PDA

View Full Version : We Ranked!!

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2019, 12:19 PM
We enter at #23 in the coaches poll.

Take care of the next 2 weeks & we'll be about 17th for the Auburn game, which is where we should've started to begin with & where all the analytical models mostly had us

Coach007
09-08-2019, 12:21 PM
Yep!

BulldogDX55
09-08-2019, 12:35 PM
https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/polls/amway-coaches-poll/

What I don't understand is why KSU isn't even receiving votes. They mailed their first two opponents.

MetEdDawg
09-08-2019, 12:44 PM
https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/polls/amway-coaches-poll/

What I don't understand is why KSU isn't even receiving votes. They mailed their first two opponents.

Because their 2 opponents were Nichols State and Bowling Green, who was picked to finish last in the MAC. Kansas State I believe was picked to finish 9th in the Big 12. They aren't a good football team.

Home game for us against an inferior Big 12 team that's dominated trashy competition. We should win this game by 14 or more points, especially if we are relatively healthy. This board still doesn't know what this team is. I think we are better than most of the board believes. Had tons of folks saying USM would keep it close and beat them by 20+ with our freshman QB playing more than half the game. We win this game by 14 or more folks.

TrapGame
09-08-2019, 01:00 PM
Because their 2 opponents were Nichols State and Bowling Green, who was picked to finish last in the MAC. Kansas State I believe was picked to finish 9th in the Big 12. They aren't a good football team.

Home game for us against an inferior Big 12 team that's dominated trashy competition. We should win this game by 14 or more points, especially if we are relatively healthy. This board still doesn't know what this team is. I think we are better than most of the board believes. Had tons of folks saying USM would keep it close and beat them by 20+ with our freshman QB playing more than half the game. We win this game by 14 or more folks.

This^^^^^

We have not opened the offense up yet and Shoop still runs base D and turns up the heat at the right time. I think we'll see the rushing attack of K State take a few steps back. We load the box and force their QB to pass.

Commercecomet24
09-08-2019, 01:24 PM
Being honest i think usm is a better team than Kansas State from what I've seen

TrapGame
09-08-2019, 01:30 PM
Being honest i think usm is a better team than Kansas State from what I've seen

This is why I was harping on playing teams with a pulse to start off. K State played two horrible teams and looked All American. We will be their first real test. We played ULL, a good Sunbelt team, and USM, a CUSA team with a pulse. You could tell we cleaned some stuff up between ULL and USM. Both ULL and USM would beat the tee total shiznick out of Nichols and Bowling Green.

Commercecomet24
09-08-2019, 01:32 PM
This is why I was harping on playing teams with a pulse to start off. K State played two horrible teams and looked All American. We will be their first real test. We played ULL, a good Sunbelt team, and USM, a CUSA team with a pulse. You could tell we cleaned some stuff up between ULL and USM. Both ULL and USM would beat the tee total shiznick out of Nichols and Bowling Green.

Trap gets it!

dantheman4248
09-08-2019, 01:45 PM
Still on the outside looking in at the AP poll. Washington still ranked Cal not. Hilarious and shows that people don’t watch every game. These polls are purely perception based. Sucks that they matter for the branding of a school because the people voting mail it in.

Commercecomet24
09-08-2019, 01:54 PM
Still on the outside looking in at the AP poll. Washington still ranked Cal not. Hilarious and shows that people don’t watch every game. These polls are purely perception based. Sucks that they matter for the branding of a school because the people voting mail it in.

I watched all of that cal/uw game until 330 am when it ended. Cal surprised me. They're a really good football team with a quality defense. Their lb Evan Weaver is a one man wrecking crew and their secondary is fast and athletic. Cal is going to destroy ole miss. They'll win by 20+ and ole miss won't score more than 10 on them.