PDA

View Full Version : Our stadium is too big for our fanbase

chef dixon
09-14-2019, 03:07 PM
It looked awful on TV. Next week might be worse

bluelightstar
09-14-2019, 03:16 PM
The fans have already turned on Moorhead. That?s our actual attendance problem.

THE Bruce Dickinson
09-14-2019, 03:19 PM
This is exactly right.

We don’t deserve a good football team. There might have been 10k fans there after half time. I’m sure most of the people bitching on this board weren’t even there. We were better than them I’m every statistical category. If you tell me that more fans wouldn’t have have mattered, I’ll call you a liar.

Our “fans” get too hot at the game yet will volunteer to go out into a field in full camo and shoot a rat that flies for an entire day. If you want to know who to blame for the loss, all you have to do is look in the mirror.

sleepy dawg
09-14-2019, 03:27 PM
bs

THE Bruce Dickinson
09-14-2019, 03:28 PM
Anyone watching Bama and SC right now? Think SC’s slam packed stadium has anything to do with the game being close? Think the score would be the same if the game were in Tuscaloosa or out in some field?

I guess it’s not hot there, and the sun isn’t out. Wait? It is? How are they not dead?!?

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-14-2019, 03:31 PM
Yep, the crowd was pathetic. I don't know what anybody has to complain about whenever we're putting 25,000 people in the stands against a mid-level power 5 team.

RougeDawg
09-14-2019, 03:31 PM
Anyone watching Bama and SC right now? Think SC?s slam packed stadium has anything to do with the game being close? Think the score would be the same if the game were in Tuscaloosa or out in some field?

I guess it?s not hot there, and the sun isn?t out. Wait? It is? How are they not dead?!?

They are playing Alabama at home. Not a team they run circles around talent wise and they should steamroll. Their coach makes some boneheaded decisions, but at least he knows his team, sticks to what they do best, and his teams play hard.

BayouDawg
09-14-2019, 03:32 PM
By no means am I taking up for joe but our fan base is always for a reason to not believe or support our teams. Sure we crapped the bed but it is a little strange to see so many people almost giddy that we did so bad.

Maroonthirteen
09-14-2019, 03:32 PM
we don’t have many hardcore true fans for sure. I’d say we have 10k that will follow this team anywhere and attend in conditions. Then they bring their spouse or kids.

Then when we are winning the casual fans show and bring their +1 and we can fill the stadium.

But yeah.. $2 tickets vs a P5 opponent and we have no takers.

RougeDawg
09-14-2019, 03:38 PM
we don?t have many hardcore true fans for sure. I?d say we have 10k that will follow this team anywhere and attend in conditions. Then they bring their spouse or kids.

Then when we are winning the casual fans show and bring their +1 and we can fill the stadium.

But yeah.. $2 tickets vs a P5 opponent and we have no takers.

The market dictates the price. When you put out a shitty project, people are not willing to pay much for it. Pretty simple economics.

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-14-2019, 03:42 PM
The market dictates the price. When you put out a shitty project, people are not willing to pay much for it. Pretty simple economics.

So we have to be better than 2-0, ranked, and playing a power five team to get more than 25,000 people in the stands? What more are you entitled to?

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 03:43 PM

No it's not.

People just aren't excited about what they see on the field

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 03:44 PM
So we have to be better than 2-0, ranked, and playing a power five team to get more than 25,000 people in the stands? What more are you entitled to?

Anyone with a pulse knows that we aren't good right now. This coaching staff isn't "IT"

Besides that, it's 100 degrees in the stadium. Quite blaming people that have absolutely nothing to do with the poor product on the field

Maroonthirteen
09-14-2019, 03:45 PM

Man, we are coming off the best years in our programs history. We were 2-0 with a win over an instate school.

If A fan thinks that is a shitty product, they can go to Columbus Walmart and buy bama garb.

