PDA

View Full Version : Baseball

Will James
10-25-2013, 11:03 PM
CT got his first walk of the fall today!!!

3% fall BB rate. .300 wOBA is 3rd worst of anyone this fall, only to Randolph and Swarinski. He has regressed offensively every year that he's been on campus.

He has got to find an approach soon or find the bench this Spring. Vickerson, Robson, Armstrong, and Henderson will be beating down the door to start and we can't afford not to play our most productive players.

Armstrong has been the surprise of the fall. .467 OBP, 4 doubles so far this fall. Leads team in extra base hits.

Pirtle, Detz, Vickerson, Walker, Rea, Humphries, Heck, and Britton looking good.

messageboardsuperhero
10-25-2013, 11:42 PM
How has Rooker looked at the scrimmages you've been to? He seems to be hitting it well right now.

Also, are we considering Pirtle for leadoff? His OB% was actually 75 points higher than Detz's in SEC play, and it looks like he's going to continue getting on base this season. I really like Pirtle in the three hole, but leading off is more important.

I agree about CT. I hope he can turn it around, but with the talent we have banging on the door in the OF, he has to step up to keep his spot. We just can't justify leaving a better player on the bench if CT can't find a good approach at the plate. I'm definitely rooting for him though.

Will James
10-25-2013, 11:49 PM
How has Rooker looked at the scrimmages you've been to? He seems to be hitting it well right now.

Also, are we considering Pirtle for leadoff? His OB% was actually 75 points higher than Detz's in SEC play, and it looks like he's going to continue getting on base this season. I really like Pirtle in the three hole, but leading off is more important.

I agree about CT. I hope he can turn it around, but with the talent we have banging on the door in the OF, he has to step up to keep his spot. We just can't justify leaving a better player on the bench if CT can't find a good approach at the plate. I'm definitely rooting for him though.

I was unimpressed with Rook until today. Couple of doubles. K's a good bit. Agreed on the Pirtle point too, it really doesn't matter who it is they need to be 1-2 in my opinion. No clue about lefty righty splits on them; really would like to see Detz's numbers vs LHP last year, but a leadoff platoon could be in order because that leadoff is so important

AlSwearengen
10-25-2013, 11:54 PM
Has Zac Houston pitched again (i'm sure he has) that you know of? I'm curious how he is going to progress.

Will James
10-26-2013, 12:12 AM
Has Zac Houston pitched again (i'm sure he has) that you know of? I'm curious how he is going to progress.

He was off Tuesday. 4 walks 4 runs in 2 IP

Todd4State
10-26-2013, 01:06 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about CT just yet. He's a veteran and he may be experimenting around with some things. We'll know for sure in February.

If he does struggle, we can cover him.

Rooker is going to be a good player for us- probably not an instant impact guy like Humphries, but he's a SEC corner guy and he'll hit for power for us. He has good speed too. I noticed we had him playing some left field the other day.