PDA

View Full Version : What's KSU saying.....

CadaverDawg
09-08-2019, 08:50 PM
https://www.k-statefans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7663

CadaverDawg
09-08-2019, 08:58 PM
I don't love our DL vs their run game. I do think we will move the ball on offense though. I could see this being a 38-24 or 38-27 type game. I'm somewhat expecting a similar game to ULL but without getting up quite as big early. They can run it, and this will be a better team than we played last year....when you combine that with us being a much worse defense, I'm just glad we're playing it at home. I fully expect us to win the game, but I'm not expecting us to be up 3 TD's+ at any point

Thoughts?

TrapGame
09-08-2019, 09:04 PM
We will be their first test of the season. They beat two horrible teams that offered virtually no resistance. I think they do have some talent and more especially they are very well coached. But, I agree with you this is probably a 38-24 game.

LC Dawg
09-08-2019, 09:12 PM
I think the heat and 11:00 start will eliminate some of our home field advantage. I talked to quite a few people Saturday that said they are not going. Maybe the heat will affect K State but it will also affect our DL depth.
Assuming Stevens is back like everyone says I think we'll score enough to win. I expect the offense to look even better. They are really clicking with Stevens.

Commercecomet24
09-08-2019, 09:17 PM
Its been in the mid 80s in Kansas this heat here is gonna effect them more than us. Shoop will make them one dimensional and they can't throw the ball. I say 38-17 Dawgs.

BulldogBear
09-08-2019, 09:21 PM
I think the heat and 11:00 start will eliminate some of our home field advantage. I talked to quite a few people Saturday that said they are not going. Maybe the heat will affect K State but it will also affect our DL depth.
Assuming Stevens is back like everyone says I think we'll score enough to win. I expect the offense to look even better. They are really clicking with Stevens.

Same here. I am going. Nothing generally stops me once I've seen the schedule and decided which games I will attend. But I really get why some people are saying No Thank You after this week's experience.

TALL DAWG
09-08-2019, 09:26 PM
Its been in the mid 80s in Kansas this heat here is gonna effect them more than us. Shoop will make them one dimensional and they can't throw the ball. I say 38-17 Dawgs.

And, while Shoop-Dog is making them one dimensional...
Mother Nature will finish them off by taking their legs away
late 3rd Q with her 100+ heat index.
Do they have 100+ heat in the land of Oz? Asking for a friend**

Bothrops
09-08-2019, 09:32 PM
They will be able to create lanes on our d-line and get gobs of yards. They have speed. I haven't seen anything from us yet that says we can slow this down much, especially when you consider not having any kind of personnel advantage upfront with our young interior.

I'm not worried about our offense. We are well balanced.

TrapGame
09-08-2019, 09:43 PM
They will be able to create lanes on our d-line and get gobs of yards. They have speed. I haven't seen anything from us yet that says we can slow this down much, especially when you consider not having any kind of personnel advantage upfront with our young interior.

Jesus man, if K State gashes us like they did Nicholls State and Bowling Green we need to just hang up the cleats and call it a season.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-08-2019, 09:53 PM
K-State has some homers. Check this board out:

https://goemaw.com/forum/index.php?topic=41635.0

According to these guys K-State is a juggernaut that will rip us a new one

MetEdDawg
09-08-2019, 09:56 PM
Jesus man, if K State gashes us like they did Nicholls State and Bowling Green we need to just hang up the cleats and call it a season.

This. I get we aren't last year's defense but good lord. People need to calm the hell down. Kansas State isn't a good football team. Like they are pretty bad. At home, Stevens and Hill heathy, Parker active this week. Defense work in progress but getting better.

We win by 21 or more and you would have a hard time convincing me on a neutral field that Kansas State would beat ULL.

Commercecomet24
09-08-2019, 09:59 PM
This. I get we aren't last year's defense but good lord. People need to calm the hell down. Kansas State isn't a good football team. Like they are pretty bad. At home, Stevens and Hill heathy, Parker active this week. Defense work in progress but getting better.

We win by 21 or more and you would have a hard time convincing me on a neutral field that Kansas State would beat ULL.

I'm riding with ya on this!

dantheman4248
09-08-2019, 09:59 PM

That’s so obviously satire and bait and you fell for it.

Todd4State
09-08-2019, 10:13 PM

That's good because we've not been very good statistically against the pass this year. We're actually much better against the run.

