PDA

View Full Version : Print up the bumper stickers

DancingRabbit
09-10-2019, 07:11 PM

Homedawg
09-10-2019, 07:14 PM
It's a shame it doesn't go toy he best player. He might have a shot. But oh well.

dawgday166
09-10-2019, 07:20 PM
It's a shame it doesn't go toy he best player. He might have a shot. But oh well.

Who's the best player?

RocketDawg
09-10-2019, 07:23 PM
Out of that list, and at the moment, I might vote for Jalen Hurts. If nothing else, to sorta give UAT a bit of a dig.

Last year, Fitz was considered by some to be on the list if I remember correctly. Was that just a local thing?

dawgday166
09-10-2019, 07:25 PM
Out of that list, and at the moment, I might vote for Jalen Hurts. If nothing else, to sorta give UAT a bit of a dig.

I still think Hurts is no better than a 2 read QB. He still takes off running after that IMO. I'll watch him a little closer next time to be sure.

Outta that list my top two are Lawrence and Jeudy.

Homedawg
09-10-2019, 07:38 PM
Who's the best player?

Bad wording. What I meant was that if kylin has the best season he has .0000001 % chance of winning.

Homedawg
09-10-2019, 07:39 PM

Last year, Fitz was considered by some to be on the list if I remember correctly. Was that just a local thing?

Hurts is gonna our up stupid numbers do to the fact the league he plays in. he should be the favorite.

msstate7
09-10-2019, 07:42 PM
Hurts is gonna our up stupid numbers do to the fact the league he plays in. he should be the favorite.

I think with the last 2 being from Oklahoma, and the fact he got beat out by a better player at Bama will doom his chances. If you're a voter, you have to think if hurts put up these numbers at Oklahoma, what would tua do?

Commercecomet24
09-10-2019, 07:43 PM
Bad wording. What I meant was that if kylin has the best season he has .0000001 % chance of winning.

Yep it's the mvp of a playoff team. They might as well just come out and say it cause everyone knows it.

Homedawg
09-10-2019, 07:44 PM
Yep it's the mvp of a playoff team. They might as well just come out and say it cause everyone knows it.

Yep!!

msstate7
09-10-2019, 07:45 PM
And this is why fromm is the one I think might get it... I expect Georgia to be sec champs

RocketDawg
09-10-2019, 07:48 PM

Oklahoma's QB won last year in spite of the league they play in and their schedule. I'll bet they pick Tua this year (unless he's injured or otherwise screws up), if for no other reason because he was a close second last year.

dawgday166
09-10-2019, 07:49 PM
And this is why fromm is the one I think might get it... I expect Georgia to be sec champs

Have you not watched the refs hand the last two Bama/Ga games on a silver platter to Bama? You think that's gonna change???

FriarsPoint
09-10-2019, 07:53 PM

I think the guys name is Troy Davis. He was a running back for Bruce Arians at Temple. He put together back to back 2,000 yard seasons and got stiffed in 86. That’s when I quit giving a tinkers damn about the Heisman.

2,000 yards back to back seasons. We’ll never see that again.

Homedawg
09-10-2019, 07:53 PM
Have you not watched the refs hand the last two Bama/Ga games on a silver platter to Bama? You think that's gonna change???

You make it sound like it was the saints vs the ramen last year. Handed it to them? Uga just wet the bed in both.

dawgday166
09-10-2019, 07:58 PM
You make it sound like it was the saints vs the ramen last year. Handed it to them? Uga just wet the bed in both.

Kirby wet the bed a tad last year, but when they don't call facemasks against Bama and it stops drives ... which happened in both those games (as well as PI and targeting), or when Hurts hits the winning TD pass and a Bama O Lineman reaches out to grab a GA DTs arm as he's blowing past him or 2 years ago when on 4th and 4 from the GA 9 yd line the line judge doesn't call illegal motion on Bama when the WR jumped and they scored on that play then yea ... I think those games were handed to Bama.

