PDA

View Full Version : We aren't good on the LOS

Bothrops
09-14-2019, 04:26 PM
On either side. The DL is bad and people with a brain knew it. Our defense sucks all around but we were overmatched by a more physical line today, which was expected. But whats surprising is, our OL isn't good. It is obvious to me that we aren't physically ready for game time. We just had KSU all but shut down our run game with #8 in it. We couldn't even block enough to get him back to the LOS some of the time. This is weak ass bullshit we got going on and people aren't doing their ******* job

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 04:27 PM
I don't understand the OL not being better today. They had a talent advantage at every spot

BayouDawg
09-14-2019, 04:33 PM
I don't understand the OL not being better today. They had a talent advantage at every spot

I think the fact that Stevens was off and then our backup had to come in allowed them to just stack the box and we couldn?t make them pay. That being said we still should have made adjustments and won the game.

Coach007
09-14-2019, 04:34 PM
On either side. The DL is bad and people with a brain knew it. Our defense sucks all around but we were overmatched by a more physical line today, which was expected. But whats surprising is, our OL isn't good. It is obvious to me that we aren't physically ready for game time. We just had KSU all but shut down our run game with #8 in it. We couldn't even block enough to get him back to the LOS some of the time. This is weak ass bullshit we got going on and people aren't doing their ******* job

Allowing 269 does not suck.

The OL is beat to hell. It's why True Freshman CROSS was playing today

Scared_Hitless
09-14-2019, 04:34 PM
Deke Adams and Marcus Johnson are recruiters. Baker and Hevesy were great coaches. We are seeing the regression. Also we are soft if anything under Mullen we were tougher than beef jerky

defiantdog
09-14-2019, 04:35 PM
We're missing Jenkins more than we thought we would too.

Sparrows2
09-14-2019, 04:37 PM
Allowing 269 does not suck.

The OL is beat to hell. It's why True Freshman CROSS was playing today

I mean what is hard to understand about this?

Saltydog
09-14-2019, 04:39 PM
Agreed Bothrops. You tried to tell people that this game wasn't a gimme. Yeah, the OL vastly underperformed today. If we can't block a very average Big 12 team we will embarrassingly get our asses handed to us beginning next week.

dantheman4248
09-14-2019, 04:54 PM
How in the wide world of sports are we blaming the OL who was down a starter, gave up only two sacks (both on the QB), lost another starter midgame, forced and recovered a fumble.

That OL played winning football today. the playcalling did not play to their strengths. We had another 200 yd day on the ground with 5 ypc. If we go run heavy in the 4th with a read option look we win the game. They performed well as did Kylin. The only thing that can stop him from getting 100 yds rushing is bad coaching.

chef dixon
09-14-2019, 04:56 PM
Defense played plenty good to win

Bothrops
09-14-2019, 04:58 PM
Agreed Bothrops. You tried to tell people that this game wasn't a gimme. Yeah, the OL vastly underperformed today. If we can't block a very average Big 12 team we will embarrassingly get our asses handed to us beginning next week.

I actually think the load up front may be a little easier next week, but don't tell anybody...

Saltydog
09-14-2019, 05:08 PM
We didn't do diddly in the first half running the ball. They shut us down and dominated the los. Even the announcers were saying they controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides. Anyway, the second half we started having some success but even said we couldn't consistently run it on them and couldn't break the long one. Now, a lot of that had something to do with them stacking the box because they knew we couldn't pass. We've got to stretch the field some or we're going to continue to see what we did today and that's not good with a true frosh QB. He's gonna be good but he's not ready for the better teams yet.

crackerjax
09-14-2019, 05:54 PM
Was disappointed with the center, Darryl Williams, today. He got absolutely manhandled and he ruined several plays by snapping the ball all over the place. Of course he may have had trouble snapping it because he knew he was about to get throttled. But he?s a senior.

msu15
09-14-2019, 05:55 PM
Was disappointed with the center, Darryl Williams, today. He got absolutely manhandled and he ruined several plays by snapping the ball all over the place. Of course he may have had trouble snapping it because he knew he was about to get throttled. But he?s a senior.

Maybe Cole Smith will save us next season.

Coursesuper
09-14-2019, 05:59 PM

I disagree, I'd say we are overrated. We don't move well at all, we big but we slow.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-14-2019, 06:00 PM
Maybe Cole Smith will save us next season.

... or maybe we need to clean house and get coaches that can instill physicality

msu15
09-14-2019, 06:21 PM
... or maybe we need to clean house and get coaches that can instill physicality

My bad I was referring to the snaps, but I definitely won’t argue that

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-14-2019, 06:27 PM
My bad I was referring to the snaps, but I definitely won’t argue that

oh I know you were, I'm saying I don't think an OL will ever be good if there's not a nardnosed physical attitude being instilled in them, and it's clean our current coaches can't do that