Like we all thought pre-season.**

Bothrops
09-08-2019, 10:14 PM
This. I get we aren't last year's defense but good lord. People need to calm the hell down. Kansas State isn't a good football team. Like they are pretty bad.

How do you know this?

Todd4State
09-08-2019, 10:14 PM

We could see Jackson back on defense too. Pure speculation on my part.

Todd4State
09-08-2019, 10:16 PM
How do you know this?

In his defense- Nicholls is FCS and Bowling Green was picked last pre-season in the MAC. Neither are good teams. Plus this will be K-State's first road game this year.

And Isiah Zuber knows their signals.**

Ari Gold
09-08-2019, 10:18 PM
How do you know this?

How do you know they will gash us and get gobs of yards??

Bothrops
09-08-2019, 10:24 PM
In his defense- Nicholls is FCS and Bowling Green was picked last pre-season in the MAC. Neither are good teams. Plus this will be K-State's first road game this year.

Haha well they outscored their two opponents 101-14, I imagine we would have done about the same.

Bothrops
09-08-2019, 10:26 PM
How do you know they will gash us and get gobs of yards??

Well because I think they should be able to block us better than our first 2 opponents. Just a guess.

TrapGame
09-08-2019, 10:56 PM
Well because I think they should be able to block us better than our first 2 opponents. Just a guess.

It's a bad guess. They had zero resistance from their first two opponents. There ain't one guy playing for Nichols or BG that would be on our three deep. Not one.

K State gets their first real test Saturday.

DancingRabbit
09-08-2019, 11:00 PM

https://media0.giphy.com/media/111DKgdzqQdEas/source.gif

CadaverDawg
09-09-2019, 08:23 AM
The good news is our coaching staff has to see the issues on D and will definitely be working to correct it. I think we're going to see a good bit of run blitzing this weekend, which could lead to some quick underneath throws resulting in 15-20 yard completions....but I think we have got to realize we're willing to bend a little in the passing game if it means stopping the run. I like that strategy, bc at least you're forcing a team to make quick decisions, make throws, and make catches. Our fan base will call it "playing too far off the receivers", but the strategy behind it is to make a team one dimensional while not giving up the homerun ball. It's not my favorite strategy, but it's probably our best option with our weaknesses on the DL, so let's do it.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-09-2019, 08:29 AM
The good news is our coaching staff has to see the issues on D and will definitely be working to correct it. I think we're going to see a good bit of run blitzing this weekend, which could lead to some quick underneath throws resulting in 15-20 yard completions....but I think we have got to realize we're willing to bend a little in the passing game if it means stopping the run. I like that strategy, bc at least you're forcing a team to make quick decisions, make throws, and make catches. Our fan base will call it "playing too far off the receivers", but the strategy behind it is to make a team one dimensional while not giving up the homerun ball. It's not my favorite strategy, but it's probably our best option with our weaknesses on the DL, so let's do it.

With our CB's I think you could see more press coverage when we blitz. Our CB's are pretty physical & their WR's aren't exactly world beaters. I think we test them instead of sitting back.

thf24
09-09-2019, 08:33 AM

Agreed. Sell out to stop the run, let them have what they can get through the air between the 20's. A one-dimensional running team is going to have a lot of trouble throwing for touchdowns in the red zone, and if they start slinging it around more than they're used to they're going to make some mistakes.

FISHDAWG
09-09-2019, 08:33 AM

According to these guys K-State is a juggernaut that will rip us a new one

Thanks for posting ... I needed some humor with my coffee this am

Commercecomet24
09-09-2019, 08:44 AM
With our CB's I think you could see more press coverage when we blitz. Our CB's are pretty physical & their WR's aren't exactly world beaters. I think we test them instead of sitting back.

Agreed.

TrapGame
09-09-2019, 08:47 AM

I watched the BG game and KSU's QB floated a couple that would have been picked off by Dantzler.

Tbonewannabe
09-09-2019, 08:49 AM

You must have hated all of Dan Mullen's defenses. Even the good ones played bend don't break.

CadaverDawg
09-09-2019, 09:00 AM

I love that. As long as our coaches feel confident in that group, I'm on board with press coverage...especially once we have a lead

CadaverDawg
09-09-2019, 09:00 AM
You must have hated all of Dan Mullen's defenses. Even the good ones played bend don't break.

