PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone gonna be there Saturday?

msstate7
09-12-2019, 11:51 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/02MhVbBF/F050437-D-B2-BD-4-B68-B35-C-0-AE3162-A275-C.png (https://postimg.cc/svznXDy4)

Lower level tickets for $6 on stubhub

ETA... looks like I'm looking too forward to the weekend. Today isn't Friday

dantheman4248
09-12-2019, 12:02 PM
Lower level tickets on the sun baked side. What’s the disparity between East and West?

TUSK
09-12-2019, 12:03 PM
Seatgeek has a better deal...

https://seatgeek.com/kansas-state-wildcats-at-mississippi-state-bulldogs-football-tickets/ncaa-football/2019-09-14-11-am/4543354

msstate7
09-12-2019, 12:09 PM
Lower level tickets on the sun baked side. What’s the disparity between East and West?

https://i.postimg.cc/X7nw4JQP/2-D3-D1-D44-59-C8-4-CCB-8-C02-E9-EDC7-AA2381.png (https://postimg.cc/WtfD72Rm)

confucius say
09-12-2019, 12:15 PM
I?ll be there plus +8

wild_dawg
09-12-2019, 01:22 PM
I'll be there +3.

Coach007
09-12-2019, 01:35 PM
The temp per Accuweather is now Partly sunny and high of 93

msstate7
09-12-2019, 01:48 PM
This is the game to take a family to with the very affordable tickets

Jarius
09-12-2019, 02:26 PM
I will be there. No excuse for poor attendance, but it’s going to loook like we are playing a sunbelt team attendance wise. I’m sure it’s too hot or someone has a hang nail or someone can’t get up that early or someone has to go fishing or someone has to get their deer stand ready or whatever. Shitty attendance hurts recruiting and destroys home field advantage, but oh well.

MaroonDawg4Life
09-12-2019, 02:44 PM
I will be there. No excuse for poor attendance, but it?s going to loook like we are playing a sunbelt team attendance wise. I?m sure it?s too hot or someone has a hang nail or someone can?t get up that early or someone has to go fishing or someone has to get their deer stand ready or whatever. Shitty attendance hurts recruiting and destroys home field advantage, but oh well.

Yeah excuses excuses but if MSU loses then everyone will be upset but most don?t want to get up and go!

Maroonthirteen
09-12-2019, 03:36 PM
Yeah excuses excuses but if MSU loses then everyone will be upset but most don?t want to get up and go!

The Columbus State fans will be burning up Facebook by the 3rd quarter from their recliners.

But hey, they didn’t break that $20 or leave the AC.

RiverCityDawg
09-12-2019, 03:41 PM
The Columbus State fans will be burning up Facebook by the 3rd quarter from their recliners.

But hey, they didn’t break that $20 or leave the AC.

Yeah folks don't care enough to deal with 90 degree heat, but if we lose they'll all the sudden act like it's the most important thing in their life.

deadheaddawg
09-12-2019, 03:46 PM
Maybe we should refuse to be on TV, because attendance dropping will be an issue .....for us and everyone.....not just this weekend, but in the future.

I will be there Saturday, but on away game weekends, I have 3 TVs going in my gameroom and I ain't going lie, it's awesome.

Again I will be there, and I have no plans on that changing in the coming years, but I also understand that football is ENTERTAINMENT, and football on TV is pretty damn entertaining.

Some of the 60,000+ people we get for the really big games have things in their lives that are important besides football. I know it's crazy to think, but some people don't plan their entire lives around going to an entertainment function.

As a person that goes to all the home games, I hate to see small crowds, but I understand why. And as long as we can buy 65" TV's for $400 and watch football on TV from 11:00 am until after midnight, this will be a problem....for everyone

Bothrops
09-12-2019, 03:52 PM
I'm going, and I'm sure it will be general admission by kickoff time.

TUSK
09-12-2019, 03:55 PM
http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/K9b2WiPZi0ZjO/giphy.gif

Jarius
09-12-2019, 04:00 PM
Maybe we should refuse to be on TV, because attendance dropping will be an issue .....for us and everyone.....not just this weekend, but in the future.

I will be there Saturday, but on away game weekends, I have 3 TVs going in my gameroom and I ain't going lie, it's awesome.

Again I will be there, and I have no plans on that changing in the coming years, but I also understand that football is ENTERTAINMENT, and football on TV is pretty damn entertaining.

Some of the 60,000+ people we get for the really big games have things in their lives that are important besides football. I know it's crazy to think, but some people don't plan their entire lives around going to an entertainment function.

