PDA

View Full Version : Quick Thoughts - JOMO Has To Go

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 02:31 PM
- I'm sorry. I'm not being reactionary, but it's just not working. He lacks "IT" He just doesn't have the ability to get players to play to the best of their ability.

- Joey Jones may be the single worst special teams coach in MSU history. I'm sure there are worse, but it's an absolute embarrassment what we put on the field on Saturdays

- The talent on the field today was not close & the coaching was not close either. In K-State first year under their new coach, they look way more efficient & strong on the LOS.

Again, I'm sure in pure MSU fashion, we'll wait for the bottom to fall out before making a move, but JoMo just ain't the answer. His team, even when playing well, look like a loose wheel rolling down the road. They lack cleanliness. I really like Moorhead, but this just isn't working.

K-State has the 72nd most talented roster in the country. From a talent standpoint, they are close to being a G5 team.

Completely unacceptable by JoMo & his staff. Joey Jones should be fired ASAP. He signed an ineligible punter for goodness sakes. My theory is that he thinks he's over qualified to be a special teams coach & thus doesn't put forth the effort on the details to put together a well oiled unit.

I don't think JoMo was a bad hire, but he wasn't the right one. It's not working & anyone that is objectively looking at the product on the field would realize that. Everything simply looks like a Chinese fire drill, even when it works.

Horrific loss

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 02:33 PM
I'm completely done with JoMo.

His teams are football stupid. He isn't good enough to coach at MSU

sleepy dawg
09-14-2019, 02:33 PM
f*** this team. we f*cking gave up. it's over for him and this season.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 02:35 PM
f*** this team. we f*cking gave up. it's over for him and this season.

17 this coaching staff. In year 1 under Klieman, K-State is incredibly better coached

Just a horrific effort by our staff. Joey Jones & Moorhead in particular

Sparrows2
09-14-2019, 02:36 PM
Over react much?
He has one flaw, he thinks he is smarter than everyone else. And no matter the situation it can be improved with him being smarter than everyone else.
Sometimes things when things are working or not working l, there is a reason that may not be solved by simply you being smartet

ShotgunDawg
Note to Cohen:

When you hire a new football coach, you can't do a 180 on offense. It won't work.

I realize it limits you options, but we would've been significantly better off with a Satterfield or someone like that ALREADY ran an offense that our players could execute.

NCDawg
Bottom line is that we were out-coached and out-played. Kansas State dominated both lines of scrimmage.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 02:37 PM
Over react much?
He has one flaw, he thinks he is smarter than everyone else. And no matter the situation it can be improved with him being smarter than everyone else.
Sometimes things when things are working or not working l, there is a reason that may not be solved by simply you being smartet

This isn't over-reacting at all. He doesn't have it. Your 17ing blind if you can't see it.

We are wobbly wheel even when playing well.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 02:37 PM
Over react much?

This isn't over-reacting at all. He doesn't have it. Your 17ing blind if you can't see it.

We are wobbly wheel even when playing well.

1bigdawg
09-14-2019, 02:38 PM
Fire Joey Jones tomorrow. Review the film. Poor kickoff coverage. Poor punt blocking. Poor punt coverage even though w got a couple of breaks. We have had no good kickoff returns despite having better athletes than our opponents.

I would probably wait until the end of the season to look for a new strenth AND conditioning coach.

Scared_Hitless
09-14-2019, 02:39 PM
Shoop did his job. Joey Jones and JoMo did not. Shrader is a gamer play him and lets take our lumps this season. JoMo gets next season to get it right if we win at least 6

bobtail bob
This team hasn't progressed at all from year one. He done nothing with that loaded team last year. Get the wheels turning Cohen.....

ShotgunDawg

1bigdawg
09-14-2019, 02:40 PM
We will not fire JOMO right now so let's drop that. But his play calling was horrible, particularly in the first half. We went to Kylin on first down EVERY time until the last drive of the half.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 02:41 PM
This team hasn't progressed at all from year one. He done nothing with that loaded team last year. Get the wheels turning Cohen.....

Agree.

He's simply a D2 head coach. We've seen enough to know that he lacks "IT". His players play confined & down from their talent level. Not up.

Not one player on our team plays above their talent level

BoomBoom
09-14-2019, 02:41 PM
- I'm sorry. I'm not being reactionary, but it's just not working. He lacks "IT" He just doesn't have the ability to get players to play to the best of their ability.

- Joey Jones may be the single worst special teams coach in MSU history. I'm sure there are worse, but it's an absolute embarrassment what we put on the field on Saturdays

- The talent on the field today was not close & the coaching was not close either. In K-State first year under their new coach, they look way more efficient & strong on the LOS.

Again, I'm sure in pure MSU fashion, we'll wait for the bottom to fall out before making a move, but JoMo just ain't the answer. His team, even when playing well, look like a loose wheel rolling down the road. They lack cleanliness. I really like Moorhead, but this just isn't working.

K-State has the 72nd most talented roster in the country. From a talent standpoint, they are close to being a G5 team.

Completely unacceptable by JoMo & his staff. Joey Jones should be fired ASAP. He signed an ineligible punter for goodness sakes. My theory is that he thinks he's over qualified to be a special teams coach & thus doesn't put forth the effort on the details to put together a well oiled unit.

I don't think JoMo was a bad hire, but he wasn't the right one. It's not working & anyone that is objectively looking at the product on the field would realize that. Everything simply looks like a Chinese fire drill, even when it works.

Horrific loss

This was a shit show, JoMo doesn't understand how SEC football requires being physical, etc etc, i agree, BUT Schrader looked good and may save Morehead's career for at least a little while.

biggun
09-14-2019, 02:43 PM
Shoop did his job. Joey Jones and JoMo did not. Shrader is a gamer play him and lets take our lumps this season. JoMo gets next season to get it right if we win at least 6

Can?t give him another year. It will kill the program. He is just not the right fit for MSU. PERIOD

msstate7
09-14-2019, 02:43 PM
I've known joe sucks for a long time, but I'll wait for jarius, gutter, dancing rabbit, met, Rez, and coach007 to tell me why I'm wrong.

BTW, let me be first to predict Kansas st wins the big12... we've predicted ULL and usm to win theirs after playing us well (spit!!!)

BoomBoom
09-14-2019, 02:44 PM
Agree.

He's simply a D2 head coach. We've seen enough to know that he lacks "IT". His players play confined & down from their talent level. Not up.

Not one player on our team plays above their talent level

We have too many players that were highly rated but don't have IT. Leo, Guidry top among them. I'll wait to see what happens next year when the Dline is slightly grown and the middle of the D doesn't have to rely on Leo DoNuthin Lewis.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 02:44 PM
We will not fire JOMO right now so let's drop that. But his play calling was horrible, particularly in the first half. We went to Kylin on first down EVERY time until the last drive of the half.

At the end of the season, a decision will have to be made about whether we are serious about competing in the SEC or if we just accept our place.

Joey Jones should be fired tomorrow. I can't imagine the special teams actually getting worse if we fired him

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 02:46 PM
Can?t give him another year. It will kill the program. He is just not the right fit for MSU. PERIOD

Agree. FWIW, I don't think he's a bad coach. He's just not the right fit for us.

It's not working

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 02:47 PM
We have too many players that were highly rated but don't have IT. Leo, Guidry top among them. I'll wait to see what happens next year when the Dline is slightly grown and the middle of the D doesn't have to rely on Leo DoNuthin Lewis.

