PDA

View Full Version : Is auburn gonna be us last year?

msstate7
09-08-2019, 09:09 AM
Their defense is legit. Holding Oregon to 21 while getting no real offensive help most the game is gonna be more impressive as the year goes on. Oregon obliterated Nevada yesterday, 77-6. That Nevada team won against a decent team (Purdue), 34-31.

Nix isn't ready to carry that offense, and Schwartz and Williams got hurt last night. If those injuries are serious, Auburn's offense may be pretty bad against decent defenses. Unless the offense takes a big step forward, I think they'll look a lot like us last year against the good defenses they see this year.

Coursesuper
09-08-2019, 09:41 AM
I think that just might be an accurate assessment. Barring injuries they will be a better with the skill positions than we were last year but that defense is loaded with real good players and is very well coached.

Randolph Dupree
09-08-2019, 09:57 AM
I've watched both of Auburn's games this far and the blueprint to beat them should be the same as our game plan from last year. They are not consistent enough offensively and outside of the DL the defense is good but not great. If we can get behind our big OL, grind out long clock eating drives, and play average on D we can win the game comfortably.

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2019, 10:40 AM
Nix sucks

Scared_Hitless
09-08-2019, 11:08 AM
We can beat Auburn I said this in the preseason. Our offense if healthy is going to score and AU is bad on offense. Unless Nix improves it will be a battle on the plains.

Johnson85
09-08-2019, 11:31 AM
We can beat Auburn I said this in the preseason. Our offense if healthy is going to score and AU is bad on offense. Unless Nix improves it will be a battle on the plains.

We have had two G5 schools move the ball against us pretty well. If you look at team stats, you wouldn’t think we had blown USM out based on yards, TOS, etc. not saying we wont outscore auburn. But I don’t think they’re bad enough that they won’t score on us.