msstate7
09-08-2019, 08:15 AM
3rd nationally in rush offense
20th in yds/rush
12th in scoring offense
11th in total offense

5th nationally in scoring defense
8th in total defense

Granted, these stats are skewed bc of competition, but this will be our biggest test we've faced so far. We may need to play autry in this.

It'll be interesting to see the line. I'll guess us -5.5 to 7

MetEdDawg
09-08-2019, 08:18 AM
Bowling Green and Nichols State were their 2 opponents. So very much skewed by competition. We should beat the brakes off these clowns.

If we are healthy and the line is 7 or less bet the farm on us.

msstate7
09-08-2019, 08:30 AM
Bowling Green and Nichols State were their 2 opponents. So very much skewed by competition. We should beat the brakes off these clowns.

If we are healthy and the line is 7 or less bet the farm on us.

Maybe so, I think we win, but I see a tough game. They've played well so far. They held bowling green to 140 total yards last week. We had perhaps our best defense ever last year, and we didn't hold a team under 180 all year. Their commitment to the run with a good oline is what concerns me though

msudawg1200
09-08-2019, 08:39 AM
Bowling Green is bad. They were picked to finish last in the MAC and that’s saying something. If Tommy and the OL is fully healthy we win something like 38-13. If not we win something like 24-14.

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2019, 08:52 AM
. We may need to play autry in this.

Wait, isn't Autry eligible now?

msstate7
09-08-2019, 08:56 AM
Wait, isn't Autry eligible now?

This is the big debate. The one that told me we'd have the mass suspensions about a month before we found out said then autry was one. He still says autry is one. Some say autry isn't. Guess we'll all know soon

confucius say
09-08-2019, 09:25 AM
This is the big debate. The one that told me we'd have the mass suspensions about a month before we found out said then autry was one. He still says autry is one. Some say autry isn't. Guess we'll all know soon

Autry was suspended week 1 right? If not for tutor gate, has anybody heard some other explanation as to why he was suspended week 1?

Pollodawg
09-08-2019, 09:25 AM
This one worries me. Any team that can run will give us fits this season.

confucius say
09-08-2019, 09:29 AM
20th in yds/rush
12th in scoring offense
11th in total offense

8th in total defense

Granted, these stats are skewed bc of competition, but this will be our biggest test we've faced so far. We may need to play autry in this.

I wonder how BG and Nichols have done against the run in their non-KSU game.

And I think the line is over 7 assuming TS is good to go

tcdog70
09-08-2019, 09:32 AM

Wait, I thought you shouldn't post stuff unless it is documented.

msstate7
09-08-2019, 09:34 AM
I wonder how BG and Nichols have done against the run in their non-KSU game.

And I think the line is over 7 assuming TS is good to go

Yeah, after re-thinking, I think it's more 9 to 11.

BG rush def totals...
Vs Morgan st: 31 carries 46 yds
Vs KSU: 58 carries 333 yds

Nichols st...
Vs KSU: 58 carries. 361 yds
No opponent week 2

Morgan st is a hell of a running team too**

msu15
09-08-2019, 09:46 AM
It’ll definitely be a closer game than it was last year. Before we played them last year they struggled to beat their FCS opponent week 1. Factor in a new coach and it should be a good test for us. Definitely need Tommy.

ATTILLA THE DOG
09-08-2019, 10:00 AM
IF we can't beat kstate,we will only win 3 more games,I think we can beat them. Going to be a long year if we lose this one.

CadaverDawg
09-08-2019, 10:14 AM
We better toughen up in the middle and start wrapping up, or next week will be a dog fight

FriarsPoint
09-08-2019, 10:21 AM
We better toughen up in the middle and start wrapping up, or next week will be a dog fight

Yep. They’re running some I formation this year and their line looks improved.

msstate7
09-08-2019, 10:22 AM
Yep. They’re running some I formation this year and their line looks improved.

I-formation? Do we bring in an extra LB this week?