But that's development or the lack thereof. Development just simply isn't happening.

There are very few if any players on our team that our playing to their ability level

1bigdawg
09-14-2019, 02:47 PM
At the end of the season, a decision will have to be made about whether we are serious about competing in the SEC or if we just accept our place.

Joey Jones should be fired tomorrow. I can't imagine the special teams actually getting worse if we fired him

Bolded. Should have been done at the end of last year.

NCDawg
09-14-2019, 02:48 PM

I tend to agree. He's not the answer and the sooner we own up to it, the better off we will be.

Dawgfan77
09-14-2019, 02:48 PM
Over react much?
Are you this dumb... did you play in the band.... we are a shit show

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 02:49 PM
I tend to agree. He's not the answer and the sooner we own up to it, the better off we will be.

Agree.

And I don't really blame Cohen. I don't think Moorhead was a bad hire, he was just a bad fit.

The fit just isn't right & the sooner everyone realizes that, the better.

As for those scared of only giving him 2 years, I think that's an unrealistic fear. We are an SEC team with a pretty good roster & no culture issues, at least not yet. I'm starting to see a squeaky wheel there.

lastmajordog
09-14-2019, 02:51 PM
All I will say is the WR on the press box side didn’t even leave the line of scrimmage on the last two plays.....

Coursesuper
09-14-2019, 02:52 PM

You need to understand something real quick, Cohen isn't going to do jack shat fast, this is his guy, his ass is on the line here with certain alumni. Cohens ass was back doored into the job and everyone wasn't on board he had to make promises and that shit ain't going very far with his hire wrecking what was a hard nosed football program. So he's tied to this guy, he will give this staff a while lot of rope.

Maroonthirteen
09-14-2019, 02:53 PM
I agree Moorhead doesn’t have it. However we aren’t firing him this year. Cohen is LT 2.0. We ain’t firing before 4 years.

Homedawg
09-14-2019, 02:54 PM

Hope you got a big check. But I agree honestly

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-14-2019, 02:54 PM
BUT Schrader looked good and may save Morehead's career for at least a little while.

When did Schrader look good? We scored a TD and a FG with him in the game. I get it. He?s a true freshman, but damn.

BdoginLa
09-14-2019, 02:55 PM
JOE MUST GO! JOE MUST GO!

I admit I wanted to work so bad and hoped that Cohen had made a smart hire. Today I realized I’m in for a long , hard , disappointing and every other adjective ever associated with a hopeless MSU football team. We are drawing dead the rest of the year and I can’t stand the fact we have to be represented by a poor man Mr. Potato head. The day will not come soon enough that we run that carpetbagger back to his home.

I’m going to watch UCF play with passion and purpose ; dreaming of the day we may play that way .

Hail State!

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 02:55 PM
Hope you got a big check. But I agree honestly

Again, we've got money. We've had this discussion numerous times. Stop saying stupid things

lastmajordog
09-14-2019, 02:57 PM
Would someone call the “The Kang” to come coach special teams....seriously......and get Brad Peterson to call plays....

Negative Waves
09-14-2019, 02:58 PM
1998. State walked into Stillwater and got blown out by a 5-6 Oklahoma State team. That team ended up in Atlanta. The SEC West is completely different now and we’re definitely not winning the West this year, but I still thinks it’s a tad overblown to call for Joe’s head after one loss. Joe’s teams remind me of Jackie’s. We lost one today we should’ve won, and we’ll probably beat somebody later this season we shouldn’t. I’ll say this, If he goes 4-8 this season, his seat should be getting very warm.

Coach007
09-14-2019, 03:01 PM
We will never see the end to reactionary threads.

Blame those that cheated this team. Mullen... Recruiting or lack there of in his last year or 2. and those that cheated and are suspended.

1bigdawg
09-14-2019, 03:02 PM
1998. State walked into Stillwater and got blown out by a 5-6 Oklahoma State team. That team ended up in Atlanta. The SEC West is completely different now and we’re definitely not winning the West this year, but I still thinks it’s a tad overblown to call for Joe’s head after one loss. Joe’s teams remind me of Jackie’s. We lost one today we should’ve won, and we’ll probably beat somebody later this season we shouldn’t. I’ll say this, If he goes 4-8 this season, his seat should be getting very warm.

Agreed, but we need a new special teams coach NOW.

FriarsPoint
You need to understand something real quick, Cohen isn't going to do jack shat fast, this is his guy, his ass is on the line here with certain alumni. Cohens ass was back doored into the job and everyone wasn't on board he had to make promises and that shit ain't going very far with his hire wrecking what was a hard nosed football program. So he's tied to this guy, he will give this staff a while lot of rope.

That’s just f ed up. Obvious mistakes should be corrected. 2000’s here we come again. Damnit.

Fader21
I am not on the Fire Moorhead side.... yet. I do want Joey Jones gone tomorrow. I agree with the poster to call the Kang and make him say no.

FriarsPoint
09-14-2019, 03:06 PM

Blame those that cheated this team. Mullen... Recruiting or lack there of in his last year or 2. and those that cheated and are suspended.

I blame the guy that got out coached, bad.

RougeDawg
09-14-2019, 03:06 PM
1998. State walked into Stillwater and got blown out by a 5-6 Oklahoma State team. That team ended up in Atlanta. The SEC West is completely different now and we?re definitely not winning the West this year, but I still thinks it?s a tad overblown to call for Joe?s head after one loss. Joe?s teams remind me of Jackie?s. We lost one today we should?ve won, and we?ll probably beat somebody later this season we shouldn?t. I?ll say this, If he goes 4-8 this season, his seat should be getting very warm.

No one is calling for his head after this loss. People see that his cute play calling has already cost us 3-4 wins through 16 total games coached. It was evident today and evident last year. When we go run heavy, we are successful. Auburn last year. A&M last year. Today we ran at will in 2nd half and SloMo kept trying to be too smart for football.

We averaged 4.6 YPC today and kept trying to pass. Pure insanity. Not to forget the numerous dropped passes. Same shit as last year and no Fitz to blame now.

maroonmania
09-14-2019, 03:07 PM
When did Schrader look good? We scored a TD and a FG with him in the game. I get it. He?s a true freshman, but damn.

I guess when he ran the ball because that is about all he ever did. I have lots of doubt about Moorhead and staff but we win that game if the same healthy Stevens that started the USM game had started this one. Stevens knows way more about where the ball needs to go than Schrader does but today everything TS threw was going high. Amazed he didnt overthrow Mitchell on the end of the first half TD. We also very likely would have won if Autry and Gay were playing like they should be.

HoopsDawg
09-14-2019, 03:10 PM
7 drives of 3 and out from the "guru".

PMDawg
09-14-2019, 03:11 PM
I will only add this, this is his 4th loss in very winnable games. Kentucky, florida, iowa, now this. I believe we were favored in all 4. Each was close, and each time we got outcoached. However you feel about things, that is just a really bad sign. Auburn and A&M go in the plus column. So 2-4

Coursesuper
09-14-2019, 03:13 PM

Bullshit bullshit bullshit bullshit, sunshine sunshine sunshine sunshine, rainbows rainbows rainbows, excuses excuses excuses excuses, bullshit excuses bullshit excuses bullshit excuses. Now it's the players that got suspended fault WTF? Why not blame the NCAA, the FBI, aliens from Area 51.

The team on the field today got out physicalled on both lines of scrimmage, they brought the wood to us all day and we just took it for the most part. That's what happened, missing 2 starters to suspension is cop out excuse.

