PDA

View Full Version : Dropped passes? No Fitz to blame this year....

RougeDawg
09-14-2019, 04:07 PM
It really is amazing how many passes we drop, game after game. Some here wanted to blame Fitz for it last year. But we have no Fitz this year and the drops keep coming.

We could have won today with some catches, even though we should have been running the ball. The easy drops killed drives today. Killed us last year against Florida Kentucky and Iowa. This is and never was a Fitz problem and I do not see it getting better any time soon.

Lastly, it is almost harder to drop a ball than catch one that hits your hands with those sticky ass gloves they all wear. I guess that?s who we are because it is almost across the board, except for Mitchell and Kylin. The rest have issues catching balls that hit their hands. Another reason to stop throwing so damn much.

BuckyIsAB****
09-14-2019, 04:09 PM
They just aint got it. Theres a reason Zuber left and theres a reason Guidry cant do it. Guidry is a mental midget he never wanted to come here to begin with. I am tired of seeing him out there really

dawgday166
09-14-2019, 04:10 PM
Naw man ... That uncatchable ball Fitz threw screwed our WRs up for life. Even Zuber.

AROB44
09-14-2019, 04:21 PM
Osiris is the best receiver on the team.....hands down

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 04:22 PM
They just aint got it. Theres a reason Zuber left and theres a reason Guidry cant do it. Guidry is a mental midget he never wanted to come here to begin with. I am tired of seeing him out there really

Guidry is soft. He just doesn't want to get hit

KOdawg1
09-14-2019, 04:25 PM
Osirus is improved. That was a hell of a catch to close the 1st half. The rest of them are still mental midgets though

tcdog70
09-14-2019, 05:18 PM
Osiris caught the ball they reviewed and called incomplete. Were they blind. Guidy is Casper the ghost, he vanishes in games. Please Joe get the ball to Kylin on the edge.. how about a screen or maybe run a reverse.

BulldogBear
09-14-2019, 05:20 PM
I would add the 17ing high bad snap thing has to stop yesterday. Happend 8-10 times. Killed the last "real" drive on 1st down at their 30yl.

Coach007
09-14-2019, 05:21 PM
Osiris caught the ball they reviewed and called incomplete. Were they blind. Guidy is Casper the ghost, he vanishes in games. Please Joe get the ball to Kylin on the edge.. how about a screen or maybe run a reverse.

Can't replace Guidry with Whop because why????

defiantdog
09-14-2019, 05:23 PM

Whop is more of a slot guy.

Sparrows2
09-14-2019, 05:26 PM
I don’t remember that many drops
Zuber had one
Guidry’s supposed drop was right in front of me and it was a missile thrown o foot over his head on a crossing route
It was a terrible throw
Could it have been caught? Yep but it want a gimmee

Pollodawg
09-14-2019, 05:28 PM
Osiris is the best receiver on the team.....hands down

That’s where their hands are most of the time.

Homedawg
09-14-2019, 05:31 PM
It really is amazing how many passes we drop, game after game. Some here wanted to blame Fitz for it last year. But we have no Fitz this year and the drops keep coming.

We could have won today with some catches, even though we should have been running the ball. The easy drops killed drives today. Killed us last year against Florida Kentucky and Iowa. This is and never was a Fitz problem and I do not see it getting better any time soon.

Lastly, it is almost harder to drop a ball than catch one that hits your hands with those sticky ass gloves they all wear. I guess that?s who we are because it is almost across the board, except for Mitchell and Kylin. The rest have issues catching balls that hit their hands. Another reason to stop throwing so damn much.

They dropped passes too.

Homedawg
09-14-2019, 05:32 PM

Whop wasn't even in the top 7 receivers. More excuses.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-14-2019, 05:34 PM
I don’t remember that many drops
Zuber had one
Guidry’s supposed drop was right in front of me and it was a missile thrown o foot over his head on a crossing route
It was a terrible throw
Could it have been caught? Yep but it want a gimmee

Oh come on, it hit both his hands and it wasn't as fast as Fitz would throw. Ball was behind him, but it was at head height (high balls are easier to catch than low ones) and Guidry wasn't even reaching as far behind him as he could. It was a drop any way you call it. Every college QB throws a ball 2 feet behind his receiver, hell every NFL QB does it some too. And every time it hits 2 hands and isn't caught, the announcers say he should have had it, even if they also criticize the throw.

On the replay I noticed that his head was moving off the ball before he caught it; I think he was afraid he was about to get lit up. I'm inclined to believe Shotgun- he's afraid of contact

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-14-2019, 05:39 PM

Why does everyone assume Whop is good? We've literally never seen him do anything. Which is more likely: the staff that signed him has a personal vendetta against playing him and him alone even though he (according to some here) should be a starter.... OR, that he's just not good at this stage of his career. Maybe he can't learn the playbook. Maybe he's lazy as heck. But to count his lack of pt against Joe seems strange since we know nothing about him

Coach007
09-14-2019, 05:46 PM
Whop wasn't even in the top 7 receivers. More excuses.

Because he's suspended!

Coursesuper
09-14-2019, 05:50 PM
Because he's suspended!

Ignorance is bliss, but don't let that get in the way of being wrong over and over and over and over and over and over. But hey you love Mstate better than all the rest of us.

Sparrows2
09-14-2019, 05:52 PM
Oh come on, it hit both his hands and it wasn't as fast as Fitz would throw. Ball was behind him, but it was at head height (high balls are easier to catch than low ones) and Guidry wasn't even reaching as far behind him as he could. It was a drop any way you call it. Every college QB throws a ball 2 feet behind his receiver, hell every NFL QB does it some too. And every time it hits 2 hands and isn't caught, the announcers say he should have had it, even if they also criticize the throw.

On the replay I noticed that his head was moving off the ball before he caught it; I think he was afraid he was about to get lit up. I'm inclined to believe Shotgun- he's afraid of contact

No not every Qb throws crossing routes high and behind
If you miss you are supposed to miss low
And no not all Wr’s come down with them
Every nfl and college coach scores that as a poor throw that you are fortunate if you catch

Coursesuper
09-14-2019, 05:54 PM
Why does everyone assume Whop is good? We've literally never seen him do anything. Which is more likely: the staff that signed him has a personal vendetta against playing him and him alone even though he (according to some here) should be a starter.... OR, that he's just not good at this stage of his career. Maybe he can't learn the playbook. Maybe he's lazy as heck. But to count his lack of pt against Joe seems strange since we know nothing about him

He believes everything that Rosey and team print, he can't help it. And what he's trying to do is place this loss and the multiple others that this team is going to suffer this year on the suspended players, even though there are two starters not there and he doesn't account for rotation.

dawgoneyall
09-14-2019, 07:44 PM
But I thought it was all those uncatchable passes last year.

dawgday166
09-14-2019, 07:48 PM
Maybe he's lazy as heck. But to count his lack of pt against Joe seems strange since we know nothing about him

If being lazy causes a player to be benched then Guidry should never play a down for us.