PDA

View Full Version : Another mistake by the Athletic Department

Pinto
09-09-2019, 02:31 PM
Seriously, heads need to roll. Changes have to be made somewhere and someway. Additionally, what has Hobart done to get named Assistant AD and be put in charge of all marketing. Bad week for MSU athletics keeps on rolling.

https://twitter.com/RhettHobart/status/1171105166721839104

Cary Hudson's little bro
09-09-2019, 02:37 PM
Not sure if serious. The kid has paid his dues.

Did he kick your dog or something?

ETA: can't open twitter at work

msu15
09-09-2019, 02:37 PM
I’m in lower level. I’ll be in white

Cary Hudson's little bro
09-09-2019, 02:38 PM
He and Leah Beasley have been a part of the best marketing team in America (multiple years) so what the **** is your issue?

Lord McBuckethead
09-09-2019, 02:43 PM
How about everyone just wear white. Seems like word could get out by Saturday. It is hot as 17. So wear white.

bluelightstar
09-09-2019, 02:44 PM
Yes, let's fire Rhett for a *checks notes* what to wear misprint on a ticket. You serious?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-09-2019, 02:44 PM
Seriously, heads need to roll. Changes have to be made somewhere and someway. Additionally, what has Hobart done to get named Assistant AD and be put in charge of all marketing. Bad week for MSU athletics keeps on rolling.

https://twitter.com/RhettHobart/status/1171105166721839104

Honestly who gives a 17? Are you honestly depending on them to tell wtf to wear to damn ballgame? How about this. Wear whatever the 17 you want to.

Howboutdemdogs
09-09-2019, 02:53 PM
We have discussed this recently at the house....we are getting tired of being dictated to on what to wear. Yeah you can have a white out game and possibly a black out. But after that, leave the dress code to the fans to wear what ever they want. I’m wearing white because it so freaking hot. It doesn’t matter what you are suppose to wear due to TV, when the stands are half full.

thf24
09-09-2019, 02:56 PM
Shit happens, but they need to go with what's printed on the tickets, not the internet. Much more likely to get word of a change out to those looking primarily at the latter than the former.

Pinto
09-09-2019, 02:56 PM
No where have I said fire Hobart. Just asked what has he done to deserve that position. Does he have any experience outside of MSU? If not, this is the same thing that happened with LT.

vv83
09-09-2019, 03:09 PM
No where have I said fire Hobart. Just asked what has he done to deserve that position. Does he have any experience outside of MSU? If not, this is the same thing that happened with LT.

Kind of with you on this one. Rhett has been great for MSU for a while now but I wish we'd be a little more innovate in hires and stop just systematically hiring from within. Can't remember which poster said it but they mentioned how when talking about S&C coach it's pretty hard to believe that out of all the candidates available the very best one happened to already be on our staff. Rhett's a great guy but surely we could have found another position besides Assistant AD for him. Let's go get the best of the best

DancingRabbit
09-09-2019, 03:28 PM

Except in the OP

Seriously, heads need to roll.

Pinto
09-09-2019, 04:03 PM
Then I asked about his credentials. Did I ever say it was his head that should roll? I don’t know who is responsible for the current crap show of the last few days, but it needs to be corrected. We are a multi-million dollar athletic department, shouldn’t we always operate like one?

Except in the OP

smootness
09-09-2019, 04:15 PM
Kind of with you on this one. Rhett has been great for MSU for a while now but I wish we'd be a little more innovate in hires and stop just systematically hiring from within. Can't remember which poster said it but they mentioned how when talking about S&C coach it's pretty hard to believe that out of all the candidates available the very best one happened to already be on our staff. Rhett's a great guy but surely we could have found another position besides Assistant AD for him. Let's go get the best of the best

He knows Mississippi State, he probably works well with the team, and he has gained experience. Just because that experience also came at Mississippi State doesn't disqualify him. If he left and went somewhere else, would he then be eligible to come back? Or is he more eligible for a job somewhere else simply because that place isn't where he has been?

