PDA

View Full Version : I?d like to apologize to Nick Fitzgerald

cheewgumm
09-14-2019, 04:17 PM
It?s not your fault.

Sparrows2
09-14-2019, 04:21 PM
Can you explain this comment to me?
Our Qb was hurt, didn’t practice all week, we trotted a true freshman out there. Gave them a defense full of true freshmen instead of 1st round draft choices.
The QB ‘ s went 11/27 and you think somehow is comparable to Nick’s play as a senior?

Coach007
09-14-2019, 04:25 PM
Can you explain this comment to me?
Our Qb was hurt, didn’t practice all week, we trotted a true freshman out there. Gave them a defense full of true freshmen instead of 1st round draft choices.
The QB ‘ s went 11/27 and you think somehow is comparable to Nick’s play as a senior?

THIS. My goodness.

People go over the top when we lose

cheewgumm
09-14-2019, 04:28 PM
So you?re saying it was his fault?

sandwolf
09-14-2019, 04:29 PM
It?s not your fault.

Correct. I loved the Moorhead hire, but it is very clear to me now that he just isn't the guy.

cheewgumm
09-14-2019, 04:31 PM
Sparrow so you?re saying you should win with a defense full of 1st rd draft choices?

RougeDawg
09-14-2019, 04:33 PM
For those with comprehension impairment let me try to explain what the OP says.

People bashed Fitz all last year, saying he was the reason we had all the dropped passes that hit in the hands. That SloMos offense was held back because of Fitz.

Had nothing to do with incompetent coaching and play calling last year. No Fitz this year and we still see the dropped passes and incompetence with play calling.

He is apologizing for blaming Fitz last year.

This should not even be up for debate until the results on the field change and create a debatable subject.

Sparrows2
09-14-2019, 04:35 PM
No I am saying most teams are not going to win going 11/27, full of freshmen in defense on with an 11 am kick
It’s not coaching it’s injuries and poor roster management by the previous guy.
What’s croomesque is being forced to play that many underclass men unless they are named Simmons/Cox/jines

msstate7
09-14-2019, 04:36 PM
Blaming Mullen for today is beyond idiotic. Par for the course here though

Coach007
09-14-2019, 04:38 PM

No.. Saying that a QB is injured. It happens. Let Burrow go down and they will suffer too.

Then take the injuries to the OL that force a true freshman to play and it adds to it.
Then take the injury to an NFL 1st round CB and it adds to it.
Then take 10 people who are suspended that includes 2 starers on defense and serious rotation guy at WR...

YEAH... PURELY the coach....

Coach007
09-14-2019, 04:41 PM
Blaming Mullen for today is beyond idiotic. Par for the course here though

Who left the gap in the in DTs? Right now we are playing true freshmen that this staff recruited. Who left? Who left the lack of depth at LB?

I mean, that 4 classes difference.

tcdog70
09-14-2019, 04:42 PM
I'll say Nick never had a 4th quarter with 0 yards passing.

msstate7
09-14-2019, 04:43 PM
Who left the gap in the in DTs? Right now we are playing true freshmen that this staff recruited. Who left? Who left the lack of depth at LB?

I mean, that 4 classes difference.

Whose watch did tutor gate happen under?

Saltydog
09-14-2019, 04:44 PM
BAM! HEADSHOT!

Coach007
09-14-2019, 04:45 PM
People bashed Fitz all last year, saying he was the reason we had all the dropped passes that hit in the hands. That SloMos offense was held back because of Fitz.

YEP! And rightfully so. Unless Fitz was injured while attempting to throw it for most of the season....YEP!. Unless Fitz was a true freshman last year.. YEP!

Had nothing to do with incompetent coaching and play calling last year. No Fitz this year and we still see the dropped passes and incompetence with play calling.

Correct and NOT correct. We have a QB wh was throwing 73% and he was injured. Played today and was obvious he was off and was pulled. Not the same issues.

This should not even be up for debate until the results on the field change and create a debatable subject.

It has changes unless you think 40% in games like SFA don't count and the first 2 games this year don't count.

Coach007
09-14-2019, 04:47 PM
Whose watch did tutor gate happen under?

That's not on Mullen nor Moorhead. That's on the grown men that took that path. Next question.

msstate7
09-14-2019, 04:49 PM
That's not on Mullen nor Moorhead. That's on the grown men that took that path. Next question.