Leeshouldveflanked
09-14-2019, 03:17 PM
We don?t need Cohen Firing/Hiring any more Football Coaches.... Our Football program right now is the result of hiring a middle of the pack SEC Baseball coach who set in on some interviews for a Athletic Director.

drunkernhelldawg
09-14-2019, 03:17 PM
One thing that bothers me is the first KSU series We weren't ready when the game started, I think that's a coaching problem.

TrapGame
09-14-2019, 03:19 PM
I'm not ready to jump off the Joe Bandwagon but I've got a couple of toes dangling off the edge. My sunshine has been dimmed quite a bit.

Joey Jones sucks as a special teams coach. He should be fired immediately.

Unless we just completely screw the pooch this year and finish below six wins Joe's getting a third year.

And if I'm Cohen, K State's head coach just made my short list.

vv83
09-14-2019, 03:19 PM
I'm sure either way Joe gets 3 years but I'm sure if JC needs to defend the hire this year he'll use the suspensions. Which I guess is somewhat fair. Best case scenario, by next season the entire offense will be adapted to his system, GS will be ready to be the guy, and we have recruited enough to fill Dan's holes and be a complete team with Joe's guys.. and maybe Joe has seen enough to understand his finesse bullshit won't work here and he needs to adapt. If that doesn't work then no choice but the fire him end of year 3.

KOdawg1
09-14-2019, 03:20 PM
Yeah, he needs to go. I?m about as positive of a person you can find, but Joe isn?t it. Watching us play is like watching an old, ugly, rugged 1992 car limp along the road. It may get you where you need to go some days, but it?s bound to quit on you from time to time. We?re soft as baby shit on defense, our pass protection is bad, and most importantly, our coach is so stubborn about his stupid system that we?re going to sink back as a program.

IMissJack
09-14-2019, 03:36 PM

Horrific loss

It was a terrible hire. We are a SEC program that had clawed our way out of the cellar and our AD killed all of that to save some dough. Now the losses to the program are going to be huge and hiring a coach would look cheap.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 03:40 PM
I'm not ready to jump off the Joe Bandwagon but I've got a couple of toes dangling off the edge. My sunshine has been dimmed quite a bit.

Joey Jones sucks as a special teams coach. He should be fired immediately.

Unless we just completely screw the pooch this year and finish below six wins Joe's getting a third year.

And if I'm Cohen, K State's head coach just made my short list.

I don't think he'd consider leaving K-State for us.

Also, being from North Dakota State, the upper Mid-west is his home. He ain't leaving.

This is my point, we've got to hire the right fit rather than the sexiest name. JoMo may be outstanding at Pitt or UConn, but he doesn't fit at MSU.

Can't do that again.

Coach007
09-14-2019, 03:45 PM
No one is calling for his head after this loss. People see that his cute play calling has already cost us 3-4 wins through 16 total games coached. It was evident today and evident last year. When we go run heavy, we are successful. Auburn last year. A&M last year. Today we ran at will in 2nd half and SloMo kept trying to be too smart for football.

We averaged 4.6 YPC today and kept trying to pass. Pure insanity. Not to forget the numerous dropped passes. Same shit as last year and no Fitz to blame now.

No... what most see is that he is off to an Allen McKeen level.

It's only those who refuse to see it for what it is that's upset.

Coach007
09-14-2019, 03:46 PM

Also, being from North Dakota State, the upper Mid-west is his home. He ain't leaving.

This is my point, we've got to hire the right fit rather than the sexiest name. JoMo may be outstanding at Pitt or UConn, but he doesn't fit at MSU.

Can't do that again.

Give it up...

Moorhead is here for another 3 years and he deserves it.

RougeDawg
09-14-2019, 03:47 PM
I will only add this, this is his 4th loss in very winnable games. Kentucky, florida, iowa, now this. I believe we were favored in all 4. Each was close, and each time we got outcoached. However you feel about things, that is just a really bad sign. Auburn and A&M go in the plus column. So 2-4

Think we were a TD favorite in 3 of those 4 losses. Don only lost one game like that against south Alabama.

You bring up auburn and A&M as being in the plus column, but did not point out why we won those two. We won those two because SloMo got away from his usual shit play calling and we ran the f*cking football. We did not try to be cute or fancy. Pretty much sums up SloMo in one post.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 03:47 PM
This is the culture Jomo has instituted. I love Kylin, but this is bullshit. This isn't leadership, this is enabling.

99jc
09-14-2019, 03:48 PM

Can't do that again.

Just back from game. Shotgun is dead on with his comments. I've said all along fatass didn't have it...but no you stupid 17ers have to see us go into the hole before you understand. Those of us with real football knowledge and experience knew last year he was a 17 up. Nice guy juco head coach. He may not be a fatass anymore but he is still a stupid ASS. 6 wins is a reach now.

Coach007
09-14-2019, 03:49 PM
Moorhead will be the best thing Ms ST has seen.

PERIOD.

Coach007
09-14-2019, 03:50 PM
Just back from game. Shotgun is dead on with his comments. I've said all along fatass didn't have it...but no you stupid 17ers have to see us go into the hole before you understand. Those of us with real football knowledge and experience knew last year he was a 17 up. Nice guy juco head coach. He may not be a fatass anymore but he is still a stupid ASS. 6 wins is a reach now.

3 MOOR years sir!! And he deserves it

KOdawg1
09-14-2019, 03:52 PM

PERIOD.
Please stop.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 03:53 PM

PERIOD.

Please stop. Pure delusional after what we've seen over the past 16 games

RougeDawg
09-14-2019, 03:53 PM

PERIOD.

Only if Mississippi State were the school for the deaf and blind. That might be slightly true based on some of these posts defending SloMo.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-14-2019, 03:54 PM
Cohen didn’t fix Aramark. The concession stands on the east side upper deck closed before the game was over. I banged on the door and made them open them back up and stay open until the game was over. I shouldn’t have to do MSU’s job for them.

Coursesuper
09-14-2019, 03:55 PM

PERIOD.

Hahahaha!!!! All we need is an Old Milwaukee " Cause it don't get no better than this".

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 03:57 PM
Cohen didn’t fix Aramark. The concession stands on the east side upper deck closed before the game was over. I banged on the door and made them open them back up and stay open until the game was over. I shouldn’t have to do MSU’s job for them.

The entire operation & program are rotting at the seams.

We peaked under Stricklin & now the pulse is dying.

I'm sure we'll pour 20 mil into a new volleyball arena though

Cloak
09-14-2019, 03:59 PM

PERIOD.

Dude what? He's been so bad, what have you seen that says we are headed in the right direction?

IMissJack
09-14-2019, 04:01 PM
Dude what? He's been so bad, what have you seen that says we are headed in the right direction?

He's trying to save face with the sunshine he has been pumping.

StarkvilleGuru
09-14-2019, 04:04 PM
Bruh, we suck. I wanted JoMo to work out, but it's not happening. "Offensive guru" is a joke after watching that final possession.

Cooterpoot
09-14-2019, 04:05 PM
007 is a troll account

NCDawg
09-14-2019, 04:07 PM
We don?t need Cohen Firing/Hiring any more Football Coaches.... Our Football program right now is the result of hiring a middle of the pack SEC Baseball coach who set in on some interviews for a Athletic Director.

I think you are correct.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 04:17 PM
Again, where is the pride? Why aren't they pissed? This is what a broken culture looks like.

tireddawg
09-14-2019, 04:20 PM

PERIOD.

