-State.

Notice the lack of effort or the lack of anyone having a clue what they are doing, which would signify yet further coaching issues. I feel that with tutor gate, effort issues, softeness everywhere on the team, etc. We are dangerously close to having a culture problem. If it doesn't get solved fast, this thing is going to plummet. Players are even accepting defeat & not mad about it on twitter. They just lost to a team that doesn't have near the level of talent they do & it's like they don't even care.

Here is the 2nd to last play. Notice Kylin Hill's lack of give a 17 here. Instead of blocking & maybe allowing Shrader to spring free, Kylin just lets the tackler run right around him.

https://i.imgur.com/B8Ufnyt.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/zjgpUhp.jpg

Here is the last play. Notice the two WRs on the bottom Osiris & Dedrick? Then look at the clock between the first screenshot & 2nd. They don't 17ing move. They just stand there.

https://i.imgur.com/XM5n0Sd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/pt2sjQK.jpg

Is this lack of effort going to be punished? Why is this happening? We all made fun of the "strain" culture, but what has it been replaced by? It's been replaced by laziness, lack of attention to detail, enabling, & soft culture.

When is it going to end & MSU get back to playing MSU football?

I for one, think this is unacceptable, &, if you can't see where this is going over the next 18 months, you're blind.

bluelightstar
09-14-2019, 05:07 PM
Moorhead is soft. It is what it is.

BuckyIsAB****
09-14-2019, 05:08 PM
The last 2 plays were an absolute catastrophe on everyone. Our give a shit level and our preparedness level were both awful

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 05:09 PM
The last 2 plays were an absolute catastrophe on everyone. Our give a shit level and our preparedness level were both awful

The last two plays are a microcosm of the issues with this program right now. There is absolutely no sense of urgency. None.

And I'm supposed to go support quitters in 100 degree weather?

This shit better get fixed fast or it'll take 5+ years to undo it.

That being said, I expect nothing out of Cohen. Absolutely nothing. He doesn't see it

Coursesuper
09-14-2019, 05:11 PM

It's amazing to watch them quite like that. That's really not a good sign.

msu15
09-14-2019, 05:11 PM
I’ll still be there next week, but it’s hard to argue with anything you said. It all comes back to coaching. After Dan fumbled away 2014 I knew that he was not going to be the guy to lead us back to Atlanta because he was too much of a ***** in big games, but man Joe being 10-6 so far in his bulldog career with the schedule and talent that we’ve had is embarrassing.

Saltydog
09-14-2019, 05:12 PM
How dare you criticize Moorhead. He "DESERVES" 3 more years according to 007.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 05:14 PM
I’ll still be there next week, but it’s hard to argue with anything you said. It all comes back to coaching. After Dan fumbled away 2014 I knew that he was not going to be the guy to lead us back to Atlanta because he was too much of a ***** in big games, but man Joe being 10-6 so far in his bulldog career with the schedule and talent that we’ve had is embarrassing.

Joe can't take us to Atlanta because the players don't respect him or fear him.

Joe is managing an SEC football team like an MLB manager manages a baseball team. This is football, not baseball. There has to be some fear &, if there isn't fear, there better be an unbelievable level of energy that sets the culture like Pete Carroll & Dabo have. JoMo has neither

Sparrows2
09-14-2019, 05:18 PM
You really are a horrible fan
A bunch of freshmen on defense, a patchwork Ol
A starter QB that didn’t practice all week
A true freshman QB that played like it going 4/12 in the 2nd 1/2
It took a kick return to beat us
And you want to talk about culture

Seriously you as a fan are terrible

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 05:19 PM
A starter QB that didn’t practice all week

No, I just expect better. If we collectively did that, we'd be a better program

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-14-2019, 05:24 PM

Joe is managing an SEC football team like an MLB manager manages a baseball team. This is football, not baseball. There has to be some fear &, if there isn't fear, there better be an unbelievable level of energy that sets the culture like Pete Carroll & Dabo have. JoMo has neither

Joe is managing the team like it's a bunch of well parented private HS attending pre-med students like he had up north. Half these kids had a joke of an education. Half of them had a god awful home life. Half of them haven't been taught to respect and follow those in charge. They grew up looking out for themselves because nobody else would. They grew up with little faith that "the man" -if you will- can be trusted to have their best interest at heart. So, when a coach ("the man") tells them they need to do X, they're less likely to follow that order.