Yep

CadaverDawg
09-09-2019, 09:01 AM
I watched the BG game and KSU's QB floated a couple that would have been picked off by Dantzler.

Good to know. Did they run a lot of misdirection and QB runs like ULL?

FriarsPoint
09-09-2019, 09:02 AM

No

TrapGame
09-09-2019, 09:04 AM

Nope. B/c BG's defense was wet toilet paper they didn't have too. KSU's RB was gashing GB like Jack the Ripper.

Tbonewannabe
09-09-2019, 09:05 AM
Yep

Nothing pissed me off more than having 2 NFL corners playing 10-15 yards off the WR on a 3rd and short.

Cooterpoot
09-09-2019, 09:18 AM
Our DL definitely has issues. So does one LB. Safety play has to improve too (Landrews). But we?ll see a little more than base stuff this week. We?ll attack a little more I think. I expect some scoring from both sides.

CadaverDawg
09-09-2019, 09:36 AM
Nothing pissed me off more than having 2 NFL corners playing 10-15 yards off the WR on a 3rd and short.

Brother, You are preaching to the choir. The lack of press coverage during the Banks/Slay years will haunt me like the 2018 "what could have been" season last year

Coach007
09-09-2019, 09:39 AM

They are 1 dimensional. 74% running offense.

Coach007
09-09-2019, 09:41 AM

YEP!

Coach007
09-09-2019, 09:47 AM

And you think you have seen our best defenses? Or you think we can't man up on their receivers and load the box? I mean they do run it 74% of the time.

Here is how this game will go.

- We will score
- We will make some stops
- and we will score.

They won't be able to keep up via the run

BTW.. I am happy a 74% run team is coming in. I won't the experience for our DL

BulldogDX55
09-09-2019, 10:14 AM
To save you all from eating the onion, I remember that goemaw forum from last year and it is 100% people trolling. They really hope you register and respond.

CadaverDawg
09-09-2019, 10:17 AM
To save you all from eating the onion, I remember that goemaw forum from last year and it is 100% people trolling. They really hope you register and respond.

Yeah, there's one poster in particular that hasn't posted here in a while that I could easily see falling for the bait and making our fan base look like dipshits. I'm sure most of you know the novel writer I'm referring to

Jack Lambert
09-09-2019, 10:20 AM

So you really don't know.

PMDawg
09-09-2019, 11:35 AM
After being an MSU fan for almost 30 years now, this is weird for me to type, but I got really excited when I saw the guy say they play man coverage 90% of the time. Tommy will wear that out.

I expect us to win, but I think it will be fairly close. 2 scores. If there is a blowout, there is a 100% chance we are the ones blowing them out.

However, I find it odd that we have people expecting to win by 3 TDs or more when Vegas set the line at 9. Please don't tell me vegas just sets the line to get 50% of the action on both sides. I know that. But that leads them to setting a line at say 10 instead of 13, not 9 instead of 21.

PeacefulCat
09-09-2019, 01:30 PM
Cat's fan coming in peace. I like to look at other forums to see what the discussion is like leading up to games, especially this week's matchup. Most of our fans have no idea what this week will be like after facing the last couple opponents, but it would be hard to say we aren't optomistic. Our QB lead's the nation in QBR, we have outstanding deapth at RB, 5 seniors on the OL and a coach that knows how to win. What we don't have is great depth at WR and a defense that can be streaky. Our last game against Bowling Green, our backups were in after halftime otherwise I think we put up 70+. We ended up playing 88 players that game.

I'm looking forward to this week's matchup and hope it will be a great, competitive game. I have a feeling it will be close.

And, while Shoop-Dog is making them one dimensional...
Mother Nature will finish them off by taking their legs away
late 3rd Q with her 100+ heat index.
Do they have 100+ heat in the land of Oz? Asking for a friend**

Lol if you actually think we don't have hot weather you are missinformed. Last weekend's game was 91 with 51% humidity. Not much different than the outlook for this game in Starkville. While it has been a mild summer/early fall, we get plenty of 100+ heat index's. Weather won't be an issue.

New coaching staff and completely new offensive scheme. Zuber will have no clue what we are going to throw out there. Wish we still had him though, as he really is a good player.

TrapGame
09-09-2019, 01:39 PM
91 with 51% humidity.