RocketDawg
09-14-2019, 03:46 PM
Anyone watching Bama and SC right now? Think SC’s slam packed stadium has anything to do with the game being close? Think the score would be the same if the game were in Tuscaloosa or out in some field?

I guess it’s not hot there, and the sun isn’t out. Wait? It is? How are they not dead?!?

There are quite a few empty seats in the upper levels. And the're playing Alabama, not Kansas State. Temp at kickoff in Columbia was 86; 93 in Starkville at game's end, with a heat index of 99.

dantheman4248
09-14-2019, 03:46 PM

Real life intervened to keep from Starkville for my first game in 6+ years. Doesn’t mean I can’t still bitch about this. I’ll probably be there to bitch about it next week too hopefully.

BuckyIsAB****
09-14-2019, 03:48 PM
Uh no. Its 100 degrees outside for a 11 am game. Thats what happened. How quickly people forget that it was the same way against Umass in 2017

Bothrops
09-14-2019, 03:50 PM
The folks that complain about the crowds tend to be the ones at home every Saturday. "Stadium too big". ..
....you dont say

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-14-2019, 03:55 PM
Anyone with a pulse knows that we aren't good right now. This coaching staff isn't "IT"

Besides that, it's 100 degrees in the stadium. Quite blaming people that have absolutely nothing to do with the poor product on the field
Home-field advantage can absolutely help with the product on the field. I'm not making any excuses for what happened on the field. You're making excuses for why our fans aren't doing their part.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 03:56 PM
Home-field advantage can absolutely help with the product on the field. I'm not making any excuses for what happened on the field. You're making excuses for why our fans aren't doing their part.

I don't think the 22nd best roster in the country should need a great home field advantage to beat the 72nd best roster. Just me I guess

RougeDawg
09-14-2019, 03:57 PM
Man, we are coming off the best years in our programs history. We were 2-0 with a win over an instate school.

If A fan thinks that is a shitty product, they can go to Columbus Walmart and buy bama garb.

Not sure if your definition of shitty product is the same as mine. A head coach whose impacts have resulted in his teams playing worse than their talent level more games in 16 games than the previous coach did in 8 years, is a shitty product. This is 3 losses to teams we were favored by 7 or more. Add in Iowa for number 4. South Alabama was only game previous coach lost like this. We should win the games we out talent our opponents by such a large margin.

If SloMo had only had a neutral impact on 2018 team, we finish with 10 or 11 wins. If he had anything other than a negative impact this season, we are 3-0. It really is not that hard to comprehend.

BuckyIsAB****
09-14-2019, 03:58 PM
I don't think the 22nd best roster in the country should need a great home field advantage to beat the 72nd best roster. Just me I guess

You can keep spouting this all you want but if you really believe KSU is that bad I cant help you. I do agree though that the fans didnt have much to do with it and the stadium is not too big. It was hot as shit and I dont blame people for not going

Maroonthirteen
09-14-2019, 04:06 PM
Not sure if your definition of shitty product is the same as mine. A head coach whose impacts have resulted in his teams playing worse than their talent level more games in 16 games than the previous coach did in 8 years, is a shitty product. This is 3 losses to teams we were favored by 7 or more. Add in Iowa for number 4. South Alabama was only game previous coach lost like this. We should win the games we out talent our opponents by such a large margin.

If SloMo had only had a neutral impact on 2018 team, we finish with 10 or 11 wins. If he had anything other than a negative impact this season, we are 3-0. It really is not that hard to comprehend.

I guess so. I sat in Scott field through the 80s. While i was very disappointed we lost to Florida and Iowa. I felt before today the program needed my support to mAintain the moment of the Mullen era. I know of a few people I’m Tupelo that didn’t go today simply because of the early start. Hardcore vs casual there.

As far a shitty product, I didn’t want to believe it. Today.... we looked terrible. 1980s terrible.