WSOPdawg
09-08-2019, 10:24 AM
Any team committed to the run right now (like KSU) will give us fits because we're too soft up the middle.

Also, while our tackling was greatly improved, we got tired (and sloppy) in the 2nd half against USM as we did in New Orleans and had a lot of missed tackles in the 2nd half. Not being able to control the line of scrimmage defensively is our weak link imo, and KSU will exploit that enough to give us a game.

Coach007
09-08-2019, 10:33 AM
20th in yds/rush
12th in scoring offense
11th in total offense

8th in total defense

Yep. Our schedule has helped us grow young talent. And they need a bigger test.

Scared_Hitless
09-08-2019, 11:24 AM
We win but this is a big test. I really like their coach hire

defiantdog
09-08-2019, 11:32 AM
I think we see a lot more of Aaron Brule next week to help against the run. He's no Willie Gay, but he's fast and knows how to tackle. We slow down the run, then we win easily. We need to clean up the tackling though.

Coach007
09-08-2019, 12:04 PM
They will get a lot of this

Thick
09-08-2019, 12:22 PM
I will have confirmation tomorrow regarding Autry, but it’s 1 of the 2. It’s either a 4 game or 8 game suspension. I was told last weekend it was 8, but will definitely find out tomorrow.

WinningIsRelentless
09-08-2019, 12:48 PM
I will have confirmation tomorrow regarding Autry, but it’s 1 of the 2. It’s either a 4 game or 8 game suspension. I was told last weekend it was 8, but will definitely find out tomorrow.
Or you are wrong.

confucius say
09-08-2019, 01:03 PM
They will get a lot of this

Not really. If it were at night maybe. But the crowd was dead yesterday. Prob the heat. Which will be the same this week. And the horrible concession lines. Which hopefully won?t be present this week.

Coach007
09-08-2019, 01:12 PM
Not really. If it were at night maybe. But the crowd was dead yesterday. Prob the heat. Which will be the same this week. And the horrible concession lines. Which hopefully won?t be present this week.

LOL....

Bothrops
09-08-2019, 01:58 PM
We can easily lose this game. K-State will be able to rush on us all day long, and the key for them is that they can block us better than USM and probably ULL. I hate to be in a game like this where we have to score a touchdown on nearly every possession, but we need to put up a bunch of points and control the clock some.

We are in for a fight, and all hands need to be on deck. Stack the box and make them throw some, we can slow them down hopefully.

dawgday166
09-08-2019, 02:00 PM
I don't really know how good KSU is but they are loaded with Srs and I kinda like their coaching hire. I'm glad we have that game at home. We may win by 30, but I think going in it might be a stiffer than expected test for us.

Bothrops
09-08-2019, 02:06 PM
We may win by 30

We will be lucky to win.

TrapGame
09-08-2019, 02:09 PM
So I guess to some of y'all we're as bad as Nichols St. and Bowling Green. Kansas State hasn't been tested yet. If they can flat out run the ball down our throats like we're Bowling Green, more power to 'em I say. But a few of y'all are gonna be upset when we keep them to a modest amount of rushing yards. The best OL and RB on that field will be wearing maroon Saturday afternoon.

msu15
09-08-2019, 04:05 PM
We will be lucky to win.

Loser post

Coach007
09-08-2019, 05:07 PM
We will be lucky to win.

LOL

Lord McBuckethead
09-08-2019, 07:08 PM

So all teams.

Pollodawg
09-08-2019, 07:20 PM
So all teams.

I know you’re being a smart ass over the wording, but—yeah—all the SEC teams we play, anyway.

Thick
09-08-2019, 07:22 PM
Or you are wrong.

I’m not wrong.

Coach007
09-08-2019, 07:27 PM
I know you’re being a smart ass over the wording, but—yeah—all the SEC teams we play, anyway.

Actually.... You are are wrong.

Bothrops
09-08-2019, 07:46 PM
Loser post

How's that a loser post? Have you seen us shut down the run against the G5?

