PDA

View Full Version : Game Day Experience 2019

dantheman4248
09-08-2019, 01:03 PM
The university gets a D- from me.

There were long lines to get into the stadium well into the 1st quarter. I know some people went into line at 2:00 pm and didn?t get to see kickoff. Unacceptable IMO. Someone at the athletic department needs to understand that the 4 corners of the stadium needs about 15 of those metal detectors a piece if that?s how this is gonna run. The side entrances went smoothly when I went in but that?s more due to a lack of people knowing which line to hit to get in quickly. Pathetic seeing the same amount of metal detectors as last season after promising improvements and selling people on that.

A majority of us have grown up in Mississippi. We know how hot it is. The Athletic department knows how hot it is. We know people need water. It?s absolutely ridiculously pathetic that the student section has 2 water fountains placed together and 0 ?water bottle only? vendors. These both seem like common sense things to upgrade but MSU refuses. I?m sure it?s a similar experience all around the stadium.

The actual vendors themselves whew. Debit/Credit Card Machines down? Are you kidding me? Not announcing that to these people waiting in line for water? Thank god I carry cash because I expect this stupidity. Not everyone else does though and that expectation nowadays is unacceptable. 1 free water fountain line and no other access to water (drinking from bathroom sinks should not be a necessity to survive your gameday experience). People literally passing out from dehydration and waiting in that line only to be turned away due to your own inability to take their payment. Wow. Just ****ing wow.

Overall a terrible experience only gets a D- because hey the speakers sound nice finally **

Get your shit together. This is why more and more people prefer to stay home instead of go to the game. You need a packed house for MSU. When rocking we have the best home field advantage in the nation IMO. Look no further than Washington last night to see what an empty stadium can do to a team?s psyche. Fix this MSU.

confucius say
09-08-2019, 01:09 PM
It was the worst I?ve experienced in 25 years of going to games.

Concession lines were a joke.

The gate in front of Barnes and Noble is now media and concession vendors only, which is stupid! There was no line at it the entire time I was waiting in the line next to it.

TVs in the 200 level west side were not on.

TALL DAWG
09-08-2019, 01:14 PM

There were long lines to get into the stadium well into the 1st quarter. I know some people went into line at 2:00 pm and didn?t get to see kickoff. Unacceptable IMO. Someone at the athletic department needs to understand that the 4 corners of the stadium needs about 15 of those metal detectors a piece if that?s how this is gonna run. The side entrances went smoothly when I went in but that?s more due to a lack of people knowing which line to hit to get in quickly. Pathetic seeing the same amount of metal detectors as last season after promising improvements and selling people on that.

A majority of us have grown up in Mississippi. We know how hot it is. The Athletic department knows how hot it is. We know people need water. It?s absolutely ridiculously pathetic that the student section has 2 water fountains placed together and 0 ?water bottle only? vendors. These both seem like common sense things to upgrade but MSU refuses. I?m sure it?s a similar experience all around the stadium.

The actual vendors themselves whew. Debit/Credit Card Machines down? Are you kidding me? Not announcing that to these people waiting in line for water? Thank god I carry cash because I expect this stupidity. Not everyone else does though and that expectation nowadays is unacceptable. 1 free water fountain line and no other access to water (drinking from bathroom sinks should not be a necessity to survive your gameday experience). People literally passing out from dehydration and waiting in that line only to be turned away due to your own inability to take their payment. Wow. Just ****ing wow.

Overall a terrible experience only gets a D- because hey the speakers sound nice finally **

Get your shit together. This is why more and more people prefer to stay home instead of go to the game. You need a packed house for MSU. When rocking we have the best home field advantage in the nation IMO. Look no further than Washington last night to see what an empty stadium can do to a team?s psyche. Fix this MSU.

Give this man 250,000 of my V-cash as...he is 250,000 times correct about needing more metal detectors.
Not fan friendly at all.

Folks in our AD office need to use just 1 percent extra of their brain cells
to figure this out. Good grief....!!

dantheman4248
09-08-2019, 01:15 PM

The gate in front of Barnes and Noble is now media and concession vendors only, which is stupid! There was no line at it the entire time I was waiting in the line next to it.

Completely forgot this. YOU HAD ON THE FREAKING BAMA GAME THE WHOLE TIME I WAITED IN LINE AND THE RADIO NOWHERE NEAR LOUD ENOUGH TO HEAR THE ACTION FROM OUR GAME. WHAT THE ABSOLUTE ****??????? That one specifically deserves someone to be fired. That’s a horrible horrible horrible joke.

