PDA

View Full Version : Les Miles to Tennessee?

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 07:30 AM
So Kansas best the hell out of BC and Vol fans are all over twitter wanting Les Miles now.

Here is my opinion: that would be an amazing hire for Tennessee and get their culture fixed. Les can develop players, recruit, and manage a program. He also seems fun to play for.

He would actually be the perfect hire for Tennessee.

msstate7
09-14-2019, 07:33 AM
Tenn could do much worse, but I'd go get Dave Clawson if I were them

Maroonthirteen
09-14-2019, 08:01 AM
I’m not even going to say who they’ll come after.... if they fire Pruitt. It’s obvious.

CadaverDawg
09-14-2019, 08:08 AM
I'd go with Kansas State's coach. In his first year he's being picked to go into a SEC West stadium and win on the road after they got crushed at home by the same team last year.***

DownwardDawg
09-14-2019, 08:14 AM
I?m not even going to say who they?ll come after.... if they fire Pruitt. It?s obvious.

Obviously it?s not obvious. I have no idea who you are referring to.

Freezes????

msstate7
09-14-2019, 08:15 AM
Obviously it’s not obvious. I have no idea who you are referring to.

I'm assuming freeze

dantheman4248
09-14-2019, 08:15 AM
I'd go with Kansas State's coach. In his first year he's being picked to go into a SEC West stadium and win on the road after they got crushed at home by the same team last year.***

He'd be smart to stick away from the SEC. He's a good coach and KSU will be good if they can keep him for a while. But he doesn't know the SEC recruiting ropes and doesn't have in-roads here. (I know your answer is non-serious, he just would objectively be a bad SEC hire while still being a good coach.)

DownwardDawg
09-14-2019, 08:16 AM
So Kansas best the hell out of BC and Vol fans are all over twitter wanting Les Miles now.

Here is my opinion: the would be an amazing hire for Tennessee and get their culture fixed. Les can develop players, recruit, and manage a program. He also seems fun to play for.

He would actually be the perfect hire for Tennessee.

I would love to see him back in the SEC.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 08:25 AM
Tenn could do much worse, but I'd go get Dave Clawson if I were them

Maybe. I'd go Les. I carries much more weight to get everyone on board.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2019, 08:26 AM
I’m not even going to say who they’ll come after.... if they fire Pruitt. It’s obvious.

That hire could put them in the dumpster for another decade.

The problem with Tennessee is that they lack the ability to make the mature decision on hirings

We've discussed this before, but a Les Miles type hire is exactly what Tennessee needs to make.

Les in incapable of being a losing coach. He may not have been able to beat Saban, but that's like saying someone that isn't as good at Math as Albert Einstein can't do math.

Les gets players to play up & he's good at building culture & developing. Perfect fit

DownwardDawg
09-14-2019, 09:37 AM
That hire could put them in the dumpster for another decade.

The problem with Tennessee is that they lack the ability to make the mature decision on hirings

We've discussed this before, but a Les Miles type hire is exactly what Tennessee needs to make.

Les in incapable of being a losing coach. He may not have been able to beat Saban, but that's like saying someone that isn't as good at Math as Albert Einstein can't do math.

Les gets players to play up & he's good at building culture & developing. Perfect fit

What hire would set them back another 10 years? Freeze? If that’s who y’all are talking about, I guess it would depend on how “all in” they wanted to go in recruiting. If they won’t commit to buying players, then yeah, Freeze would tank there pretty quickly.

Maroonthirteen
09-14-2019, 09:38 AM
I'm assuming freeze

If we have a good year ...........

tcdog70
09-14-2019, 10:13 AM
Me, I would hire The Pirate. He would be force at Tennessee

dawgday166
09-14-2019, 10:14 AM
He'd be smart to stick away from the SEC. He's a good coach and KSU will be good if they can keep him for a while. But he doesn't know the SEC recruiting ropes and doesn't have in-roads here. (I know your answer is non-serious, he just would objectively be a bad SEC hire while still being a good coach.)

Was Saban, Urban, and Les Miles bad SEC hires? All of them were in same category prior to being hired into SEC.

ETA: They all had a longer D1 pedigree tho. But all were from outside the SEC. And all of them really made the SEC what it is today.

Maroonthirteen
09-14-2019, 12:27 PM
Nevermind. Tennessee could keep Pruitt and be just the same if they hired Moorhead.

PMDawg
09-14-2019, 02:24 PM
Hell, I'd take him here, tomorrow.

RocketDawg
09-14-2019, 03:06 PM
Hell, I'd take him here, tomorrow.

Yeah, I was gonna say ... how about WE hire Les. I've always liked the guy anyway and he certainly has SEC experience.

TUSK
09-14-2019, 03:31 PM
Sweet Baby Jesus, please let this happen.... Wait a minute...

As a Bammer, I really loathe UT... But I wouldn't even wish Les Miles on them...