ETA: There were several flagrant no calls in favor of Bama in both games .. the only difference was Saints/Rams was at end of game.

ETA again: And that will happen again this year too.

Commercecomet24
09-10-2019, 08:02 PM
I think the guys name is Troy Davis. He was a running back for Bruce Arians at Temple. He put together back to back 2,000 yard seasons and got stiffed in 86. That’s when I quit giving a tinkers damn about the Heisman.

2,000 yards back to back seasons. We’ll never see that again.

Yeah Troy was a beast. He played at Iowa State. Great college player. Put up 2200 yards one season.

Homedawg
09-10-2019, 08:06 PM
Kirby wet the bed a tad last year, but when they don't call facemasks against Bama and it stops drives ... which happened in both those games (as well as PI and targeting), or when Hurts hits the winning TD pass and a Bama O Lineman reaches out to grab a GA DTs arm as he's blowing past him or 2 years ago when on 4th and 4 from the GA 9 yd line the line judge doesn't call illegal motion on Bama when the WR jumped and they scored on that play then yea ... I think those games were handed to Bama.

ETA: There were several flagrant no calls in favor of Bama in both games .. the only difference was Saints/Rams was at end of game.

ETA again: And that will happen again this year too.

Not a big conspiracy guy. Shoot me. Ga had their chances and lost.

FriarsPoint
09-10-2019, 08:07 PM
Yeah Troy was a beast. He played at Iowa State. Great college player. Put up 2200 yards one season.

Bruce Arians had some guy at Temple that was a candidate one year and I can’t remember who it was.

dawgday166
09-10-2019, 08:09 PM
Not a big conspiracy guy. Shoot me. Ga had their chances and lost.

Took me a while to get there but it's pretty obvious to me these days. How you miss a facemask as a ref I have no clue.

Why do you think those 2 fumbles in Bama's 1st two drives on us last year weren't reviewed? And those were true fumbles we recovered. Refs review anything close with other teams playing but not when it might go against Bama in a close game. And there is also the phantom block in the back to take Hill's TD from Fitz away too. That game should've been 10-7 at worst.

Commercecomet24
09-10-2019, 08:13 PM
Bruce Arians had some guy at Temple that was a candidate one year and I can’t remember who it was.

Oh yeah you're talking about Paul Palmer. He was the heisman runner up one year and considering he was at temple finishing that high was a minor miracle!

DancingRabbit
09-10-2019, 08:13 PM

I knew what you meant, and of course you're correct.

I'm just happy that he's in the discussion in some corners. That's about all we can hope for, but just being discussed is pretty cool.

It's undeniable that he's very very talented. He damn sure is fun to watch.

ShotgunDawg
09-10-2019, 08:18 PM
I think the Heisman is a dumber than 17 trophy that only exists to glorify blue bloods

msstate7
09-10-2019, 08:22 PM
I think the Heisman is a dumber than 17 trophy that only exists to glorify blue bloods

Not always, RG3 got one. I think usually the best players are on the best teams. Do I agree with all winners? Nah

DancingRabbit
09-10-2019, 09:20 PM
Watching the replay again.

"Poor Santrell Latham has skid marks on the back of his jersey" Ha, Kylin dragging LBs

Todd4State
09-10-2019, 09:51 PM
It will be interesting to see if he can break the MSU rushing record. He's off to a good start.

DancingRabbit
09-10-2019, 10:34 PM
I think we may have a landshark intern doing work over at the Walter Football mock draft site. They currently have Phillips as the 8th back taken, Kylin as the 9th.

Meaningless, yes, but I thought the writer was much more passionate about Scottie's performance than his 3 ypc against Memphis justified.

Scottie Phillips, RB, Ole Miss
Height: 5-11. Weight: 211.
Projected 40 Time: 4.57.
Projected Round (2020): 2-4.
9/7/19: Taking on Memphis, Phillips ran better than his totals of 62 yards on 19 carries with a touchdown illustrate. Phillips is a short back who is very thick, strong, and has some real power. He can flat out run over some tacklers with violence and shows a serious ability to pick up yards after contact. On top of his physicality, Phillips has a burst with quickness to the edge and speed to hit the hole before it closes. Phillips may not have the size to be a bell-cow back in the NFL who is a true three-down starter, but I know team sources who like him and think he could be a really good rotational back who offers a change of pace as shifty but strong back.

