PDA

View Full Version : Bo Bounds

ShotgunDawg
09-13-2019, 07:12 AM
Is he Ok?

Seems like the guy has been missing 2 or 3 shows a week for over a month now.

If something is wrong, then I hope it gets better soon.

If he's just going into retirement mode, then Mississippi deserves a better morning, SEC talk show than this.

Just odd to be taking so many days off in football season. That & you hear the same interviews 3 times a week.

wild_dawg
09-13-2019, 07:21 AM
Listening this morning and today is all reruns. I agree that if something is wrong, I hope it gets better soon and missing is understandable. But if he's just missing, it looks really bad. I can't remember the last time Sports Talk Mississippi had a rerun. Just looks bad and lazy on his part.

ShotgunDawg
09-13-2019, 07:23 AM
Listening this morning and today is all reruns. I agree that if something is wrong, I hope it gets better soon and missing is understandable. But if he's just missing, it looks really bad. I can't remember the last time Sports Talk Mississippi had a rerun. Just looks bad and lazy on his part.

It looks awful & Mississippi deserves better. I don't like it

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-13-2019, 07:26 AM
Could be wrong but I think he's doing a benefit or something with Jake Wimberly and Robert St John in Hattiesburg.

Lol Bo can't win, people talk shit on him but mad when he's not on.

msstate7
09-13-2019, 07:27 AM
Is he Ok?

Seems like the guy has been missing 2 or 3 shows a week for over a month now.

If something is wrong, then I hope it gets better soon.

If he's just going into retirement mode, then Mississippi deserves a better morning, SEC talk show than this.

Just odd to be taking so many days off in football season. That & you hear the same interviews 3 times a week.

The 7-Gun show! Everyone would tune in!**

ShotgunDawg
09-13-2019, 07:28 AM
Could be wrong but I think he's doing a benefit or something with Jake Wimberly and Robert St John in Hattiesburg.

So that's why he's been missing 3 days a week for a few months now?

You're just focusing on today. I'm talking about a trend

StarkVegasSteve
09-13-2019, 07:34 AM
Bo has always missed once every few weeks, but I do agree with Shotgun that in the last few months it's been once or twice a week every week. Blake has started hosting the show at least once a week. And maybe it's the station's way of seeing if Blake is ready for his own show.

DownwardDawg
09-13-2019, 07:57 AM

Now I would even listen to that! Y’all crazy bastards!!!

ShotgunDawg
09-13-2019, 08:01 AM

I'd quite about 30 min into the first show once he played Devil's Advocate for the 5th time

Gutter Cobreh
09-13-2019, 08:08 AM

Can you imagine the dysfunction within that show????

7 would be trying to use some sort of new advanced analytics he read about on the internet, while Shotgun would continually mumble about heat, shade, and installing "big ass" fans at Davis Wade. If 7 talks as much as he posts here, no callers would ever be able to get through either.

Full disclosure - I would prefer 7&Gun over 34&Bond.

biggun
09-13-2019, 08:11 AM

Amen. Give him a break people

Maroonthirteen
09-13-2019, 08:15 AM
The Out of Bounds show is good. Good content.

Memphis sports radio is horrible. NBA basketball talk, year around.

RezDog7
09-13-2019, 08:26 AM
Well his boy Lee Sterling just picked KSU for the upset. I sure hope we get to call him in that next week.

Maroonthirteen
09-13-2019, 08:32 AM
Well his boy Lee Sterling just picked KSU for the upset. I sure hope we get to call him in that next week.

I swear. OM must have way way more advertising dollars than State.

Every talk show, State’s glass is half empty and sitting on the edge of the table waiting to be spilled. OMs glass is half full and on the verge of being refilled. This has been the theme since I discovered sports talk 25 years ago.

TrapGame
09-13-2019, 08:36 AM
Bo has always missed once every few weeks, but I do agree with Shotgun that in the last few months it's been once or twice a week every week. Blake has started hosting the show at least once a week. And maybe it's the station's way of seeing if Blake is ready for his own show.

I actually like Blake better.

Commercecomet24
09-13-2019, 08:52 AM

Rep Given!

Y'all are the Point-Counterpoint of State athletics!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-13-2019, 09:11 AM
I swear. OM must have way way more advertising dollars than State.

Every talk show, State’s glass is half empty and sitting on the edge of the table waiting to be spilled. OMs glass is half full and on the verge of being refilled. This has been the theme since I discovered sports talk 25 years ago.

Yeah I've noticed since the regime change in Oxford, there appears to be a push to eliminate the question marks at ole miss and add a slight bit of uncertainty to any decision MSU makes.

StarkVegasSteve
09-13-2019, 09:14 AM

Him and Bartoo were all over them last year too..........we see how well that one turned out

ShotgunDawg
09-13-2019, 09:14 AM
Yeah I've noticed since the regime change in Oxford, there appears to be a push to eliminate the question marks at ole miss and add a slight bit of uncertainty to any decision MSU makes.

Here is what is ridiculous, recruiting rankings rule the day whenever MSU has the lower recruiting rankings.

HOWEVER, K-State has the 72nd most talented roster in college football & MSU has the 22nd most talented roster, yet I don't think I've heard anything about recruiting rankings all week.

It's a just disingenuous process. Everything MSU is half full

Irondawg
09-13-2019, 09:20 AM
Here is what is ridiculous, recruiting rankings rule the day whenever MSU has the lower recruiting rankings.

HOWEVER, K-State has the 72nd most talented roster in college football & MSU has the 22nd most talented roster, yet I don't think I've heard anything about recruiting rankings all week.

