PDA

View Full Version : With all of the gnashing of teeth, our defense is going to be good in 2 years

Tbonewannabe
09-09-2019, 08:53 AM
We have a lot of talent getting reps as freshmen and sophomores. Tyler Williams and Emerson are going to be the next two lock down corners to go with an entire Dline thrown into the fire growing up right now. We might scrap by winning 7-8 this year but in 2021, we have a chance to be really good with this group.

Throw in the young guys on offense and the 2021 team is probably the one to push for the SEC especially if Saban retires by then.

cheewgumm
09-09-2019, 09:36 AM
Agree!!

I love Emerson. He looks like a stud.

StateDawg44
09-09-2019, 10:03 AM
We have a lot of talent getting reps as freshmen and sophomores. Tyler Williams and Emerson are going to be the next two lock down corners to go with an entire Dline thrown into the fire growing up right now. We might scrap by winning 7-8 this year but in 2021, we have a chance to be really good with this group.

Throw in the young guys on offense and the 2021 team is probably the one to push for the SEC especially if Saban retires by then.

I wouldn't get my hopes up about Saban being gone in 2021 but hope I'm wrong.

Tbonewannabe
09-09-2019, 10:12 AM
I wouldn't get my hopes up about Saban being gone in 2021 but hope I'm wrong.

The guy has to eventually quit before all of us die. He is 67 years old, has anyone coached into their 70s and been successful? I know Snyder and Holtz coached into their early 70s but they weren't Bama level successful.

Lord McBuckethead
09-09-2019, 10:25 AM
Snyder, Holtz, or the child rapist Sandusky lover couldn't hold Saban's clip board. Saban will die on the football field, still winning. Mark it.

Jack Lambert
09-09-2019, 10:28 AM
The guy has to eventually quit before all of us die. He is 67 years old, has anyone coached into their 70s and been successful? I know Snyder and Holtz coached into their early 70s but they weren't Bama level successful.

Eventually he will be too old. You wear out.

TrapGame
09-09-2019, 10:40 AM
Our only hope is Saban starts getting a little brain fog as he hits his 70's.

Coursesuper
09-09-2019, 10:53 AM
MSU will almost always have as good as the rest of the league first string talent, and we will excel in a few spots.

Where we tend to fall down is depth of talent, the defense last year was very talented and very deep so the results were outstanding, absolutely as good as any unit in the country.

There does seem to be some good young talent on the field that will grow into a very solid base I hope we can continue to build the depth needed to have an outstanding defense, that unit is what wins in our league.