PDA

View Full Version : The "experts" are picking KSU...

CadaverDawg
09-13-2019, 06:08 PM
And not just picking them against the spread....picking them to win outright. We better bring it tomorrow. This is an important game for JoMo. We expect to win games like this.

ScoobaDawg
09-13-2019, 06:09 PM
What experts... where?

BeardoMSU
09-13-2019, 06:13 PM
What experts... where?

Coach34**

I kid, I kid.

Pollodawg
09-13-2019, 06:15 PM
The experts picked AU and TAMU to roll us last year, too. We have the (ironic) biggest Chicken Little fans on Earth.

RocketDawg
09-13-2019, 06:17 PM
Coach34**

I kid, I kid.

Ha.

msbulldog
09-13-2019, 06:18 PM
Cdawg, I suspect you and I qualify as much as experts as the 'experts do! I probably watch as much football as they do and I have played some ball. The only thing you and I lack is somebody to pay for our guess on a game!

Turfdawg67
09-13-2019, 06:47 PM
Who are the "experts"? Do tell.

defiantdog
09-13-2019, 06:51 PM
It really is a different KState team. Last year, they almost lost their opener to North Dakota, but again, almost beat Texas. I think they're more polished and hungry. But Bowling Green's top rusher averaged 5.9 yards per carry, and they're defense also had 2 sacks on KState. Nicholls State averaged 6.2 yards per carry on 26 carries. We kept ULL to 4.43 yards per carry and Southern Miss to 4.07 yards per carry. We aren't getting the pressure we are used to, but we aren't that bad. This will be a close game. I'm picking us to win based on the fact that our team is bigger, faster, and more talented. Also, Hill went over 200 yards per carry on them last year. Tie that in with a QB that can actually complete a pass, and we're dangerous.

Mjoelner34
09-13-2019, 07:13 PM
One of these same 'experts' also picked USM to keep it within 6 points last week. Do people really pay money to these losers to get their picks? LOL! Its the same with stock brokers. If they were that good, their ass would be sitting on a beach sipping a drink with an umbrella in it.

The dude from Paramount Sports is who I'm talking about. He predicted KState straight up 28-26.

thf24
09-13-2019, 07:20 PM
We always get picked for an upset by "experts" in games like these, and while it can very well happen, it's not primarily because they actually think it's what's going to happen. It's a simple formula. By picking a relatively average joe to upset a big-stage, small-market program like ours, you're minimizing the number of people you piss off on the upset side, you stand to gain a lot of clout if you're right, but most don't care if you're wrong.

Mjoelner34
09-13-2019, 07:23 PM
We always get picked for an upset by "experts" in games like these, and while it can very well happen, it's not primarily because they actually think it's what's going to happen. It's a simple formula. By picking a relatively average joe to upset a big-stage, small-market program like ours, you're minimizing the number of people you piss off on the upset side, you stand to gain a lot of clout if you're right, but most don't care if you're wrong.

Pretty much the same thing with all of the talking heads on radio and tv. They'll go 1-10 and crow all day about the one they got right and nobody ever calls them out on the 10 they got wrong.

DancingRabbit
09-13-2019, 07:36 PM
Yeah, well they also said eggs were bad for you.

Dawgtini
09-13-2019, 08:15 PM

This. I was thinking it but couldn?t put it as succinctly as you did. Bravo

Commercecomet24
09-13-2019, 08:17 PM
I believe a bunch of experts said the same thing about last years game AT KSU. Most of us probably watch more football than some of these experts

TrapGame
09-13-2019, 08:35 PM
I believe a bunch of experts said the same thing about last years game AT KSU. Most of us probably watch more football than some of these experts

They did. I remember Lee Sterling last year telling Bo "Don't be surprised if K State upsets State in the Little Apple." He harped on Snyder's coaching and K State's physicality.

And we remember how that turned out.

If Kansas State upsets us tomorrow then more power to them. But I very seriously doubt it. A close game? Sure. An upset win by K State? No.

Jack Lambert
09-13-2019, 08:49 PM
Are these the experts who mixes us up with ole miss all the time?

BrunswickDawg
09-13-2019, 09:12 PM
Leonard's losers.... KState

yjnkdawg
09-13-2019, 10:05 PM
Coach34**

I kid, I kid.

LOL Good one Beardo

CadaverDawg
09-13-2019, 10:06 PM
What experts... where?

The betting guys on radio. I've now heard 3 guys pick KSU straight up. I was kidding about "experts" but their picks don't make me feel super confident. Lee Sterling and a couple other handicappers is who I was talking about. Sterling is a goon that is wrong a LOT, but he was right on ULL +16

yjnkdawg
09-13-2019, 10:08 PM
Can we define who an expert is in predicting college football game wins and losses. They don't always end up being the expert on their "losing" prediction.

Commercecomet24
09-13-2019, 10:15 PM
They did. I remember Lee Sterling last year telling Bo "Don't be surprised if K State upsets State in the Little Apple." He harped on Snyder's coaching and K State's physicality.