As a person that goes to all the home games, I hate to see small crowds, but I understand why. And as long as we can buy 65" TV's for $400 and watch football on TV from 11:00 am until after midnight, this will be a problem....for everyone

As long as those assholes that do not go to the games do not get on the ridiculously terrible MSU football Facebook websites bitching and griping about our football team then I am fine with them not showing up. If you are not going to do your part then STFu. My opinion, of course. You can take an entire family to the game this weekend for cheaper than it would be to go to the zoo. No excuses. There is also a problem with people that buy season tickets and just eat the tickets rather than finding someone to put in their seats. If they can’t find someone to buy their tickets they just use them as toilet paper. That is their right, of course. Does not help the team though.

starkvegasdawg
09-12-2019, 05:47 PM
I'll be there with family in tow.

Rick Danko
09-12-2019, 06:04 PM
Me and friend plan to go. Work is about to screw me over I?m afraid tho. If he doesn?t go, he has two coworkers that want the tix. So the seats will be filled regardless

BulldogBear
09-12-2019, 07:25 PM
Me and Mrs. BB will be there. I bought my tickets a few weeks ago. Should've waited. But at least I'll be in shade for a quarter, maybe even a quarter and a half.

Dawgology
09-12-2019, 08:11 PM
As long as those assholes that do not go to the games do not get on the ridiculously terrible MSU football Facebook websites bitching and griping about our football team then I am fine with them not showing up. If you are not going to do your part then STFu. My opinion, of course. You can take an entire family to the game this weekend for cheaper than it would be to go to the zoo. No excuses. There is also a problem with people that buy season tickets and just eat the tickets rather than finding someone to put in their seats. If they can’t find someone to buy their tickets they just use them as toilet paper. That is their right, of course. Does not help the team though.

So if someone doesn’t physically attend a game they aren’t allowed to talk about the team. I see. “How to Have a Super Small Fanbase 101”

dantheman4248
09-12-2019, 08:45 PM
This will be the first home game in not at in over 6 years. (Due to actually being a graduate and not a student anymore) Sad feeling.

BoomBoom
09-12-2019, 10:50 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/02MhVbBF/F050437-D-B2-BD-4-B68-B35-C-0-AE3162-A275-C.png (https://postimg.cc/svznXDy4)

Lower level tickets for $6 on stubhub

ETA... looks like I'm looking too forward to the weekend. Today isn't Friday

I won't. I have season tickets, but also some other personal responsibilities going on. I could go the extra mile to make the game, but in the heat for an inferior opponent it's just not worth it.

Pollodawg
09-12-2019, 11:11 PM
I won't. I have season tickets, but also some other personal responsibilities going on. I could go the extra mile to make the game, but in the heat for an inferior opponent it's just not worth it.

How dare you not structure your entire existence around MSU football?

Homedawg
09-12-2019, 11:38 PM
Lower level tickets on the sun baked side. What?s the disparity between East and West?

11 game they are both sunbaked

BoomBoom
09-13-2019, 12:09 AM

If the school were going the extra mile for me, I probably would. But as just a money source, I put me first.

Jarius
09-13-2019, 07:11 AM
So if someone doesn?t physically attend a game they aren?t allowed to talk about the team. I see. ?How to Have a Super Small Fanbase 101?

Of course there are exceptions. The people that do their part in other ways that live too far away to go to games are different.

Jarius
09-13-2019, 07:13 AM

No one says you have to go to every game or structure your entire life around MSU athletics. Hopefully someone will be in his seats. Doesn’t have to be him. I have no
doubt someone would love free tickets to the game this Saturday. I have been able to give away many tickets that others did not want. It isn’t very hard to take a few minutes out of your life and ask around if someone would like some free tickets to a big game.

Jarius
09-13-2019, 07:16 AM
It’s going to be 85 degrees at kickoff Saturday

Dawgology
09-13-2019, 10:15 AM
It’s going to be 85 degrees at kickoff Saturday

Do you live in Mississippi??? It’s 87 right now but is reported as feeling as 97...and it’s not even 11. Folks that go tomorrow need to be drinking water NOW, keep a bottle of water in your hand at the game, and wear light and breathable clothing, wear wide brimmed hats and plenty of sunscreen. Humidity will drop a little by tomorrow but it will feel like 100+ by noon and steadily warm over the next couple of hours. If you go to the game tomorrow with your children monitor them closely. Force them to drink water if need be....not soda.

Jarius
09-13-2019, 10:45 AM
Do you live in Mississippi??? It’s 87 right now but is reported as feeling as 97...and it’s not even 11. Folks that go tomorrow need to be drinking water NOW, keep a bottle of water in your hand at the game, and wear light and breathable clothing, wear wide brimmed hats and plenty of sunscreen. Humidity will drop a little by tomorrow but it will feel like 100+ by noon and steadily warm over the next couple of hours. If you go to the game tomorrow with your children monitor them closely. Force them to drink water if need be....not soda.