Maroonthirteen
09-14-2019, 04:07 PM
You can keep spouting this all you want but if you really believe KSU is that bad I cant help you. I do agree though that the fans didnt have much to do with it and the stadium is not too big. It was hot as shit and I dont blame people for not going

Yeah. Their OL and DL whipped our ass today.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 04:11 PM

I'm going to trust the recruiting sites over you, while realizing that both are flawed

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-14-2019, 04:16 PM

Right, because you don't support program that's got to the point that it's at now by punching above its weight talent-wise. But now that we have talent, we're entitled to only filling up 40% of the stadium, while ranked, against a power five opponent and thinking that our head coach is the only thing derailing our football program.

RocketDawg
09-14-2019, 04:27 PM
For what it's worth, the stadium in Oxford isn't packed either.

R2Dawg
09-14-2019, 04:27 PM

Bingo, Was the stadium full in 2014? Put a good product on the field and people will show up. Our fan base not any different than Bama or anyone else.

Plus is was 11 kick and hot after a bad hot environment last week. I'll be there next week, not because I think we will win or cause I like JM but because I support MSU. We should have won today with 0 in the stands. Players and coaches win games. Yes fans help here and there but we had more fans than they did so no excuses.

THE Bruce Dickinson
09-14-2019, 04:31 PM
They are playing Alabama at home. Not a team they run circles around talent wise and they should steamroll. Their coach makes some boneheaded decisions, but at least he knows his team, sticks to what they do best, and his teams play hard.

Team we should steamroll? I guess you forgot to tell them that. Also, if you think 50k fans wouldn't have made a difference rather than than 10k that were there, then you dont know a thing about college athletics. Listen- if you'd rather dove hunt or play golf thats fine, but don't not show up and then bitch about the loss. if we had any kind of home field advantage today, we win that game.

THE Bruce Dickinson
09-14-2019, 04:38 PM
Bingo, Was the stadium full in 2014? Put a good product on the field and people will show up. Our fan base not any different than Bama or anyone else.

Plus is was 11 kick and hot after a bad hot environment last week. I'll be there next week, not because I think we will win or cause I like JM but because I support MSU. We should have won today with 0 in the stands. Players and coaches win games. Yes fans help here and there but we had more fans than they did so no excuses.

Players and coaches win games so Bama should never lose yet they do sometimes. They don't lose a lot in Tuscaloosa do they? There is a reason for that.

Homedawg
09-14-2019, 04:40 PM
Yep, the crowd was pathetic. I don't know what anybody has to complain about whenever we're putting 25,000 people in the stands against a mid-level power 5 team.

Cause I WAS there. So I'll carry on w my complaints. It was bad front the start. They tried to give us the game and we couldn't take it.

THE Bruce Dickinson
09-14-2019, 04:44 PM
Cause I WAS there. So I'll carry on w my complaints. It was bad front the start. They tried to give us the game and we couldn't take it.

"bad " is such a relative term. We outperformed them in every category. We had no home field advantage today. That was the difference.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-14-2019, 04:51 PM

It wasn?t a couple years ago, but it may be way too big for our fanbase in the not too distant future.

chef dixon
09-14-2019, 04:54 PM
What I mean by too big is it has to sustain when we are bad, and it won?t

THE Bruce Dickinson
09-14-2019, 04:59 PM
It wasn?t a couple years ago, but it may be way too big for our fanbase in the not too distant future.

Yes it was. You only remember the Auburn and LSU games. It was a ghost town for others

RocketDawg
09-14-2019, 05:15 PM
What was announced attendance today? Looked about the same to me from TV shots, but it wasn't 55K.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 05:16 PM
What I mean by too big is it has to sustain when we are bad, and it won?t

I don't think anyone's stadium can sustain a bad team that isn't going anywhere

TexasDawg
09-14-2019, 05:18 PM
No it's not.

How many games a year do you go to? Or do you just complain from home with a bag of chips and a stack of divorce papers?