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2019, 01:16 PM
The stadium itself & the operations are really a half assed operation all together. Not enough pride is put into it

confucius say
09-08-2019, 01:26 PM
The thing is, we have the potential for it to be a great environment, like LSU 2017. LSU writers still talk about that environment.

That?s why what happened yesterday is totally unacceptable. What dumbass thought it was a good idea to take away one gate from fan entry entirely and limit it to 300 people in media and concession vendors, all of whom are in the stadium at least one hour before kickoff. I mean damn. STUPID!!!

HereComesTheSpiral
09-08-2019, 01:38 PM
They have 9 freaking months to prepare from the last game and this is the shit show they rolled out.

MafiaDawg
09-08-2019, 01:42 PM
I agree with everything that has been said. Has anyone sent an email to the athletic dept?

Madisonmd
09-08-2019, 01:45 PM
I agree with everything that has been said. Has anyone sent an email to the athletic dept?

I've sent mine! Everyone should! Only way they will listen. You can get Cohen email on Hailstate.com

Madisonmd
09-08-2019, 01:46 PM
Blast them !!!

starkvegasdawg
09-08-2019, 01:47 PM

One will be sent Monday morning I assure you. And I will add to the list above none of the new concession items were available in the 300 level on the east side. I was told they were downstairs only. Not sure about west side. Don't hype new items and then only offer them in part of the stadium. It was an absolutely miserable day made worse by either incompetence or stupidity. I'll let them decide which.

deadheaddawg
09-08-2019, 02:13 PM
Honestly everything was fine to me. East side top deck and really encountered less issues than normal but.

1) I didn't wait till 20 mins before kickoff to try to get in. It was so hot I wanted in the stadium as soon as possible so I could find me a metal folding chair in the air conditioning.
2) I brought a 1 liter water bottle and filled it from the water fountain. No need to worry with lines for water
3) it was too damn hot to eat. I can't imagine why anyone would be buying nachos when it's 120
4) the crowd was so thin at the end of the 4th quarter the wait for the elevator was the shortest I've seen in years.

My gameday experience grade is....
The university recieves a A+ for hiring Moorhead and providing a win

Coach007
09-08-2019, 02:16 PM

They are having a hard time getting people to work them is my understanding

ScottH
09-08-2019, 02:17 PM
Cue a "We Listened" video release on Wednesday. 3,2,1.....

dantheman4248
09-08-2019, 02:26 PM

That’s bad advertising of jobs / not paying enough money for the job problem then.

No reason you can’t get students who need parttime jobs to work if you offer decent compensation and adequately advertise the job on campus. If you’re struggling to find workers and know you’re going to have a shortage how do you not think to advertise that on the drill field or in the union?

RiverCityDawg
09-08-2019, 02:47 PM
Honestly everything was fine to me. East side top deck and really encountered less issues than normal but.

1) I didn't wait till 20 mins before kickoff to try to get in. It was so hot I wanted in the stadium as soon as possible so I could find me a metal folding chair in the air conditioning.
2) I brought a 1 liter water bottle and filled it from the water fountain. No need to worry with lines for water
3) it was too damn hot to eat. I can't imagine why anyone would be buying nachos when it's 120
4) the crowd was so thin at the end of the 4th quarter the wait for the elevator was the shortest I've seen in years.

Same. All of it.

dantheman4248
09-08-2019, 03:02 PM

1) Doesn’t make it unreasonable to not expect lass than 30 minute wait times to get into the stadium. Hire more workers / have more metal detectors. I shouldn’t have to cut my tailgate short an hour before the game to get in and into my seat at a decent time.

2) There’s one water fountain in the student section. I personally waited for about 10-15 minutes in that one. Idea is nice but again they need more fountains to accommodate people’s basic need for water.

3) Most people in concession lines were to get powerade / bottled water. Not everyone brings in their own bottle. There aren’t drink only sections. This had nothing to do with food.

4) Well yea, you were sitting in 100? degree heat. Kudos to you for being able to survive. I don’t think it’s a glowing endorsement of gameday experience if the lines are so short because of such a lack of crowd.

I’m not speaking on the outcome of the game. I’m speaking on the experience fans have when they come to the stadium with the atmosphere. If I was a neutral fan / usm fan I would have serious reservations ever coming back.

IMissJack
09-08-2019, 03:06 PM

This is an economics 101 problem. My school district says the same thing about school bus drivers (they can't find enough). You know why you have a shortage of employees 1) unemployment is the lowest it has been in a long time 2) You don't pay enough.