There's your DT and LB you were asking about. Call me crazy, but I hold a head coach responsible for every thing in his program

Coach007
09-14-2019, 04:53 PM
There's your DT and LB you were asking about. Call me crazy, but I hold a head coach responsible for every thing in his program

Yeah.. CALL me crazy, but when it happens outside the program I tend to blame the people responsible for it.

cheewgumm
09-14-2019, 04:56 PM
Everyone trashes Mullen but he also recruited Dak and the 3 first rounders from last year that you mention, that probably made for our most talented team ever. He left Moorhead the ability to win 10-11 games with what he left. That?s pretty incredible.

Back to today. I get all those points, just want to clarify that it?s not Fitzgerald?s fault anymore. That?s all.

Coach007
09-14-2019, 05:05 PM
Everyone trashes Mullen but he also recruited Dak and the 3 first rounders from last year that you mention, that probably made for our most talented team ever. He left Moorhead the ability to win 10-11 games with what he left. That?s pretty incredible.

Back to today. I get all those points, just want to clarify that it?s not Fitzgerald?s fault anymore. That?s all.

I never trashed Mullen. But facts are facts.

We went from 2 to 3 deep on the DL and in 1 season having to play true freshmen. Moorhead was recruiting offense for PSU when that happened.

No. Today was not Fitz's fault. I have not seen that stated

cheewgumm
09-14-2019, 05:08 PM
Then you?ll agree that Mullen also left us with 3 first rounders on defense last year? And we were loaded. In fact he left probably the most talented team State has ever had.

He recruited those guys as well.

Also, we should have had Autry today, but we Chose to play him against USM. Mullen didn?t do that, nor didn?t Fitzgerald.

We could have used that guy today.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 05:12 PM
Then you?ll agree that Mullen also left us with 3 first rounders on defense last year? And we were loaded. In fact he left probably the most talented team State has ever had.

He recruited those guys as well.

Also, we should have had Autry today, but we Chose to play him against USM. Mullen didn?t do that, nor didn?t Fitzgerald.

I am absolutely baffled by the Autry decision.

I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall in that decision making process just to hear the logic

cheewgumm
09-14-2019, 05:13 PM
?We can not under any circumstances lose to USM?

Homedawg
09-14-2019, 05:17 PM
No.. Saying that a QB is injured. It happens. Let Burrow go down and they will suffer too.

Then take the injuries to the OL that force a true freshman to play and it adds to it.
Then take the injury to an NFL 1st round CB and it adds to it.
Then take 10 people who are suspended that includes 2 starers on defense and serious rotation guy at WR...

YEAH... PURELY the coach....
You better have a page full of excuses. This won't be the last one. But kudos to you, you're brave and stupid.

Coach007
09-14-2019, 05:18 PM
Then you?ll agree that Mullen also left us with 3 first rounders on defense last year? And we were loaded.

On defense. Yes.

In fact he left probably the most talented team State has ever had.

No way of knowing since the system that Moorhead runs is NOT the same as Mullen. We did not hire Moorhead to keep that system. We hired him to change it to the future. And he is.

Also, we should have had Autry today,

And would had had HE not cheated. That's on him.

Along with the 10 suspended that really hurts..... wait for it. Special Teams play.

Coach007
09-14-2019, 05:19 PM
I am absolutely baffled by the Autry decision.

I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall in that decision making process just to hear the logic

Me too. He should have never cheated. All he did was hurt his chances for the next level.

Coach007
09-14-2019, 05:20 PM
You better have a page full of excuses. This won't be the last one. But kudos to you, you're brave and stupid.

Name one thing that is false about that.

We both know you can't.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 05:21 PM
Me too. He should have never cheated. All he did was hurt his chances for the next level.

Well yeah, but that doesn't mean as a coach you double down on the problem by playing him vs USM. That was ridiculously dumb

cheewgumm
09-14-2019, 05:24 PM
Moorhead decides the 4 games he plays. He chose not to play him today but to play him against a vastly lesser opponent last week. That?s the coaches choice. That?s on the coach.

Homedawg
09-14-2019, 05:25 PM
Name one thing that is false about that.

We both know you can't.

Our ol has some injuries yes. But we have depth there. So not a big deal against an avg KSU team. Hell you said that before the game. Avg. yes we lost our qb. We didn't lose Bc of Shrader. The rest you knew about before the fame when you predicted a stomping. And said people were dumb for thinking otherwise. So I'd say you are the moron. Thanks for playing Mrs Moorhead. Oh and I really like joe. Honestly. Hope he succeeds. But it ain't looking good at present. Go find some more excuses. Cause w league coming up gonna need lots.