Lord McBuckethead
09-14-2019, 05:18 PM
No it's not.

Bingo.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 05:19 PM
How many games a year do you go to? Or do you just complain from home with a bag of chips and a stack of divorce papers?

I'm not complaining about the attendance. I go to as many as I can

Lord McBuckethead
09-14-2019, 05:26 PM
Look. I wish JoMo would just call a play. If the qb doesnt like it, switch it intiated by the qb. This check with me shit sucks.

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-14-2019, 05:27 PM
What was announced attendance today? Looked about the same to me from TV shots, but it wasn't 55K.

Lol it might have been half of that.

Dawg2003
09-14-2019, 05:40 PM
We're a baseball school.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 05:42 PM
We're a baseball school.

We don't have to be. We can be a football school if we'd do the little things right to ensure that

THE Bruce Dickinson
09-14-2019, 05:42 PM
We're a baseball school.

How many titles do we have?

#BaseballSchool

somebodyshotmypaw
09-14-2019, 07:48 PM
I was sitting upper deck east side. Got in my seat at 10:00 AM and never left it until KState got the ball back with under 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Then I went to the concession stand and it was already closed. I made them open it back up and told them they damn sure better operate it until the game is over. Got a coke and went back and watched the last 2 minutes.

confucius say
09-14-2019, 10:08 PM

So was it a shitty team or the heat? Lets get our excuses straight.

confucius say
09-14-2019, 10:09 PM

Were you at the game? If not, why?

confucius say
09-14-2019, 10:12 PM

I don?t think a top 22 team and roster should have to beg its fans and students to come to its games against an undefeated P5 school.

confucius say
09-14-2019, 10:15 PM

Auburn and Aggie last year?? Worse talent level and won both.

confucius say
09-14-2019, 10:17 PM
I'm going to trust the recruiting sites over you, while realizing that both are flawed

So our wins against Aggie and auburn last year were huge unh?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-14-2019, 10:18 PM
Yea it had zero to do with it being at 11:00 and hot as balls...

confucius say
09-14-2019, 10:19 PM

Same. And I agree

I will say though, I think we win if TS is 100%

bluelightstar
09-14-2019, 10:20 PM

If you think 30k against a P5 team is just the heat, I don?t know what to tell you..

ATTILLA THE DOG
09-14-2019, 10:24 PM
This is exactly right.

We don?t deserve a good football team. There might have been 10k fans there after half time. I?m sure most of the people bitching on this board weren?t even there. We were better than them I?m every statistical category. If you tell me that more fans wouldn?t have have mattered, I?ll call you a liar.

Our ?fans? get too hot at the game yet will volunteer to go out into a field in full camo and shoot a rat that flies for an entire day. If you want to know who to blame for the loss, all you have to do is look in the mirror.

Sorry about that 3rd and 2 pass I called

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-15-2019, 08:08 AM
After last weekends hot game and the snafu with everything else fan experience related, many families especially with young kids couldn't justify a second weekend in a row. Momentum is the entire football program was stalling before the season started and with the performances so far, it's going to take something special to turn it back in the right direction.

Jack Lambert
09-15-2019, 10:04 AM

I was there but I guess you watched on TV?

Bubb Rubb
09-15-2019, 10:14 AM

Ummm.....surely you are just trolling.

Last year we lost five games despite only giving up 12 touchdowns during the entire regular season.

Our two wins this year were an uninspiring win over a ULL team we should beat by 4 TDS and a lackadaisical performance against ?in-state? USM, a crappy C-USA school.

This coaching staff took a corvette and drove it straight into the ditch. People are pissed off and they should be. I don?t fault anyone for not wanting to sit in 100 degree heat to watch terrible coaching and general underperformance.

chef dixon
09-15-2019, 12:45 PM
I was there but I guess you watched on TV?

Man how'd you guess that from my post?