Kylin Hill*, RB, Mississippi State
Height: 5-11. Weight: 215.
Projected 40 Time: 4.52.
Projected Round (2020): 2-4.
9/7/19: Hill ran for 197 yards on 27 carries with one touchdown against Louisiana-Lafayette.

Bothrops
09-10-2019, 11:11 PM
It is impossible to win a Heisman at Mississippi State. Even if you are the best player.

dantheman4248
09-10-2019, 11:29 PM
It is impossible to win a Heisman at Mississippi State. Even if you are the best player.

Dak was one TD against Alabama away from it.

Bothrops
09-10-2019, 11:57 PM

You mean getting in invite?

dantheman4248
09-11-2019, 12:51 AM

We beat Alabama then we win SECW and are in the playoff. He’d have won it on the storyline alone. (We would have beaten the brakes off of that Missouri team in SECC, extra game for Dak) ESPN was pushing his story / MSU pretty heavily when we were on top. Having him as an SEC champ and in the playoff would have put him over the top easily.

Dawgfan77
09-11-2019, 07:11 AM
If Hill had say a bigger name on his helmet people would be going crazy over his numbers.

CadaverDawg
09-11-2019, 08:03 AM
Lamar Jackson won one without a playoff trip. That being said, it will take a pretty dynamic offense and several "heisman moments" if you're going to win one from a non-CFP team. If Hill has USM highlights vs SEC teams week in and week out and averages 150 yards per game, it's not impossible to at least dream of an invite. But you're right, the Heisman has pretty much become a CFP MVP vote. It's almost like there has to be a lack of a true star in the CFP for someone else to win it.

BeardoMSU
09-11-2019, 08:10 AM

This.

BeardoMSU
09-11-2019, 08:11 AM

At 10-2 with his numbers, it's still a travesty he wasn't at least invited to NYC.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-11-2019, 09:11 AM
Wait just one damn minute!! Where in the hell is Scottie Phillips?!!!!!**

MedDawg
09-11-2019, 10:37 AM

Maybe, but doubtful, as Mariota had much better stats. Crazy good: 304 for 445 for 68%, 4,454 yards passing, 42 passing TD's to only 4 interceptions. Plus 770 yards rushing and 15 rushing TDs. In 15 games, but still crazy good.

dantheman4248
09-11-2019, 03:24 PM
Maybe, but doubtful, as Mariota had much better stats. Crazy good: 304 for 445 for 68%, 4,454 yards passing, 42 passing TD's to only 4 interceptions. Plus 770 yards rushing and 15 rushing TDs. In 15 games, but still crazy good.

Yea but the narrative would have easily swapped over to Dak. Oregon has been there, done that. MSU was the darling child, winning the SECW and likely SECC would have made up for the gap in numbers. The narrative would have been Dak did “this” against these SEC defenses.

Bothrops
09-11-2019, 08:31 PM
At 10-2 with his numbers, it's still a travesty he wasn't at least invited to NYC.

It was, and it's why we could never have a Heisman winner at MSU.

Lord McBuckethead
09-12-2019, 12:01 AM

If Kylin has the best season and we beat Bama due to that "best" season and we make the playoffs, he would win the heisman.

R2Dawg
09-12-2019, 12:02 PM

You are so right on that. He basically led Heisman half the year and made two Heisman hopefuls look bad head to head and no invite. I didn't expect him to win it after end of season but he should have been invited.

Pollodawg
09-12-2019, 12:13 PM
No Matt ?Baby-Hands? Corrall. Fake list.?

Ole Miss fans.

shannondawg
09-12-2019, 01:50 PM
Win it or not, it certainly helps us pr wise for him to be in the conversation.