Coach007
09-14-2019, 05:26 PM
Well yeah, but that doesn't mean as a coach you double down on the problem by playing him vs USM. That was ridiculously dumb

No... You do what you have to do because 10 players decided to take themselves out of your rotation. Therefore you have to move players around just to be able to snap the damn ball.

We got 1 center back and moved Jackson back to DT this week.

You do what you have to do. Moorhead didn't create the situation. Put the blame where it belongs:

- Why do we not have Sr and Jr and some SO DTs? Mullen.

It should have never been a situation to where we HAD only 1 guy that mattered at DT.

Saltydog
09-14-2019, 05:27 PM
You're absolutely delusional. Now, you're blaming Mullen for leaving the cupboard bare. I could go back and find post from you time and again saying our DL had talent and was going to be fine and find post of you raving about this one or that one but it wouldn't make any difference. You'd spin it to fit your narrative. Truth is, you've been wrong on just about EVERYTHING thus far and everyone here knows it.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 05:28 PM
No... You do what you have to do because 10 players decided to take themselves out of your rotation. Therefore you have to move players around just to be able to snap the damn ball.

We got 1 center back and moved Jackson back to DT this week.

You do what you have to do. Moorhead didn't create the situation. Put the blame where it belongs:

- Why do we not have Sr and Jr and some SO DTs? Mullen.

It should have never been a situation to where we HAD only 1 guy that mattered at DT.

This is full of stupid & bias

Coach007
09-14-2019, 05:28 PM
Moorhead decides the 4 games he plays. He chose not to play him today but to play him against a vastly lesser opponent last week. That?s the coaches choice. That?s on the coach.

You are not really listening. Autry had to play vs USM. It wasn't a matter of anything other than Jackson had to be moved back to the OL. This week, Jackson was on the DL because we got one back.

Coach007
09-14-2019, 05:29 PM
Our ol has some injuries yes. But we have depth there. So not a big deal against an avg KSU team. Hell you said that before the game. Avg. yes we lost our qb. We didn't lose Bc of Shrader. The rest you knew about before the fame when you predicted a stomping. And said people were dumb for thinking otherwise. So I'd say you are the moron. Thanks for playing Mrs Moorhead. Oh and I really like joe. Honestly. Hope he succeeds. But it ain't looking good at present. Go find some more excuses. Cause w league coming up gonna need lots.

Thank you for confirming you could not.

Homedawg
09-14-2019, 05:30 PM

Can't be. 007 said so.

msstate7
09-14-2019, 05:31 PM
You're absolutely delusional. Now, you're blaming Mullen for leaving the cupboard bare. I could go back and find post from you time and again saying our DL had talent and was going to be fine and find post of you raving about this one or that one but it wouldn't make any difference. You'd spin it to fit your narrative. Truth is, you've been wrong on just about EVERYTHING thus far and everyone here knows it.

Coach007 - we are supremely talented, and will go 11-1

Also coach007 - Mullen is to blame for leaving us with no talent

Sparrows2
09-14-2019, 05:35 PM

Our QB went 4/12 in the second half so yeah that’s why we lost
It’s not Schaeders fault but it’s why we lost

msstate7
09-14-2019, 05:38 PM
Our QB went 4/12 in the second half so yeah that’s why we lost
It’s not Schaeders fault but it’s why we lost

Of course it isn't shrader's fault... it's Mullen's fault

Coach007
09-14-2019, 05:42 PM
This is full of stupid & bias

That is exactly what happened. LMAO! Here is a headline for you:

New Mississippi State dual threat? Lineman James Jackson

You see, Jackson is a redshirt sophomore who has already lined up at defensive tackle and center this season.

Early last week in preparations for the Southern Miss game, Jackson was notified by the coaches that he was needed on offense again.

"It was part of that storm where you only had two guys that snapped the ball get hurt in the first game," added Moorhead. "We met as a staff (last) Monday and we were not sure at that point. Because at that point last week, Darryl was not playing. So we needed an answer and moved (Jackson) over.

Tell me again that it's not accurate. Jackson played center last week. We are that banged up.

As to the recruiting. Where are all of the JR DTs? Where are all of the SR DTs? Where are allof the SO DTs?

We have 5 freshmen.
We have 1 Sophomore.
We have NO Juniors
We have 2 Sr.

WHO left that gap? Moorhead has been here 1 full recruiting season and came in at the end of another. The result... 5 FRIGGIN FRESHMEN and 1 SO who transfered in.