AROB44
09-15-2019, 01:47 PM

Hell, Shotgun, everyone knows you wouldn't be there if it were 70 degrees. You have to hold down your job of telling us how everything looked on TV. I do have to thank you, however, for informing me that my 40+ years of giving to the Bulldog Club can cease since we have so much $$$$. They probably can close down the BC due to the amounts of cash we now get.

Jack Lambert
09-15-2019, 01:54 PM

In 2014 the A&M game started at 11:00 and that stadium was fairly empty. The heat has everything to do with it.

dantheman4248
09-15-2019, 02:05 PM
In 2014 the A&M game started at 11:00 and that stadium was fairly empty. The heat has everything to do with it.

The temperature didn’t break 70? that day. I remember I wore a jacket to SEC Nation. Bad post. Do more research.

Maroonthirteen
09-15-2019, 04:02 PM
Ummm.....surely you are just trolling.

Last year we lost five games despite only giving up 12 touchdowns during the entire regular season.

Our two wins this year were an uninspiring win over a ULL team we should beat by 4 TDS and a lackadaisical performance against ?in-state? USM, a crappy C-USA school.

This coaching staff took a corvette and drove it straight into the ditch. People are pissed off and they should be. I don?t fault anyone for not wanting to sit in 100 degree heat to watch terrible coaching and general underperformance.

100 degree heat. 11am. Ok. All the rest of that bullshit.... casual fan take.

Jack Lambert
09-15-2019, 04:05 PM
The temperature didn’t break 70? that day. I remember I wore a jacket to SEC Nation. Bad post. Do more research.

Yes for some reason it was cold for most of the game. Stadium look empty. Not as bad as yesterday but those 11:00 starts are going to empty stadiums.

dantheman4248
09-15-2019, 04:10 PM
Yes for some reason it was cold for most of the game. Stadium look empty. Not as bad as yesterday but those 11:00 starts are going to empty stadiums.

You’re an idiot if you think people want to pay to be uncomfortable for 4 hours in that kind of heat. The product doesn’t warrant the sacrifice right now.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
09-15-2019, 04:51 PM
"Our ?fans? get too hot at the game yet will volunteer to go out into a field in full camo and shoot a rat that flies for an entire day."

Most of our fans don't dress up in full camo....I'm usually in a Mossy Oak Camo t-shirt with (Non Camo) PFG shorts. Don't know anyone that hunts flying rats an entire day....if they hunt them in the morning, it's usually from sun up till about 8:30/9:00 am. If they hunt them in the afternoon, it's usually from about 2:00 pm till around 5:00 pm....definitely not all day.

Liverpooldawg
09-15-2019, 05:13 PM
Hell, Shotgun, everyone knows you wouldn't be there if it were 70 degrees. You have to hold down your job of telling us how everything looked on TV. I do have to thank you, however, for informing me that my 40+ years of giving to the Bulldog Club can cease since we have so much $$$$. They probably can close down the BC due to the amounts of cash we now get.
Has he been to a game in the last 20 years? I was at the USM game, but I wasn't at this one. I was following it online from Kirkwall, Orkney though. I was in Kirkwall for family reasons. Shotgun and the people like him are a big part of our problem.

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2019, 05:19 PM
Shotgun and the people like him are a big part of our problem.

You nailed it...

RocketDawg
09-15-2019, 05:53 PM
According to ESPN, yesterday's attendance was 54,522.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=401110792

bluelightstar
09-15-2019, 05:56 PM
LOL there may have been 30 at kickoff, and 20 after half

Jack Lambert
09-15-2019, 05:57 PM

I wore shorts and was cold. I was really happy for he sun that day.

RocketDawg
09-15-2019, 06:02 PM
LOL there may have been 30 at kickoff, and 20 after half

I suspect the announced attendance was the sum of the number of season tickets sold, number of student tickets sold, visitor tickets sold, and possibly a few walkup purchases. It wasn't turnstile count.