Man, that's a cold snap down here. With our heat index Saturday it will be 105 by 1:30 in the afternoon. That humidity is gonna feel like a hot wool blanket smothering you. I'm a native Mississippian and I hate it!

Homedawg
09-09-2019, 01:44 PM
91 with 51% humidity.

Man, that's a cold snap down here. With our heat index Saturday it will be 105 by 1:30 in the afternoon. That humidity is gonna feel like a hot wool blanket smothering you. I'm a native Mississippian and I hate it!

you realize 91 and 51 is about 100 heat index right?????

Commercecomet24
09-09-2019, 01:44 PM
91 with 51% humidity.

LOL right on. When I take my quarterly business trips to east tennessee, they always talk about how hot it is in July and I'm not even sweating because they humidity ain't no where close to the same as here. Now I'm sure those places occasionally get our kind of heat but here it's 24/7.

TrapGame
09-09-2019, 01:51 PM
you realize 91 and 51 is about 100 heat index right?????

Then it's gonna be hotter than 105 Saturday. Right now the forecast says 95 with 50% humidity.

PeacefulCat
09-09-2019, 02:06 PM
Then it's gonna be hotter than 105 Saturday. Right now the forecast says 95 with 50% humidity.

I understand you are saying it is going to be hot, but we have heat and humidity in Kansas lol. Whether it is 100-degree heat index or 105, that difference is going to be very nominal. Heat will not be an advantage to either side in this game by any means.

TrapGame
09-09-2019, 02:13 PM
I understand you are saying it is going to be hot, but we have heat and humidity in Kansas lol. Whether it is 100-degree heat index or 105, that difference is going to be very nominal. Heat will not be an advantage to either side in this game by any means.

We shall see Cat. But I find it hard to believe the heat in Manhattan, KS is the same as the heat in Starkville, MS.

But, hey, here's to a good game. BTW, I think you guys won the coach lottery last year.

TNDawg35
09-09-2019, 02:19 PM

Homie, you have no clue about the heat. There is a huge diff in heat from memphis where I live, to Starkville where I went to school. There is no way y’all have MS heat in KS. Hell yall don’t even have TN heat in KS.

PeacefulCat
09-09-2019, 02:26 PM
We shall see Cat. But I find it hard to believe the heat in Manhattan, KS is the same as the heat in Starkville, MS.

But, hey, here's to a good game. BTW, I think you guys won the coach lottery last year.

The way I see it, the team is there for one day. Not like they are in the heat constantly for a week. We have these hot days throughout camp and early games in Kansas (even though it is consistently that bad every day like it is down there). I truly feel for you guys that have to deal with it every day.

Many of our fans were a little iffy on the hire, but have really come around to him. Honestly, it's just nice to see the social media insight and how excited the team is to actually be playing, unlike the last 5 years+. Wish I could head that way this weekend. Word is we have 20k+ traveling.

KOdawg1

Your heat and humidity has nothing on what we have. Not saying Kansas isnt hot. Mississippi is so bad, you cant breathe.

That said, I dont think the heat will impact the outcome of the game

Coach007
Cat's fan coming in peace. I like to look at other forums to see what the discussion is like leading up to games, especially this week's matchup. Most of our fans have no idea what this week will be like after facing the last couple opponents, but it would be hard to say we aren't optomistic. Our QB lead's the nation in QBR, we have outstanding deapth at RB, 5 seniors on the OL and a coach that knows how to win. What we don't have is great depth at WR and a defense that can be streaky. Our last game against Bowling Green, our backups were in after halftime otherwise I think we put up 70+. We ended up playing 88 players that game.

I'm looking forward to this week's matchup and hope it will be a great, competitive game. I have a feeling it will be close.

Lol if you actually think we don't have hot weather you are missinformed. Last weekend's game was 91 with 51% humidity. Not much different than the outlook for this game in Starkville. While it has been a mild summer/early fall, we get plenty of 100+ heat index's. Weather won't be an issue.

New coaching staff and completely new offensive scheme. Zuber will have no clue what we are going to throw out there. Wish we still had him though, as he really is a good player.

Every fan should be excited about their team. Glad you are.