How things work in a non government situation: There are so many licensed truckers needed in West Texas to haul oil that there is a shortage of drivers in TX. This is creating a shortage for all transporters. I heard a few weeks ago that WalMart was paying some truckers around $90K because they just can't get or keep them.

crackerjax
09-08-2019, 03:14 PM
On the east side bottom, there were no TVs and the radio feed coming through the speakers had more static than actual words. Wasn?t sure what the issue was.

Pinto
09-08-2019, 03:40 PM
I was on the east side upper deck and it is the worst I've seen in all our years of having tickets up there.
1) It was hot up there. It is usually like walking into a meat cooler. Turn the air on the night before and cooler.
2) One concession stand had 1 of 6 windows open. That's unacceptable. Luckily, the concession on my end was staffed and they were hustling.
3) There are only 4 water fountains on the entire level. How do you not bring in water cows or other hookups for refilling water. I ended up buying water cause I didn't want to spend 30 mins in line for the fountain.
4) The stadium just looks old and dingy in several places. It reminds me of turner stadium in Atlanta in the Braves last 4 years. Just clean it up and put a new coat of paint. Keep it fresh.

The only thing I give a pass on is #1, but did any one in the ADs office check the AC system beforehand to make sure it is cooling? Too many times people assume things are working and don't check ahead of time. That being said, with heat and humidity it is hard for AC units to keep up right now.

My friends and I joked that it looked like a refugee camp up there. People just aren't used to heat and being outside anymore.

viverlibre
09-08-2019, 03:44 PM

^^^^^^this. I was in the adjacent line at 1:45, no one entered in the media line the entire 25 minutes we waited. I'm assuming the media is in the stadium at least one hour prior to kick.

There needs to be an athletic department official (with authority) checking on lines and making changes/moving resources as necessary.

starkvegasdawg
09-08-2019, 03:46 PM
I was on the east side upper deck and it is the worst I've seen in all our years of having tickets up there.
1) It was hot up there. It is usually like walking into a meat cooler. Turn the air on the night before and cooler.
2) One concession stand had 1 of 6 windows open. That's unacceptable. Luckily, the concession on my end was staffed and they were hustling.
3) There are only 4 water fountains on the entire level. How do you not bring in water cows or other hookups for refilling water. I ended up buying water cause I didn't want to spend 30 mins in line for the fountain.
4) The stadium just looks old and dingy in several places. It reminds me of turner stadium in Atlanta in the Braves last 4 years. Just clean it up and put a new coat of paint. Keep it fresh.

The only thing I give a pass on is #1, but did any one in the ADs office check the AC system beforehand to make sure it is cooling? Too many times people assume things are working and don't check ahead of time. That being said, with heat and humidity it is hard for AC units to keep up right now.

My friends and I joked that it looked like a refugee camp up there. People just aren't used to heat and being outside anymore.

Another nice touch was whoever decided to puke in the concourse and then in the bathroom. Instead of immediately cleaning it up there was just someone standing there saying be careful someone was sick and pointing to the floor. And to be honest, I'm not even sure that was an employee. May have just been someone at the game watching out for everybody else.

Maroonthirteen
09-08-2019, 04:29 PM
On the east side bottom, there were no TVs and the radio feed coming through the speakers had more static than actual words. Wasn?t sure what the issue was.

Yeah. East upper. Before the game there was a feed of our our game on half the TVs . Halftime, We had tennis or a black screen and Alabama on the TVs. Just dumb.

BrunswickDawg
09-08-2019, 05:16 PM

EngDawg
09-08-2019, 05:53 PM

D-? Really??? That was an outright F to me! The whole operation had a big time JV feel to it. I agree with everything else in your post.

robert
09-08-2019, 05:58 PM
D-? Really??? That was an outright F to me! The whole operation had a big time JV feel to it. I agree with everything else in your post.

I hear the university is hiring a tutor.***

dantheman4248
09-08-2019, 06:12 PM

I jokingly gave them not an F because they did at least improve the speakers like they said.

And Cohen addressed 1/4 major issues with that tweet.

TVs, Entrance wait times, Lack of water fountains around the stadium.

maroonmania
09-08-2019, 07:19 PM
I jokingly gave them not an F because they did at least improve the speakers like they said.

And Cohen addressed 1/4 major issues with that tweet.

TVs, Entrance wait times, Lack of water fountains around the stadium.

Nobody cares much about the fan experience going to the games anymore. Its all about accommodating the TV folks. From gametime starts, to long lines to get in, long lines to get concessions, not having anything on campus open even after an 11:00 game, putting the biggest game of the year on freakin' Thanksgiving, the game attending fan is WAY down the list of priorities.