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-14-2019, 04:22 PM
I guess when he ran the ball because that is about all he ever did. I have lots of doubt about Moorhead and staff but we win that game if the same healthy Stevens that started the USM game had started this one. Stevens knows way more about where the ball needs to go than Schrader does but today everything TS threw was going high. Amazed he didnt overthrow Mitchell on the end of the first half TD. We also very likely would have won if Autry and Gay were playing like they should be.

Agreed

drunkernhelldawg
09-14-2019, 04:22 PM
007 is a troll account

He's not a troll.He just likes to make outlandish predictions and ridiculous statements..

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 04:23 PM
He's not a troll.He just likes to make outlandish predictions and ridiculous statements..

He's over the top.

RougeDawg
09-14-2019, 04:24 PM
Again, where is the pride? Why aren't they pissed? This is what a broken culture looks like.

It?s not just our team. It?s society in general. If you are famous, society now allows you a free pass to do whatever you want without consequence. Break laws or commit felonies, if you are rich or famous you get a free pass. Something pretty big occurred in 2016 that put this on full display. Any commoner would be jailed for life, if not put to death, and our country have them a free pass. That should tell you everything you need to know about the mindset of many in this country. Brain dead and apathetic.

Saltydog
09-14-2019, 04:31 PM
Deserves it? WTF has the goofy son of a bitch done to deserve 3 more years. Underperformed vastly in year 1, gets beat at home by a much less talented K-State team? Seriously, what's he done?

Coursesuper
09-14-2019, 05:08 PM
Deserves it? WTF has the goofy son of a bitch done to deserve 3 more years. Underperformed vastly in year 1, gets beat at home by a much less talented K-State team? Seriously, what's he done?

This is going to be hard to believe but I think I might have this ones logic figured out.

1. He's was hired by John Cohen

2. John Cohen is a bulldog and a graduate and a bulldog legend.

3. He was anointed the best coach available for MSU by the fanboy media.

Therefore he's our coach by damn and we will love him no matter what because John Cohen who's true maroon hired him and if he's wearing maroon he's the best.

I know.

bluelightstar
09-14-2019, 05:12 PM
Also Penn State’s offense isn’t really any good either. Saquon Barkley is extending some coaching careers

msu15
09-14-2019, 05:31 PM
Maybe we should have hired Hud

Brahmabull
09-14-2019, 05:33 PM
Where are the SOB?s that we?re in here arguing with some of us this week about this bunch going 11-1!? Told you Fsticks that we had major problems at DT and we weren?t great. In the fourth qtr, K St came out on first down to start back to back drives by running right at us for 9 yards a pop. They were more physical and wanted this game more than our guys. They did all they could do to give us a chance with muffed punt and barely late hit. Even with that, we couldn?t take the game.

Late in the game we have 3rd down and 2 with a true freshman QB deep in our own territory. We have a work horse at running back. Do we run our best player? No! We try to throw the damn ball.

MSU has never been and will never be a pass oriented finesse program. We are a hard nosed, blue collar running program. Jackie knew it and Mullen knew it. Mullen gave us the blueprint to win at MSU. Cohen went a different direction and it doesn?t and won?t work.

Mulehead is the wrong guy for the job. He isn?t going to get it done. I wish it wasn?t that way but it is. That?s not being negative, it?s being realistic based on his history to this point.

maroonmania
09-14-2019, 05:35 PM
I guess I'm convinced that we will never have a successful football coach that's a "nice guy". Love Joe to death as a person but he has no real edge to him and I think his team reflects that. In my lifetime all our best coaches have had a little bit of A-hole to them. Whether it was Mullen, Sherrill or Tyler, they could all be complete jerks when it was called for. On the other hand, guys like Felker and Croom, that everyone loved as people, were complete flops. While I certainly think Moorhead is a cut above those 2 in the coaching department, I'm not sure he has enough fire in him to get out of our players what it will take to compete at a high level in the SEC. I'm ready to see that pissed off JoMo I saw at the end of the Egg Bowl last year but have that ire directed at some of our players that deserve it.

THE Bruce Dickinson
09-14-2019, 05:37 PM
Where are the SOB’s that we’re in here arguing with some of us this week about this bunch going 11-1!? Told you Fsticks that we had major problems at DT and we weren’t great. In the fourth qtr, K St came out on first down to start back to back drives by running right at us for 9 yards a pop. They were more physical and wanted this game more than our guys. They did all they could do to give us a chance with muffed punt and barely late hit. Even with that, we couldn’t take the game.

Mulehead is the wrong guy for the job. He isn’t going to get it done. I wish it wasn’t that way but it is. That’s not being negative, it’s being realistic based on his history to this point.

Idiotic take. K State had a total of 269 yard of offense. The defense played well enough to win. Turnovers an special teams were the difference. That and having literally no home field advantage. We might as well have played this game on South Farm and not alerted the public.

Pollodawg
09-14-2019, 05:41 PM

PERIOD.

I?m convinced now that you?re a troll.

TrapGame
09-14-2019, 05:58 PM
Idiotic take. K State had a total of 269 yard of offense. The defense played well enough to win. Turnovers an special teams were the difference. That and having literally no home field advantage. We might as well have played this game on South Farm and not alerted the public.

And if we had a starting QB that was 100% healthy. He missed two wide open passes that he would have completed in the first two games. He completes those and we are deep in the red zone both times.

Spiderman
09-14-2019, 06:38 PM
Bottom line is that we were out-coached and out-played. Kansas State dominated both lines of scrimmage.

yep

Brahmabull
09-14-2019, 06:48 PM

The point wasn’t that the defense didn’t do well enough for us to win. It was to give examples of how they were able to come out and punch us in the mouth when they needed to start drives late in the game. That wasn’t a top half SEC team today. That team is middle of the pack big 12. Their running backs couldn’t play over our two. They have half the talent we have. We are soft defensively.

We lost because they controlled the line of scrimmage. Our turnovers and piss poor special steams just offset theirs.

sandwolf
09-14-2019, 07:59 PM

Pretty sure that Mullen only lost 4 games as the favorite in his entire 9 years in Starkville.....maybe 5. So 4-5 out of 115 games....Moorhead is at 4 out of 16.

msstate7
09-14-2019, 08:00 PM
Delete

sandwolf
09-14-2019, 08:22 PM
Maybe we should have hired Hud

I don't know how it would've worked out long term, but I'd bet a lot of money that he would've won at least 10 games last year.

HoopsDawg
09-14-2019, 08:24 PM
Also Penn State?s offense isn?t really any good either. Saquon Barkley is extending some coaching careers

It's a slow, complicated offense that isn't a run and shoot and it isn't a power offense.

THE Bruce Dickinson
09-14-2019, 08:43 PM
The point wasn’t that the defense didn’t do well enough for us to win. It was to give examples of how they were able to come out and punch us in the mouth when they needed to start drives late in the game. That wasn’t a top half SEC team today. That team is middle of the pack big 12. Their running backs couldn’t play over our two. They have half the talent we have. We are soft defensively.

We lost because they controlled the line of scrimmage. Our turnovers and piss poor special steams just offset theirs.

We were better in every statistic including rushing yards and yards per carry. Keep believing what you want.

ScoobaDawg
09-14-2019, 08:51 PM
I'm completely done with JoMo.

His teams are football stupid. He isn't good enough to coach at MSU

So that means you are going to quit following the football team while he is the head coach?
Some of us might be ok with that...