Pollodawg
09-08-2019, 08:06 PM
Actually.... You are are wrong.

I’m gonna have you a tee-shirt printed up with “We got a national championship under construction”—Houston Nutt.

Coach007
09-08-2019, 08:15 PM
How's that a loser post? Have you seen us shut down the run against the G5?

Because we have not gone all out .

I mean seriously.

I saw it posted here by the crew that we SUCKED and OMG the Sky just pounded my head into the ground because of the ULL game. What happened? We won. We did a little more against USM.

You are not going to see our best defense until we have to have it. WHY? That's a GREAT question that you already know the answer to.

- We need to build depth.
- At all cost, we need to not show our hand.

Why are we STRESSING over freshmen not living up to a 5 star ALL AMERICAN JR? I assure you if I go back and watch, add up, and repost the actual non-garbage time yards, you will find our DEFENSE allowed about 200 yards. AGAIN! and in the process managed to become a top turn over team.

RougeDawg
09-08-2019, 09:20 PM

Auburn had trouble running yesterday against Tulane.

Still too early to tell what anyone is at this point. With Stevens healthy we can compete with anyone.

Commercecomet24
09-08-2019, 09:22 PM

Still too early to tell what anyone is at this point. With Stevens healthy we can compete with anyone.

Thank you agree completely !

Prediction? Pain.
09-09-2019, 12:21 AM
Yeah, after re-thinking, I think it's more 9 to 11.

BG rush def totals...
Vs Morgan st: 31 carries 46 yds
Vs KSU: 58 carries 333 yds

Nichols st...
Vs KSU: 58 carries. 361 yds
No opponent week 2

Morgan st is a hell of a running team too**

I think KSU is going to be a great test for the team, both offensively and defensively. And I think, regardless of the outcome, the game will serve as a good bridge between our first two non-conference games and conference play. Upper half of the Sun Belt, upper third of C-USA, mid-tier (-ish?) Big 12, then on to the SEC grind.

After seeing the numbers you've posted about KSU, I had to do a double take. Damn, man. 333 yards rushing and 52 seems pretty stout, regardless. And Bowling Green's usually at least semi-legit. But someone said they were picked last in the MAC. So what's what?

Yeah, they're . . . not good. Here are the teams that rushed for as many or more yards against Bowling Green last year than KSU did last week: Maryland (444 yds), Eastern KY (389 yards; a 7-win FCS team), Ga. Tech (372 yds), and Buffalo (333 yds). And then there was Miami of Ohio's 289 yards rushing, Toledo's 288 yards rushing, Western Michigan's 277 yards rushing, and Kent St. 225 yards rushing.

Those stellar performances landed them at 128th (out of 130 FBS teams) in rushing defense in 2018. Yikes.

Yes, KSU's been impressive so far. They've taken care of business and done so emphatically. But given that they've played an FCS team and what is likely -- at least right now -- one of the worst defenses in the FBS, I don't think it's a stretch to say that their fans know even less about them than we know about our team at this point. Even if our defense is a mid-tier SEC unit (think A&M or South Carolina last year), it's substantially better than what KSU has faced yet. State, on the other hand, has faced what should be a decent offense (UL-Laf. finished 2018 at 53rd in the S&P+ offense rankings) and a solid defense (USM's D ended 2018 at 27th in the S&P+ defense rankings).

KSU could be great, mediocre, or relatively crappy. Who knows. We could be great, mediocre, or relatively crappy. Who knows. My noncommittal, no-risk, wiener-man guess? It'll be a tighter than last year. But we aren't Bowling Green.

Coach007
09-09-2019, 12:47 AM
I think KSU is going to be a great test for the team, both offensively and defensively. And I think, regardless of the outcome, the game will serve as a good bridge between our first two non-conference games and conference play. Upper half of the Sun Belt, upper third of C-USA, mid-tier (-ish?) Big 12, then on to the SEC grind.