Got to remember too that with the club levels, many, perhaps most, of the club level ticket holders never stepped foot into the seating area, given the weather. Time of day was a factor, as well as having three consecutive home games. Maybe UK attendance will be better.

Jack Lambert
09-15-2019, 06:08 PM
You’re an idiot if you think people want to pay to be uncomfortable for 4 hours in that kind of heat. The product doesn’t warrant the sacrifice right now.

Well there was a lot of idiots in the stadium yesterday. If I am going to win with them then I am going to lose with. That's me! I am no fair weather fan and never will be one.

dantheman4248
09-15-2019, 06:15 PM
Well there was a lot of idiots in the stadium yesterday. If I am going to win with them then I am going to lose with. That's me! I am no fair weather fan and never will be one.

Reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit. I called you specifically an idiot. And I said you’re an idiot if you think people want to pay to sit in the heat. You’re talking attracting more people to the stadium here not the diehards who go whenever they can. Fair-weather fans ain’t gonna show up when the performance and the conditions are poor. It’s right there in their name.

Jack Lambert
09-15-2019, 06:21 PM
Reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit. I called you specifically an idiot. And I said you’re an idiot if you think people want to pay to sit in the heat. You’re talking attracting more people to the stadium here not the diehards who go whenever they can. Fair-weather fans ain’t gonna show up when the performance and the conditions are poor. It’s right there in their name.

Well if me being there makes me an idiot then everyone else there was idiots. My reading is ok.

dantheman4248
09-15-2019, 06:22 PM
Well if me being there makes me an idiot then everyone else there was idiots. My reading is ok.

Not what I said and you just blatantly lied with your second statement. Try again.

Jack Lambert
09-15-2019, 06:27 PM
Not what I said and you just blatantly lied with your second statement. Try again.

This is what you said ["You’re an idiot if you think people want to pay to be uncomfortable for 4 hours in that kind of heat. The product doesn’t warrant the sacrifice right now."]

So what did you mean? So you are saying they don't want to but they do anyways but because I do I'm the idiot? Help me out.

Sparrows2
09-15-2019, 06:35 PM

Gotta go with Jack here
Either you were calling him an idiot for believing in reality - there were obviously thousands of people who paid to sit in the sun yesterday. Which seems a ridiculous statement for you to make
Or
You are saying everyone who went got free tickets. I was there and I didn’t and I don’t think everyone did
Or
You are strongly implying only idiots would attend and pay

I am going with choice 3, which means you are not much of a fan and I marvel you spend so much time on a fan website

dantheman4248
09-15-2019, 07:08 PM
Oh man the board idiot has joined in and took Jack?s side. Yikes. I?m peacing our.

Jack, reread this comment that already broke it down for you. Use a dictionary if you need it.

Reading comprehension isn?t your strong suit. I called you specifically an idiot. And I said you?re an idiot if you think people want to pay to sit in the heat. You?re talking attracting more people to the stadium here not the diehards who go whenever they can. Fair-weather fans ain?t gonna show up when the performance and the conditions are poor. It?s right there in their name.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-15-2019, 07:09 PM
I'm an idiot who got in my seat at 10:00 and didn't leave it until about 2:15 to go to the concession stand. But I'm not a snowflake. I don't melt in the weather.

dantheman4248
09-15-2019, 07:22 PM
I'm an idiot who got in my seat at 10:00 and didn't leave it until about 2:15 to go to the concession stand. But I'm not a snowflake. I don't melt in the weather.

Quote me where I said you’re an idiot for going to the game. Please bold it.

I seen it dawg
09-15-2019, 07:23 PM
Nick Saban bitches about crowds and attendance.

RocketDawg
09-15-2019, 07:35 PM
Looks like only about half the seats are taken in Atlanta tonight. 8:15 kickoff on a Sunday night might affect that.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-15-2019, 07:40 PM

I never accused you of calling me anything.

