PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Hwy 82 Eats Question

BulldogBear
09-10-2019, 09:13 AM
With Saturday against K-State being the early game, Mrs. BulldogBear would prefer to get on out of Starkville and away from the crowds to have a post game meal. But of course Mr. BulldogBear wants to stop somewhere with appropriate afternoon game watching equipment setup. We usually come back home to rural Hinds County via Hwy 25 but are willing to make the trek via Hwy 82, which I'm not terribly familiar with as far where to eat. Can anyone suggest good food that would have some TVs?

Dawgbite
09-10-2019, 09:24 AM
I think that there is a truck stop in Winona. Beyond that, I got nothing.

klc90
09-10-2019, 10:25 AM
Traceway in Mathiston, not sure on TV's but they have wifi and you can watch on your phone! Not much on that stretch of 82 as far as restaurants go, especially ones with TV for football. May can find something off the highway in Winona.

Maroonthirteen
09-10-2019, 10:27 AM
82 west of Starkville..... i got nothing. Maybe some gas station in Eupora or McDonalds in Winona.

Your best bet (outside of Starkville) is Head East to Columbus. Or go south to the sports book at Pearl River.

starkvegasdawg
09-10-2019, 05:34 PM
Traceway is a throwback to the old time small restaurants. It looks like a hole in the wall...ok...it is a hole in the wall, but it has some really good food and the prices will have you doing a double take. Let's just say he does not make his money on jacking up the prices. Aside from that heading west there is a Mexican restaurant in Eupora on 9 and Winona has a Pizza Inn but it's not on 82 either. Now, I've never eaten at either of the following places, it I've been told the food is excellent at both. A few miles east of Stewart there is Wade's Place that is a catfish/seafood buffet. It will be on the RH side of the road as you're going west. Another couple miles or so further there is a place that will be on your left. Don't recall the name but believe it has bbq in it. From what I have been told they have excellent steaks. I know I have driven past this place at 4:30 and the parking lot is already packed. Its another hole in the wall type place. If memory serves me an old converted gas station.

BulldogBear
09-10-2019, 05:53 PM
Traceway is a throwback to the old time small restaurants. It looks like a hole in the wall...ok...it is a hole in the wall, but it has some really good food and the prices will have you doing a double take. Let's just say he does not make his money on jacking up the prices. Aside from that heading west there is a Mexican restaurant in Eupora on 9 and Winona has a Pizza Inn but it's not on 82 either. Now, I've never eaten at either of the following places, it I've been told the food is excellent at both. A few miles east of Stewart there is Wade's Place that is a catfish/seafood buffet. It will be on the RH side of the road as you're going west. Another couple miles or so further there is a place that will be on your left. Don't recall the name but believe it has bbq in it. From what I have been told they have excellent steaks. I know I have driven past this place at 4:30 and the parking lot is already packed. Its another hole in the wall type place. If memory serves me an old converted gas station.

Just playing around on google maps using your description as a loose guide.

Would the BBQ place be NAILs?

Percho
09-10-2019, 06:02 PM

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Steakhouse/Nails-One-Stop-236384256416228/

starkvegasdawg
09-10-2019, 06:04 PM

That does sound right. I'll take a look in just a second.

ETA: 99.9% certain that's it. It will be the only thing on the left. If you get to the 4D gas station you went too far.

Rick Danko
09-10-2019, 06:30 PM
I can?t tell you anything about game day TVs or whatnot, and it?s not on 82, but just off 82 in downtown Eupora is a restaurant I ate at some time back that was really really good. Right north of the railroad tracks through town. Kind of reminded me of a diner if I remember correctly.

RC3
09-10-2019, 07:15 PM
Nails is pretty legit in Stewart but there aren?t TVs. Winona only has a few options-There is a Mex place way off of 82 that?s edible. You could take the highway twelve
Option or Natchez Trace and stop in Kosciusko at Jason?s Southern table. It?s a nice set up but out of your way. There is a sports bar right beside it as well. Honestly. I?d just go to veranda

RocketDawg
09-10-2019, 07:20 PM
Is there a sports bar or something equivalent in Louisville?

RC3
09-10-2019, 07:23 PM
I can?t tell you anything about game day TVs or whatnot, and it?s not on 82, but just off 82 in downtown Eupora is a restaurant I ate at some time back that was really really good. Right north of the railroad tracks through town. Kind of reminded me of a diner if I remember correctly.
Pretty sure that spot in downtown Eupora closed that was like a diner. There is a little restaurant bakery type
Place but not for watching games

RC3
09-10-2019, 07:24 PM

Market cafe is good food. But not sure there are tvs

robert
09-10-2019, 07:24 PM
Mexican in Winona about 2 miles south of Hwy 82 Intersection on Hwy 51.

Easy to find, just drive south on 51 to Hwy 407.

Large servings, good food, bar, tv's....very reasonably priced.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g44096-d4916448-Reviews-El_Cabrito-Winona_Mississippi.html

viverlibre
09-10-2019, 08:24 PM
The Tracks in downtown Winona (I don't think they have TVs though) and there is also a Pizza Inn there.

Mobile Bay
09-10-2019, 08:49 PM
Is there a TV at the place in French Camp?

Homedawg
09-10-2019, 08:54 PM

Nothing in Eupora. Larry c's close.

Homedawg
09-10-2019, 08:54 PM

No

dangeroushero
09-10-2019, 09:33 PM
Three Star Restaurant in Mathiston doesn't have a sports bar setup but it has great food. It's right on 82.

RC3
09-10-2019, 09:50 PM
Is there a TV at the place in French Camp?

Don’t think so and I’m also pretty sure they are only open for lunch

Botch
09-11-2019, 06:36 AM
I have not been to Guy’s in Vaiden in years however, the food was good last time there. Googled and it opens Saturday at 4:00 pm. Rating of 4.5/5.0. If no TVs, should be able to watch on your phone.

starkvegasdawg
09-11-2019, 06:48 AM
I have not been to Guy’s in Vaiden in years however, the food was good last time there. Googled and it opens Saturday at 4:00 pm. Rating of 4.5/5.0. If no TVs, should be able to watch on your phone.

One of my favorite places to eat catfish. Love their hush puppies.

drunkernhelldawg
09-11-2019, 02:11 PM
Just take 25 and eat in Louisville

Cowbells
09-11-2019, 06:48 PM
One of my favorite places to eat catfish. Love their hush puppies.

You must not have been to Guy's in the past year. It has changed ownership and is not the same. The last time we went, about a month ago, we vowed never to return.

El Cabrito in Winona is about your only option if you stay on Hwy. 82. It's pretty good Mexican. And they do have tvs.