PDA

View Full Version : Wonder when they announce UK game time? We need to be making sure it is a night game

R2Dawg
09-08-2019, 04:14 PM
3 weeks in row in heat is unacceptable for any fanbase and team. Night game in DWS is due.

Mjoelner34
09-08-2019, 04:16 PM
Tomorrow. I think sometime between 11am and 2pm.

Liverpooldawg
09-08-2019, 04:16 PM
We have little to no saw in game time.

TrapGame
09-08-2019, 04:17 PM
I'd be willing to bet we get a night game. 6:30 on SECN is my guess.

BulldogBear
09-08-2019, 04:17 PM
I hope after two blistering day games in a row in September that our folks that are involved in these decisions give a hard "no" to the SEC if we don't get a break for the Kentucky game. There will have to be a few outdoor day games in September every week/season. So, because there is no way around it the conference should make sure the load gets shared pretty equally.

SailingDawg
09-08-2019, 04:18 PM
These daytime games in the south are horrible for everyone. I noticed Ohio State and Michigan both played at 11 a.m. What's the weather up there like right now?

There should be some sort of guideline for these early season games with high temps expected. No kickoff before 5 p.m. or something.

R2Dawg
09-08-2019, 04:27 PM
These daytime games in the south are horrible for everyone. I noticed Ohio State and Michigan both played at 11 a.m. What's the weather up there like right now?

There should be some sort of guideline for these early season games with high temps expected. No kickoff before 5 p.m. or something.

With all the talk about player safety and kids that died in hot weather you would think they would schedule teams with hot weather evening games. Not to mention the fans. People were passing out everywhere yesterday. It has made my family not want to go to another game. They will not go to another one like yesterday.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-08-2019, 04:29 PM
We have little to no saw in game time.

Can we change blades?

starkvegasdawg
09-08-2019, 04:35 PM
We need LSU's negotiators.

msstate7
09-08-2019, 04:36 PM
We need LSU's negotiators.

Or their ratings

Mjoelner34
09-08-2019, 04:41 PM
With all the talk about player safety and kids that died in hot weather you would think they would schedule teams with hot weather evening games. Not to mention the fans. People were passing out everywhere yesterday. It has made my family not want to go to another game. They will not go to another one like yesterday.

The NCAA cares about player safety so much that they actually limit the number of two-a-days correct? But, when tv $$$ are waived in front of their face, we see where player safety really is on their totum pole.

Captain Falcon
09-08-2019, 04:53 PM
It?s a CBS doubleheader week so I?m not sure what that means for other TV windows. Feel pretty confident that the two CBS games will be Georgia-Notre Dame and Auburn-A&M. Florida vs. Tennessee is a worse matchup than ours but probably draws more eyeballs than State vs. Kentucky. My guess is one of us gets the 6:30 SECN game and the other gets an 11 a.m. ESPN game. If I?m not mistaken, the 11 a.m. ESPN slot is higher in the pecking order than the 6:30 SECN slot. I still remember how surprised we all were when the 2014 A&M game between two Top 15 teams was put at 11 a.m. while Kentucky-South Carolina was at night.

My gut says ESPN will want UF-UT on their flagship network so that gets the early slot, and we get a night time kickoff. But I?ve been wrong before.

msu15
09-08-2019, 04:55 PM
Also on the tickets it says “wear black”. Only way I’m doing that is if it’s a night game.

RocketDawg
09-08-2019, 05:06 PM
I'd be willing to bet we get a night game. 6:30 on SECN is my guess.

Somebody's got to play during the mornings and afternoons, and we seem to get the short straw more than our share.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-08-2019, 05:08 PM
Sorry guys, no night game. It will be on ESPN at 11am.

RocketDawg
09-08-2019, 05:10 PM
I hope after two blistering day games in a row in September that our folks that are involved in these decisions give a hard "no" to the SEC if we don't get a break for the Kentucky game. There will have to be a few outdoor day games in September every week/season. So, because there is no way around it the conference should make sure the load gets shared pretty equally.

Alabama played New Mexico at the same time we played Saturday. The high in Tuscaloosa was 97.

RocketDawg
09-08-2019, 05:14 PM

Was it hotter yesterday than it was in Memphis in 2000 (or maybe it was 2001)? That game was absolutely miserable, and if I recall correctly, the water they sold to us for $5 each was frozen. It was undrinkable. And the AC was turned off in the visitor dressing room. Memphis is one of the higher humidity places in the Southeast, so the heat index must have been close to 120 (I think the actual temp was 103).

BulldogBear
09-08-2019, 06:18 PM
Alabama played New Mexico at the same time we played Saturday. The high in Tuscaloosa was 97.

Yes, but will they play anything close to 3 day games? Doubtful. I'm saying there's no way any league member should be subjected to more than 2 September "outside" day games. And with that philosophy in mind we would be done so please no more, even if it is "just" MSU and UK.

Mjoelner34
09-08-2019, 06:22 PM

And they are as pissed as we are and were giving the Ninja hell on twitter about it.

biggun
09-08-2019, 06:32 PM

70 degrees at kickoff for Michigan game. TV has ruined kickoff times and will continue to do so

Coursesuper
09-08-2019, 06:36 PM
Sorry guys, no night game. It will be on ESPN at 11am.

I sincerely hope that this is tongue in cheek.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-08-2019, 06:42 PM
I sincerely hope that this is tongue in cheek.

No tongue in cheek. It is showed on Hailstate.com and ESPN.com as a 11am game on the flagship ESPN TV channel. It could be subject to change, but I doubt it.

msstate7
09-08-2019, 06:43 PM
No tongue in cheek. It is showed on Hailstate.com and ESPN.com as a 11am game on the flagship ESPN TV channel. It could be subject to change, but I doubt it.

Hey, that's advantage state. It will be our 3rd week in a row to play in the heat (assuming it's still hot)

Mjoelner34
09-08-2019, 06:45 PM

That's the KState game. It's been announced as 11am for months. The OP was asking about the UK game. That won't be announced until tomorrow.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-08-2019, 07:00 PM
You're right, my bad. It is KState.