Now this is spot on. I don't agree with it but seems his show always talks about recruiting rankings as indicators of talent when evaluating who the better football team should be. But they cherrypick when to use it or not. As gun says - if you're going to use that metric + the fact that MSU is at home you should be picking MSU to win big and talking about how big an upset it would be for them to walk in and win. If you want to focus on the potential positive matchup they have with their commitment to the run vs. our troubles stopping the run that's fine. However discuss that point as the only way KSU can beat MSU and talking how MSU can't turn the ball over, etc etc.

RezDog7
09-13-2019, 09:24 AM

I agree with this completely, but a lot of the outspoken posters on this board are the same.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-13-2019, 09:28 AM
I'm not listening, but apparently he is on according to Twitter.

HRTFXR
09-13-2019, 09:32 AM
I generally like the show, but I find it unlistenable with Jackson on there.

deltadawg99
09-13-2019, 09:33 AM
Bo was on Jake’s show yesterday afternoon, but he has been MIA more on his show for some reason.

Bo gets good guest and that’s the strength of his show IMO. He’s a great promoter and marketer but he doesn’t know much about sports.

Matt Wyatt on the other hand, is extremely knowledgeable about the game but he lacks with good on air guests.

TrapGame
09-13-2019, 09:36 AM
Bo was on Jake’s show yesterday afternoon, but he has been MIA more on his show for some reason.

Bo gets good guest and that’s the strength of his show IMO. He’s a great promoter and marketer but he doesn’t know much about sports.

Matt Wyatt on the other hand, is extremely knowledgeable about the game but he lacks with good on air guests.

Matt is the best sports radio guy in the state, period.

Dawgbite
09-13-2019, 09:42 AM

If you have an agenda then you use only the facts that support your agenda or at least manipulate the facts in order to support your preconceived beliefs.

Commercecomet24
09-13-2019, 09:47 AM

Yep, you nailed it!

ETA: We have a lot of posters on here who do the same thing.

MafiaDawg
09-13-2019, 10:15 AM
When Blake hosts, he does this extremely choppy voice inflection where he emphasizes every other word. He does not do it when he is just the sidekick.

Cooterpoot
09-13-2019, 10:25 AM
Why does anyone listen that garbage? They’re living in your head and you’re letting them. Then, promoting them.

Lord McBuckethead
09-13-2019, 10:29 AM
You mean half empty.

GoDawgz
09-13-2019, 11:34 AM
He still has a show..??......stopped listening over a year ago..... all he was trying to do then was throw controversy out there to get a response..... pretty sure nothing has changed.

TUSK
09-13-2019, 11:45 AM
Rep Given!

Y'all are the Point-Counterpoint of State athletics!

I'd tune in just to hear 7 use his advanced, synthesis methodology to quantify 'Gun's analysis of QBs' metrics of coaxial core thrust, ball RPMs, velocity and trajectory...

Commercecomet24
09-13-2019, 11:48 AM
I'd tune in just to hear 7 use his advanced, synthesis methodology to quantify 'Gun's analysis of QBs' metrics of coaxial core thrust, ball RPMs, velocity and trajectory...

Now that's funny!

TrapGame
09-13-2019, 11:54 AM

"The Gun and Seven Show, brought to you by Sherwin Williams where watching paint dry sounds pretty good right now, doesn't it?"

Commercecomet24
09-13-2019, 12:04 PM
"The Gun and Seven Show, brought to you by Sherwin Williams where watching paint dry sounds pretty good right now, doesn't it?"

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TrapGame again.

BrunswickDawg
09-13-2019, 12:12 PM

You know that the biggest fight would be who's name is listed first in the title of the show. 7 would find some metric like his post count or his Q-score to argue for his name being first, while Gun would probably provide arguments both for and against his own interests. Their producer would just decided for them based on the alphabet.

msbulldog
09-13-2019, 12:34 PM
I actually like Blake better.

I like Blake too, but damn he has an irritating voice.

msstate7
09-13-2019, 12:54 PM
You know that the biggest fight would be who's name is listed first in the title of the show. 7 would find some metric like his post count or his Q-score to argue for his name being first, while Gun would probably provide arguments both for and against his own interests. Their producer would just decided for them based on the alphabet.

I should go first. I'm more beloved among state fans**

sonofozarka
09-13-2019, 02:48 PM
Bo gets good guest and that?s the strength of his show IMO. He?s a great promoter and marketer but he doesn?t know much about sports.

Completely agree, Bo doesn't really know a lot about sports, you can tell he doesn't keep up that much. He's not that guy that can recite the 2 deep for State or Ole Miss, how heavily they were recruited, draft projections, much less tell you more than 1 player's name on another SEC team.

But I still think Bo does a good show because he knows how to be an on-air personality, knows how to create and focus on narratives, emphasize topics that are polarizing, and he has great guests that ARE informed in their field.

On the other hand, Blake is that nerd that keeps up with sports and can recite you the whole roster and probably does nothing buy watch sports every day when he goes home. So in general he's an informed fan, but I just don't think he's a good host/commentator. Blake just comes off as that nerd that never got picked for a team when he was a kid, but he just memorizes all the box scores

RocketDawg
09-13-2019, 06:27 PM

Technically, velocity includes trajectory (direction) since it's a vector quantity. Speed, however, is not a vector and doesn't include direction. **

RocketDawg
09-13-2019, 06:29 PM

Kinda has a good ring to the name, but they'd continually be talking over each other.

Jack Lambert
09-13-2019, 08:57 PM

That what happens when you suck at what you do. Need to put Matt in his time slot.