PDA

View Full Version : Cohen releases brief statement on the concessions situation yesterday

mstatefan91
09-08-2019, 05:23 PM

Quaoarsking
09-08-2019, 05:30 PM
He should offer a full refund on the face value of the ticket to any fan who attended yesterday and wants it.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-08-2019, 05:32 PM
Aramark's fault, but MSU's responsibility. Glad to see we are addressing it.

Pinto
09-08-2019, 05:37 PM
“Deep disappointment” sorry but I’d feel better with “total disappointment” or “level of expectations going forward”

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2019, 05:39 PM
The real question is: did Aramark just get the full Intense Bastard experience?

Gutter Cobreh
09-08-2019, 05:40 PM
Aramark's fault, but MSU's responsibility. Glad to see we are addressing it.

Not a fan of his tweet. He needs to own it. Don't blame the contractor when you're the one responsible for managing that contract...

HoopsDawg
09-08-2019, 05:41 PM
“Deep disappointment” sorry but I’d feel better with “total disappointment” or “level of expectations going forward”

SMH.

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2019, 05:43 PM
Not a fan of his tweet. He needs to own it. Don't blame the contractor when you're the one responsible for managing that contract...

Good lord.

Just appreciate that our AD communicated.

They usually don't communicate because idiots complain about the delivery

vv83
09-08-2019, 05:43 PM

I mean... what do you want the guy to do? If his tweet is true and he was assured it was g2g you can’t do much else

TNDawg35
09-08-2019, 05:44 PM
Some people just bitch to be bitching.... kinda like my wife...

defiantdog
09-08-2019, 05:44 PM
Bad PR move..... Never make excuses. Own up to it, describe your plan to fix the situation, and move forward.

EngDawg
09-08-2019, 05:45 PM
It wasn’t just Aramark though. Whoever is the contractor for event services was woefully unprepared as well.

KOdawg1
09-08-2019, 06:39 PM
We have some of the dumbest fans in America

Gutter Cobreh
09-08-2019, 06:44 PM
Good lord.

Just appreciate that our AD communicated.

They usually don't communicate because idiots complain about the delivery

Do what? Did you not see the multiple threads already on here yesterday complaining? Do you not think it was happening on social media? Have you read the responses to his tweet? Have you seen the photos of people waiting to get in? And we should be grateful he's communicating??? Get a grip Shotgun

I mean... what do you want the guy to do? If his tweet is true and he was assured it was g2g you can’t do much else

Maybe not him, but someone in the Athletic Dept. is responsible for overseeing this.

Bad PR move..... Never make excuses. Own up to it, describe your plan to fix the situation, and move forward.

Exactly.

It wasn’t just Aramark though. Whoever is the contractor for event services was woefully unprepared as well.

Shotgun says we don't need to question the AD though; please just sit back and be glad he is communicating through social media.

Lance Harbor
09-08-2019, 06:45 PM
Aramark sucks out loud. They get sweetheart contracts with Universities and monopolize the whole thing while providing shit service and products. I know they have then contract at Clemson and are terrible there as well.

Bass Chaser
09-08-2019, 06:54 PM
I'm curious if Aramark is the preferred contractor for the SEC?

Coach007
09-08-2019, 06:58 PM
Some people just bitch to be bitching.... kinda like my wife...

LOL!!! Man erase that before she sees that

TNDawg35
09-08-2019, 07:00 PM
LOL!!! Man erase that before she sees that

Hell what’s it matter... I have gotten to enjoy my alone time on the couch with my dog... haha

Lord McBuckethead
09-08-2019, 07:02 PM

You have to be shitting me, right? Our AD hires a company, Aramark. Who specializes in this exact thing. Aramark assured the administration all concessions were ready to roll. Contractor 17ed up. This is not on our AD. Per his statement. I believe him. Aramark sucks.

deadheaddawg
09-08-2019, 07:03 PM
Man.