RezDog7
09-14-2019, 09:20 PM
I've known joe sucks for a long time, but I'll wait for jarius, gutter, dancing rabbit, met, Rez, and coach007 to tell me why I'm wrong.

BTW, let me be first to predict Kansas st wins the big12... we've predicted ULL and usm to win theirs after playing us well (spit!!!)

You were right and I was wrong. Fire his ass. I'm out.

SPMT
09-14-2019, 09:51 PM
1998. State walked into Stillwater and got blown out by a 5-6 Oklahoma State team. That team ended up in Atlanta. The SEC West is completely different now and we?re definitely not winning the West this year, but I still thinks it?s a tad overblown to call for Joe?s head after one loss. Joe?s teams remind me of Jackie?s. We lost one today we should?ve won, and we?ll probably beat somebody later this season we shouldn?t. I?ll say this, If he goes 4-8 this season, his seat should be getting very warm.

Open your eyes.

The dense kept the tea in the game last year and that?s gone this year.

The team lacks classic MSU toughness and Joe isn?t going to bring that like Dan dis.

SPMT
09-14-2019, 09:54 PM
We were better in every statistic including rushing yards and yards per carry. Keep believing what you want.

Like you said...we had more yards, more first downs, more rushing yards..everything but points. This coach and his staff aren’t cut out for the SEC.

yjnkdawg
09-14-2019, 10:34 PM
It seems like some or maybe a good many of our players were more focused on jawing back and forth with the KSU players than getting their mind in the actual game. I think the KSU players got in some of their heads (undisciplined). Now that is a coaching issue that should have been addressed, ST was crap, but some of it was lack of coaching, and then some of the blame can go to the ones who were suspended. Why we couldn't finally adjust to their punt rush, I don't know. Tucker got gun shy. However, just because one poster on a MSU message board starts another one of his threads, and this one on firing JoeMO this season, doesn't mean crap. He ain't gonna be fired this year, unless some unforeseen circumstances happen to justify it (that ain't losing to KSU). JoeMo does need to get this turned around though, and I initially thought Jones was a good hire as ST Coach. He talks a good talk, but that seems to be about it.

Jarius
09-14-2019, 10:46 PM

We played terrible today and Joe is certainly losing my support. As terrible as your predictions have been about every team you should probably shut the **** up.

msstate7
09-14-2019, 10:52 PM
We played terrible today and Joe is certainly losing my support. As terrible as your predictions have been about every team you should probably shut the **** up.

Bump my bad predictions.

yjnkdawg
09-14-2019, 10:57 PM
So that means you are going to quit following the football team while he is the head coach?
Some of us might be ok with that...

We can't be that lucky. Probably just means more threads on what we should do and not do from recruiting, to coaching to facilities, etc. (Wash, rinse and repeat). :(

maroonmania
09-15-2019, 12:06 AM
Next year is the year that will tell the tale on Moorhead to me. Tutorgate won't be a factor, Schrader will be a full year into the system, and Shoop and co. will have had a 2nd year to rebuild the defense that lost a TON of talent from last year. And hopefully Kylin will come back. Today's game should have been won but TS was just not playing winning football today and GS is just not ready yet. Tommy was overthrowing everything for INTs and then fumbling the ball away running with it like a loaf of bread. The biggest factor that kept us in things today was 2 punt return fumbles by KSU and a fumble back to us after a TS INT. As for Garrett, he is just not ready yet. He is a gamer but he is getting confused and just giving up on too many reads and running even when the yardage situation doesn't call for it. For example, trying to run for 4th and 16 was just a panic thing for him and then on the very last possession with almost no time on the clock he was STILL taking off and running. Given all the current negatives I'm willing to stay behind Joe for one more year to see what happens. I mean, he is going to get AT LEAST 3 years regardless unless something unforseen happens. I'll admit though that what we have seen on the field through a season and 3 games does not inspire.

ScoobaDawg
09-15-2019, 12:06 AM
It was a terrible hire. We are a SEC program that had clawed our way out of the cellar and our AD killed all of that to save some dough. Now the losses to the program are going to be huge and hiring a coach would look cheap.

Who could we have hired instead.. You rather have Jeremy Pruitt ?

dawgday166
09-15-2019, 12:08 AM
Who could we have hired instead.. You rather have Jeremy Pruitt ?

I imagine we could've gotten Satterfield or Klieman. But on paper Joe did look like a pretty good hire.

ScoobaDawg
09-15-2019, 12:10 AM

Are you freaking serious? Do you really want our players to call out other players or coaches ON SOCIAL MEDIA? that would truly show A BROKEN CULTURE.

Goodness you are melting harder than ever lately..

Commercecomet24
09-15-2019, 12:15 AM
Are you freaking serious? Do you really want our players to call out other players or coaches ON SOCIAL MEDIA? that would truly show A BROKEN CULTURE.

Yep. Heaven forbid a player tweeting that he wants to work hard this week to get better and that he loves his teammates. He should probably be benched for such a horrendous tweet.****

trojandawg
09-15-2019, 12:38 AM
What exactly has he done to deserve anything?

trojandawg
09-15-2019, 12:40 AM
The fact that we were even considering Pruitt shows that we aren?t far off from Tennessee. Cohen had to prove how smart he was and how planned he was for this hire.

CadaverDawg
09-15-2019, 01:09 AM

PERIOD.

I'm not sure why you're choosing to die on the Moorhead hill, but it's only making you look silly at this point. You've been talking up this team for months (EVEN WHEN KNOWING ABOUT SUSPENSIONS), and now you're going to come on here after that 3 ring circus today and try to use suspensions as an excuse and tell us Joe will be the best thing that ever happened to MSU??! Good luck with that.

I knew the guy was a clown when he lost to Florida...knew it even more when we got that undisciplined mind thumping against UK, and then the exclamation with the Iowa bed shitting....all with the #1 D in the country. But folks like you told me I was crazy and needed to let him "get his QB". Well, I decided to be positive and optimistic and see what he could do, and the result is us looking like Sly and Woody's short bus brigade out there today.

If you have football knowledge and a pair of functioning eyeballs in your skull, you saw enough today to know that this guy IS NOT IT. Period. So we can keep playing this "give him time" BS and completely rebuild this bastard from the cellar up in 3 years, OR we can demand Cohen fix his screw up or follow him out the door when he finally does go. I for one am not interested in watching this awful product as we circle the drain for 2-3 more years. The fans deserve better and the players deserve better. Watching us waste Kylin this year the way we wasted Simmons, Sweat, and Abram last year, is about all I can take. Joe has done nothing to deserve the loyalty of us allowing him to tear apart everything Mullen and this program built over the last 10 years. I'm not sure why you or anyone else would put him above this program at this point, it's odd to me. But whatever.

And Joey Jones should have a For Sale sign in his yard tonight, because I've seen better special teams play and tackling on a Junior High field than I saw today out of his group.

Goldendawg
09-15-2019, 01:18 AM
I'm not sure why you're choosing to die on the Moorhead hill, but it's only making you look silly at this point. You've been talking up this team for months (EVEN WHEN KNOWING ABOUT SUSPENSIONS), and now you're going to come on here after that 3 ring circus today and try to use suspensions as an excuse and tell us Joe will be the best thing that ever happened to MSU??! Good luck with that.