After seeing the numbers you've posted about KSU, I had to do a double take. Damn, man. 333 yards rushing and 52 seems pretty stout, regardless. And Bowling Green's usually at least semi-legit. But someone said they were picked last in the MAC. So what's what?

Yeah, they're . . . not good. Here are the teams that rushed for as many or more yards against Bowling Green last year than KSU did last week: Maryland (444 yds), Eastern KY (389 yards; a 7-win FCS team), Ga. Tech (372 yds), and Buffalo (333 yds). And then there was Miami of Ohio's 289 yards rushing, Toledo's 288 yards rushing, Western Michigan's 277 yards rushing, and Kent St. 225 yards rushing.

Those stellar performances landed them at 128th (out of 130 FBS teams) in rushing defense in 2018. Yikes.

Yes, KSU's been impressive so far. They've taken care of business and done so emphatically. But given that they've played an FCS team and what is likely -- at least right now -- one of the worst defenses in the FBS, I don't think it's a stretch to say that their fans know even less about them than we know about our team at this point. Even if our defense is a mid-tier SEC unit (think A&M or South Carolina last year), it's substantially better than what KSU has faced yet. State, on the other hand, has faced what should be a decent offense (UL-Laf. finished 2018 at 53rd in the S&P+ offense rankings) and a solid defense (USM's D ended 2018 at 27th in the S&P+ defense rankings).

KSU could be great, mediocre, or relatively crappy. Who knows. We could be great, mediocre, or relatively crappy. Who knows. My noncommittal, no-risk, wiener-man guess? It'll be a tighter than last year. But we aren't Bowling Green.

I know!!!

Coach007
09-09-2019, 12:52 AM

Not saying anything about the kids future.... BUT.. he sucks throwing currently. He is a 47% guy who has 1 more TD than INT.

Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post

Again.... Based off what? Freshmen... off a defense that has ran no set schemes?

What are you basing that off of.... AND PLEASE, for the love of God, DON'T say ULL? I mean seriously... don't

Pollodawg
09-09-2019, 11:16 AM
Not saying anything about the kids future.... BUT.. he sucks throwing currently. He is a 47% guy who has 1 more TD than INT.

Again.... Based off what? Freshmen... off a defense that has ran no set schemes?

What are you basing that off of.... AND PLEASE, for the love of God, DON'T say ULL? I mean seriously... don't

“Coach,” you’re really worried about scheme when Sunbelt players are dragging our DTs and pushing the pile?

Coach007
09-09-2019, 11:41 AM
“Coach,” you’re really worried about scheme when Sunbelt players are dragging our DTs and pushing the pile?

Yep. It's part of defense. When you have a extremely seasoned OL going up against 2 freshmen in game 1 (their first college start), you are going to that. But there was zero reason to do anything other than line them up and let the young guys gain experience because the game was never in doubt.

Are under the impression that our defense doesn't do what every FBS and FCS team does?

Pollodawg
09-09-2019, 12:22 PM
Yep. It's part of defense. When you have a extremely seasoned OL going up against 2 freshmen in game 1 (their first college start), you are going to that. But there was zero reason to do anything other than line them up and let the young guys gain experience because the game was never in doubt.

Are under the impression that our defense doesn't do what every FBS and FCS team does?

Yeah, man. scheme is causing inferior talent to run through our half-assed arm tackles.

Coach007
09-09-2019, 12:45 PM
Yeah, man. scheme is causing inferior talent to run through our half-assed arm tackles.

LMAO!

You do you man

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-09-2019, 01:18 PM
20th in yds/rush
12th in scoring offense
11th in total offense

8th in total defense

I think we had a similar discussion last season....Great stats against garbage teams are not that telling.

Commercecomet24
09-09-2019, 01:22 PM
I think we had a similar discussion last season....Great stats against garbage teams are not that telling.

This and we were told by many last year that they had the best ol in the country with all their returning starters and that they would give us trouble and then turns out they couldn't run or pass. You have to respect every opponent but we need to give our own team some respect as well.