And we remember how that turned out.

If Kansas State upsets us tomorrow then more power to them. But I very seriously doubt it. A close game? Sure. An upset win by K State? No.

Yep Sterling did say that.

DancingRabbit
09-13-2019, 10:26 PM
Some of those idiots occasionally pick us over Bama, so I don't take it personally. :)

Commercecomet24
09-13-2019, 10:28 PM
Some of those idiots occasionally pick us over Bama, so I don't take it personally. :)

They probably won't this year lol

Coach007
09-13-2019, 10:28 PM
I love this GUY!!!!! BUTTHURT he was wrong last week. "This SEC... HOW is this team even ranked.. The bias." He picked Southern Miss last week and is "a little Jaded" and states... He don't like us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odCEqGMEtNs

Commercecomet24
09-13-2019, 10:39 PM
I love this GUY!!!!! BUTTHURT he was wrong last week. "This SEC... HOW is this team even ranked.. The bias." He picked Southern Miss last week and is "a little Jaded" and states... He don't like us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odCEqGMEtNs

In the immortal words of Lou Brown, "let's give em all a big s***burger to eat!"

Coach007
09-13-2019, 10:40 PM
I could post these people all day. Hacks that are clueless in their pick on this game. This chick states "No Mr. ELITE QB in Nick Fitzgerald anymore" "K-st should win this game but will beat themselves"

THEN LISTEN TO THE GUY ON THE LEFT<<<<<

"The markets have basically said Stevens is out and they don't care... AND IT WAS A CLOSE COMPETITION in camp and the true Frosh almost won it... some GUIDES HAD THE BACK UP FROSH WINNING THE JOB!"

They simply are clueless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ultfVQpZFJQ&t=5s

Bothrops
09-14-2019, 12:15 AM
I could post these people all day. Hacks that are clueless in their pick on this game. This chick states "No Mr. ELITE QB in Nick Fitzgerald anymore" "K-st should win this game but will beat themselves"

THEN LISTEN TO THE GUY ON THE LEFT<<<<<

"The markets have basically said Stevens is out and they don't care... AND IT WAS A CLOSE COMPETITION in camp and the true Frosh almost won it... some GUIDES HAD THE BACK UP FROSH WINNING THE JOB!"

They simply are clueless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ultfVQpZFJQ&t=5s

That was pretty bad right there. Does anybody know anything anymore?

Sienfield
09-14-2019, 07:32 AM
It really is a different KState team. Last year, they almost lost their opener to North Dakota, but again, almost beat Texas. I think they're more polished and hungry. But Bowling Green's top rusher averaged 5.9 yards per carry, and they're defense also had 2 sacks on KState. Nicholls State averaged 6.2 yards per carry on 26 carries. We kept ULL to 4.43 yards per carry and Southern Miss to 4.07 yards per carry. We aren't getting the pressure we are used to, but we aren't that bad. This will be a close game. I'm picking us to win based on the fact that our team is bigger, faster, and more talented. Also, Hill went over 200 yards per carry on them last year. Tie that in with a QB that can actually complete a pass, and we're dangerous.

I don't think that is what you meant to type.

dantheman4248
09-14-2019, 07:39 AM
I don't think that is what you meant to type.

Looks accurate to me. Tim Tebow once ran for 3 million yards (https://www.sbnation.com/2014/8/18/5998715/the-tim-tebow-cfl-chronicles)

gravedigger
09-14-2019, 08:28 AM
That was pretty bad right there. Does anybody know anything anymore?

That sounds like someone is trying to sell something. Seriously, that info is so nonsensical only someone addicted to gambling and only relying on their advice would follow it.

I hope Tommy and Joe got a copy of that.

tmcats
09-14-2019, 09:09 AM
that dude is an absolute bozo. i'm sure he picked ku last night to thrash bc as well. i stopped listening shortly after he started bloviating. listen up, it's way too early to know anything other than our two team play one another in a couple hours. #emaw

sleepy dawg
09-14-2019, 09:20 AM
I expect us to win if Tommy is plays and is healthy. If not, I think we might lose. We need to score early. If they were to get a large lead early, It would be difficult to come back with their rushing attack and an inexperienced qb. As long as we stay in control though, we should be okay.

Thick
09-14-2019, 02:28 PM
And not just picking them against the spread....picking them to win outright. We better bring it tomorrow. This is an important game for JoMo. We expect to win games like this.

That?s why they call them experts.

WinningIsRelentless
09-14-2019, 02:29 PM
That?s why they call them experts.

They know JoMo isn?t a physical minded coach.

maroonmania
09-14-2019, 02:33 PM
Guess thats why they are experts.

Lord McBuckethead
09-14-2019, 02:48 PM

Yep. And KSU beat us in every aspect of the game.

Saltydog
09-14-2019, 02:58 PM
I picked them in my weekly picks. This doesn't surprise me at all.