My take on the game is that we will man up on your receivers and load up. Currently, I have nothing to go by with your defense except from last year because you have not played a higher powered offense. Our OL is improved and has more depth from last year, Hill is now more mature and we have a QB that's ranked #3 in the SEC and #19 in the nation. I see you allowed 61 in rushing to BG. And I see that they had some stops against you. I feel like we will jump out to an early lead and then run clock. I see you allowed 61 in rushing to BG. And I see that they had some stops against you. I don't think the lines are going to be right. At all.

HOWEVER.... that is why we play the game right?

BTW... I do like your coaching hire

dantheman4248
09-09-2019, 02:28 PM
Just a heads up for some nomenclature here. If a sentence has “**” at the end then it’s sarcastic.

And Mississippi Heat is hard to explain in numbers. The humidity doesn’t quite cover it. It’s muggy and suffocating. I was in Nebraska for the CWS and while the temps were in the 90s there it felt like 60s to 70s. (I know Nebraska and Kansas are different, but it just wasn’t “hot”). The heat won’t be such a pronounced difference as some claim but believe me it will be a factor especially in the 4th when it’s getting to the hottest part of the day.

TrapGame
09-09-2019, 02:30 PM
Just a heads up for some nomenclature here. If a sentence has “**” at the end then it’s sarcastic.

And Mississippi Heat is hard to explain in numbers. The humidity doesn’t quite cover it. It’s muggy and suffocating. I was in Nebraska for the CWS and while the temps were in the 90s there it felt like 60s to 70s. (I know Nebraska and Kansas are different, but it just wasn’t “hot”). The heat won’t be such a pronounced difference as some claim but believe me it will be a factor especially in the 4th when it’s getting to the hottest part of the day.

It may also be a dew point difference too but I'm not a meteorologist. I'll leave that to the pros on the board.

PeacefulCat
09-09-2019, 02:32 PM
Every fan should be excited about their team. Glad you are.

My take on the game is that we will man up on your receivers and load up. Currently, I have nothing to go by with your defense except from last year because you have not played a higher powered offense. Our OL is improved and has more depth from last year, Hill is now more mature and we have a QB that's ranked #3 in the SEC and #19 in the nation. I see you allowed 61 in rushing to BG. And I see that they had some stops against you. I feel like we will jump out to an early lead and then run clock. I see you allowed 61 in rushing to BG. And I see that they had some stops against you. I don't think the lines are going to be right. At all.

HOWEVER.... that is why we play the game right?

BTW... I do like your coaching hire

Speaking of holding the ball, I do think it will be a lower scoring contest. We are averaging over 42 minutes of possession for the first two games. I'd imagine both teams are going to be that way, but the deciding factor could be a couple of big plays either way, who knows? Really looking forward to it.

PeacefulCat
09-09-2019, 02:39 PM

Ahh, gotcha. Appreciate you pointing that out.

I have been to the south (not necessarily Miss) and understand the blanket feeling you get from the heat. Just can't imagine it being huge considering both teams have to play in it. The worst part is for the fans, especially the debacle you guys had at the stadium last week!

Tbonewannabe
09-09-2019, 02:42 PM
Speaking of holding the ball, I do think it will be a lower scoring contest. We are averaging over 42 minutes of possession for the first two games. I'd imagine both teams are going to be that way, but the deciding factor could be a couple of big plays either way, who knows? Really looking forward to it.

It is definitely going to be a good tune up game for both teams before conference play starts. I think we have played tougher teams so we might have a better gauge on our team than you do. With Tommy Stevens at QB, I think we are balanced enough to give you fits along with a good Oline. On the flip side, you are going to cause us to load up to stop the run. Our Dline is very young but our secondary is pretty good with Dantzler being a probably 1-2 round corner along with Cole at safety a possible early round guy as well. I don't know enough about KSU's QB and WR/TE to know if they will be able to make something happen or you might not have to if you can consistently move the chains on our young Dline. I think it might be a game that we win 28-17 or something like that.

PS - The heat in Louisiana, MS, Alabama, and Georgia is a lot different than anywhere else in the US. I moved from Starkville, MS to outside Los Angeles, CA. 90 degrees with 80% humidity compared to 95 degrees in LA made it feel like 75 degrees.

paco
09-09-2019, 02:42 PM

Peaceful Cat is correct about the weather. I live in Kansas City and when it is 'hot' during summer months, there is not a lot of difference between KS and MS - not enough to gain an advantage.