TrapGame
09-09-2019, 01:30 PM
This and we were told by many last year that they had the best ol in the country with all their returning starters and that they would give us trouble and then turns out they couldn't run or pass. You have to respect every opponent but we need to give our own team some respect as well.

Bravo, my man. Well said.

Cooterpoot
09-09-2019, 01:33 PM
With Stevens likely out, it’s going to be a closer game but I still expect to win. KSU returns 15 starters, so they’ll be improved.

Homedawg
09-09-2019, 01:37 PM
With Stevens likely out, it’s going to be a closer game but I still expect to win. KSU returns 15 starters, so they’ll be improved.
Who said TS was out?.

FriarsPoint
09-09-2019, 01:40 PM
Who said TS was out?.

Day to day per Moorhead.
https://www.supertalk.fm/watch-joe-moorhead-previews-kansas-state-and-updates-injuries-in-his-weekly-press-conference/

TrapGame
09-09-2019, 01:59 PM
Day to day per Moorhead.
https://www.supertalk.fm/watch-joe-moorhead-previews-kansas-state-and-updates-injuries-in-his-weekly-press-conference/

Joe's playing his cards close to the vest. Now KSU has to prepare for two QBs.

Cooterpoot
09-09-2019, 02:19 PM
Day to day per Moorhead.

I was told this morning he’s likely out for a couple weeks. Waited to see what Moorhead said before saying anything, and I feel like it’s true. Maybe IYOK knows more.

Thick
09-09-2019, 03:01 PM
Autry was 1 of the 10 players in tutorgate, is suspended 8 games. We appealed with some players, but we lost all appeals. So, Autry has 3 left to play in the regular season.

NickoeWatersHedges
09-09-2019, 04:38 PM
Joel Coleman tweeted Autry played last week. If he was suspended 8 games im assuming we wouldn’t have played him last week. If he is and we burned one of his 4 games on USM that would be hard to grasp.

dawgday166
09-09-2019, 05:15 PM

I think we should win but ... which teams could run/pass against us last year. Seems like even with the great D we had we talked a bunch of smack to Iowa and ... got smacked.

dantheman4248
09-09-2019, 05:29 PM

Well said. Rep Given.

Commercecomet24
09-09-2019, 06:05 PM
I think we should win but ... which teams could run/pass against us last year. Seems like even with the great D we had we talked a bunch of smack to Iowa and ... got smacked.

I'm not talking smack I'm saying while we need to respect whoever we're playing we also need to give just a tiny bit of respect to our own players. We're not chopped liver we're pretty good team with some warts but also with a lot of talent and I'm sure not ashamed to say it. Doesn't mean I believe we'll win every game but we will compete and have another 7-9 win season

dawgday166
09-09-2019, 06:26 PM
I'm not talking smack I'm saying while we need to respect whoever we're playing we also need to give just a tiny bit of respect to our own players. We're not chopped liver we're pretty good team with some warts but also with a lot of talent and I'm sure not ashamed to say it. Doesn't mean I believe we'll win every game but we will compete and have another 7-9 win season

Really wasn't directing that at you cause you're not much of a smack talker.

I don't agree on 7 - 9 wins. We win out pretty easily (Bama beware) ******

Seriously tho ... 7 - 9 is about right. Historically speaking we tend to lose at least one we shouldn't and win one also that we may not should. So I'm guessing 8 myself. Unless we lose one before AU (which I don't anticipate), we should know more when we're coming back from the Plains.

Commercecomet24
09-09-2019, 06:42 PM
Really wasn't directing that at you cause you're not much of a smack talker.

I don't agree on 7 - 9 wins. We win out pretty easily (Bama beware) ******

Seriously tho ... 7 - 9 is about right. Historically speaking we tend to lose at least one we shouldn't and win one also that we may not should. So I'm guessing 8 myself. Unless we lose one before AU (which I don't anticipate), we should know more when we're coming back from the Plains.

Oh I gotcha. No prob and I agree with you on the AU game.