It sounds stupid but I think it's true. To coach down here you've got to be a lot more harsh than you do up there to maintain the same level of discipline

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 05:26 PM
Joe is managing the team like it's a bunch of well parented private HS attending pre-med students like he had up north. Half these kids had a joke of an education. Half of them had a god awful home life. Half of them haven't been taught to respect and follow those in charge. They grew up looking out for themselves because nobody else would.

It sounds stupid but I think it's true. To coach down here you've got to be a lot more harsh than you do up there to maintain the same level of discipline

100% agree.

It's a bad fit. I've felt this way for sometime, but I'm absolutely sure of it now.

Joe is still the substitute teacher. It doesn't make him a bad teacher & he might be a great teacher somewhere else, but it is what it is

Pollodawg
09-14-2019, 05:27 PM
I can’t believe people aren’t spending thousands of dollars and devoting their weekends to watch this trash.**

Did I do it right, fan shamers.

Sparrows2
09-14-2019, 05:32 PM
No, I just expect better. If we collectively did that, we'd be a better program

So you expect better?
Curious were you at the game? How about last week? New Orleans?
Based upon the level of complaining I am going to guess you didn’t go.
How about the bowl game?
I am just wondering what commitment level justifies this level of expectations you have?

Bothrops
09-14-2019, 05:33 PM
Joe is managing the team like it's a bunch of well parented private HS attending pre-med students like he had up north. Half these kids had a joke of an education. Half of them had a god awful home life. Half of them haven't been taught to respect and follow those in charge. They grew up looking out for themselves because nobody else would. They grew up with little faith that "the man" -if you will- can be trusted to have their best interest at heart. So, when a coach ("the man") tells them they need to do X, they're less likely to follow that order.

Hmm..good stuff.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 05:34 PM
So you expect better?
How about the bowl game?
I am just wondering what commitment level justifies this level of expectations you have?

I have not once complained about attendance.

I'm complaining because I EXPECT players that put on that maroon & white to respect it & play with every ounce they have in their body.

That didn't happen today & it pisses me off.

Are you ok with this level of effort?

msu15
09-14-2019, 05:35 PM

Man you may be on to something. Joe is really in to the analytics. I know there’s a video on YouTube out there where he talks about the numbers and how bad it is to run a straight handoff on a goal line situation instead of running a read play.

Sparrows2
09-14-2019, 05:40 PM
I have not once complained about attendance.

I'm complaining because I EXPECT players that put on that maroon & white to respect it & play with every ounce they have in their body.

That didn't happen today & it pisses me off.

Are you ok with this level of effort?

I thought it was good effort by the team
Do I wish they played better
But when you consider AGAIN that our shraeder went 4/12 and Stevens 0/2 in the 2nd half I get why we lost and it has zero to do with effort

ShotgunDawg
Man you may be on to something. Joe is really in to the analytics. I know there’s a video on YouTube out there where he talks about the numbers and how bad it is to run a straight handoff on a goal line situation instead of running a read play.

Joe is likely an excellent OC because his personality does not set the culture of the program in that role. As a head coach, his personality sets the culture of the program.

Here is a great Dabo Sweeney quote on this subject.

Here is the article:https://theathletic.com/1181832/2019/09/04/clemson-football-coaching-sons-jeff-fruster-dabo-swinney-brent-venables/

https://i.imgur.com/kLx4ZZW.jpg

ShotgunDawg
But when you consider AGAIN that our shraeder went 4/12 and Stevens 0/2 in the 2nd half I get why we lost and it has zero to do with effort

We have different standards then

starkvegasdawg
09-14-2019, 05:49 PM
So you expect better?
How about the bowl game?

So you have to actually attend the games to have an opinion? I must have missed that clause in my season ticket packet. I'll go back and look.

TrapGame
09-14-2019, 05:50 PM
100% agree.

It's a bad fit. I've felt this way for sometime, but I'm absolutely sure of it now.

Joe is still the substitute teacher. It doesn't make him a bad teacher & he might be a great teacher somewhere else, but it is what it is

I see what you're saying and can't really disagree with it. I like Joe but their is "something" I can't put my finger on that seems to be missing.

Homedawg
09-14-2019, 05:53 PM

Smdh

msu15
09-14-2019, 05:57 PM
A starter QB that didn?t practice all week

Man carry that water

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 05:59 PM
I see what you're saying and can't really disagree with it. I like Joe but their is "something" I can't put my finger on that seems to be missing.

It's his personality, which he has no effect on & really can't do anything about.

He's a type B personality, which again, he can't do anything about.