KSU made a very good hire! I fully expect Bulldogs to prevail but we better not beat ourselves with turnovers and penalties (hasn't been a problem so far). Something like 34-23.

Coach007
09-09-2019, 02:52 PM

No.. 100% disagree. We are not last years offense. We can throw with extreme efficiency DEEP. We HAD to run last year because Fitz was not the passer needed for this offense. He completed 40%.

This QB is completing 73% and is a master at his position. We will Air it out and be a 60/40 balanced offense. We have 9 guys catching the ball and getting open and STILL have Hill who is the #2 back in the nation right now. Would be #1 but he did not play in the last quarter. I think he is 6 yards off of being number 1.

We won't leave that game with under 35 points.

- You gave up 150 yards rushing to Nicholls and 61 to BGU. If you think we are anything like these to teams running, you should go back and watch Hill run for his career high against you.

- We will be able to man your Receivers and we will load up to stop the run. You can not do the same to us.

Coach007
09-09-2019, 02:55 PM
Peaceful Cat is correct about the weather. I live in Kansas City and when it is 'hot' during summer months, there is not a lot of difference between KS and MS - not enough to gain an advantage.

KSU made a very good hire! I fully expect Bulldogs to prevail but we better not beat ourselves with turnovers and penalties (hasn't been a problem so far). Something like 34-23.

Speaking of turn overs, K-St is at a disadvantage there too. I just don't see this game as close.

Tbonewannabe
09-09-2019, 02:59 PM
Speaking of turn overs, K-St is at a disadvantage there too. I just don't see this game as close.

I think unless we somehow get several defensive turnovers that KSU will shorten the game rushing and will lower the overall score.

RocketDawg
09-09-2019, 03:04 PM
The way I see it, the team is there for one day. Not like they are in the heat constantly for a week. We have these hot days throughout camp and early games in Kansas (even though it is consistently that bad every day like it is down there). I truly feel for you guys that have to deal with it every day.

Many of our fans were a little iffy on the hire, but have really come around to him. Honestly, it's just nice to see the social media insight and how excited the team is to actually be playing, unlike the last 5 years+. Wish I could head that way this weekend. Word is we have 20k+ traveling.

I agree. The heat won't be that big of an advantage for either team. 95 in mid-September is hot for Mississippi too.

Coach007
09-09-2019, 03:07 PM
I think unless we somehow get several defensive turnovers that KSU will shorten the game rushing and will lower the overall score.

If they are good enough to do that...Props. I don't see them gashing us for an entire game. I don't see them stopping us. They gave up 150 yards rushing to Nicholls...... Brother..

Nicholls vs Ms St OL.... Not comparable.

Nicholls vs Ms ST's Hill... not even..

And If BG can stop them... Ms ST can way more often

PeacefulCat
09-09-2019, 03:09 PM
No.. 100% disagree. We are not last years offense. We can throw with extreme efficiency DEEP. We HAD to run last year because Fitz was not the passer needed for this offense. He completed 40%.

This QB is completing 73% and is a master at his position. We will Air it out and be a 60/40 balanced offense. We have 9 guys catching the ball and getting open and STILL have Hill who is the #2 back in the nation right now. Would be #1 but he did not play in the last quarter. I think he is 6 yards off of being number 1.

- You gave up 150 yards rushing to Nicholls and 61 to BGU. If you think we are anything like these to teams running, you should go back and watch Hill run for his career high against you.

- We will be able to man your Receivers and we will load up to stop the run. You can not do the same to us.

I feel you, but right now Stevens may be out and if not, he won't be 100%. Hill is a great running back no doubt, but it is also hard to compare last year's game to this year as we have a completely different defensive scheme in place and loaded with experience. Also, don't act like your defense is great lol you are giving up 387 yards/game averaging almost 250 yards in the air. While we have been running it the first two games, we can also air it out when needed. I believe we have been running because we can, not because we have to.

Tbonewannabe
09-09-2019, 03:09 PM
If they are good enough to do that...Props. I don't see them gashing us for an entire game. I don't see them stopping us. They gave up 150 yards rushing to Nicholls...... Brother..

I don't think their D will really stop us but I think their Offense will be able to move the ball. I am thinking around 28-17 or maybe 35-20 type of score with their ball control offense burning clock.