I knew the guy was a clown when he lost to Florida...knew it even more when we got that undisciplined mind thumping against UK, and then the exclamation with the Iowa bed shitting....all with the #1 D in the country. But folks like you told me I was crazy and needed to let him "get his QB". Well, I decided to be positive and optimistic and see what he could do, and the result is us looking like Sly and Woody's short bus brigade out there today.

If you have football knowledge and a pair of functioning eyeballs in your skull, you saw enough today to know that this guy IS NOT IT. Period. So we can keep playing this "give him time" BS and completely rebuild this bastard from the cellar up in 3 years, OR we can demand Cohen fix his screw up or follow him out the door when he finally does go. I for one am not interested in watching this awful product as we circle the drain for 2-3 more years. The fans deserve better and the players deserve better. Watching us waste Kylin this year the way we wasted Simmons, Sweat, and Abram last year, is about all I can take. Joe has done nothing to deserve the loyalty of us allowing him to tear apart everything Mullen and this program built over the last 10 years. I'm not sure why you or anyone else would put him above this program at this point, it's odd to me. But whatever.

And Joey Jones should have a For Sale sign in his yard tonight, because I've seen better special teams play and tackling on a Junior High field than I saw today out of his group.

Only rainbows and unicorns related Jo posts allowed here. BTW, I was there for the entire game and was disgusted. Also watched his press conference and his lack of fire almost put me to sleep, but heck, it's late. BTW, if Joey Jones positioned the "For Sale" sign as poorly as he does our special team players, no one would ever see it! Hail State, but we have multiple problems!

trojandawg
09-15-2019, 01:21 AM

This! Bravo good sir! Sick of this crap! We want to see good football and not excuses!

msstate7
09-15-2019, 06:13 AM

Hell, didn't Guidry call out our HC at halftime last year?

99jc
09-15-2019, 09:21 AM
Next year is the year that will tell the tale on Moorhead to me. Tutorgate won't be a factor, Schrader will be a full year into the system, and Shoop and co. will have had a 2nd year to rebuild the defense that lost a TON of talent from last year. And hopefully Kylin will come back. Today's game should have been won but TS was just not playing winning football today and GS is just not ready yet. Tommy was overthrowing everything for INTs and then fumbling the ball away running with it like a loaf of bread. The biggest factor that kept us in things today was 2 punt return fumbles by KSU and a fumble back to us after a TS INT. As for Garrett, he is just not ready yet. He is a gamer but he is getting confused and just giving up on too many reads and running even when the yardage situation doesn't call for it. For example, trying to run for 4th and 16 was just a panic thing for him and then on the very last possession with almost no time on the clock he was STILL taking off and running. Given all the current negatives I'm willing to stay behind Joe for one more year to see what happens. I mean, he is going to get AT LEAST 3 years regardless unless something unforseen happens. I'll admit though that what we have seen on the field through a season and 3 games does not inspire.

If you need another season to tell dumbass is over his head your a dumbass also.

Spiderman
09-15-2019, 09:26 AM

Unless Hill gets hurt, He gone.

Coursesuper
09-15-2019, 09:27 AM

Outstanding sir, simply outstanding!

sandwolf
09-15-2019, 10:36 AM

Completely agree. Good post.

redstickdawg
09-15-2019, 11:00 AM

I agree 100%, question is if we only get 2-3 more wins this year (my best guess) do we dump this clownshow at the end of the year?

NCDawg
09-15-2019, 11:13 AM

I disagree that we should have won the game yesterday. They dominated the OL and DL on the LOS. They had pass receivers wide open with nobody near them, and their backs were running though our DL like croton oil through a widow woman. We were lucky keeping the game as close as we did, due to their fumble and late hit on Stevens. I knew the game was lost when the game was tied 24-24, they punted and we had the ball on our 5. We run Hill up the middle twice for short gains, throw an incomplete pass and have to punt, giving them good field position. They had no trouble moving the ball down the field and scoring.

CadaverDawg
09-15-2019, 01:26 PM
I agree 100%, question is if we only get 2-3 more wins this year (my best guess) do we dump this clownshow at the end of the year?

If Cohen is who he says he is....yes. So I doubt it.

BulldogBear
09-15-2019, 02:56 PM

+1

I understand the frustration we're having but we don't need to over analyze absolutely everything construably connected to a disappointment like this. And especially before sleeping off the beverage of the day and taking some time to calm down.

BuckyIsAB****
09-15-2019, 09:07 PM
This is the culture Jomo has instituted. I love Kylin, but this is bullshit. This isn't leadership, this is enabling.

That is absolutely leadership. Would you rather him get on there and air out dirty laundry for the entire world to see? Or get on there and bitch about playcalling?

Negativity is usually never the answer to shit. Constructive criticism and calling someone out behind closed doors is. Twitter isnt behind closed doors. Drink a beer man I know you wanna win but this is an overeaction

Jack Lambert
09-15-2019, 09:09 PM
I imagine we could've gotten Satterfield or Klieman. But on paper Joe did look like a pretty good hire.

Still might be. He's not going anywhere any time soon.

yjnkdawg
09-15-2019, 09:38 PM

I highly doubt that will happen, on the record, but let's say it did, and JoeMo was fired this year. OK, ED Coaching Committee Search Team, who would you get to come here ( or better yet what coach would want to come here) after allowing JoeMo only two years, including the crap that he has had to put up with this year on the suspensions and injuries, which is beyond his control. I don't know whether he has the type of demeanor to be an SEC Coach, or whether his offensive scheme will work well in the SEC. We don't know that yet, but wanting to fire him after the 3rd game of his second season is pretty overboard and not even realistic.

ScoobaDawg
09-16-2019, 01:12 AM
I highly doubt that will happen, on the record, but let's say it did, and JoeMo was fired this year. OK, ED Coaching Committee Search Team, who would you get to come here ( or better yet what coach would want to come here) after allowing JoeMo only two years, including the crap that he has had to put up with this year on the suspensions and injuries, which is beyond his control. I don't know whether he has the type of demeanor to be an SEC Coach, or whether his offensive scheme will work well in the SEC. We don't know that yet, but wanting to fire him after the 3rd game of his second season is pretty overboard and not even realistic.

We wouldn't be able to hire any D1 Head football coach.. not to mention we would have to pay a 3 year buyout.
So do you want to take a chance on some fcs coach or a power 5 oc coordinator again?

Some of these posters are far too emotional and not looking at the big picture.. we were missing our starting qb. Our backup qb played as hard as he could and has a very promising career ahead of him.
Pile that on to the suspensions and we just aren't a great team.

All this comparison of rankings of players is just dumb. a 4 star freshmen DL is not the same as a 4th year starter 3 or 4 star.

yjnkdawg
09-16-2019, 07:25 AM
We wouldn't be able to hire any D1 Head football coach.. not to mention we would have to pay a 3 year buyout.
So do you want to take a chance on some fcs coach or a power 5 oc coordinator again?

Some of these posters are far too emotional and not looking at the big picture.. we were missing our starting qb. Our backup qb played as hard as he could and has a very promising career ahead of him.
Pile that on to the suspensions and we just aren't a great team.

All this comparison of rankings of players is just dumb. a 4 star freshmen DL is not the same as a 4th year starter 3 or 4 star.

