PDA

View Full Version : Going on the road may be just the right perscription

ShotgunDawg
10-25-2013, 06:18 PM
We have gone round and round about the numerous problems that our team has, and we have all offered tons of solutions. One thing I haven't seen mentioned today is how going on the road may be exactly what this team needs. After all, this team hasn't played on the road in over a month and a half since the Auburn game.

For a team that is struggling to find itself, its identity, and struggles with 4 quarters of focus, going on the road can really help. Here are a few reasons why:

1. Smaller travel squad. Less players usually equals more continuity.

2. Less distractions - Less family members, girl friends, bickering, no plans that night.

3. Us against the world mentality - Going into a hostile atmosphere can make a team come together because they have no choice. When 80,000 people are booing next weekend in Columbia, they will lean on each other more.

I'm not saying this is a cure all or going on the road will actually help, but, in the history of sports, there has been many teams have really benefited and found themselves and their identity on the road.

This is just a hope that I thought I would mention.

Dawg61
10-25-2013, 06:19 PM
Good post

hacker
10-25-2013, 06:28 PM
I hope so. Went into the swamp and beat Florida in 2010. This would be a huge win for us if we could pull it off. I'm looking forward to it.

Political Hack
10-25-2013, 06:43 PM
could be a huge win. we need it. it's not a back breaker if we lose, but it'll be a HUGE win and can be a momentum changer.

Tbonewannabe
10-25-2013, 07:36 PM
We need a win at sc and/or a&m to get the fire back. Arkansas is a must win the way they are currently playing. If we roll over for UM again this year I don't think mullen will survive.

State82
10-25-2013, 08:03 PM
Hey, it sure can't hurt. Never really thought about it, but you may be right. I'm also not going to be holding my breath, but I am grasping at straws right now.