The 'best of the best' got their experience somewhere. They all started at the bottom. Sometimes hiring from within is lazy; sometimes it's a great move. Sometimes hiring from outside is a great move; sometimes it's lazy.

wild_dawg
09-09-2019, 04:23 PM
Rhett has been fantastic for Mississippi State. Our marketing department is a huge asset.

drunkernhelldawg
09-09-2019, 04:25 PM
I wish all of my problems were this dire.

Pinto
09-09-2019, 04:28 PM
This is leadership done right:

https://twitter.com/brett_hudson/status/1171167633640701959?s=21

ShotgunDawg
09-09-2019, 04:57 PM
Rhett has been fantastic for Mississippi State. Our marketing department is a huge asset.

Not disagreeing, but we need our upper level employees to have experience at other places in order to gain a greater perspective. This just exudes laziness

I'm perfectly fine with them coming back after going somewhere else, but it's not healthy for the athletic department long term to just be promoting from within.

StateDawg44
09-09-2019, 05:02 PM
Shit happens, but they need to go with what's printed on the tickets, not the internet. Much more likely to get word of a change out to those looking primarily at the latter than the former.

Why not just replace what's on the internet with what is on the ticket and hope those who have seen it can't remember and have to check again later or find out from a friend?

vv83
09-09-2019, 06:44 PM
He knows Mississippi State, he probably works well with the team, and he has gained experience. Just because that experience also came at Mississippi State doesn't disqualify him. If he left and went somewhere else, would he then be eligible to come back? Or is he more eligible for a job somewhere else simply because that place isn't where he has been?

The 'best of the best' got their experience somewhere. They all started at the bottom. Sometimes hiring from within is lazy; sometimes it's a great move. Sometimes hiring from outside is a great move; sometimes it's lazy.

Sounds great and makes you feel warm and fuzzy but I disagree. End of the day I highly doubt the best associate AD in the country was here. I’m sure it was the safe move so you can’t fault the decision but just because it’s safe doesn’t mean it was the best

Intramural All-American
09-09-2019, 06:58 PM
Sounds great and makes you feel warm and fuzzy but I disagree. End of the day I highly doubt the best associate AD in the country was here. I’m sure it was the safe move so you can’t fault the decision but just because it’s safe doesn’t mean it was the best

Rhett has been the key piece on the marketing team that won back to back national marketing team of the year, so you clearly don’t know what you are talking about. He’s clearly one of the best in the industry. While yes, it is good to look outside the university for positions, it’s also not lazy to promote from within when warranted.

smootness
09-10-2019, 08:13 AM
Sounds great and makes you feel warm and fuzzy but I disagree. End of the day I highly doubt the best associate AD in the country was here. I?m sure it was the safe move so you can?t fault the decision but just because it?s safe doesn?t mean it was the best

Correct. But just because it's safe doesn't mean it wasn't the best, either.

When you know you have a fantastic asset in-house, it is a huge risk to pass them over for an unknown.

It is impossible to know what the absolute best option is. It just is. You look at all the candidates and go with the one you think is best. Apparently they thought Hobart was the best option. Pretending you know it was a lazy decision is ridiculous.

wild_dawg
09-10-2019, 09:30 AM
Not disagreeing, but we need our upper level employees to have experience at other places in order to gain a greater perspective. This just exudes laziness

I'm perfectly fine with them coming back after going somewhere else, but it's not healthy for the athletic department long term to just be promoting from within.

You're not wrong, but I think you need a mix. You need Mississippi State people along with an outside perspective, which is what we have.

Jack Lambert
09-10-2019, 10:02 AM
How about everyone just wear white. Seems like word could get out by Saturday. It is hot as 17. So wear white.

White is unlucky for me so I will wear gray.

Reunion Dog
09-10-2019, 11:15 AM
He and Leah Beasley have been a part of the best marketing team in America (multiple years) so what the **** is your issue?

bump