PeacefulCat
09-09-2019, 03:29 PM

You realize our 2nd and 3rd stringers were in for a quarter and a half against Nicholls both offense and defense and 2 full quarters against BG, right? Most of the rushing yards were given up in the second half to Nicholls and our second stringers are still working out some kinks on offense and had a few punts in the second half against BG.

R2Dawg
09-09-2019, 04:14 PM
You realize our 2nd and 3rd stringers were in for a quarter and a half against Nicholls both offense and defense and 2 full quarters against BG, right? Most of the rushing yards were given up in the second half to Nicholls and our second stringers are still working out some kinks on offense and had a few punts in the second half against BG.

Good point. MSU also had lots of subs playing late our two games as well. Many due to suspensions and injuries. Some will be back for KSU and some will not. We are certainly not full strength right now; hopefully we get some guys back this week and injuries are not too bad.

KSU must be better even against weak teams putting up big points. We have been tested by decent teams and we are also at home. We should win by 10-14 but never know. We actually had our 5th string QB take snaps against USM out of necessity.

PeacefulCat
09-09-2019, 04:28 PM
Good point. MSU also had lots of subs playing late our two games as well. Many due to suspensions and injuries. Some will be back for KSU and some will not. We are certainly not full strength right now; hopefully we get some guys back this week and injuries are not too bad.

KSU must be better even against weak teams putting up big points. We have been tested by decent teams and we are also at home. We should win by 10-14 but never know. We actually had our 5th string QB take snaps against USM out of necessity.

That's the thing. There are just so many bullet points that are up in the air right now on each team. We haven't been tested so it is hard to say what kind of team we really are. At this point I'm hoping the Cats come out competitive and end the game within 7-10 (I don't think we win fwiw).

HancockCountyDog
09-09-2019, 04:37 PM
We opened as a 9 point favorite, its been bet down to -7.

Should be a competitive game. I think people are underestimating how good our offense is. Assuming Stevens is healthy, I think we have a chance to have a really good offense this year.

I still see bigger issues with our defense that good teams will expose. ULL and to some extent USM got cute at times and didn't try and consistently run the ball against us. KSU might do that. KSU's RB's went for 174 on 31 carries. That's a problem. USM went for approximately 120 yards on 20 carries between their RBs and WR's who ran sweeps. Its a concern.

I haven't been impressed by the teams we have played playcalling. They have tested Cam, which is foolish and they don't take advantage of our weakness in the front seven by consistently trying to get cute with wr screens and the passing game. I'm worried KSU may try and attack us consistently on the ground.

Should be a good game, I think our offense carries us and we win 38-27 with a late score to put it away.

99jc
09-09-2019, 04:42 PM
That's the thing. There are just so many bullet points that are up in the air right now on each team. We haven't been tested so it is hard to say what kind of team we really are. At this point I'm hoping the Cats come out competitive and end the game within 7-10 (I don't think we win fwiw).

Were going to kick your ass just like last season. Don't make me go back to your board this year.

Turfdawg67
09-09-2019, 05:01 PM
Yeah, there's one poster in particular that hasn't posted here in a while that I could easily see falling for the bait and making our fan base look like dipshits. I'm sure most of you know the novel writer I'm referring to

MS7?? Oh, sorry, I misread that. I thought I read "posts 35-40 per day". Never mind. Although he does fit the other criteria...

dantheman4248
09-09-2019, 05:07 PM
For the KState posters: expect a dynamic OU style offensive attack. We compare a lot to them last year with both sides of the ball so far. Defense is more talented and disciplined than there’s was though. Coaching will prevent the bottoming out they did. I see a 45-17 victory for MSU. Don’t see KSU’s offense as being able to compete in shootouts yet. Your coach will take you there though. Great hire.

dawgday166
09-09-2019, 05:09 PM

Boy 007 you talking some good smack on heah! I think Tommy may turn out pretty good but really would like to know what criteria are you using to claim he's a "master at his position" just yet?

ATTILLA THE DOG
09-09-2019, 06:18 PM

Our longest pass play is 31 yards.

Turfdawg67
09-09-2019, 08:12 PM
Our longest pass play is 31 yards.

You are a tool. Sorry we didn't run those long (some TDs) passes from our own 20 yd line. If you can't see that our vertical passing game is VASTLY improved, you are either a: Fitz apologist, JoMo hater or a goofball. Probably all three.

CatBacker90
09-14-2019, 05:50 PM
I'm a douche