I am sick of the whining on this board about heat. We have some true candyasses who can't imagine life without some AC. When me and my kids do yard work in July, they don't whine like folks on this board. Because they know I won't listen. Of course they are tougher than 99% on this board. Some folks should be embarrassed about these posts. "I'm hot, I'm sweating". Good Lord. Suck it up folks and quit your crying.

I bet 99% of the "men" on this board sit in the car while their wife pumps the gas.

Sparrows2
09-15-2019, 07:46 PM

So here are the facts that are not in dispute
10,000 of thousands paid to be uncomfortable for 4 hours in that kind of heat. It was on TV, you must have seen it.

you suggested that Jack must be an idiot for believing something that is beyond dispute....so you are either
1. Suggesting an alternate reality that Jack is an idiot for not believing
2 really implying anyone who went is an idiot, and so stupid that they are not worth considering

confucius say
09-15-2019, 07:52 PM
You nailed it...

At least you are passionate. That is a hell of a lot bette than apathetic. So kudos for that

timotheus
09-15-2019, 08:01 PM
If the fan base as a whole felt positive about the JoMO experience, the crowds would be better.

dantheman4248
09-15-2019, 08:37 PM
I never accused you of calling me anything.

I am sick of the whining on this board about heat. We have some true candyasses who can't imagine life without some AC. When me and my kids do yard work in July, they don't whine like folks on this board. Because they know I won't listen. Of course they are tougher than 99% on this board. Some folks should be embarrassed about these posts. "I'm hot, I'm sweating". Good Lord. Suck it up folks and quit your crying.

I bet 99% of the "men" on this board sit in the car while their wife pumps the gas.

Whew... There has not been whining about the heat. There was whining about the university’s response and plan of action to dealing with the heat. We’d much rather not have the heat and have the night games if given the choice. It ain’t about toughness. I sat through the USM game in jeans.

Notice this week there wasn’t a firestorm about the university’s handling of it because by all accounts they fixed the majority of their issues. I personally can’t attest because personal life intervened and I was unable to attend.

The heat is not a pleasant thing to sit through and when given the option of heat or a/c you’re gonna choose A/C with no outside factors on it. That’s just common sense. So when the product on the field and off the field does not warrant the change from comfortable a/c to paying for sitting in an oven, fair-weather fans are not gonna sacrifice. Plain and simple.

I and many others don’t want that product / experience to be the case. I want a packed house. That’s why we chastise the university for creating an environment where that isn’t the case.

maroonmania
09-15-2019, 09:14 PM
Problem is, its not just one game in the heat, its 3 in a row in the heat. Besides that, we have more fans than any other SEC school (like myself) that have to drive 3-5 hours one way to even get to Starkville. That's a lot of dedication to do three weeks in a row in September to sit in an inferno but I was there for USM and I will be back for Kentucky. So the schedule layout just plain sucks this year. Now you add on top of that a lot of fans lost some faith in Moorhead last year PLUS our athletic department throws tutorgate at us to cripple our team and yes, people start getting a little complacent. Most of our fans already knew that 7-8 wins is about the best we can do in what is basically a rebuild year this year, and then you take away 2 defensive starters from a defense that was already gutted from last year and it just makes matter worse. Then to pile on nobody even knew if we would have our starting QB yesterday, and though we did get him into the game, he obviously wasn't right with his throwing shoulder from the start. And I like GS, but as a true freshman, he is not ready to come in and have to win a game like yesterday. He went into panic mode in most of our plays late and all he knew to do was take off and run. The ones I really get ill with though are the students. If you live on campus and get cheap tickets I certainly don't see why we can't get students to support the team and stay past the 2nd Q? Heck, they've even got the mobile networking doing much better now at the stadium where the students can stay on their social networking pages without having to leave. A lot of our problem is not that we don't win enough but too many 'fans' that don't seem to care whether we win or not because they aren't really invested in being dedicated to supporting the program.