What MSU football needs is an OCD, type A asshole or a type A positive guy (They are harder to find)

When you hire football coaches, everyone gets too caught up in schemes & pedigree, but the most important factor is their personality.

You have three groups of coaches that are successful:

The type A Assholes: Saban, Smart, Urban, Kelly, Belicheck, Payton, Herman, Jimbo, Parcells, Holmgren, Gruden, Arians, Shanahan

They type A positive guys: Carroll, Dabo, Andy Reid, Coach O, Lincoln Riley, James Franklin, Chris Peterson

The Old crusty guys that are just better coaches than everyone else: Dantonio, Ferentz, Pinkel, Tom Coughlin, Parcells morphed to this group

Then you have the marginal successful type B guys that just have a missing ingredients: Jason Garrett, JoMo, Rex Ryan, Sumlin, Todd Boles, etc

TrapGame
09-14-2019, 06:15 PM
I hate to say it but Joe comes off like Kevin Sumlin. Another offensive mind that had a team rolling and then gets the bigger more prestigious job in the SEC and it just starts to go south. I hope not but I'm getting that vibe a little.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 06:18 PM
I hate to say it but Joe comes off like Kevin Sumlin. Another offensive mind that had a team rolling and then gets the bigger more prestigious job in the SEC and it just starts to go south. I hope not but I'm getting that vibe a little.

It takes a different type of person to win in the SEC, especially at a non-blue blood.

Sparrows2
09-14-2019, 06:22 PM
We have different standards then

Remind again what gives you the basis to have expectations?
Is it the number of games or bowl games you go to?
Or is it all the time you invest on this message board!

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 06:22 PM
I don't know if I would let Cohen hire the next football coach & here is why:

Cohen is the super intense, type A personality asshole that we need as our football, but I think the natural inclination of the Type A assholes is to hire people that won't challenge them & who they won't butt heads with.

We need a coach that will butt heads with Cohen. We need a coach that is strong enough to tell Cohen to GFH & move on along. I just don't think Cohen would hire that guy

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 06:24 PM
Remind again what gives you the basis to have expectations?
Is it the number of games or bowl games you go to?
Or is it all the time you invest on this message board!

Because I wore the maroon & white

Sparrows2
09-14-2019, 06:29 PM

You just don’t support the program? Unless banging on a keyboard counts as support?
You are entitled to an opinion, America says that.
Just not sure you are entitled to expectations in America unless someone has expectations of you.
That’s also America

Pollodawg
09-14-2019, 06:30 PM
You just don’t support the program? Unless banging on a keyboard counts as support?
Just not sure you are entitled to expectations in America unless someone has expectations of you.
That’s also America

This is literally the stupidest take of all time.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 06:31 PM
That’s also America

You're an idiot

Noxdog
09-14-2019, 06:32 PM

I was told you scouted baseball? You played football at MSU?

It honestly does not matter, your entitled to your opinion.

Noxdog
09-14-2019, 06:33 PM
That’s also America

Who is this? Joe's wife?

Please! We are entitled to have an opinion.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 06:36 PM
I was told you scouted baseball? You played football at MSU?

It honestly does not matter, your entitled to your opinion.

No, no

Sparrows2
09-14-2019, 06:39 PM
No, no

He doesn’t have an opinion he has expectations
That means he is owed some level of performance. Yet he doesnt support the program, apparently the program once paid him and somehow that makes him entitled.

Coursesuper
09-14-2019, 06:43 PM
He doesn’t have an opinion he has expectations
That means he is owed some level of performance. Yet he doesnt support the program, apparently the program once paid him and somehow that makes him entitled.

You are literally doubling down on the stupid right now. You should be embarrassed because I'm beginning to be embarrassed for you.

Sparrows2
09-14-2019, 06:54 PM
You are literally doubling down on the stupid right now. You should be embarrassed because I'm beginning to be embarrassed for you.

It’s true I may have stumbled on that area of the internet where people become confused about the real world. Let me try again. See in the real world having an opinion and typing doesn’t make it real.
For instance I can’t go to my former employers and tell them I expectations of them because I have an opinion. See, because I don’t work there any more, I don’t have the right to demand my expectations be met.
Now for instance I go to games sit in the heat and go to bowl games, so I can have expectations
See how it works

Coursesuper
09-14-2019, 06:57 PM
It’s true I may have stumbled on that area of the internet where people become confused about the real world. Let me try again. See in the real world having an opinion and typing doesn’t make it real.
For instance I can’t go to my former employers and tell them I expectations of them because I have an opinion. See, because I don’t work there any more, I don’t have the right to demand my expectations be met.
Now for instance I go to games sit in the heat and go to bowl games, so I can have expectations
See how it works

You are so far out to sea that you aren't even understanding what this is about. Bless your heart.