Exactly

BrunswickDawg
09-16-2019, 07:51 AM
I think this year shows us a few things that everyone has to keep in mind about MSU football -

First - whether you like it or not, our program will probably never be immune from having a down year come thru every 3-4 years. The margins are too small for us not to. It can still literally only take 1-2 injuries or suspensions to have major impacts on the team. Throw in 10 suspensions and 6 injuries - and it is a recipe for a disaster. Add a couple of bad recruiting classes and your roster can be screwed for a year. Remember, we are only two seasons removed from 5-7. For all the pluses of Dan, we had 4 seasons of his 9 where we struggled to get bowl eligible. Thinking that struggling to get to 6 wouldn't happen again isn't realistic (and I say this admitting I didn't think it would be this year).

Second - we can not let a coach spend years taking advantage of us. The performance on the field is on Joe. The personnel he has been dealt is on the asshole who gave up on MSU in 2015. Period. The man stole from us - and thank god Cohen and/or Keenum put his ass on notice after Loafers went south or this is what we would have been watching for the past 2 years as well. If they don't ream him and motivate him to rescue himself via Grantham and a JUCO recruiting hail mary, think about where things would be right now. Think about that 2016 signing day melt down and remember that class was the sign of what ole Danny Two Gloves thought about us. Also remember that that is this year's JR.'s & Sr.'s

Third - Joe has got to mature as a coach and realize he is not infallible and his system isn't either. Learn that, and I think he will be a success.

Fourth - We never, ever, need to expect that we are better or "have more talent" than any P5 school. For a fan base that goes on and on about how off the star system is, and how we find diamonds, etc. etc., you would think that we would realize that there are about 70 other P5 programs in that same boat. With the P5 requirement for our schedule, it's going to impact us - and we are 2-2 now over the past 4 years against BYU and KSU. Learn from it folks, the days of an automatic 4 OOC wins is over.

And finally - I say this living 10 hours away and being unable to get to more than a game year (if I'm lucky) - show up and support this team and our school. I had season tickets for a decade when I lived within reasonable driving range. I drove from Atlanta many, many times to watch us lose to Troy, Louisiana-Monroe, La Tech, and tie MF Arkansas State! Every single one of us has sat through very shitty football at MSU in stadiums that were a lot fuller than what we have seen the past 2 weeks. The absolute worst thing we can do as a fanbase is treat this team the way our fans have treated our basketball team. There is a lot talk on here about the team effort, leadership, etc. - and we aren't applying that same expectation to the fan base. We expect the players to work hard and overcome adversity - and yet we bail every time something doesn't turn out the way we want it. There are plenty of tickets available - so go if you can.

BulldogBear
09-16-2019, 09:29 AM
I think this year shows us a few things that everyone has to keep in mind about MSU football -

First - whether you like it or not, our program will probably never be immune from having a down year come thru every 3-4 years. The margins are too small for us not to. It can still literally only take 1-2 injuries or suspensions to have major impacts on the team. Throw in 10 suspensions and 6 injuries - and it is a recipe for a disaster. Add a couple of bad recruiting classes and your roster can be screwed for a year. Remember, we are only two seasons removed from 5-7. For all the pluses of Dan, we had 4 seasons of his 9 where we struggled to get bowl eligible. Thinking that struggling to get to 6 wouldn't happen again isn't realistic (and I say this admitting I didn't think it would be this year).

Second - we can not let a coach spend years taking advantage of us. The performance on the field is on Joe. The personnel he has been dealt is on the asshole who gave up on MSU in 2015. Period. The man stole from us - and thank god Cohen and/or Keenum put his ass on notice after Loafers went south or this is what we would have been watching for the past 2 years as well. If they don't ream him and motivate him to rescue himself via Grantham and a JUCO recruiting hail mary, think about where things would be right now. Think about that 2016 signing day melt down and remember that class was the sign of what ole Danny Two Gloves thought about us. Also remember that that is this year's JR.'s & Sr.'s

Third - Joe has got to mature as a coach and realize he is not infallible and his system isn't either. Learn that, and I think he will be a success.

Fourth - We never, ever, need to expect that we are better or "have more talent" than any P5 school. For a fan base that goes on and on about how off the star system is, and how we find diamonds, etc. etc., you would think that we would realize that there are about 70 other P5 programs in that same boat. With the P5 requirement for our schedule, it's going to impact us - and we are 2-2 now over the past 4 years against BYU and KSU. Learn from it folks, the days of an automatic 4 OOC wins is over.

And finally - I say this living 10 hours away and being unable to get to more than a game year (if I'm lucky) - show up and support this team and our school. I had season tickets for a decade when I lived within reasonable driving range. I drove from Atlanta many, many times to watch us lose to Troy, Louisiana-Monroe, La Tech, and tie MF Arkansas State! Every single one of us has sat through very shitty football at MSU in stadiums that were a lot fuller than what we have seen the past 2 weeks. The absolute worst thing we can do as a fanbase is treat this team the way our fans have treated our basketball team. There is a lot talk on here about the team effort, leadership, etc. - and we aren't applying that same expectation to the fan base. We expect the players to work hard and overcome adversity - and yet we bail every time something doesn't turn out the way we want it. There are plenty of tickets available - so go if you can.

Good Post

msstate7
09-16-2019, 09:34 AM

Just curious, where did the Kansas st classes rank? I'll help...

2016 - 72nd
2017 - 61st
2018 - 66th
2019 - 62nd

Lol @ blaming this loss on Mullen's recruiting

Coursesuper
09-16-2019, 09:42 AM

2016 - 72nd
2017 - 61st
2018 - 66th
2019 - 62nd

I'm not defending that post but, as ranked by whom? The ones rating these kids are a bunch of fan site writers. Those are the people that assign stars, think about that for second.

TrapGame
09-16-2019, 09:45 AM

2016 - 72nd
2017 - 61st
2018 - 66th
2019 - 62nd

Lot of seniors starting for K State. Experience matters. Remember we plugged in one of the most highly recruited dual threat QBs in the country as a freshman. He played like a freshman. You think he misses some of those throws or makes those bonehead decisions as a senior?

That loss is on 10 guys who thought they mattered more than the team. You can call out Joe too. He made some head scratchers. No coach is infallible but it's not all on him.

msstate7
09-16-2019, 09:51 AM
Well I hate to tell you guys if we lost bc of talent Saturday, we will lose a crap load more bc KSU isn't talented as Kentucky, LSU, auburn, aTm, and Bama.

bulldawg989
09-16-2019, 09:52 AM
I'm not defending that post but, as ranked by whom? The ones rating these kids are a bunch of fan site writers. Those are the people that assign stars, think about that for second.

I'll play devil's advocate here, I agree recruiting rankings are subjective and largely project perceived potential rather than actual calculated production. How amny 5* kids that were 'can't miss' didn't pan out or live p to expectations? Having said that, I think what we have with Moorhead is a coach that can recruit better than Mullen but can't coach the talent he brings in; Mullen could not (or would not - take your pick) recruit well but could get every ounce of talent and effort out of what he had.

So here we are, Moorhead is the polar opposite of Mullen in recruiting vs. coaching. We may get more talented players with Moorhead but if the development never matches the recruiting what good is it? Is it more comforting to lose with less talent but more effort? My preference is based on the sample size thus far is less talent and better coaching.

smootness
09-16-2019, 09:56 AM
I said it last year and will say it again now - it is clear Moorhead isn't the guy. The longer we keep him, the tougher it will be to climb out of the hole he leaves.

I understand winning 8 games and then possibly 6 or whatever we end up with this year, with our history, makes it difficult to fire a coach 2 years in. I'm not saying it will happen or that I will be upset with our administration if they don't do it.

But the bottom line is, he isn't the guy and the longer it takes to try to find someone else, the tougher it will be.