Y'all folks sure love hotdogs and nachos

Homedawg
09-08-2019, 07:29 PM

What the heck he owned it. And explained. They pay us the money.

No BS Dawg
09-08-2019, 07:56 PM
He should have included a selfie with him holding a championship wrastlin' belt. The message would have been loud and clear to all.****

RocketDawg
09-08-2019, 08:04 PM
"Aramark guaranteed will not happen again". Gotta wonder what their guarantee is worth. And can they fix it in a week? I guess we'll see.

Gutter Cobreh
09-08-2019, 08:12 PM
You have to be shitting me, right? Our AD hires a company, Aramark. Who specializes in this exact thing. Aramark assured the administration all concessions were ready to roll. Contractor 17ed up. This is not on our AD. Per his statement. I believe him. Aramark sucks.

I never said he was supposed to be the man running the registers. A statement that says he is aware of the concession issues and that they will be remedied by next game is sufficient. He doesn't need to include that the "family deserves better" as if his department has no responsibility. As you've seen in this thread, there were other logistical failures. I didn't see a tweet calling the security contractors out for the long lines entering the game. I may have missed that though.

What the heck he owned it. And explained. They pay us the money.

I'm sure this contract is a revenue split. Less open windows lead to less revenue. I'd highly doubt its a simple management contract, but if so - god help us.

msbulldog
09-08-2019, 08:23 PM
The real question is: did Aramark just get the full Intense Bastard experience?

I have seen some umps that did not enjoy that experience, Polkies either, I think IB must have learned from the Old Master!
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ShotgunDawg again.

StateDawg44
09-08-2019, 08:29 PM
?Deep disappointment? sorry but I?d feel better with ?total disappointment? or ?level of expectations going forward?

Lulz. That wouldn?t do shit for you or anyone else if he had worded it that way. And if it did then you are just ?offended? to be ?offended? to show faux outrage.

Homedawg
09-08-2019, 08:39 PM
"Aramark guaranteed will not happen again". Gotta wonder what their guarantee is worth. And can they fix it in a week? I guess we'll see.

Well, next time they don't have to win the bid. So step up or step out i'd say.

Homedawg
09-08-2019, 08:40 PM
I have seen some umps that did not enjoy that experience, Polkies either, I think IB must have learned from the Old Master!
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ShotgunDawg again.

Coach polk's were for show mostly and to make a point. IB was being real can cussing like a sailor. RP didn't cuss. So big difference

Pinto
09-08-2019, 08:52 PM
Not offended in the least. If you are going to put something out publicly and seriously mean change then you have to word it that way. Ninja and Loafers had their faults but they communicated and marketed the university and program so much better.

Additionally, when my dad would tell me he was deeply disappointed I was like ok, but when he would say that better not happen again - I knew he meant business and it wouldn’t. Semantics but it makes a difference.

Lastly, why did the contract not have minimum levels of service in it. Seems like you would include language with any outsourcing that they must at least meet x,y, and z every week or penalties will incur.

Lulz. That wouldn?t do shit for you or anyone else if he had worded it that way. And if it did then you are just ?offended? to be ?offended? to show faux outrage.

ScottH
09-08-2019, 09:12 PM

Correct.
Own it in public if you hired them.
Rip them a new ass in private.
Don't pass the buck. Not what a real leader does.

TALL DAWG
09-08-2019, 09:14 PM
He should offer a full refund on the face value of the ticket to any fan who attended yesterday and wants it.

Ok...so IB is pissed at lack of concession stand service.
So...who should he be pissed at for the...WAY ?to few? metal detectors
at each entrance station??!!

I got through concession line in 10-12 minutes right before 2nd Q ended.
Could have been better but could have been way worse.

Took me north of 60 minutes to get through the damn gate! I got in line at 1:30.
Total FAIL...and totally correctable by IB.

ZedFedder
09-08-2019, 10:12 PM
I think OM uses a group called Centerplate.

I'm curious if Aramark is the preferred contractor for the SEC?