Who left 3 DTs on this team?

Coach007
09-14-2019, 05:43 PM
Coach007 - we are supremely talented, and will go 11-1

Also coach007 - Mullen is to blame for leaving us with no talent

Not what I stated at all. I said he left a gap on the DT and I have pointed that out.

Coach007
09-14-2019, 05:44 PM
Of course it isn't shrader's fault... it's Mullen's fault

WOW! LMAO!

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-14-2019, 05:56 PM
That is exactly what happened. LMAO! Here is a headline for you:

New Mississippi State dual threat? Lineman James Jackson

Tell me again that it's not accurate. Jackson played center last week. We are that banged up.

As to the recruiting. Where are all of the JR DTs? Where are all of the SR DTs? Where are allof the SO DTs?

We have 5 freshmen.
We have 1 Sophomore.
We have NO Juniors
We have 2 Sr.

WHO left that gap? Moorhead has been here 1 full recruiting season and came in at the end of another. The result... 5 FRIGGIN FRESHMEN and 1 SO who transfered in.

Who left 3 DTs on this team?

THE GAP AT DT DOESN'T 17 MATTER!!!!!

Kansas State had 269 yards of offense! They had 146 on the ground. DT's and defense as a whole had NOTHING to do with this loss.

Why did we lose? Shitty S&C that means we have a lot of injuries on OL. Shitty playcalling that went right into their hands of selling out to stop Kylin. Stevens being hurt meant he missed several open guys he would have hit if healthy. We have the worst ST play in the entire conference. Most of all, the team is so weak minded they QUIT on the last drive

Some of that is on Moorhead, like making bad S&C and ST hires, some of it is bad luck (a healthy Stevens and I think we win).

But no matter what you say about all that, DT play simply wasn't the problem and even mentioning it as a reason for the loss is disingenuous and you know it

Coach007
09-14-2019, 06:05 PM
THE GAP AT DT DOESN'T 17 MATTER!!!!!

Kansas State had 269 yards of offense!

To them it does. Just read.

Shitty S&C that means we have a lot of injuries on OL.

Our S&C is fine. Injuries are not always due to Conditioning.

Shitty playcalling that went right into their hands of selling out to stop Kylin.

That is fair. The 3rd & 2 pass is one I hate.

Stevens being hurt meant he missed several open guys he would have hit if healthy.

Agreed.

Most of all, we lost because we have the worst ST play in the entire conference.

Hurts when you have injuries and 10 players suspended. It changes your ST coverage.

But no matter what you say about all that, DT play simply wasn't the problem and even mentioning it as a reason for the loss is disingenuous and you know it

It was a problem in passing and in some runs.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 06:07 PM
Our S&C is fine. Injuries are not always due to Conditioning.

Not always, but when they are tallying up above the normal rate, it's a fair question to ask. S & C is the #1 protection against injuries.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-14-2019, 06:09 PM
Not always, but when they are tallying up above the normal rate, it's a fair question to ask. S & C is the #1 protection against injuries.

Exactly. Couple that with everyone noticing we looked out of shape vs ULL before the injuries started piling up and all signs point to our in house promotion of an unproven guy was a bad move

Todd4State
09-14-2019, 07:52 PM
About S&C from someone that has some knowledge on it. (Yep- I'm more than just a pretty anonymous face in the crowd).

S&C is as it has been already mentioned the second most important position on a football coaching staff behind the head coach. I have the same concerns as the others. We are not in as good a shape as we should be just looking at our team. Also when Cohen was the baseball coach- he wasn't that keenly aware of S&C when he was the coach. And we had issues with injuries because of it. Which most blamed on Wes Johnson. One Neal left and we got a better S&C coach we looked and played much better in baseball last year with minimal injuries. My point is we went cheap and just promoted from within and that was a HUGE mistake. And honestly if it were me that would be the first thing I would correct. I would try to throw a ton of money at the top assistant S&C at Alabama or Georgia if it were me.

Todd4State
09-14-2019, 07:56 PM
Exactly. Couple that with everyone noticing we looked out of shape vs ULL before the injuries started piling up and all signs point to our in house promotion of an unproven guy was a bad move

Yep. S&C is not just about strength. It's about injury prevention and becoming functionally athletic. Which would explain why we have a lot of issues with change of direction on defense causing us to be out of position or just not even get to the ball carrier period.

Or make tackles and change direction on special teams too.