Bubb Rubb
09-14-2019, 07:55 PM
So you expect better?
Based upon the level of complaining I am going to guess you didn?t go.
How about the bowl game?

I was at 10 games plus the bowl game last year.
I've been to all three games this year.
I happen to agree with him that we have a significant culture problem on this team. It's quite obvious to anyone with a speck of intelligence.

So, does my commitment level justify expectations? Or does it at least add more validity to my concerns?

Sparrows2
09-14-2019, 08:06 PM
I was at 10 games plus the bowl game last year.
I've been to all three games this year.
I happen to agree with him that we have a significant culture problem on this team. It's quite obvious to anyone with a speck of intelligence.

So, does my commitment level justify expectations? Or does it at least add more validity to my concerns?
Yep it does

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 08:08 PM
Yep it does

I have season tickets & have been going to games my entire life while also attending MSU & playing a sport at MSU.

Do I count?

What exactly are your qualifications & who appointed you judge & jury of what those should be?

R2Dawg
09-14-2019, 08:11 PM
You just don?t support the program? Unless banging on a keyboard counts as support?
That?s also America

I have to ask, what in the world are you talking about? The higher up the leadership chain you go the more expectations and responsibilities fall on you in any organization. That is why those folks make more money. The expectations are pretty low for the ave fans.

Sparrows2
09-14-2019, 08:19 PM
I have season tickets & have been going to games my entire life while also attending MSU & playing a sport at MSU.

Do I count?

What exactly are your qualifications & who appointed you judge & jury of what those should be?

Again have you gone to any games this year did you go to the bowl game? No?
I am guessing no because a prolific poster like you would been steady posting about your game day expectations
My qualifications is that I care enough to go to games and bowl games, and I frankly think that counts more than people who like to sit in the air conditioning and commen about the effort of people playing in 90 heat

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 08:21 PM

So this is the criteria to analyze our football team?

Is there rule manual somewhere that you can point me to that tells me this?

I bet you live within an hour of campus. What if you live 10 hours from campus? Does the same criteria apply?

Just want to make sure I have the rules right.

Todd4State
09-14-2019, 08:27 PM
The last two plays are a microcosm of the issues with this program right now. There is absolutely no sense of urgency. None.

And I'm supposed to go support quitters in 100 degree weather?

This shit better get fixed fast or it'll take 5+ years to undo it.

That being said, I expect nothing out of Cohen. Absolutely nothing. He doesn't see it

Between the suspensions, injuries and the fact that he can scapegoat the S&C coach and Joey Jones Joe probably isn't going anywhere unless we lose out or there is a Cannizaro type scandal going on.

And Cohen really shouldn't fire anyone after two years considering his first two as our baseball coach.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 08:31 PM
Between the suspensions, injuries and the fact that he can scapegoat the S&C coach and Joey Jones Joe probably isn't going anywhere unless we lose out or there is a Cannizaro type scandal going on.

And Cohen really shouldn't fire anyone after two years considering his first two as our baseball coach.

I'm just worried we are going to lose that little bit of our identity that we have left.

Sparrows2
09-14-2019, 08:35 PM
So this is the criteria to analyze our football team?

Is there rule manual somewhere that you can point me to that tells me this?

I bet you live within an hour of campus. What if you live 10 hours from campus? Does the same criteria apply?

Just want to make sure I have the rules right.

Again you can have all the opinions you want just don’t be announcing your expectations from your air conditioned recliner about hustle in the heat, and their commitment

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 08:39 PM
Again you can have all the opinions you want just don’t be announcing your expectations from your air conditioned recliner about hustle in the heat, and their commitment

So none of us can complain about road games unless we attend?

Maridian Dawg
09-14-2019, 08:44 PM
Before y'all call me out, I was at the Outback Bowl, I was in New Orleans, I was there last week, and I was there today. There's simply no excuse to what was on the field today. No excuse. With suspensions and all, we're still the more talented team by far. We've got a serious coaching problem, and y'all need to take off the maroon glasses and see what's really going on. Anyone can tell by the 3 games this year that we lack preparation. We look like we've never seen a football in our lives. And if this keeps up, the culture that's been here for 10 years will be gone in an instant. Someone needs to light a GD fire under JoMo's ass.

