PDA

View Full Version : Stevens on his injury

starkvegasdawg
09-11-2019, 10:12 AM
"I feel good, I feel good," Stevens said. "I think we were doing some things Saturday to better be safe than sorry, I'm feeling good."
Stevens was then asked a follow-up on if he had any restrictions, but he chose not to get into the specifics of his status this week in practice.
"I'll leave that for Coach Moorhead to say," Stevens answered.

TrapGame
09-11-2019, 10:16 AM
We're making K State prepare for both QBs.

ScoobaDawg
09-11-2019, 10:23 AM
https://www.facebook.com/RadioWyatt/posts/2445294985685660

Maroonthirteen
09-11-2019, 10:43 AM
If I’m Moorhead, I let Shrader take first snaps every week. Stevens is to injury prone and we haven’t made it to the really physical games yet.

Also No more running Stevens. He isn’t as agile or quick at Fitz. He will take some shots running the ball.

vv83
09-11-2019, 10:47 AM
If I?m Moorhead, I let Shrader take first snaps every week. Stevens is to injury prone and we haven?t made it to the really physical games yet.

Also No more running Stevens. He isn?t as agile or quick at Fitz. He will take some shots running the ball.

I think that's jumping the gun, he got blown up by someone unblocked. let's see how he bounces back and looks this week

Maroonthirteen
09-11-2019, 10:50 AM
I think that's jumping the gun, he got blown up by someone unblocked. let's see how he bounces back and looks this week

I’m referring back To His Penn state days.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-11-2019, 10:58 AM
Stevens is to injury prone and we haven’t made it to the really physical games yet..

Stevens has only had 1 injury & that was to his foot. The only reason that lasted as long as it did was because he was talked out of getting the surgery in spring of 18. He rehabbed instead which caused him to miss the 1st 4 games last year. He eventually has surgery in December which caused him to miss this spring. Before then he'd never had an injury in college or high school.

Saltydog
09-11-2019, 11:23 AM
I agree he's not as fast but what I've seen thus far I think Steven is more agile than Fitz and has better feet. Maybe that's just me.

DancingRabbit
09-11-2019, 12:07 PM
I watched part of the replay last night, watched the two hits he took a few times, and it didn't seem like either hit/fall was that rough.

ShotgunDawg
09-11-2019, 12:09 PM
I watched part of the replay last night, watched the two hits he took a few times, and it didn't seem like either hit/fall was that rough.

IMO, he's a little narrow boned. When you look at Dak, Fitz, & Shrader, they all have a thicker, more durable built.

Commercecomet24
09-11-2019, 12:17 PM

The second hit all his weight came down on his right shoulder. He's a pretty good sized fella and when that weight added with that force all comes down you can ding yourself up pretty good.

msstate7
09-11-2019, 12:25 PM

That throw right after the 2 hits though was very wild, and he grabbed his shoulder. That alone is enough to be very concerned. If he plays Saturday, our oline needs to keep him upright

DancingRabbit
09-11-2019, 12:40 PM
The second hit all his weight came down on his right shoulder. He's a pretty good sized fella and when that weight added with that force all comes down you can ding yourself up pretty good.

Sure, but he managed to roll some as he fell. Didn't look like the shoulder hit full square. LOL, I was going all Zapruder on it. He got up like it was nothing.

Then of course the ugly throw and he grabs it.

DancingRabbit
09-11-2019, 12:47 PM
Sure didn't look too bad

Maroonthirteen
09-11-2019, 12:57 PM

I’ve seen broken collar bones from the weight of ones own fall. But we’ve all seen million falls like that watching football with no injury. So who knows.... time will tell.

I just really like the guy. He looks to be a very good QB. So as a State fan ...... I worry. Hahahaha.

Commercecomet24
09-11-2019, 01:27 PM
I’ve seen broken collar bones from the weight of ones own fall. But we’ve all seen million falls like that watching football with no injury. So who knows.... time will tell.

I just really like the guy. He looks to be a very good QB. So as a State fan ...... I worry. Hahahaha.

I agree with you, same here!

Commercecomet24
09-11-2019, 01:31 PM
Sure, but he managed to roll some as he fell. Didn't look like the shoulder hit full square. LOL, I was going all Zapruder on it. He got up like it was nothing.

Then of course the ugly throw and he grabs it.

I hope(fingers crossed) that they were just being overly cautious since we were pretty much in control at that point and Joe had seen all usm had to offer.\. I honestly believe if it was that serious he would've had ice on it and immobilized the arm, imo.

KentuckyDawg13
09-11-2019, 01:33 PM
Yeah, that was nothing. I've fallen a lot worse (at 53 yrs old) from mountain biking with no injury.

DancingRabbit
09-11-2019, 01:35 PM
"Hey kid, be careful, that's our quarterback"

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1171782209243623424/iB935ScV?format=jpg&name=small

Commercecomet24
09-11-2019, 01:37 PM
"Hey kid, be careful, that's our quarterback"

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1171782209243623424/iB935ScV?format=jpg&name=small

Well done!

Matt3467
09-11-2019, 01:39 PM
Not sure about the agility drills but on the 40 there isn't much difference between Fitz and Stevens. Stevens has been clocked around 4.7 and Fitz was a 4.65 and 4.72 I believe at the combine.

Johnson85
09-11-2019, 01:45 PM
If I?m Moorhead, I let Shrader take first snaps every week. Stevens is to injury prone and we haven?t made it to the really physical games yet.

Also No more running Stevens. He isn?t as agile or quick at Fitz. He will take some shots running the ball.

I wouldn't say that yet. He hasn't shown Fitz's running/scrambling ability, but I think part of that may be him being more committed to going through his reads and just not committing to the run as quickly. Just a guess on my part since their 40 times are basically the same. I will say he doesn't look as big as Fitz even though I think they're supposed to be close to the same size?

thf24
09-11-2019, 01:51 PM
Not sure about the agility drills but on the 40 there isn't much difference between Fitz and Stevens. Stevens has been clocked around 4.7 and Fitz was a 4.65 and 4.72 I believe at the combine.

Big difference between an NFL combine official time and pretty much anything else. I believe I remember Fitz being reported in the 4.5 range before going to the combine. I agree with those saying Stevens looks a little more agile, though. Looks to be able to pick his way through traffic for a few extra yards well.