PDA

View Full Version : Screw it

CadaverDawg
09-14-2019, 01:33 AM
The more I think about this game, the more convinced I am that we're going to roll these fools. I'm changing my pick...

Dawgs 41
Wildcats 19

While our D has struggled, we've played bend but don't break. I think we give up 4 FGs and 1 TD but our offense rolls. We may not be great, but to hell with this close game and upset talk. New coach at KSU, on the road, against a SEC West opponent....we aren't losing this game. Beat down forthcoming.
Hail Damn State.

https://www.supertalk.fm/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/hill-1200x675.jpg

Coach007
09-14-2019, 01:42 AM
We will roll.

We will change our Defense to 4-3.... No more dime/nickle unless needed.

99jc
09-14-2019, 02:03 AM
about time 17 them.

MetEdDawg
09-14-2019, 06:00 AM
I'm with you CD. I'm just not sure why folks think we suck except they are just scared.

We are better than they are and we will be at home. I just don't see how this is a loss for us. I really don't.

The question is will all these people predicting us to lose, both the media people and our own fans, shut the hell up and change their tune if we win convincingly today?

I'm guessing not because we have the most self deprecating fan base I've ever seen.

Todd4State
09-14-2019, 06:40 AM
We will roll.

We will change our Defense to 4-3.... No more dime/nickle unless needed.

Why would we do that? Only makes sense if we take Morgan out and move Cole to safety. But is Tim Washington that much of an upgrade over Morgan? Maybe start Brule?

Todd4State
09-14-2019, 06:42 AM
I'm with you CD. I'm just not sure why folks think we suck except they are just scared.

We are better than they are and we will be at home. I just don't see how this is a loss for us. I really don't.

The question is will all these people predicting us to lose, both the media people and our own fans, shut the hell up and change their tune if we win convincingly today?

I'm guessing not because we have the most self deprecating fan base I've ever seen.

Short answer- no. Next week it will be more of the same. And if we beat Alabama this year our own fans will degrade it by saying Alabama is "down". If we go 13-0 the SEC will be "down" too.

Like I've said before- our fans can't believe that we're consistently good in football.

msstate7
09-14-2019, 06:43 AM
Why would we do that? Only makes sense if we take Morgan out and move Cole to safety. But is Tim Washington that much of an upgrade over Morgan? Maybe start Brule?

No idea if he knows what he's talking about, but rose bowl on bo bounds show said expect less Cole this week with more Washington, 4-3

msstate7
09-14-2019, 06:46 AM
Short answer- no. Next week it will be more of the same. And if we beat Alabama this year our own fans will degrade it by saying Alabama is "down". If we go 13-0 the SEC will be "down" too.

Like I've said before- our fans can't believe that we're consistently good in football.

Beating auburn on the road with their defense would be very, very impressive. The only way I'd downplay that win is if they did something stupid flukey like fumble 5 times at our goal line. I won't even hold a loss there against joe. Auburn's defense is really, really good, and that's not an easy place to win. Take care of business the next 2 games, and I'm happy

Todd4State
09-14-2019, 06:59 AM
No idea if he knows what he's talking about, but rose bowl on bo bounds show said expect less Cole this week with more Washington, 4-3

That's interesting. Cole has been one of if not our most productive defensive player. Even if I went with a 4-3 traditional style Cole would be in at safety.

bhamdog54
09-14-2019, 07:08 AM
That's interesting. Cole has been one of if not our most productive defensive player. Even if I went with a 4-3 traditional style Cole would be in at safety.

Agreed, I love Cole. To me he should be playing more FS with Landrews playing SS, and Morgan at the star.

gravedigger
09-14-2019, 07:17 AM
The more I think about this game, the more convinced I am that we're going to roll these fools. I'm changing my pick...

Dawgs 41
Wildcats 19

While our D has struggled, we've played bend but don't break. I think we give up 4 FGs and 1 TD but our offense rolls. We may not be great, but to hell with this close game and upset talk. New coach at KSU, on the road, against a SEC West opponent....we aren't losing this game. Beat down forthcoming.
Hail Damn State.

https://www.supertalk.fm/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/hill-1200x675.jpg

That is what my gut tells me too, but I just dont know. Balls bounce funny. The reason we do have a chance to win big is because we are dynamic on offense and they havent seen our offense the way it is supposed to run.

If we get up by 2 scores or more, I will breath a sigh of relief.

We really need to be dynamic and spread the ball around to keep them from keying on Kylin who burned that ass last year. If I'm guessing right, Mitchell, Guidry and Zuber will have a big day.

dantheman4248
09-14-2019, 07:20 AM
Wool getting thick. Let’s go.

FEI has us at #8 in the nation so I believe that is the one true method of ranking teams (7 don’t tell me how they have 70% weight to the past 5 years right now I don’t care it says we’re number 8 and it’s gameday and you aren’t taking that from me.)

msstate7
09-14-2019, 07:23 AM
Wool getting thick. Let’s go.

FEI has us at #8 in the nation so I believe that is the one true method of ranking teams (7 don’t tell me how they have 70% weight to the past 5 years right now I don’t care it says we’re number 8 and it’s gameday and you aren’t taking that from me.)

Had no idea this was even out yet. Thought it was later in season. Glad you posted this

dantheman4248
09-14-2019, 07:37 AM
Had no idea this was even out yet. Thought it was later in season. Glad you posted this

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/fei/2019

Homedawg
09-14-2019, 07:45 AM

This is the correct answer.

Homedawg
09-14-2019, 07:46 AM
Agreed, I love Cole. To me he should be playing more FS with Landrews playing SS, and Morgan at the star.

Morgan can't cover or blitz well enough to do what we want the star to do.

CadaverDawg
09-14-2019, 08:02 AM

He sure cant

confucius say
09-14-2019, 08:07 AM

RB said cole can play every safety spot.

I say no way shoops plan is to take Cole off the field for most of game. No freaking way

coastratdog
09-14-2019, 08:10 AM
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/fei/2019

Not sure how updated this info is. It has KSU 1-0.

dantheman4248
09-14-2019, 08:12 AM
Not sure how updated this info is. It has KSU 1-0.

"Ratings and supporting data are calculated from the results of non-garbage possessions in FBS vs. FBS games."

Homedawg
09-14-2019, 08:33 AM
RB said cole can play every safety spot.

I say no way shoops plan is to take Cole off the field for most of game. No freaking way

Oh he can. But I was responding to moving Morgan to star and Cole to backend.

confucius say
09-14-2019, 09:25 AM
Oh he can. But I was responding to moving Morgan to star and Cole to backend.

Got ya

dawgday166
09-14-2019, 09:35 AM

Bear Bryant used to say his team sucked every week and then they'd kick some good team's butt. I like that approach much better than

"Woohoo, we awesome and KY, FL, and LSU are sure wins. There's no way they should beat us". Then only score 7, 6, and 3 points against them.

My observation over the years is when our fans don't expect much, we're pleasantly surprised. When we start getting too high on our teams, we bomb out. EVERY SINGLE TIME. Last year was a killer too.

ETA: And if we were to beat Bama we'd then be so high we would then go and lose to OM.