TrapGame
09-16-2019, 09:57 AM
Well I hate to tell you guys if we lost bc of talent Saturday, we will lose a crap load more bc KSU isn't talented as Kentucky, LSU, auburn, aTm, and Bama.

You're confusing talent with experience. Talent is great but if you don't have actually experience to mold that talent and focus it then it's raw and unpredictable. Again see Garrett Shrader.

You want Joe to be the one and only problem with this team. I'm sure you were quick to defend any of Mullen's bonehead decisions.

msstate7
09-16-2019, 09:59 AM
You're confusing talent with experience. Talent is great but if you don't have actually experience to mold that talent and focus it then it's raw and unpredictable. Again see Garrett Shrader.

You want Joe to be the one and only problem with this team. I'm sure you were quick to defend any of Mullen's bonehead decisions.

Nah, I let Mullen have it all the time. I like to think I call it like I see it.

Scared_Hitless
09-16-2019, 10:05 AM
3 main factors this season are contributing to our regression.

1. Suspensions and injuries- this is obvious we arent Bama losing 10 players and 6 more to injury for multiple game is hurting us. We are wasting redshirt years due to the selfishness of a few.

2. Coaching- but not necessarily who you think. Joey Jones has been abysmal figure it out or cut him loose. Deke Adams we have regressed on the DLine losing Baker hurt. Offensively losing Tommy was the killer but Joe has to get more creative and incorporate some short game for a freshman QB.

3. S&C staff regardless of our edge and physicality this is the first season I can remember where we look out of shape. We talked in preseason about the weight gain of our roster and it looks to be a problem. Go hire the best S&C coach u can get with a track record. We are an SEC program we cant miss on these hires.

BrunswickDawg
09-16-2019, 10:20 AM

2016 - 72nd
2017 - 61st
2018 - 66th
2019 - 62nd

I specifically said that the on field performance was on Joe.

It's funny to me that when we were recruiting in the 30s and beating teams like AU, LSU, & A&M the recruiting rankings were crap, and didn't accurately reflect talent developed by MSU - but it doesn't apply when Kentucky, or KSU is beating us.

BrunswickDawg
09-16-2019, 10:21 AM

Oh, now Kentucky has LSU/Auburn level talent?? Recruiting ranking says they dont

TrapGame
09-16-2019, 10:21 AM
Nah, I let Mullen have it all the time. I like to think I call it like I see it.

Every coach makes boneheaded decisions. Mullen and Stoops tried to out retard each other in the 4th quarter Saturday night. Hell, Saban even makes a questionable decision every once in a while. But, a bonehead decision is magnified if your starting QB is out and 10 guys are suspended including valuable starters on defense.

Now with that said...

I want to see a focused team Saturday and I want Joe coaching with some fire. We need this win and I want that need to be manifest in the faces of the players and coaches!

msstate7
09-16-2019, 10:27 AM
I specifically said that the on field performance was on Joe.

It's funny to me that when we were recruiting in the 30s and beating teams like AU, LSU, & A&M the recruiting rankings were crap, and didn't accurately reflect talent developed by MSU - but it doesn't apply when Kentucky, or KSU is beating us.

Spin away... I didn't say recruiting rankings were to blame for this loss, but you did, or strongly insinuated it.

msstate7
09-16-2019, 10:28 AM
Oh, now Kentucky has LSU/Auburn level talent?? Recruiting ranking says they dont

Huh? Kentucky is more talented than KSU. No sure where you got this

BrunswickDawg
09-16-2019, 10:57 AM
Spin away... I didn't say recruiting rankings were to blame for this loss, but you did, or strongly insinuated it.

With everything we know about recruiting rankings - do you really believe there is that much difference between a team with a roster that the average player rates an 83 and a team that rates 87? When you know a guy like Montez Sweat was rated a 3* 86? Or Benardrick McKinney or Darius Slay was an 82? Do you really believe that we are the only team that has players like that?

The reality is there really isn't that much difference in talent outside the Top 10 recruiters and say #75. Within that range other factors can make or break seasons very quickly because the margin is so thin. A rash of injuries; a player suspension; a coach screwing up a QB battle; or recruiting holes, can swing a team from being a 8 win team to a 5 win team quickly.

Look at our 2013 team - OL injuries and recruiting gaps kept a team with an NFL running back from being better than 6-6.

BrunswickDawg
09-16-2019, 10:58 AM
Huh? Kentucky is more talented than KSU. No sure where you got this

yeah, I whiffed on that

msstate7
09-16-2019, 11:00 AM
With everything we know about recruiting rankings - do you really believe there is that much difference between a team with a roster that the average player rates an 83 and a team that rates 87? When you know a guy like Montez Sweat was rated a 3* 86? Or Benardrick McKinney or Darius Slay was an 82? Do you really believe that we are the only team that has players like that?

I absolutely believe there are guys like that all over the country. I just do not in any way think we lost bc we were outmatched in talent Saturday. Joe had some horrible luck with injuries, no doubt. If you asking me who is to blame for Saturday's loss though, Mullen shouldn't be mentioned, at all.

timotheus
09-16-2019, 11:03 AM
The player rankings are skewed terribly due to the fact that we have guys like yancy and ben at the school up north who participate in the assessments. They mite have gone to journalism school and be good at punctuation but I will leave the player scouting to the well informed coaches.

smootness
09-16-2019, 11:40 AM
So hang on a second. When Moorhead has a class ranked a few spots better than Mullen, it's proof he's a better recruiter.

When our class average is 50 spots ahead of KSU, well, you can't really derive anything from that.

Cool.

msstate7
09-16-2019, 11:43 AM
So hang on a second. When Moorhead has a class ranked a few spots better than Mullen, it's proof he's a better recruiter.

When our class average is 50 spots ahead of KSU, well, you can't really derive anything from that.

Cool.

You just want Moorhead to lose so you can right! - 75% of ED screaming at you

BrunswickDawg
09-16-2019, 11:46 AM
I absolutely believe there are guys like that all over the country. I just do not in any way think we lost bc we were outmatched in talent Saturday. Joe had some horrible luck with injuries, no doubt. If you asking me who is to blame for Saturday's loss though, Mullen shouldn't be mentioned, at all.

I was really referring to the overall state of the program trying not to be game specific. Again, Joe is responsible for the on-field performance. Period. However, having roster holes that exacerbate the situation are not on him (yet). In fact, I think he has done a very good job trying address it. And yeah, I do blame Mullen for those holes. And if you go back in threads on this board prior to him leaving, you will find plenty of discussion about the roster problems he was creating with his unbalanced classes, undersigning, and misses at key positions it plays a huge part in what Joe is trying to work with. I think most people felt that it would really not catch up to us this year - and we were wrong.

So, when we play another P5 team - and we aren't at full strength - we have not built our program up enough that we can overcome someone on talent, we have to actually execute. We saw that in '16 against BYU. But we were replacing a lot from '15, had a QB trying to establish himself in the shadow of a legend, and the errors in margins led to a loss. To get game specific - we did not execute on Saturday (that's on Joe), and the holes in the roster meant our margin of error is too small to "out talent" another solid P5 team.

BrunswickDawg
09-16-2019, 11:47 AM

Cool.

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds***

dawgday166
09-16-2019, 11:49 AM
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds***

So is what you're saying is that most people on here are thinking "outside the box" ? ***

timotheus
09-16-2019, 12:27 PM
JoMo may be so far out of the box that we can't even find the location of the box.