Of course hydration is key. I can promise you that if you do what you are saying here no one will have any issues unless they have some other sort of major health issue.

confucius say
09-13-2019, 11:34 AM
If the school were going the extra mile for me, I probably would. But as just a money source, I put me first.

What would you like the school to do?

confucius say
09-13-2019, 11:41 AM
Go to the game if you can and you/those with you can tolerate the heat. Tix are dirt cheap if you don?t have them.

If you cannot and have tix, make an effort to give them away. Somebody will take and use them. Stand outside your local Kroger or wal Mart and hold them up if necessary.

If you fall into either of these categories and choose to do neither, do not complain if we lose tomorrow.

BoomBoom
09-13-2019, 12:45 PM
What would you like the school to do?

Its been addressed ad nauseum on here. Shade, misters, competent gate security, fighting for the most fan appropriate kickoff times.

The latter pisses me off the most, because it costs nothing other than fighting for your own fans with your own conference. Insist on spreading around the unfavorable kickoff times. If it was "our turn in the barrel", I wouldn't bitch. But we all know it doesn't work that way.

Howboutdemdogs
09-13-2019, 02:41 PM
We will be tailgating at 8:00. +6

Jarius
09-13-2019, 03:33 PM
Its been addressed ad nauseum on here. Shade, misters, competent gate security, fighting for the most fan appropriate kickoff times.

The latter pisses me off the most, because it costs nothing other than fighting for your own fans with your own conference. Insist on spreading around the unfavorable kickoff times. If it was "our turn in the barrel", I wouldn't bitch. But we all know it doesn't work that way.

Mississippi State has had the least amount of early kickoff times in the sec for sec games.

https://twitter.com/finebaum/status/1172228562079948802?s=21

RocketDawg
09-13-2019, 03:44 PM

Alabama has a 2:30 kickoff for the second week in a row. So it is spread around. Both their first game and our first game were inside a climate-controlled dome. Now it's quite possible that the CBS money outweighs any fan concerns for this week, but they played a cupcake opponent last week when it was 97, and presumably paid New Mexico State for the privilege.

There's no way they could install misters for the entire stadium. And if they did, many would be complaining about getting wet or even their hair getting frizzy. And there's really no way to provide shade for the fans short of building a roof.

dantheman4248
09-13-2019, 04:44 PM
You’re looking at the wrong team. It’s not Bama. It’s not spread around to LSU is the issue.

BoomBoom
09-13-2019, 05:04 PM
Mississippi State has had the least amount of early kickoff times in the sec for sec games.

Sec football started in 2014?

Anyway, we followed that miserably hot home opener with...2 more hot times for the next 2 games. That ain't spreading it around, especially as one of those comes with a night start for a shitty Arky game.

BoomBoom
09-13-2019, 05:06 PM
Alabama has a 2:30 kickoff for the second week in a row. So it is spread around. Both their first game and our first game were inside a climate-controlled dome. Now it's quite possible that the CBS money outweighs any fan concerns for this week, but they played a cupcake opponent last week when it was 97, and presumably paid New Mexico State for the privilege.

There's no way they could install misters for the entire stadium. And if they did, many would be complaining about getting wet or even their hair getting frizzy. And there's really no way to provide shade for the fans short of building a roof.

No need to mist the whole stadium. Just have designated areas. Cheap and effective.

Screens are all that is needed for shade. Several soccer stadiums do this.

dantheman4248
09-13-2019, 05:12 PM

Anyway, we followed that miserably hot home opener with...2 more hot times for the next 2 games. That ain't spreading it around, especially as one of those comes with a night start for a shitty Arky game.

Prolly meant SECN

RocketDawg
09-13-2019, 06:10 PM
You’re looking at the wrong team. It’s not Bama. It’s not spread around to LSU is the issue.

Yeah, that's true. They just want night games and apparently get their way most of the time.

TUSK
09-13-2019, 09:07 PM

Bammer & State!!!!!

Do NOT stand for this!!!

Fight the Man!!!!

http://threeimaginarygirls.com/wp-content/uploads/files/uploaded-images/wolverines.jpg

Jarius
09-13-2019, 11:52 PM

Jesus man.....since the sec network started which is the modern era of tv times. We don’t play early more than anyone else. If you do not want to come to the games then do not come. It is your right to find whatever reason you want to not support the team.

Homedawg
09-13-2019, 11:56 PM
Well we can either deal w it or turn our money back in. I choose option a. And it's pretty clear that we haven't been screwed like everyone thinks.