Sparrows2
09-14-2019, 08:54 PM
So none of us can complain about road games unless we attend?

Since you ate asking my opinion I would go with this as a rule
I take it that for whatever reason it’s not been convenient enough for you to have gone to the last 4 games.
So yeah I would feel embarrassed to be calling out peoples effort if I wear you

Bubb Rubb
09-14-2019, 09:37 PM
Since you ate asking my opinion I would go with this as a rule
I take it that for whatever reason it’s not been convenient enough for you to have gone to the last 4 games.
So yeah I would feel embarrassed to be calling out peoples effort if I wear you

This is such an idiotic take. I mean, seriously, a really low-intelligence position.

I mean, I never have to get off the couch to watch a game on TV and see that a team is playing with poor effort and execution. Your suggestion that we "show effort ourselves" has absolutely no bearing on the game, and I can certainly call it as i see it...whether I see it from the bleachers or the couch. And going to games doesn't make us better than anyone. In fact, at this point, it can be argued that it makes us dumber. That's certainly how I felt fighting heat stroke and watching that abortion of an effort and coaching job today.

Dawgcap
09-14-2019, 09:43 PM
The melts on here can be ridiculous but to suggest someone can’t expre there opinions because of attendance is ridiculous. Things aren’t as bad as several suggest but don’t sugarcoat a half ass effort by several players and coaches. They don’t owe us anything true but guess what we don’t owe them either.

BuckyIsAB****
09-14-2019, 10:02 PM

Exactly. And kids here will take softness and think it is weakness. I dont think that Moorhead has lost them but I do see your point. Its just not fair to him to pin it all on him bc he is dealing with some shit right now that others probably never will with the combination of injuries and suspensions

Apoplectic
09-14-2019, 10:02 PM

Hall of fame post - someone tweet it to cohens

Todd4State
09-14-2019, 10:09 PM
I'm just worried we are going to lose that little bit of our identity that we have left.

To me that starts with S&C. And yes the coach sets the tone there too.

But it's like someone else said- when we lost games under Dan people complained that we were soft too.

I think we have a leadership problem at several levels both on the coaching staff and with the players. We don't have a Dak or Barrin Simpson type leader and we need that to be special.

I seen it dawg
09-15-2019, 07:20 PM
I am guessing no because a prolific poster like you would been steady posting about your game day expectations
My qualifications is that I care enough to go to games and bowl games, and I frankly think that counts more than people who like to sit in the air conditioning and commen about the effort of people playing in 90 heat

So because you have the ability to get to games and bowl games that makes your opinion better or mean more than others? Where the **** do you get off? There are a lot of great dogs, who have been dogs probably longer than your ass has been alive, that can't get to games but have as much passion and fervor for our school than anyone including you. You can take that ****ing horseshit somewhere else.

msstate7
09-15-2019, 07:24 PM
So because you have the ability to get to games and bowl games that makes your opinion better or mean more than others? Where the **** do you get off? There are a lot of great dogs, who have been dogs probably longer than your ass has been alive, that can't get to games but have as much passion and fervor for our school than anyone including you. You can take that ****ing horseshit somewhere else.

You're in serious danger of getting your miss state official fan status taken, mister**

Sparrows2
09-15-2019, 07:34 PM

I live in America where if you pay, your view counts more than the views of people who don’t pay.
It’s not fair but it’s kind of like the merit system.
So yeah on the bottom of the list is those who sit around and post and never attend games. So yeah if you live in Portland and can’t afford to go to bowl games, your opinion doesn’t count as much as someone who lives in a trailer in Verona and pays to sit in 90 heat

Coursesuper
09-15-2019, 07:40 PM

I couldn't have said this any better myself. Well said sir, well said indeed.

Coursesuper
09-15-2019, 07:45 PM
I live in America where if you pay, your view counts more than the views of people who don?t pay.
It?s not fair but it?s kind of like the merit system.
So yeah on the bottom of the list is those who sit around and post and never attend games. So yeah if you live in Portland and can?t afford to go to bowl games, your opinion doesn?t count as much as someone who lives in a trailer in Verona and pays to sit in 90 heat

That is some high grade horseshit right there.

timotheus
09-15-2019, 08:04 PM
And about all any of this will do is further display the fact that JoMo won't be a mid level SEC coach anytime in my lifetime. I don't think he will ever catch on. I hope that I am wrong but I think Cohen has dialed us up a doozy here.